Old 01-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #141
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
This rally is going to be absolutely awesome!

Nancy Mac

Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #142
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Proper spellings: Mackinac Bridge, Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City. Proper pronunciations...all the same: spelled sometimes with a "c" but pronounced with a "w".
"Mackin-awe" bridge, city, island. Go figure.

I LOVE the telescope pictures and we are truly blessed to get a full moon during our trip.

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #143
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
"Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." --Mark Twain

(Robin Williams) Good Morning Vietnam!!!

I found out that Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground, where we are finalizing our reservations, puts on group bonfires and so I told the lady on the phone. Whatever you think is a ridiculously big bonfire, DOUBLE IT, and we're good. Have a group bonfire scheduled for 8/1,2,3,4 and a farewell fire on the 5th.

When I told them about the telescope, the lady got all excited and said she has a sweet set up spot for it right next to where we are camping! This is really coming together nicely.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #144
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
Bonfires . . .

I know someone who will be a real happy camper with the bonfires you've arranged -- right Tinloaf?!

How chilly does it get at night by the lake in August?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #145
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellen60 View Post
I found out that Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground, where we are finalizing our reservations, puts on group bonfires and so I told the lady on the phone. Whatever you think is a ridiculously big bonfire, DOUBLE IT, and we're good. Have a group bonfire scheduled for 8/1,2,3,4 and a farewell fire on the 5th.

When I told them about the telescope, the lady got all excited and said she has a sweet set up spot for it right next to where we are camping! This is really coming together nicely.
They sound like really nice folks, and happy to have us.

Maggie
Old 01-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #146
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
They sound like really nice folks, and happy to have us.

Maggie
Indeed they do! Cool video history...
MACKINAW MILL CREEK CAMPING SHOW

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #147
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmotini View Post
Glad that's settled!

We also would like a lakeside site and I'll bring my telescope too!

AWESOME!!!

Tina
Old 01-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #148
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri
Kelly and Steve,

OK - now that we're settled and working with our final campground , what are the details on paying for our campsites and who do we pay?

Are there going to be costs involved for the "rally" itself? I know there are reservations made for bonfires in the evening and Steve mentioned a pancake breakfast.

Am I worrying too far in advance (which I have a tendency to do...)?

Thanks!

Tina
Old 01-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #149
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
hey...nice talking to you guys

no offense....BUT DON't HANG THE California thing on me....really I do not know where I will be when I head towards this rally.....

but everywhere I go....there I am
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #150
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher24 View Post
no offense....BUT DON't HANG THE California thing on me....really I do not know where I will be when I head towards this rally.....

but everywhere I go....there I am
And, really, your home state is Texas!

Maggie
Old 01-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #151
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. Mark TwainWith regard to payment: I should learn later this week what our total is and if I can simply pay a deposit on each spot. I'm planning to pay for the required campground fees for everyone attending the rally and then I will private message each person with their total. This makes it much easier for the campground ladies and I would appreciate being reimbursed within 30 days. If it creates a hardship for anyone, just let me know back via private message. We can work it all out.

I did find out that another huge rally has already reserved the pavilion. I also found out the pavilion is $125 per day. My thought is they can have it, keep it, and stay in it all they like. We'll make our pancake breakfast on our own griddles. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Tina, if you would like to "chair" the sticker and tee shirt production, have at it. We love what you've put together already and I'd like to concentrate on the light house tours and winery specials that I can get for us. Feel free to quote out tee shirts, stickers, whatever you think would be fun. AND THANK YOU.

I met up today with Zlee, see thread called "First Trip" and we shared a 56 degree JANUARY day on my farm, hiking in the woods. We baked little turkey, basil, cheese pasties for lunch and she left with a dozen farm fresh eggs. I got to see her Bambino, a 19 footer, and she got to see my 16'. She's on her way to Chicago to pick up her Englishman, and together they are headed back to her home in Colorado. It was nice to meet another woman who can take the bull by the horns and drive their own rigs. She had only the BEST things to say about the CanAm trailer place in London, Ontario. She's pulling with a Jetta diesel and I saw the tow bars/kit they installed and gotta say...I'm impressed!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #152
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellen60 View Post
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. Mark Twain

With regard to payment: I should learn later this week what our total is and if I can simply pay a deposit on each spot. I'm planning to pay for the required campground fees for everyone attending the rally and then I will private message each person with their total. This makes it much easier for the campground ladies and I would appreciate being reimbursed within 30 days. If it creates a hardship for anyone, just let me know back via private message. We can work it all out.

Tina, if you would like to "chair" the sticker and tee shirt production, have at it. We love what you've put together already and I'd like to concentrate on the light house tours and winery specials that I can get for us. Feel free to quote out tee shirts, stickers, whatever you think would be fun. AND THANK YOU.

Thank you Kelly!!!

So, to all who are attending, anticipate a rally sticker or two .

I will look into t-shirts. I have a couple of leads here and will post info when I get it finalized, so everyone will have the opportunity to order one if they want. I'll let you know what they will look like and all the options (mens, womens, short sleeve, long sleeve, sizes, price and whatever else!) If someone attending has a company who does this let me know.

This is going to be more fun than... a barrel of monkeys!!!

Tina
Old 02-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #153
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri
longest trip

Since this will be our first "long" trip, we're heeding the advice of others and doing it in two days. It looks to be about 700 miles, so we are going to overnight at Indiana Dunes State Park Campground, up and back. I was able to make reservations and confirm a site today. We looked into Warren Dunes Campground in Michigan, but that place is as popular at Petosky - sites available were not as good. We looked at other campgrounds, but even though we may need to pay an out of state park fee in addition to our camping fee, the total was still less than other private campgrounds in the area. It is electric only, but we're good with that! the Federal Campground is across the highway, but I'm still not yet adventurous enough to try and go someplace without a reservation (they don't take them) especially on the end of a big trip.

I know August will be here before we know it, but I can't wait!!!!

Tina
Old 02-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #154
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We are taking a whole week to get there. No 12 hours drives for us! Kelly, how many spaces are left? Our friends are interested in coming.