Old 05-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #141
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduroryda View Post
I'm thinking this is going to be the highlight of the summer..I'm really getting excited for this. My Eric Lindell CD that I purchased off Ebay just came in today. It's great stuff. Last week I had a nightmare that I was at the Crawfish and couldn't find my way to the stage. It was a maze of people and buildings that just wouldn't end......hope that preminition doesn't come true..or the predetermination of it (had to be there for that one)..lol.
My wife even told me she was getting excited / looking forward to this rally so watch out. I also expaded my CD collection with the addition of two Allen Toussaint albums, The Allen Toussaint Collection and The Bright Mississippi.

18 days and counting...

TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #142
Certifiable

. , .
Talking A Late Night Seminar? Fair Warning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduroryda View Post
...or the predetermination of it.
A lively predetermination/free will discussion may break out after the consumption of far too many adult beverages -- but only if you can handle the truth!
You can choose to be there and participate or prehaps you'll decide instead to commune silently with the big watchmaker in the sky.
If you happen to come down with a case of swine flu the next morning, we promise we'll all try to understand.

Here's the latest communication from Michael Arnone:

Hi Y’all
The weather is finally nice and I am here in NJ
We are now counting down till the CFF
Just a few updates:
Camp Madisonville is sold out. There is no more room for the big RV’s
We still have plenty of room for camping in the rough in Camp Baton Rouge.
All other tickets are now on sale on line.
The Box office for Advance Tickets will open May 19th Tuesday-Friday each week until the CFF. Look for the signs to the grey admin building at the fairgrounds. Cash or checks only please. There is a small transaction fee on each advance ticket order, not per ticket.
You can download a printable schedule here http://www.crawfishfest.com/Printabl...edule%2009.pdf
Our new commercial is now running on News 12 New Jersey. YouTube - Michael Arnone's 20th Annual Crawfish Fest
Check It out
See ya soon
Michael

Old 05-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #143
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Ok, guys I really thought that this might be a BS Crawfish festival but after seeing the music lineup it is real New Orleans artist and some of my favorites many just played at the Jazz Fest. Here is a link to Bonerama check out the streaming and free cut they have on their site. Best played loud.

Bonerama

This is a plug for my sons high school Jazz band I filmed them performing I Saw Her Standing There. This school was flooded out from Katrina, we are back. Be sure HD is on and go full screen.

Jesuit Jazz Band Performing I Saw Her Standing There @ Bazaar 2009 on Vimeo
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:27 AM   #144
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Thank you for that Jim, but I do not see you signed up .... The Camp Madisonville is FULL, so no more chances of getting any more trailers. If the "maybes" are "yes", and the one other not on the forums comes, we will be thirteen. Last year Camp Madisonville was not full. I suggest folks not come too late in the day on friday if we want to camp together. The camping director has been contacted and I think they are going to work with us so we can be together. Mistral Blue and I will be there very early in the morning before the gates open to stake out our claim. Please try and be there for Happy Hour, we are toasting Wally Byam. If you are supposed to work that Friday and was planning to leave after lunch or at the end of the day, well here are some excuses(besides the obvious one the truth):

..."I am so sorry, I cannot come to work today. A squirrel chewed through the brake lines on my car"

..." I am so sorry, I cannot come to work today. I have Jury duty" (some employers will pay you the day off)

..."I am so sorry, I cannot come to work today. My house is being fumigated for Africanized bees and I need to be there to show them where the nest is"

... "I am so sorry, I cannot come to work today. The Publishers Clearing House people are coming to bring me my giant check."

... "I am so sorry, I cannot come to work today. I have the telephone company coming sometime between 8 and 12. The cable guy is coming sometime between 12 and 5."

... " I am so sorry, I cannot come to work today. My wife wanted to be exotic last night and we went to that new Bangladeshi restaurant.... my system is just not use to all those spices and you know what I mean...."

...." I am so sorry, I cannot come to work today. I poured some cereal and one of my corn flakes had the Virgin Mary's image on it. I have to wait for the Vatican to send over a representative to witness it. I hope to be in by lunch, but cannot promise."

Bottom line... be there. Everyone needs a vacation and this will be yours.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:14 AM   #145
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
I so wish I could be there. I did retire but went back to work as kid in High School can make you do. It is so great that New Jersey has a Crawfish Festival, who knew. It is now on my list of things to do.

My wife and I have watched Marcia Ball perform at Jazz Fest for years when she really gets going on the keyboard she kicks her leg out constantly, you guys have fun and post some pictures.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:41 AM   #146
2 Rivet Member

1955 16' Bubble
Bradford , New Hampshire
If you want to listen to some great music before the Fest, there's a terrific radio program out of Minneapolis that plays Cajun, Creole, Zydeco, Swamp Pop, etc etc - "Louisiana Rhythms". You can stream it live on Friday mornings from 9 to 11 CDT at www.kfai.org , or listen whenever you want - the site archives programs for two weeks. It's a great community radio station, all the DJ's are volunteers and there's something for every taste in music. (My favorite show is "Bop Street" on Mondays, and not only because the host Pete Lee is my brother-in-law.....)

Deborah
Old 05-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #147
Certifiable

. , .
Jim,
That might be my favorite video of the thread.
Next year you, your wife, and your son need to be here to show us how its really done.

Frank,
This is all I have to say to my boss:

CRAWFISH FEST!!!

(He gets it and I consider myself very lucky.)
Old 05-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #148
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Looking at the schedule one wonders if one should be prepared to drink Jagermeister at the Jager Pavillion.

or it could just be me.

btw: I'm "friends" (FaceBook) with Ron Albanese and checked out the site of his band "Polka Dot". They'll be on the Kid's Stage. He seems like a nice guy and I might venture over there on occasion.
biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #149
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofball View Post
Looking at the schedule one wonders if one should be prepared to drink Jagermeister at the Jager Pavillion.

or it could just be me.

btw: I'm "friends" (FaceBook) with Ron Albanese and checked out the site of his band "Polka Dot". They'll be on the Kid's Stage. He seems like a nice guy and I might venture over there on occasion.
Boy and the boy will be at the Kid's Stage at least once a day getting their faces painted, I'm sure. (See post #6)
Baseball glove, hacky sack and a frisbee are now standard issue in the boy's backpack.
Cajun dancin lessons with mama was a real hoot last year and exchanging beads for good behavior is highly advisable.

Jager and I have not been on speaking terms for over 20 years.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #150
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Sorry Skip, Jager is not Wally's cocktail choice....

We just got great news... Kidless for the entire weekend. Momma and Pappa are gonna dance and have a good time...
Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #151
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Crawfish Fest Is Almost Upon Us

10 days and a wake up...and it's CRAWFISH FEST!!
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #152
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
I was with my friend Saturday night and I am even more excited to go than I was before.

I got my fridge installed enough for a trip. Now I need to hook up water to double check everything. Pray for no leaks people.

I need to make a list of what I said I would bring too. Going to have to re-read the thread.

Frank, I'll be bringing my Airstream bike and maybe even a Boy sized version I've been working on.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #153
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
I just re-read this thread. We are funny!! (I not so humbly include myself )

My list is complete!!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:03 PM   #154
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Big news..... Due to a VERY generous donation, breakfast is taken care of. So is happy hour for that matter. But please try and blow everyones mind with some killer finger food. You will need to keep your energy up for all that getting funky.

YouTube - Lipps Inc - Funky Town (1980)