Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #201
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice1965 View Post
When in this rally can't find dates sure they are right in front of my eyes somewhere also is it all filled up?
Thanks
Patrice
The Actual dates are Aug 1 Weds - Aug 5 Sunday. PM tinloaf or Mellen to have them place your researvations to put you in or near the group of the rest of us.

Sarge
NRA, DAV, PGR, DRA
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #202
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice1965 View Post
Sorry I am needy today also I live in Michigan so who's group or chapter do I join need official numbers on my trailer thanks again
No group or chapter join needed unless you want to, some of us belong to the WBCCI as well as this site, some only belong to this site.
The only joining really needed is for you to attend.

Sarge
NRA, DAV, PGR, DRA
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #203
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE/AF View Post
The Actual dates are Aug 1 Weds - Aug 5 Sunday. PM tinloaf or Mellen to have them place your researvations to put you in or near the group of the rest of us.

Sarge

Thanks for stepping up, Sarge and Maggie. This is a friendly, open rally where the only limitation is whether the campground itself fills up. No numbers or clubs to join. The more the merrier!

To get a reservation near the early birds who have already signed up, please email me at Mellen60@gmail.com so I can help with getting your spot in with our group of spectacular slender silver slices of shiny sheen. Otherwise, you can ask for Sandy at the campground and go it on your own. It is wonderful to see more people interested in this rally.

I'd love to figure out a Euchre or Cribbage night!!! Any interest? Beware: I take no prisoners.

DID YOU KNOW????

2012 is the 125th ANNIVERSARY OF THE GRAND HOTEL.
This rally is going to be EPIC.

Did anyone see American Pie reunion movie? The only rally rule I am instituting is NO POOPING IN ANYONE'S COOLER.

Have a great week! Kelly

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #204
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Yep, everyone is welcome. Kelly has one or two per-reserved sites remaining and after that we'll keep taking folks until the campground fills up... and it fills up fast.

Did somebody say Cribbage?
Old 04-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #205
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
A Stop Along the Way...

...might be in order if you find yourself anywhere close to Elizabethtown, KY on Saturday July 28.

Danielle and I will be in Elizabethtown, KY to see Antsy McClain and the Trailer Park Troubadours. If you're on the way to the Exploring Under the Bridge Rally (as we are) I think you'd find it fun to see Antsy and the band.

Here's a link to the thread: Antsy in Elizabethtown, KY Sat July 29

Even if you don't have an opportunity to meet us at this informal rally you should put Antsy on your list of things to do. He's great fun for young and old alike.

Please forgive my shameless self-promotion but the Antsy rally might be on the way for some of those attending the Under the Bridge Rally.

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #206
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
London , Ontario
We have just signed up for the Rally, we have our reservtion and Sandy has a site near everyone. Looking forward to this Rally, sure sounds like a great group attending.

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour
TAC - ON-8
Gatward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #207
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
That's great. If my records are correct, you're trailer number 26.

To everyone attending, please make sure you have signed up on the rally calendar. Right now it only says 12 of you are coming. Here's the link:Airstream Forums - Exploring Under the Bridge Rally, MI
Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #208
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
2012 Interstate Coach
San Antonio , Texas
Dave and Mary-Lou - are you the folks who joined the Easter Rally in Johnson City, Texas?
rosewoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #209
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
I don't know how to play Cribbage, but I do know how to play Euchre... I'm a bit scared however at Kelly's flat out warning... :-)

Tina

By the way - what's going on with the Pasties???
Old 05-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #210
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
London , Ontario
No that wasn't us. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

TAC - ON-8
Old 05-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #211
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Saline , Michigan
Pasties wise, I'm not sure there is anything 'official' going on, but Karen and I will be making a run to Leito's to pick up a few and would be willing to bring some back for those that 'need' to feed the beast, and or anyone that just wants the experience. Let us know in advance as I can call ahead our order.

Barry & Karen in Mi.
goshawks00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #212
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshawks00 View Post
Pasties wise, I'm not sure there is anything 'official' going on, but Karen and I will be making a run to Leito's to pick up a few and would be willing to bring some back for those that 'need' to feed the beast, and or anyone that just wants the experience. Let us know in advance as I can call ahead our order.

Barry & Karen in Mi.

Oh yeah, pasties are definitely in the plans. I guess I e-mailed Kelly directly and we never posted it in the thread. We're looking into ordering pasties as the core of one of the evening dinners. Kelly will be going up to Mackinaw City sometime this month to scout out a place to order from. She'll be taste-testing and trying to work out a bulk pricing deal. Oh yeah, pasties are definitely in the plans. Mmm, pasties.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #213
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh2bcarefree View Post
I don't know how to play Cribbage, but I do know how to play Euchre... I'm a bit scared however at Kelly's flat out warning... :-)

Tina

By the way - what's going on with the Pasties???
Hi Tina!

Re: Cribbage -- My bark is worse than my bite. I truly LOVE to play cards and can never get a game going here at home on the farm. Pinochle is my number 1 favorite game, followed by Cribbage if we are talking a best of the best two player game, and Euchre if we are talking partners. I also can play a mean game of Canasta. Hoping we can get a mix of games going some nights.

I have a funny TRUE story for everyone. My son, 28, was in the barn working, fixing stuff, whatever....he wants to drive up to the house and so jumps into his jeep. He didn't see the bee. He sat on it, inflicting a direct hit to the frontal appendages. He said he jumped up, the bee fell to the floor and he stomped it hard with his work boot a minimum of 15 times with full twisting and grinding motion. I ran and got the ice but told him this time mommy is leaving you to tend to your troubles on your own. Hehehe

I'm going to check out some pastie joints next week on my way up to the U.P. for a different adventure. I called Sandy at the campground and told her I would swing by to say hi and put an eyeball on the spots we have. I'm hoping to get a good deal on a bulk order of hot yooper pasties by shopping around. Full report to follow.

I'm so so happy that the rally continues to grow. For anyone "just looking" and/or new to this thread, WELCOME. We'd love it if you join up. The more, the bigger that pot luck dinner is gonna get! MMM-mmm-MMM. Don't forget, we are going to project the Summer Olympic Games LIVE on the side of Tin Loaf's trailer and Tina and Mike are bringing their super sized scientific telescope to view the full moon at the base of the Mackinac Bridge which divides Great Lakes Huron and Michigan.

...and Euchre! Cribbage! Pinochle!

Kelly

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #214
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
London , Ontario
Is there a schedule of events posted? I see you mentioned a pot luck, what day is it?

TAC - ON-8
Old 05-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #215
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
The schedule is a work in progress. There is so much going on that it's difficult to nail down so far in advance.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #216
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
I called the camp ground and added Thur. so we will now be there Thur., Fri. & Sat. evenings.

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #217
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We were going to literally fly up there Saturday to spend one night, have decided not to do that.

Looks like this is going to be an amazing rally. Have a great time, and hope to see you for the repeat performance.

Maggie
Old 05-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #218
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshawks00 View Post

Barry & Karen in Mi.
Barry & Karen,

We would like some too! If you can, we'd like to add 2 to you order Just let me know how much to send you.

Tina
Old 05-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #219
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
The boat is out and ready for launch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boat1.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	157896   Click image for larger version