Old 10-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Collier Crap Shoot Rally

Rally at Collier state park and take your chances with the weather, site reservations, rally activities and most everything else.

There are no planned events but if you manage to show up and the weather permits, a Saturday night potluck would be fun.

The park is open until Oct 31 but takes no reservations. They have 50 full hook up sites available on a first come first served basis, but park employees say that the park should be mostly empty. Collier is near Klamuth Falls OR and has a museum, bath house, fishing and equestrian support on-site.

Fair warning for those of you who have rallied with us before - we are NOT bringing a load of cooking gear and canopies ( ok - maybe one canopy) as this will the last stop for us of a longer trip, but we would love one more opportunity to hang out with the intrepid Streamers from the Pacific NW.

See the calendar listing here : http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...2008-10-24&c=1

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:20 AM   #2
JDL
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
T , Oregon
Provided I can get out of work early on Friday I am in.

Pie... enough said..

Old 10-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #3
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
I love the name of this rally!

Looks like a beautiful park. I think it'll be a bit too much of a drive for us (8 hours) this time around, though. Hope you have a great time!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Dave's in a play and that's the last weekend of it. So we'll have to skip this one, but have fun and I can't wait to see the pics.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Yikes, haven't logged in for awhile! We will see what we can do to make it, Don made a tentative commitment, but I am hoping he can get out of it! This would be good!

Claudia
Old 10-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #6
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
We stopped here tonight on our way to CA - just to check out the place. Nice park!

Pine needle forest floor, clean bathrooms, very quiet and a nice river running along the back of the A loop. Highly recommended.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Old 10-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Ok all of you out there! Where are the NW "intrepid" streamers!! Let's hear from you!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson
Old 10-17-2008, 11:48 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Don was able to cancel ~ we should be able to come to Collier! It will likely be the last outing until early Spring.... or Feb if South Beach is a go later.

Claudia
Old 10-19-2008, 11:14 AM   #9
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaddyGrn View Post
Don was able to cancel ~ we should be able to come to Collier! It will likely be the last outing until early Spring.... or Feb if South Beach is a go later.

Claudia
Cool! We stopped at Collier last week for one night on our way to Kernville. The park is beautiful and we were one or 3 trailers there! Pine needle forest floor, big trees, dappled sun... you get the idea. The prime sites seem to be on the back side of the A loop abutting the river. Sites A 14 - 22 are particularly nice. The sites are newly paved with black top and the bath house on the A loop is clean, well maintained and the showers are hot! Each site has a fire ring and table and the park is level. Sites have full hook ups and we paid 13 bucks for the night The park host said they may close the bathhouse on the B loop sometime this week to winterize. The park is shady and I would expect cold temps at night.
We broke down and packed a canopy with sides and "a little extra propane' There is a very fun looking museum there - but we haven't taken the tour yet. Looking forward to next weekend - We will be in on Friday and I think we will have 4 or 5 trailers?

tomorrow we are heading to death valley - I've never been. It doesn't sound inviting Death anything sounds... well... less than fun.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 10-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
dohhhh... too far to make just a weekend run for us.... oh to be retired! Have a toast for us!
Marc and the family
Old 10-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Great Janet! Really looking forward to this... we plan on arriving sometime on Friday... likely sometime between noon and 2:00 p.m. We will check out the A loop and if no one is there yet, we will choose a spot! So we will look for other Airstreams!

I am sure it will have cool nights. They have been cool here, we won't carry water, if they have hookups we will use the water there unless no chance of freeze at night. If we need to bring anything other than the "usual" let us know!

Potluck on Sat night, and whatever happens on Friday?! See you soon!
Claudia
Old 10-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
JDL,

Come even if you don't make it "early out of work".... you can sleep in on Sat. Besides, we love the pies ....

Claudia
Old 10-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #13
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Tonight we're in Death valley. i figure I got warm enough today to last for at least a week.

So - confession time... I know I said we would be traveling light... but is packed the small stove so we could do some breakfast on sunday and a canopy (with sides), the fire dancer, a grill and well - a few other odds and ends. I didn't pack any pies!

Compared to the hot dry piles of dirt in Death valley, Collier looks like a verdant wonderland.

We saw a metal sculpture of a joshua tree today that was about 30 feet high. it was hard to distinguish from the real deal... gyro was very interested in the trunk

AirForums Custom Search
Old 10-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #14
JDL
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
T , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Tonight we're in Death valley. i figure I got warm enough today to last for at least a week.

Compared to the hot dry piles of dirt in Death valley, Collier looks like a verdant wonderland.

You were expecting Pine Trees, Water Falls and Chirping birds in Death Valley? . I do recall you saying you wanted 'warm'.

Claudia - Pie Specifically peach- (is to be picked up Wed. So far - I think I can swing it. So I plan on coming. Thanks. I will also bring some soup to share and warm things up. Please save me a spot away from the fire. Me sleep in.. never..