Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #61
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Okay,

I too just spoke with Miranda and was told there are 30 spots available between the North and South Campgrounds. That means plenty of room for people waiting till the last couple of weeks to jump on the rally wagon. We are actually very close to 20 trailers, and could possibly get the BIG discount with a few more attendees. I don't know if y'all have looked at the list of events the park is hosting for the weekend we are there, but we look forward to Hay rides, the spook house, hot dogs, marshmallows, and wassel, bonfires, the costume contest, and the kids trick or treating!

When the park changed owners a few months ago, they put a new reservation policy into place...FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. This is highly annoying to me! As a rally planner, I want all of my attendees to be grouped together. First come first served makes that difficult especially when people are arriving a day late (I'm looking at you Twinkiemand!).

I would like to get the opinions of those attending the event on campground preferences to stay at. We will likely be guaranteed to all be placed together in a big group if we camp at the north location. The north location is much smaller, away from the Witchy Weekend festivities, has a lighted pavilion for gatherings, and is on a hill. The South park is much larger, has more amenities, and while hilly, it isn't as hilly as the North park. With Witchy weekend going on, the South Park's pavilion and facilities will be utilized for the events going on. If we are at the north park then we have our own pavilion to go to when not at Witchy weekend.

Here is a map. You can see the different colored sites for Delux and Premium (essentially a concrete pad requiring you to pay a small fee extra).

Pictures of the North park can be found at these links Branson Fall 2007 and Branson Spring 2008. I couldn't find pictures from our event at the South park in 2009, but that's because we were at Silver Dollar City the entire time!

Let me know your preferences, and I will discuss them with the park. I am going to stop in there tomorrow after work.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #62
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Fort Riley , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Okay,

I too just spoke with Miranda and was told there are 30 spots available between the North and South Campgrounds. That means plenty of room for people waiting till the last couple of weeks to jump on the rally wagon. We are actually very close to 20 trailers, and could possibly get the BIG discount with a few more attendees. I don't know if y'all have looked at the list of events the park is hosting for the weekend we are there, but we look forward to Hay rides, the spook house, hot dogs, marshmallows, and wassel, bonfires, the costume contest, and the kids trick or treating!

When the park changed owners a few months ago, they put a new reservation policy into place...FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. This is highly annoying to me! As a rally planner, I want all of my attendees to be grouped together. First come first served makes that difficult especially when people are arriving a day late (I'm looking at you Twinkiemand!).

I would like to get the opinions of those attending the event on campground preferences to stay at. We will likely be guaranteed to all be placed together in a big group if we camp at the north location. The north location is much smaller, away from the Witchy Weekend festivities, has a lighted pavilion for gatherings, and is on a hill. The South park is much larger, has more amenities, and while hilly, it isn't as hilly as the North park. With Witchy weekend going on, the South Park's pavilion and facilities will be utilized for the events going on. If we are at the north park then we have our own pavilion to go to when not at Witchy weekend.

Here is a map. You can see the different colored sites for Delux and Premium (essentially a concrete pad requiring you to pay a small fee extra).

Pictures of the North park can be found at these links Branson Fall 2007 and Branson Spring 2008. I couldn't find pictures from our event at the South park in 2009, but that's because we were at Silver Dollar City the entire time!

Let me know your preferences, and I will discuss them with the park. I am going to stop in there tomorrow after work.
Hey Steve, change in plans for us. We are actually going to extend our stay and come down on Thursday night, but late, late arrival. We are also contemplating staying until Monday, just because we have some warranty issues with the rig that we have to let Airstream Springfield look at. So there you have it, we'll be all hands on deck !

Dunja

PS> I would like to stay where the majority of you all are for sure, that's the point of the rally right?! So I am going to go with the majority here, our earlier arrival may make this easier...
Old 10-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #63
1 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Pine bluff , Arkansas
I called and told them I was with the Airstream rally. She charged my $118 for the two nights. I thought that was a little high but all camping places are different so I went with it. I hope we are all together!!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #64
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Fort Riley , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihighkid View Post
I called and told them I was with the Airstream rally. She charged my $118 for the two nights. I thought that was a little high but all camping places are different so I went with it. I hope we are all together!!
I think we really need to check out the pricing, she was going to charge me 92$ for two nights?
Perhaps that is the already discounted price?
See you there, I am really excited!
DUnja
Old 10-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #65
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihighkid View Post

You will likely be seeing a refund on your expenses. Unless you are on the most expensive type of camping space. I don't even see a discount applied yet to that amount.

I will take care of all of that, so nobody worry about the rate!

Steve
Old 10-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #66
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Fort Riley , Kansas
Thank you Steve!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
I had been looking to attend this event for a long time, it seems sure that bad circumstances are not going to allow.

