Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #401
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Know when to say when

I went back to the bar and noticed a bottle of Kahlua and bottle of Cask and Cream looking back at me. I may have to start drinking coffee at this rally. They went into the trailer along with the others.

Steve's drink shack is too common sounding. Since we're in a dry county how about the Soldiermedic Speakeasy.

Steve
Old 04-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #402
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Hey Steve, what's the secret knock so we can get in? Or is there a password we should know?!~
Old 04-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #403
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Password is "RECIPE" but dont tell everyone Rhonda...
Old 04-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #404
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Trying to beat the creeping crud. Combating it with home remedies and sleep. We should still be there. Two days should do the trick.

Even if I'm not up to snuff, hubby will definitely join in the action. He's immune to everything. Must be those dang gas station sandwiches he eats. I figure if they drop the germ bomb he'll be okay. Lately he's been snarfing up those chicken salad and bologna sandwiches from BP and Shell.

Airedale, I have a present for you! You know what it is. The box is at the door, ready to go out.

We'll head down to the kids' farm tomorrow to get the trella ready, and then drive on up from there on Friday morning.

Be there or be square (or an SOB)...LOL!
/Lois
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
Old 04-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #405
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Now y'all know this is bourbon country don't ya?

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 04-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #406
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
In Lexington there is a brewery that makes Bourbon Barrel Beer, it's the best of both worlds. Honestly, it is really good beer with just a hint of bourbon. The beer is processed using old bourbon barrels from the distilleries there in the bluegrass area. Good stuff but a little pricey and strong. See you tomorrow afternoon!

63silver
Old 04-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #407
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
We're loaded up and ready to make our Start time. Looks like we'll pull into our courtesy park in Richmond in the late hours, but Susan won't mind.

I loaded two bottles of Bailey's Irish Cream for the Coffee drinkers, a bottle of Jim Beam Black, and bottle of tequila. Free of charge when you stop by Steve's drink shack.

Steve
Looks like I might be hangin with Steve alot!

Yes, I am still working on it.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:53 AM   #408
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Late nights and early mornings. Hope we can be there in time for evening dinner. Sugarfoot, if you get a chance, notify the lodge with an approximate number of people for dinner. Thanks
visit my restoration blog at:
Old 04-16-2009, 06:17 AM   #409
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Silver View Post
In Lexington there is a brewery that makes Bourbon Barrel Beer, it's the best of both worlds. Honestly, it is really good beer with just a hint of bourbon. The beer is processed using old bourbon barrels from the distilleries there in the bluegrass area. Good stuff but a little pricey and strong. See you tomorrow afternoon!

63silver
In Lexington there is also KILLER ICE CREAM (Graeter's)... if you find yourself near a location, I highly recommend a visit. It's the best dang ice cream I've ever had!
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
Old 04-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #410
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
I've talked to the restaurant about between 10-20 of us eating dinner. Their last seating for dinner is 8PM tonight, first come first served. I told them we will probably be after 6:30 since so many of us will be coming into the campground late. They plan to have a buffet available as well as dishes off the menu. They sound flexible, so the more the merrier.

Digger was my BFF yesterday. Steve, today you are my new BFF! I know the secret word.

As of an hour ago, we have myself, Tsunami, BigAl, Digger Bear, Loudruff, Shermantic, and Crzycorpsman in his lovely tent. The man is driven! We're already livin' the dream in (dry) Powell county. Y'all come on down.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #411
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Saliva flowing, coffee pouring, Bailey's stirring

Quote:
We're loaded up and ready to make our Start time. Looks like we'll pull into our courtesy park in Richmond in the late hours, but Susan won't mind.

I loaded two bottles of Bailey's Irish Cream for the Coffee drinkers, a bottle of Jim Beam Black, and bottle of tequila. Free of charge when you stop by Steve's drink shack.

Steve
Steve,

Have a double shot of coffee for me.

Pee Wee
Old 04-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #412
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey All,

We pulled into Alumatube's driveway around 1:30 AM Local time. Boy that was a long trip. The donkey back in the barn gave us a loud and warm HEE-HAW when we got out of the truck.

This morning I went out to their lake to get some fishing in, but with so many logs I got snagged too much. On our way back to the Airstream, our fearless Boston Terrier decided to venture into the pasture where Susan's mule was 200 yards away. I yelled for he to get out, but she wouldn't listen. The mule charged and stomped here right on her back. Poor Paige has never made a yelp that loud. The mule was not wearing shoes, and the mud likely softened the blow by letting her sink. I took her back and sprayed her off. Hopefully she will learn to listen, and head warnings from us.

Anyhow....the Speakeasy on wheels should be arriving in the early afternoon. Were camping in Spot 21 tonight, and then will move to 003 tomorrow.

See ya'll later.

Steve
Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #413
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
Steve,

Have a double shot of coffee for me.

Pee Wee
Mr. Wee,

Surely I will accommodate your request, but I'll have to eyeball it without my shot glasses.

Steve
Old 04-16-2009, 09:14 AM   #414
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Who needs a shot glass

Quote:
Mr. Wee,

Surely I will accommodate your request, but I'll have to eyeball it without my shot glasses.

Steve
Steve,

Fill it up, forget the coffee.

Mr. Wee
Old 04-16-2009, 09:14 AM   #415
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Glad all is well Steve and the dog learned a good lesson. Travel safe my friend and have one for me..
Old 04-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #416
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Roger that.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #417
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Just got the word..All 3 of my daughters made it safe to the CG...
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #418
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Sounds like the beginnings of a really fun rally,,, hi to all,,, sorry i could not make it,, a bit far,, happy trails,,, donna
Old 04-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #419
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Airboss, the rents said everyone has been complaining about cell service because coverage is spotty. They have Verizon and haven't had a problem so far getting in touch with me or with sending or receiving text messages. Loudruff says they did a great job setting up, then scampered off to dinner at the lodge before making it back for the campfire.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #420
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Wonder how loudruff got the word?? They there too? I think drag n wagon has Verizon so I can stay in touch with him. Thanks alot,,,
Closed Thread