Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #461
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
Oh hi that would be good we are going to be here in Johnson city till Apr. we may also be at the Blanco Rally, We hope to polish this overlander our friends picked up today and a Bambi in the blanco area all 3 rigs we hope to have at the rally.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #462
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Sean, if you would like to help me out, I would love to have you do some poishing on my 56 Sovereign

Steve
Old 07-21-2011, 06:26 AM   #463
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
now that would be a fun polish we will figure out a good day and time to start this phase I have to finish theses 2 trailers then I will be looking to fill some free time. question what type of frig are you going to put in? I may be able to get you an original domestic that is good working order from a 72, a full size/
Old 07-22-2011, 12:03 AM   #464
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere Guy View Post
We sure will look up up. 1st we have to find Johnson City.
Sphere - Get to Bastrop, the main Hwy going west out of Bastrop is Hwy 71 to Austin. When you get to Austin, you'll go under the new (finally finished, think Gulf Freeway, which was NEVER finished in the 25++ years I lived in Houston) Hwy 71 / I-35 intersection. Continue on west. You'll pass thru what locals call Oak Hill, or "The Y", but just stay to the left & straight on Hwy 290 west), then thru Dripping Springs, then Henley & ultimately arrive at the Hwy 290 / Hwy 281 T-intersection. Turn right (north) on Hwy 281 towards Johnson City for a few miles. The Roadrunner RV Park will be on your right. They have what seems to be a "kitch'ie" cute 1950's neon sign that, what else, trys to show a running road runner (or sorta, at least if you clear your mind, cross your eyes & focus on the sign for 10 minutes). The park looks old'ish from the highway, but I'd think it has all of today's mod-con updates. Most of the things to do in Johnson City revolve around ole King Lyndon - his chiildhood home in town, but his "Texas White House" ranch is only a few miles out of town & well worth the visit. I think the "Texas White House" is now open for us - the great unwashed -to tour. The private Johnson Family cemetary is also on the ranch and President & Mrs. Johnson are buried there. Visitors can view their graves & grave stones, from a distance of course. Once you've done Johnson City (maybe a whole day & 1/2), Fredricksburg is a only Texas hop & skip on up Hwy 290. LOTS of shopping for the Mrs. & a great micro brewery with good'ish German food. I'm told the area's famous "free stone" peaches are now in season & being sold at roadside stands - they're absolutely GREAT, in a good growing season. Lukenback is also close by of you want to see that - "Everybody is somebody in Lukenbach). But Willie is NEVER there. The long necks are ice cold tho. If you're coming up this way, give me a shout & I'll play tour guide. You can PM me for my phones. My fee will be the secret recipe for that great "dip" we all shared that afternoon outside your trailer. . . unless the recipe is a family secret?

Tags
rally, san marcos, texas