Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #221
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Wow....that was great!

Hope this link works Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Everything was the best from Franks awsome breakfasts to Happy Hour with Dave and Jane at their VIP camper! Don's Jumbalaya was out of this world...mmmmmm. It was fun putting faces to forum names. Thanks go out to the anonymous donor of the breakfast goodies! Looking forward to dancing our shoes off again next year!
NEU
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #222
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Airstream Fessheads unite! It was fun meeting y'all this past weekend. I am sorry I was not able to be more involved with the Rally. Hopefully next year I am in a position to hire a staff and just sit back and party with y'all...yeah right.

Happy Hour on Sat was the weekend highlight for me. Thanks for showing up and hanging in the back stage area with us! Many thanks to Don for supplying the Hurricane party ball? It was the real deal -- yeah yo right!

These weekends come and go too fast. Hope our paths cross again this summer.

--Dave
Old 06-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #223
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post
Airstream Fessheads unite! It was fun meeting y'all this past weekend. I am sorry I was not able to be more involved with the Rally. Hopefully next year I am in a position to hire a staff and just sit back and party with y'all...yeah right.

Happy Hour on Sat was the weekend highlight for me. Thanks for showing up and hanging in the back stage area with us! Many thanks to Don for supplying the Hurricane party ball? It was the real deal -- yeah yo right!

These weekends come and go too fast. Hope our paths cross again this summer.

--Dave
Thank you so much for the back stage passes. We enjoyed meeting you and Jane. We had a great time and look forward to seeing you both again.

New England Unit....in Fun, Fellowship and Adventure.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #224
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Finally Caught Up

Well I see that with the problems the forum administrators have been having that some of your posts and pictures have been lost. Such is life in the high tech world of I.T. I hope I did not miss any posts before they were lost.

I finally got caught up on all my household chores and booted up the old computer for the first time since we left on Thursday for the rally. I am now getting caught up on e-mails and forum readings. I have my two Pine Leaf Boys CDs rocking the house trying to recapture some of the fun and fellowship we experienced over the weekend.

We were enjoying ourselves so much over the weekend that we plum forgot to take any pictures so all we have is one picture of me eating a crawfish taken with my wife's cell phone.

We really enjoyed getting meet each and every one of you and hope to see you all really soon. Just think, it's less than a year until Crawfish Fest 2010...Frank and Don, is it too early to start a thread for it???????

As Don so succinctly puts it...

Laissez bon temps roulez!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0529091848.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	81360  
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #225
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduroryda View Post
Wow....that was great!

Hope this link works Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Everything was the best from Franks awsome breakfasts to Happy Hour with Dave and Jane at their VIP camper! Don's Jumbalaya was out of this world...mmmmmm. It was fun putting faces to forum names. Thanks go out to the anonymous donor of the breakfast goodies! Looking forward to dancing our shoes off again next year!
Great pictures! I'm hoping Leon and I can attend next year.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:02 AM   #226
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Man, all the banter leading up to the rally and the fun of being there.... I am depressed. Guess it is time to plan for next year.

How does everyone feel about a huge cook out dinner each night. A potluck of sorts, just a little planned out so we cover all the bases.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:14 AM   #227
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Man, all the banter leading up to the rally and the fun of being there.... I am depressed. Guess it is time to plan for next year.

How does everyone feel about a huge cook out dinner each night. A potluck of sorts, just a little planned out so we cover all the bases.
Frank,
That sounds like a plan to me. I guess we can't do it Friday because that is the night for all the free gumbo and crawfish. So maybe Saturday evening?

I am already looking forward to the ninja infiltration of the fairgrounds late Thursday evening. Hopefully we will have better traveling weather next year.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 06-12-2009, 05:56 AM   #228
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
I'm in.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:59 AM   #229
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
huh. Reviewing this thread, many of the photos are gone. Mine were just bloody shots of Rocky and Fang's head banging. No need to see that again.

Except for this one:

Even after blood, wired teeth, stitches, ER, Dentists, ice, and swelling they still found time to hang together.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:14 AM   #230
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofball View Post
huh. Reviewing this thread, many of the photos are gone. Mine were just bloody shots of Rocky and Fang's head banging. No need to see that again.

Except for this one:

Even after blood, wired teeth, stitches, ER, Dentists, ice, and swelling they still found time to hang together.
Skip,
Great picture. What's a little blood and loose teeth among buddies? Those are the kinds of buddies you want...The ones that will count you among their friends...even after you have inflicted bodily harm on them.

But just to be safe...Next year, let's keep them separated...at least until they get through the gates.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 06-12-2009, 08:37 AM   #231
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Count us in...

Frank, count us in. We were so happy with the event and had no preconceived notions about what to expect. Breakfast was wonderful and a great treat. A dinner would be awesome.