This would have been my first Airstream event. Maybe next year.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:01 AM   #68
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Well that's a bummer, but it seems inevitable that we always lose someone as we get close. Hope it isnt many more.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #69
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Saint louis , Missouri
My preference is North - especially if we can all be together - I probably won't do as many of the activities so having our own pavillion would be my preference. Also because we are arriving later Friday night it would be easier to find a group of airstreams!
"Homer"
Old 10-10-2014, 10:13 AM   #70
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Steve,
Are they not going to be able to place us at least somewhat together?
How many have booked?
We have not reserved yet because of some uncertain situations that could cancel our plans!
Still hoping to come. But not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

Old 10-11-2014, 08:08 AM   #71
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
We made our reservations a week ago, I think it was $45 a night. We are coming down on Thursday afternoon, have no idea what site or if it is a premium or what. Hope they put us together. The North part would be ok with us, whatever is decided. Jim is going to call today and find out where they might have put us.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Old 10-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #72
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
We made our reservations a week ago, I think it was $45 a night. We are coming down on Thursday afternoon, have no idea what site or if it is a premium or what. Hope they put us together. The North part would be ok with us, whatever is decided. Jim is going to call today and find out where they might have put us.
Unfortunately with the new First Come first Serve policy, they cannot guarantee us all being together. I do believe that being at the North location offers a much better chance of being together as it is smaller, and away from the activities. I am working Thursday (In Branson), and then running home to Ozark to grab the trailer and head back. Depending on how many cases we have, I could be there around 1 pm or at 5 pm.

I am trying to reach the park regarding total numbers, but I have not had 2 calls returned. I am going to call again shortly as it is the weekend.

Steve
Old 10-12-2014, 12:59 AM   #73
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Fort Riley , Kansas
Steve, we are going to be there very late Thursday night and will have to make do what they give us, do you think there is any way to put in a word with the camp office that we are near everyone in our group? Just because we won't be able to see them as we arrive after hours. Although I guess I could call them...
Old 10-12-2014, 04:56 PM   #74

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
I would think since your hosting a rally, they could group you together. I know when they had the rally in Oklahoma they didn't reserve spots but they made an exception for us and put us all together. This is one of the reasons we left Branson. Also the change in scenery was nice. I wish we were able to make it.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
That is a very high rate for rally spots - especially if they won't even cooperate in grouping us together! If we are able to come, we may stay most of the time at Mill Creek or one of the other Tablerock sites. It is absolutely beautiful at Mill Creek and cost us around $10 per night because we have the pass. It's inexpensive even without and has water & electric and a dump site.
I love Compton's, but $45 per night is higher than we have ever paid except at the beach in Los Angeles. I don't even think we paid that much at Liberty, across the river from NYC with a view of the Statue of Liberty and the skyline.
We also stayed in downtown Branson at the city's RV park quite reasonably and it was near the mall, Bass Pro Shop, and everything.
Compton's is pricing themselves out of our market!
Even Silver Dollar City's excellent Wilderness park RV spaces probably aren't that expensive.
Not your fault at all, Steve. I'm sure not criticizing you. I know it's very hard to host these things! And you're our founder!
I liked Acorn Acres the best but don't know how the new owners would be to work with? Maybe we should check with them about "coming home" in the spring??
Just my 2-cents worth!

Reba McEntire

Old 10-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #76
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Of course, they ARE across the road from Billy Gail's, so they get credit for that! ;-)

Reba McEntire

Old 10-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #77
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
What you have to understand is that the rates are inflated due to the park's special events during witchy weekend. When we originally booked, I was told the event was not during that weekend, but it changed a month later. Then we were given the rate of $35 if we had 20 trailers even though they have never given a discount on that special event weekend.

In all honesty, I woukd gkadly relocate the entire rally to Acorn acres in a moment if I knew they had room for all of us. Perhaps someone can call and ask if they have 16 spots as I am in surgery while I type this.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:35 AM   #78
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Let's get some input! What about those who reserved? Could they get a refund?
They're in the same area, for those who don't know. And Acorn Acres is really, really nice and in the past has provided us with a free screened pavilion & kitchen.
I will be glad to call, Steve, and post whatever I find out.

Reba McEntire

Old 10-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #79
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
The last time we did Acorn Acres in the fall I think we had 22 trailers! It is under new ownership.

Reba McEntire

Old 10-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #80
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
so I just happen to be given a break right after writing that. I went ahead and called a corn acres to find out what their availability was for the weekend. The person at the desk told me that they do have spots available, but it depends on how large of a trailer everyone has. They had maybe 5 spots that woukd accommodate large trailers. I didnt ask specific lengths of what large woukd be considered. Im thinking box trailers get to be very long.

The biggest issue of changing at this point is that some people who aren't very active on airforums may not see the change. I can say that I won't go back to Compton during a special weekend again due ro all this extra stuff going on with discounts, not reserving siyes, etc.