Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
mt. olive , North Carolina
Question Different kind of rally?

my wife, and i are new to this, but we have a question for all, she had a dream, last night, that consisted of an rv park full of airstreams, with all the streamers having a swap meet, or yard sale at each, or most of the whole park. some selling new & used items, others selling local food to their territories, and of course, the guys selling their new, or used airstream parts, or gadgets that may be around. she even went as far as to tell me that i had made some previous arrangements with a few fellow campers, and delivered parts that we were trading for.

we both thought that the idea was pretty cool, so i told her i would post it here.

any thoughts?
lookin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:51 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Anything is possible! Sounds a lot like what Mrs. S and I are heading out to do Thursday in Canton, Texas. On the first weekend of every month they have a 100+ acre flea market type sell. Theres literally something for everyone! No matter what type of hobby you have someone is selling something that would intrest you. And prices are good. Then they have loads of booths set up selling foods and snacks. Some are really creative. We really enjoy going. Sometimes I think it would be a great spot for a rally.
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
my wife have some relatives in la. that tell us that they go to one in texas somewhere, that's a big one. we come from a long line of "junkers", and scattered everywhere. my shop,(3200sq ft), is a storage building for our junk. i get about 800sq ft of it. but ya know, you gotta love it. we only been junkin for about 20 yrs, but we're workin on it. the latest edition to our collection is my collecting airstreams, and avions.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:35 AM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Thoughts? Find a spot that is tolerant of these things, see if you can get a "deal" on sites, pick a date, and announce the rally. You could call it the Spring Junk and swap rally" or something like that. 3-4 days would be good, start Thursday, go home Sunday. Swap meet Saturday.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:41 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Check out the link at the bottom of the page under ” upcoming rallies”.
Title is Flea Market/Swap meet rendezvous”. Better pack quickly though, starts in a couple days....

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
if the information listed on the calender is correct, the event has been canceled, due to hurricane Irene, but you can camp there that weekend if you want. it still would have been to quick to attend, but that shows that any idea is possible
Old 11-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #7

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith84 View Post
Anything is possible! Sounds a lot like what Mrs. S and I are heading out to do Thursday in Canton, Texas. On the first weekend of every month they have a 100+ acre flea market type sell. Theres literally something for everyone! No matter what type of hobby you have someone is selling something that would intrest you. And prices are good. Then they have loads of booths set up selling foods and snacks. Some are really creative. We really enjoy going. Sometimes I think it would be a great spot for a rally.
This is definitely the right time of year to go to Canton for First Monday Trade Days. While it is generally on the first weekend of the month, it's technically on the weekend before the first Monday of the month because that Monday was the day the circuit judge would be in town so there was a lot more action in Canton then. Now 99% of the action in Canton is Trade Days itself!

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
You are Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
This is definitely the right time of year to go to Canton for First Monday Trade Days. While it is generally on the first weekend of the month, it's technically on the weekend before the first Monday of the month because that Monday was the day the circuit judge would be in town so there was a lot more action in Canton then. Now 99% of the action in Canton is Trade Days itself!

Yea you are correct, I was just being lazy and didnt put that much effort into explaining the whole Monday thing.

Mrs. S family has been doing the Canton thing for years, I wouldnt ever take intrest in it becasue Im not a big shopper. But we went eariler in the year and I LOVED it. There really is something for everyone. And the food at the different booths is really good! Were heading up Thursday to hit some Xmas shopping. Cant wait!

One mans junk is another mans treasure!
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote