Old 02-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #155
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcair View Post
We are taking a whole week to get there. No 12 hours drives for us! Kelly, how many spaces are left? Our friends are interested in coming.
I booked four additional spots, two at $29 and two at $40. Talk it over with your friends and let me know. It might not be too late to get them next to you. The campground folks have been wonderful to work with.

@Tina...the older I get the faster the time flies. Next month I will already have my Hen House rolling south down I-75 to the International Colt Starting show in Tennessee, my first trip of '12. I will make a stop at the Elephant Sanctuary nearby, too. Every night I fall asleep thinking about all the trips and fun I had last year and cooking up some more trouble to get into this year.

I keep going into the cold storage section in the red barn just to sit in my Airstream and do some "tweaking". Sometimes I just lay down on the bed, in the cold barn, and look around at the ceiling. I'm so dang happy in there. Does anybody else do this? Am I normal?

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #156
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
Normal people are boring. We sleep in ours on the driveway when the weather is nice.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #157
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellen60 View Post

I keep going into the cold storage section in the red barn just to sit in my Airstream and do some "tweaking". Sometimes I just lay down on the bed, in the cold barn, and look around at the ceiling. I'm so dang happy in there. Does anybody else do this? Am I normal?
You are not alone - my wife and I go out to the barn to sit in our Safari several times a week. Last night we turned the heat on, hooked up the Sat. dish, had some wine & pizza and watched most of the Superbowl in our little twinky.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0093.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	326.3 KB
ID:	150446  

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #158
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Man Cave

I keep a little oil radiator goin so I have a place to escape my loving grandkids when the get home from school. I have the radio, TV, adult bevs, life is good. Sal.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #159
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Antsy McClain & Trailer Park Troubadours

For those of you coming from the south and making a week-long or more vacation for this rally, considering joining us for the Antsy McClain and the Trailer Park Troubadours concert in Elizabethtown, KY on Saturday July 28.

Danielle and I will be staying at the E-town KOA. There are plenty of things to do and see in E-town. In particular, there's a cool car museum and that same weekend is the rod/custom/classic car show in town. I'll create a separate thread for an Antsy & Troubs discussion.

Lucius
Old 02-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #160
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
We used to take coffee out into ours early in the mornings, then sit and sip it while smiling, talking and dreaming of the places we would go and the things we would see.

Then, we'd go get ready for work.

I know someone who took his out camping this past weekend---to sit in it, enjoy it and watch the Super Bowl. You know who you are!

Maggie
Old 02-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #161
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Trenton , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
I know someone who took his out camping this past weekend---to sit in it, enjoy it and watch the Super Bowl. You know who you are!
I'm fortunate to live only 25 minutes from a hidden gem of a state park that keeps the campground open all year. I keep the water system winterized and carry a 5 gallon Coleman jug of water with me. Dishes get washed in a dish pan and all waste water goes down the toilet. Dump the black tank on the way out and you're all set. Winter camping takes appreciation of shelter to a whole new level. If it snows it's almost magical, so if the roads aren't bad, I'll be out camping.

With that said, the primary motive for the trip was to test out the new diesel. One word... sublime.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0696.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	150470  
Old 02-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #162
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Welcome tkasten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkasten View Post
You are not alone - my wife and I go out to the barn to sit in our Safari several times a week. Last night we turned the heat on, hooked up the Sat. dish, had some wine & pizza and watched most of the Superbowl in our little twinky.

So relieved to know I'm "normal". Your twinky looks snug as a bug in a rug. Love the picture you posted.

H E Y E V E R Y B O D Y ....

How about a big welcome to tkasten for joining the rally. They are coming up for a couple of nights. This is what rallies are all about. Folks coming in from everywhere and anywhere, feeling welcome, and making new travel buddies. I better get some more big fish tales memorized for those group campfire nights.

That leaves three more open spots to fill. If you have friends or family who want to come up, just let me know and I'll get them a reservation.

There used to be a street named after Chuck Norris but they changed it because nobody crosses Chuck Norris and lives. --Kelly

Old 02-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #163
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Our Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground Reservation Number is: 1-201200915 and their phone number is: (231) 436-5584, all the arrangements through Sandy. Sandy charged my credit card for the full amount $2,343 so we are ship-shape.

Everyone has been billed via private message.

In a perfect world I would like to be reimbursed within 30 days. Anyone needing more time, we can work that out. Just private message me. August can't get here soon enough!

True Yooper PASTIE Pot Luck, Streaming Summer Olympic Games, Salmon Fishing, Pulled Pork Pot Luck, Mackinac Island, Telescopes and Full Moons, Swimming, Beaches, Bike Paths, Fort Mackinac, The Grand Hotel, Big Nasty, Vineyard Tour, Historic Tunnel of Trees, Arch Rock, Horses, Private Boat Excursions to Mackinac Island, Riding Bikes, Hiking, Group Bonfires, Lighthouse Tours, Rally Tee Shirts and Stickers and so much more!

Old 02-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #164
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
How long does it take private messages to show up? Still nothing in my box.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #165
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Trenton , Illinois
Quote:
Our Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground Reservation Number is: 1-201200915 and their phone number is: (231) 436-5584, all the arrangements through Sandy.
After all the uncertainty about getting sites together, then of getting sites at all, it's such a relief to have a reservation confirmation. Thanks for making everyone's reservations. It made it easy for us and easy for the campground.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #166
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Nothing in my box, either.

Maggie
Old 02-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #167
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
Got mine and sent payment via pay pal.

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #168
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri
uh oh...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Nothing in my box, either.

Maggie
Uh oh..

Me either... Are we special?!?

Tina

PS - thank you for doing all this!!!