Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #81
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
We are back. Dennis, it was a honor to give you a jump. Who knew that batteries @ 6 volts don't like to start??? I hope that your return travels were uneventful. Thanks to you and Mary for hosting this most excellent event! It was great to meet all of the new faces (which is to a ALL faces were new). The girls are just getting up from a well deserved nap. Sophia and Emma were best friends all night last night and must have ridden a good twenty times around the loop, which is quite a herculean effort on a princess with with 8" wheels.

We had a fantastic pot luck last night. I'm glad everyone loved the dutch oven chicken cacciatore, enough that there was nothing left! And who knew how SERIOUS the flamingo competition was going to be. I had never seen a flamingo with rivets before . . .

We had Blanco on the calendar for next year, no doubt about it! Thank you to all, even if I can't connect half of your names to your Avatars. I have pictures to post, hopefully soon.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #82
Jim J

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Photos are posted on the Rally Photo Page. Feel free to add your own. Also add captions.

Enjoyed meeeting all of you.

Jim & Kathy
Jim J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #83
The truth has no agenda

1970 27' Overlander
Katy , Texas
We had a WONDERFUL time in Blanco! Thanks to everyone who made us feel at home and welcome. It was our "Maiden Voyage" in the Overlander as well. It went very smoothly and the girl loved "tent camping" in the AS.

Dennis and Mary, thank you! you are awesome. You guys are making our introduction into Airstreaming one of the most wonderful times of my life. Seeing the girls having so much fun filled my heart with such joy. I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.

I hope that I can continue creating bonds of friendship with all those we met. And i apologize to those that I may not have taken time to introduce myself to. What an amazing group of people. Merry Christmas to ALL and may your Holiday be filled with Joy, Family and All the Blessing of Heaven.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #84
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance M
The Blanco rally was an outstanding time. Thanks to you all for making my wife, children and me so welcome. You all are some extraordinarily great people!

Dennis and Mary thanks so much for a wonderful time. We can't wait to get together for the next go round.

It is so refreshing to meet such a great bunch of people. I'm truly touched by your warm hospitality. We were so honored to receive the flag from the USS Arizona. It is a pleasure to serve great people like you! Merry Christmas to you all.

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Lance M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #85
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb379_2010 View Post
We were so honored to receive the flag from the USS Arizona. It is a pleasure to serve great people like you! Merry Christmas to you all.
Was this by chance a donated item from an RV dealer? I received one of these a long time ago myself.

Glad to see everyone had a good time. Only 2 days till I'm in TX for over 30 days!!!!!!

Steve
Old 12-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #86
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance M
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Was this by chance a donated item from an RV dealer? I received one of these a long time ago myself.
Yes indeed!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Lance M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #87
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Caravanner
1971 27' Overlander
2004 25' Safari
Jourdanton , Texas
This was another great effort. Thanks to Dennis, Mary, Mike. Loren and the rest of the elves that put in the extra effort each year to make this a success. This year nature cooperated with excellent weather.

It is always nice to connect forum handles to real people.

Jim
Prickly Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #88
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
My only complaint is that the time went by too fast and wish we had more time to connect more. I learned a lot of new stuff about my trailer from the pros. Thanks Dennis for hosting and all the little and the big details that happened to make it so much fun.
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #89
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim J View Post
Photos are posted on the Rally Photo Page. Feel free to add your own. Also add captions. Enjoyed meeeting all of you.
Jim & Kathy
Jim:

You really out did any of the "official" photographers that we have had in the past - hope you are ready for a permanent job!!!

If you have not yet seen the results of Jim's work check out the link to the 2010 Blanco Rally pics below:

Blanco, TX 2010 Christmas Rally - Photo Gallery=

Great job - many, many thanks.

What a great time we had - it was certainly one of the "best" Blanco rallys I can recall. Especially heartwarming for me were all of the "younger" families with kids and friends in attendance. Four of the fifteen trailers brought the two legged variety of kids along - for a total of 10 very well behaved, quite attractive, and thoroughly enjoyable youngsters.

Total attendance was 51, including the 10 younger people mentioned above.

As we were winding down and debriefing the weekend a common theme continously reoccured - what a wonderful experience it was to help the families that were there with offspring to introduce the kids to what "Airstreaming" is all about. I know that there were memories made this weekend that will stay with most all of us - especially (hopefully) with the kids that will last a lifetime.

I often worry about the demographic directions the US seems to be taking, but when I experienced all of these young families taking the time to introduce their offspring to a way of life that almost seems forgotten it DID give me hope for the future.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #90
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
1971 27' Overlander
1957 22' Caravanner
Jourdanton , Texas
Hear! Hear! About the children. Their enthusiasm, energy, and laughter makes my heart happy!

Paula
pienjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #91
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Great Job!

Thanks to our planners (Dennis & Mary) as well as the idea that Laura had in coming up with the decorated Flamingos. Prim and I had a great time, and Prim is happy to have her thong back!

Thanks to all that donated the prizes (Inland Andy and the folks with the coolers - sorry - didn't catch their names or handle on the forms). Someone please help correct me with their actual names and handle!
Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #92
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Michael and Jennifer represented Igloo for the cooler, and what a monster cooler it was! Their forum name is MJMarkhams70.

Kevin, Prim, Bandit and G, great to meet all of you and look forward to future rallys and the occasional dog walk. I hope my dogs didn't leave too much fur on Prim for Bandit to get funny about. I brushed and brushed those dogs and they still covered my trailer for head to tail in fur.

I must also mention again how EXCITED Sophia and Julia were about winning their flamingo prizes. Sophia slept with the plush bird the last two nights. Julia walks around the house with the inflatable all day long!
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #93
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
Made it home safely today. Thanks for great fun, great food and great fellowship. I had a wonderful time and look forward to seeing you all again down the road.

Kay
carnegie1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #94
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Roseann & I also had a WONDERFUL time!!! Dennis, Mary, Mike & Loren, thank you for a memorable experience!! We will be regulars, work schedules permitting. It was nice to meet all of you and put names with handles. The people we got to spend more time with, stay in touch. Those of you with projects, I would have like to spend more time with. Lance, Michael let me know how you rebuilds go, maybe we can share some ideas. To EVERYONE there, it was a fantastic experience and get together with the adults, the kids, and the dogs.

From our household to all of yours: Best wishes for a Mery Christmas & a prosperous Airstream filled year!!!
No amount of time will erase the memory of a great dog.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote