Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #141
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Hi DanB, nice map.

We are on B027. Hope there is a connector path from my site to the main area
or we may be drinking errr I mean rallying by ourselves. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 02-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #142
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Biloxi , Mississippi
Hey all,

Ran into a slight show stopper for me. After getting the last bit of belly skin of my A/S, I discovered a fatigue crack in my frame just aft of my front axle

I seem to keep running into problems that are setting me back and I'm thinking now I definitely won't be ready for April. Maybe a miracle can happen, but it's not looking too good. I'm going to get my welder buddy over to take a look and see what I can do about the crack and to also help me in getting new outriggers put on.

I don't want to do a *iss poor job at fixing my trailer and want to do it right, so that's where I stand as of today.

I'm still looking at coming up for the rally, but may have to pitch a tent and spay paint it gray to fit in . I'd also consider opening up my reservation to someone else if there's tent spots available here. I'll take a look and see!

'75 31ft Airstream Sovereign

Come check out my restoration progress:
https://crazycorpsman-silverbullet.blogspot.com/
Old 02-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #143
2 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Spring Hill , Tennessee
Hi Folks, for those of you who know the campground, we have a 20' (6.0 Meter) Argosy Minuet. Do you think it will fit in B007? The campground lists that site for 18'
Old 02-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #144
2 Rivet Member

2008 23' International CCD
Nashville , Tennessee
Seems like you would fit but if your unsure you could always ask CrzyCorspman he posted earlier his trailer would'nt be road worthy and was willing to give up his site and opt for a tent site
Old 02-22-2009, 08:04 AM   #145
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
Its snowing here with about 4 inches, If there are any campsite questions I will take a pencil and paper ,check/measure or what ever the need is ,and report back, I will ride to the campground in a few days after the snow melts, its a 15 min ride, so have all the questions ready !!!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #146
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I talked to a campground rep the other day. Really don't know who he was, but he picked up the phone!

Basicall, he said that "they would work with us." Kinda gave the impression that we might have the run of the place.

Makes me wonder if we couldn't squeeze in a couple of extra trailers on the big lots. Obviously not easy or ideal, but I would hate to see anyone closed out.

Flowers better be in bloom, or I'm gonna be pissed!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #147
3 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 26
1973 Argosy 26
Fairmont , West Virginia
I am schduled to stay on B006 and its only a 18ft site! I am going to put my 26ft on there if I have to tie it from a tree!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:57 AM   #148
3 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 26
1973 Argosy 26
Fairmont , West Virginia
Don't let the frame slow you down! I have been working 8hrs a day since jan 1 getting my 26fter ready and I thought I was almost ready and I have to put all new plumbing in front to back side to side! I have had a few slow downs but lots of fun!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #149
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Louisville , Kentucky
first rally.....just booked site B007.....can't wait
Plan to arrive Friday.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #150
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Biloxi , Mississippi
Well, went out and bought a mig welder today, among the air compressor, air tools and various other tools. Being that the days are getting longer down here in the south, I'm still going to work feverishly to try and get this sucker on the road. I've got a few steelworker friends down here with the Seabee's and going to ask them to give me some training on how to weld.

I've found that I really enjoy using my die grinder Was cutting all kind of things up today...ok, so it was just all of the old floor bolts, but the sparks were flying

I'll keep you all posted!!

'75 31ft Airstream Sovereign

Come check out my restoration progress:
https://crazycorpsman-silverbullet.blogspot.com/
Old 02-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #151
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Well, it looks like we are going to have a full house!!! At the moment we have over 50 people signed up and I know there is still a great deal of interest out there. Some are having to go out side the loop, which is fine. I don't think the campground is so large that there will be any issues of seperation and I hope we have even more to sign up so we can fill the entire campground! I have never been so anxious for Spring!

*crzycorpsman we hope you get your trailer fixed and ready for the Rally!

63silver
Old 02-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #152
3 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 26
1973 Argosy 26
Fairmont , West Virginia
Well I have just finished all the plumbing except the connection to the tolit! (lowes is closed and need a fitting) I have put in all new pex tubing with a combination of brass and plastic fittings. Shut Off valves under both sinks and on the hot water heater. I hope and pray we have no leaks. And I found 2 pinched off wires on my pwr converter! I think they work some of things that I already ran new tooo... any whoooo. Our First trip is in 2 weeks and I am pushing hard to have her ready and like new!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #153
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Richmond , Kentucky
Just checking in - we are amazed so many folks are coming. We had no idea there would so much interest!

This rally was originally intended to be a "do your own thing" - "Pay as you go" type of event. I hope it stays that way. That said, it might be nice for us to have some opportunities to mix, enjoy the area, and match up faces to monikers.

I have put together a suggest itinerary of events. Really everything is up for grabs and nothing is set. I just think we need to begin somewhere and now its the time.

Look at:

DOGWOODS & BLUEGRASS SCHEDULE

and please tell me if this is too anal retentive (meaning we should have no agenda what-so-ever) or, some of you experienced rallyers may have a better idea. Some things, like the flower walk, is guided by one of the park rangers and he would have to be compensated. Some things, like a unit tour, will, of course, be free.

We can go as expensive or as cheap as you please - we can hire a round the clock tour guide or sit in our units and vegg out - again - now is the time to chime in!

Ill update the calendar as needed.

--------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #154
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
How about this for an alternative schedule?

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	schedule.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	75886  

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Old 02-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #155
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Richmond , Kentucky
Looks good but you DO have to schedule some time to go to the bathroom....

--------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #156
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Your schedule actually looks preaty good! I'd be up for either a guided hike or on my own before lunch Saturday.

With this many units, Saturday night dinner probably needs a little organization. Heck, I'll eat anything, but probably want to avoid 20 fruit salads! I'm actually kinda new at the rally thing, maybe this is a non-issue.

Let me throw another idea out.....

My family just invested in a Nikon D90, (I spent almost as much on the camera as my trailer ). I'm planning on taking a ton of photos!

Would anybody care to participate in a casual digital photo contest? I can bring down my projector & screen. I can collect all the images at dinner and have them run till bedtime. I'll collect votes and provide prizes during breakfast.

Since I mentioned breakfast, Dave & Rhonda really put on a great breakfast at our last rally........
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #157
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Amy and I host several rallies each yea so Just adding my own thoughts here. . We traditionally have had a potluck on Friday night, and trailer tours on Saturday. We have had some Cook-offs, and it is held in the evening of the last night. Our rallies are only Fri-Sat so the addition of Thursday makes it a little more difficult.

We are staying at Alumatube's on Thursday, and aren't scheduled to hit the rally till Friday, but it will be early enough a potluck is a good plan. If most everyone will be there by Friday night, I think a potluck is the way to go Friday night.

As for the cook-off, you need to decide what it will be, and figure out if enough people will participate in that. In our cook-offs, most people bring the left overs from the potluck to dinner.

Other than the evening events of Fri and Saturday, we look to do some fishing (If warm enough), and spending time with friends.

Steve
Old 02-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #158
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
1968 22' Safari
Clarksville , Indiana
Hey y'all
Been following this proposed rally since it was first mentioned, and wow, what a wonderful idea. I've never attended a rally and this will be our first. Looking forward to meeting other alum freaks. We are from Southern Indiana, right across the river from Louisville and have decided to explore the parks of Kentuck, so what a marvelous time to start.

Looking forward to meeting you all.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #159
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
The way we have done it up here in the great white north is normally Friday night (arrivals) weenies and beenies followed by cocktails
Saturday afternoon is open house accompanied by cocktails
Saturday night is pot-luck follwed by campire and...you guessed it Cocktails
Sunday asprin, breakfast, breakcamp.

Just a thought, I wasn't trying to impose the northern way of thinking on anybody.

Yes, I am still working on it.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #160
3 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 26
1973 Argosy 26
Fairmont , West Virginia
I have finished riping the bathroom out to replace to floor and repair the rear frame! Look at the pics! march the 13 is coming too fast ! I will be in DC from March 2 April then With you all! Hopefully!
Closed Thread