Old 10-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
Elk Neck Rally - June 11 - 13, 2010

I'm thinking about putting together a rally at the Elk Neck state Park in North East, MD. I was thinking about June 11 - 13, 2010. Let me know if you'd be interested.

The park description is;

Sandy beaches, marshlands and heavily wooded bluffs comprise the peninsula formed by the North East and Elk Rivers, and the Chesapeake Bay, where this park is located. Several trails meander through the diversified topography, revealing the great variety of plant and animal life. An easy walking trail to Turkey Point Lighthouse provides a view of the Elk River and the Chesapeake Bay.

Features;

Boat launch, cabins, campfire programs, campsites, camp store, dump station, food & beverage, fishing, flatwater canoeing, hiking trails, historic interest, hook-ups, hunting, picnicking, playground, shelters, swimming, visitor center.

Two URL's to the park are;

Campground: Elk Neck State Park in North East Maryland
Elk Neck State Park

It's a really nice area down there. The last time I was there taking pictures of my 1980 Trans Am 5 deer ran out of the woods and are in the shot So let me know what you think whatever it is

Tony

Old 10-31-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
Elk Neck Rally 2010 update

This is my first rally, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Elk Neck State Park
As far as Elk Neck State Park goes, I'm going to take some time and go see the park again. I've been there taking pictures of my, and my brother's classic cars, but I haven't spent too much time there. I do like the light house, though I usually go see it from the water on my boat. I'll update this as I get more information.

In regards to what we'll do at the park as a group, I would like some input from interested members, and take it from there. Fishing, cook outs, maybe a pot luck dinner? I'll see what their requirements are about having a bon fire, but the park services wouldn't go for it a couple of years ago. But hey, it never hurts to ask right?

The costs at the Park are;

Campsite: $25/night
Campsite with electric: $30/night
Campsite with electric, water and sewer: $35/night

*I'll confirm these rates, and look in to group rates, at a later date*

Below is some information on the surrounding area;

North East - 10 miles north of the campground
The town of North East is a quaint little town. A lot has changed over the past 20 years that I've lived here, but the overall small town essence is still there. There's a lot of little shops along Main Street of every flavor to browse. The town park is small, but there's a play ground for the kids, and a lot of ducks to feed At the end of the park is a nice restaurant called The Naughty Goose. I've been there a number of times. The food is good, but the prices aren't the cheapest. They have live music there most weekends on an open deck. Another well known place is Woody's. They have good food as well, and are the closest place for good steamed Maryland Blue Crabs.

If you need some supplies along the way, there's a few places for general items. Walmart, Food Lion, ect are nearby. West Marine, Jackson's ect. have some things, but they deal mainly with boating supplies. If all else fails, within 45 minutes North or South is a couple of SOB dealers.
Town of North East, Maryland: Located in Cecil County, MD at the Head of the Chesapeake Bay

Elkton - 18 miles from the park
Elkton is a larger town where there's a variety of stores from a drive through coffee shop, to Food stores, and a Super Walmart. There's also a few auto parts stores as well. There's a larger version of the north East town park up as well. This is a more modern town, but the infamous Wedding Chapel is there
Elkton Chamber of Commerce and Alliance - Elkton, MD

Chesapeake City - approximately 23 miles from the park
Chesapeake City is a town that was split in two by the building of the C & D Canal. The north side is mainly just a residential area. The south side holds on the old world charm from the turn of the century. They will have live entertainment on some weekends, but as of right now nothing is on the calendar. Everyone I've ever taken there has liked it
The Official Chesapeake City Maryland Tourism Website

Havre De Grace - Approximately 25 miles from the park
Havre De Grace is a cross between Chesapeake city and Elkton. It has a light house, and waterfront dining, among other things. It's been years since I've been there, so I can't personally tell you much about it.
Havre de Grace Maryland in Harford County - Official City of Havre de Grace Web Site

*Both Baltimore, Md, and Philadelphia, Pa, are a little over an hour away*

Brought to you by Catman6 and his 6 's

Old 01-15-2010, 04:55 AM   #3
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I will need to check dates for I am hosting a rally the weekend before in NJ, but I am very interested. Elk Neck is just up the road a short distance from me.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
OK Streamers, here's some important information for you;

The Elk Neck campsites go fairly quickly, so you'll need to make your reservations soon or you'll miss out. There's a couple of loops;

The Chester Electric Loop has a water draw, and electric. The available sites are; 225, 226, 228, 230, 241, 243, 244, 245, 247

The North East Loop is pet friendly.The available sites are; 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 19, 20, 24, and 26. [This is the loop I'll be at with the dogs]

If you want to boon-dock, there's the Bohemia across the street. It has no services. Check out the link below, and you can get the information on these and other sites there.

I pulled the available sites for a 30' trailer. There may be more sites available if you have a smaller rig. You can check that, and make your reservations here Make a Reservation

Please let me know if you have any questions

Tony
Old 02-25-2010, 07:16 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
Here's a picture of the loops Map of Elk Neck State Park

I just reserved Lot 12 on the North East Loop. It was $70
Old 02-25-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Hi Catman; If you are holding a rally we are in. Roman L. & Margaret Kay KRUK aka "Boatdoc" and a beautiful 1973 26" Argosy. Thanks.

Note to Frank: We will be at yours as well in New Jersey if you invite us. Roman.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
The more the merrier :)

Cool! I look forward to seeing you two there!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
1974 25' Tradewind
1974 27' Overlander
Indiana , Pennsylvania
Tony...does the Northeast loop have hook-ups. How long a drive from Harrisburg? Thx!

Bob
TAC PA-5
Old 02-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
mount wolf , Pennsylvania
BOB: The northeast loop is full hook ups. We go there often. It takes 1.5 hrs from York pa pulling the trailer. We take 272 south through Lancaster and Buck. It brings you out at the intersection of rt 40 and North East.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Excella 500
1973 25' Tradewind
Cinnaminson , New Jersey
Who/Where/When is the NJ Rally
Riverton, NJ
tfbeitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
I just went through the "Old girl" and gave her a good cleaning inside. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend with some fellow "Streamers" Hopefully we'll have a good turnout. I'm going to bring some hickory chips for the grill - MMMM Burgers! LOLI hope to see y'all there
Old 05-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
Well, it's only a few weeks away, so I'd like to get an idea of who is planning on attending. I have some games, and a hike planned. I'd like to do a pot luck dinner on Saturday. We'll have the dogs with us, so anyone who wants to go hiking during the day is more than welcome. The town of North East is a short jaunt away, and there's a lot of neat little shops there. I'm planning on arriving Friday night, so if anyone is coming in then we could possibly head down to the naughty goose for live music.

Please let me know if you are planning on attending. I hope to see a few of you there!