Chuck just made Jambalaya this week and we reminisced about the festival. Don has the top spot for 'best jambalaya' though. I think we are going to work on some other dishes to perfect so that we can contribute. I have Emeril's cookbook out on the countertop now.

Music was fantastic. Loved just milling around and listening to whichever band we wanted. Great Airstream people and lots of friendship. Awesome.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #232
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
I'm not crazy about the idea.

I guess I need to hear more.

I just went back and looked at the schedule. http://www.crawfishfest.com/shedule.htm I really want to be where the music is playing on Friday and Saturday night. IHMO, breakfast potlucks may be the right way to go for this kind of gathering.

Next year I am planning on staying until Monday morning. (It won't be hard to talk Donal ["Fang"] into missing school Friday and Monday. Convincing Amanda is whole 'nother kettle of crawfish however.) I think others were talking about doing the same thing.

Leaving on that beautiful Sunday afternoon with the music still playing caused significant depression in the mistral blue camp. That, and all of the traffic we encountered on the way home made for a very long day. I am therefore strongly encouraging people to stay the extra night with us. By doing this, Sunday night becomes a nice opportunity to have a big potluck sendoff dinner.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?
Old 06-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #233
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
Next year I am planning on staying until Monday morning. (It won't be hard to talk Donal ["Fang"] into missing school Friday and Monday. Convincing Amanda is whole 'nother kettle of crawfish however.) I think others were talking about doing the same thing.
Don,
We're already on board for taking Friday AND Monday off. As for Fang, just tell Amanda it's an educational trip. Where else can you learn about emergency dental procedures and subcutaneous stitches?.

If enough people take off and stay Sunday into Monday we could have a big Sunday evening send off after the last band finishes, which was 7:00 PM this year.

As an aside, some of our S.O.B. camping friends have showed and interest in joining us in 2010. Bringing more campers into the Crawfish Fold as it were.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 06-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #234
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
We are in no matter what. Hoping to extend the weekend on both ends. I thought everything was perfect except I thought the vendors food was a little disappointing. Next year I'll be better prepared for the Saturday dinner thing or whatever we plan.
That weekend felt like the beginning and end of the summer all rolled into one....I was so pumped up...I know where your coming from Frank. Hated leaving early Sunday but we were able to see our son Ben off to a senior prom that night...it was worth the hustle home...we'll make up for that little bit of lost time next year!

p.s. love the pic of the fellas above..buds 4 life
NEU
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #235
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
I wish to stay until monday also. I really wanted to stay for the Radiators and was considering leaving after that, but Rocky was swelling up so much we decided to get him in the truck on ice and resting asap.

You make a good point, Blu about the music. I missed a bunch while cooking. I will prepare better for next year.

SO if we do all stay until Monday we could plan the cook out for Sunday.

What I'm trying to say is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofball View Post
I'm in either way
Old 06-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #236
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
okay, I am totally sold on staying thru monday next year. I also would like to be your host again. Hope you all let me.

I am a guy to try and make everyone happy, so I have a solution for Mistral Blue blues.... we have a later dinner. The music is over so early that we still can do it without keeping anyone up too late. Friday is taken care of by the event. We can do it Saturday and Sunday. All we need to do is prepare a bit in advance and it will be a cake walk. I will make everyone breakfast Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning.

I also want to compliment everyone on a great happy hour... 1-6 with so many multi course snacks. I think a new bench mark in happy hour was set. Thank you all for your participation.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #237
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Let you? I believe we would all be quite disappointed if you didn't. The bestest host ever. I only wish I could've helped more. And want to do much more next year.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:55 AM   #238
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
Hey guys!!

Ready for next year.

We are open to whatever everybody wants.

So... Here is my vote -- we loved the 5 hour happy hour on Friday and think this is a good idea.

I also think that the idea of a potluck on Satursay sounds good and Sunday sounds GREAT. I hope that everybody plans on staying until Monday.

Of course the breakfast was awesome --

Thanks Frank for getting thinking about next year already.

2013 27 FB Classic Limited
2019 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.7L Diesel
WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
tkowalyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #239
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
June 4-6, 2010

We're penciling the weekend in already!

We'll arrive as early as we can and stay through Monday.

I was going through the www.roadfood.com website and found my way to a listing for cajun foods. Interesting website for cajun foods, mail order and cookbooks;

Savoie's Real Cajun Food Products and Ready Prepared Meals

Crawfish | Gourmet Turducken | Cajun Food | Boudin and Gumbo

Old 06-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #240
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
My wife and I have hosted a few Crayfish events and found the products at Zatarain's - A New Orleans Tradition Since 1889 to be very good. They have some great recipes as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00379.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	82301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image056.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	82303  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513