Old 10-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Last Minute Camping Spots

Just talked with the park about camping at the shelters - the person I talked to said it's OK as long as the trailer fits into a "normal" parking space - I took that to mean up to 23' or so overall - parking for the tow vehicle is available at other close by areas of the park, so...if you want to come and have a "shorter" trailer - give the shelter idea a shot.

Otherwise, the River Oak campground mentioned earlier is a good choice - their phone is (830) 833-2322.

Blanco is not all that for from Pedernales, Canyon Lake, or the Guadalupe State Parks. As stated before - walkins, SOB's, and wannabees are always welcome.

Bring a gift for the exchange and a sense of humor.

If, for some reason, you have a reservation and have to cancel at the last moment, please post on this thread, as there may be some Airstreamer wanting to pick up your spot - better to sell the spot to an Aluminum Streamer rather than have an SOB luck out.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:03 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Anyone need a site at the Blanco SP???

Just learned of a cancelization...

If you would like to pick up a reserved electric-water site for the rally please PM me.

Don't forget to gather your decoration paraphernalia for the Flamingo decorating contest...standard three dimensional plastic lawn flamingoes will be distributed...you supply whatever feathers, boas, jewelery, clothing, or other enhancements you may desire....

Again, thanks to Inland RV and a large Katy area manufacturer for donating prizes...you will be surprised at the quality of the giveaways.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Old 11-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Just to make sure I understand the Schedule

Friday night : Hosted Dinner, BYOB, Drinks, and Table Settings - Desserts always welcome.

Saturday: Open Air Market in Blanco starts at 9:00
Potluck setup at dark followed by potluck dinner

Gift Exchange time is ?

Flamingo pickup time is?

Flamingo Judging and results announcment times ?

Thanks
Old 11-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim J View Post
Just to make sure I understand the Schedule

Friday night : Hosted Dinner, BYOB, Drinks, and Table Settings - Desserts always welcome.
Yes - Friday dinner will be at 6 o'clock - this will be hot dogs and chili - nothing fancy - every one is welcome, but there will be nothing more planned for the Friday dinner - any "extras" (chips, cole slaw, dessert) will be welcome, but certainly not required. Always bring chairs and a table (if you have one) for eating.
Quote:
Saturday: Open Air Market in Blanco starts at 9:00
Potluck setup at dark followed by potluck dinner
Actually, a bit prior to dark - much easier to set up in daylight.

Quote:
Gift Exchange time is ?
Immediately following the dinner.

Quote:
Flamingo pickup time is?
As soon as you get set up your naked flamingo will be there to greet you.

Quote:
Flamingo Judging and results announcment times ?
Bring your dressed and decorated flamingo to the pot luck set up - judging will be done during dinner.

Winners of the best decorated campsites and the best Flamingos will be announced immediatly following the gift exchange.

Actually, there will be two flamingo prizes - one for participants 14 and under, and one for those presented by anyone 15 and older - proof of age will not be required for anyone over thirty.

Several prizes may be awarded for best Christmas theme decorated campsites - members of the judging team will not be eligible for any prizes.

Other prizes may be awarded.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Old 11-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
If anyone backs out of the Blanco get together...I'd like to take over their spot. Thanks,
RC
Old 11-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #34
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
Hello Y'all,
I would like to attend this great little get together with my family. If anyone has to cancel, please let me know. If I can't get a spot at the park, we'll just have to go to one of the alternate campgrounds. Looking forward to a great time. This will be the first event we will be attending with Abby. Can't wait!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:33 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 25' Tradewind
Houston , Texas
You newbies to these events should know that some people take these decorating challenges seriously. At the Vintage rally in Conroe last year Dennis was serving up mini burgers and Root Beer Floats and had the whole 50s diner thing going. So be prepared. Also the White Elephant gift exchange usually has some very coveted gifts in the mix.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Boerne, TX / , Evergreen, CO
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia Send a message via Skype™ to Westfalia
We are still a go for arrival on Friday of the event, hopefully sometime in the late afternoon. We'll bring our decorations, but I'm not sure if we'll meet Clark Grizwald standards, and I promise no trans-siberian orchestra level light shows will occur. If I haven't said it yet, my wife and I are in our 30's. We have two girls, 2 3/4 and 4 1/2, that will be joining us along with our two siberian huskies. We are looking forward to meeting everyone. The girls are especially looking forward to decorating their flamingo!
Old 11-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #37
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Still upset that I won't be in town for this even if just to come up for the day. Heading to San Antonio for the next 10 days starting tomorrow, and then 14 Dec-17 Jan. Anything else going on over that time period?

Steve
Old 11-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Boerne, TX / , Evergreen, CO
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia Send a message via Skype™ to Westfalia
Steve, I was hoping that you were going to be around then too. Nov 26 is Dickens on Main in Boerne. Should be some good family fun. I'll be there with my family that night.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 25' Tradewind
Houston , Texas
Steve if you wind up in Houston, we got a bed for you.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
Silsbee , Texas
Reservations made...keeping fingers crossed that nothing comes up...can't wait to meet everyone.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 25' Tradewind
Houston , Texas
Last year we took a trip over to Johnson City Sat. night after dinner festivities to see the lights there and attended an out door living nativity at a local church. Will probably do so this year so anybody interested in going let us know. It's a short drive but worth it. Got back to camp for some good coffee and fire side conversations.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenLora View Post
Alright you crafty Airstreamers. We (Mary, Lora & Deb) will be providing every camping space a Pink Plastic Lawn Flamingo, our responsibilty ends there ...Until the JUDGING! Bring your glue guns, your imaginations and your gaudy embellishments for a Pink Flamingo Christmas Decorating Contest!!!!! Prizes awarded at the pot luck supper Saturday night.
Also we have a huge (I mean huge) grand prize for the site with the best Christmas decorations!!!!!
Come on and join in the fun.
Below is a "standard" pink flamingo decorated circa December, 2003.

Trust me, a pathetic set of antlers held in place with electrical tape will NOT win this years contest....I suspect pink feathers, boas, sequins, rhinestones, glitter, beads, and other superfluities will be required to win a prize in 2010.

Standard pink flamingos will be provided (yours to keep and treasure). The kids will have their own flamingo to decorate and will be judged in a category separate from the adult submitals.

The judges have warned that they expect some very high standards.

A healthy dose of imagination will help all pre-purchase the required appurtenances for a winning endeavor.

Rumor has it that the judges may be swayed by attention (sucking up) and adult beverages.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737