Old 01-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Cadillac , Michigan
Would it be ok to come up for an afternoon even if my Caravel is not ready for the road by then? I am starting a shell on floor replacement in the spring.
I'd love to meet some fellow Airstreamers.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri
Absolutely!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo Girl View Post
Would it be ok to come up for an afternoon even if my Caravel is not ready for the road by then? I am starting a shell on floor replacement in the spring.
I'd love to meet some fellow Airstreamers.
DG:

Absolutely you can stop by! We went to our first two rallies without a trailer! Some people even bring their aluminum "tents" if their renovation isn't too far along!

I'm sure there will be some evening potluck style dinners and other group things going on, just keep an eye on the thread and we'll see you there!

Tina

Old 01-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Trenton , Illinois
I love the Olympic Games and in 2004 I had the honor of working at the U.S. Embassy in Athens supporting the Olympics. I just noticed that the games will be going on the week of our rally.

How cool would it be to have a potluck and project the games on the side of an Airstream? I think that would be fantastic. Does anyone have the equipment to do this?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #46
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri
Sorry Steve, we do not. As you know, we're kind of kicking and screaming as we're being dragged into this technological era...

Tina
Old 01-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We are only a few technology steps ahead of Mike and Tina in the tech dept. I'm sure you could ask Jack & Eric. We love Olympics, especially Roger. Laura was born during the 1988 games. Poor Roger got NO sleep because he had to stay up past midnight to watch Carl Lewis live from S. Korea. He finally dragged himself to bed only to be told 5 minutes later that we needed to go to the hospital.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #48
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Hold on to your lug nuts!

My husband's job requires him to have a professional portable projection camera and we can bring his. It is a sweet piece of equipment and clear as a bell. We've used it off of a computer for other events and it has worked out swell. Let's plan our potluck dinner around the Olympics! Go TEAM U.S.A. (I can hear our National Anthem already!)

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #49
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellen60 View Post
Hold on to your lug nuts!

My husband's job requires him to have a professional portable projection camera and we can bring his. It is a sweet piece of equipment and clear as a bell. We've used it off of a computer for other events and it has worked out swell. Let's plan our potluck dinner around the Olympics! Go TEAM U.S.A. (I can hear our National Anthem already!)
Kelly - you are the best!!!! I can't wait to hang out around the campfire with you.

However, is the professional projection camera compatable with TV? If you've used it with a computer does anyone know if the Olympics will be streaming online?

Steve, you may have some insight to this with your techno gadgets and apps. I know you can get wifi from your new phone to your iPad, but what about TV and the internet? When I've done events (non trailer or camping related), we've only been able to get TV shows on TVs unless we've wanted to bring in a video production team and lots of expensive equipment. Just my experience...

Viewing the Olympics may involve visiting the local pub.

Tina

P.S. I've already put on my thinking cap for my pot luck contribution that will be red, white and blue, but not sure yet what that will be...
Old 01-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #50
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Trenton , Illinois
Oh yeah. Kelly just made a video preview of Petoskey for us. Check it out. Makes me want to hitch up and run right now.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #51
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Looks beautiful!

I remember the dunes up in that area as almost being surreal.

Maggie
Old 01-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #52
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Can't Wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinLoaf View Post
Oh yeah. Kelly just made a video preview of Petoskey for us. Check it out. Makes me want to hitch up and run right now.
Thanks for the video. Danielle and I are both Creedence Clearwater Revival fans so the music was fun too.

I wish we didn't have to wait another month to make reservations - I'm just itchin' to be there!

Lucius
Old 01-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #53
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
San Antonio , Texas
This rally sounds so very interesting. Husband and I were going to visit my cousin in South Haven some time this summer and this looks like a great time to do so. We won't be pulling the AS from San Antonio due to limited vacation days, but would sure like to come up and visit. Any cabins around the area for rent? I remember us girls in high school (late 60's time frame)going to the "Dunes" religiously every Sunday with our Baby lotion to get that "healthy" tan. That was probably the Warren Dunes, though, driving up from Calumet City -- before the interstate was built.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri
Rosewoodtx,

You are in luck! The campgrounds at Petoskey have a few cabins. It shows in Steve's post #31 with the campground map!!!

Tina
Old 01-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #55
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
San Antonio , Texas
Thanks!!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Well, we've hit a snag.

Doug's 45th high school reunion in Iowa is August 3rd & 4th, and we have to be there at least one of those days.

Thought about going up to TC the end of July, renting a car the 3rd and 4th to hightail it to Iowa and back for the dress-up dinner, but then there is Lily whose needs must be met and it just will not work.

There's a cool-looking ferry across the lake from Muskegon to Milwaukee that might have been helpful, but it won't make the magic happen either.

So, tentative plan at this time is to go to the drinking-gathering part of the reunion on the 3rd, , then hightail it to TC on the 4th, getting up there late that day.

Stay a couple of days and head out.

It will have to do.

Maggie