Old 06-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #351
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Well it's Sunday morning and we have had two departures. 51Cruisette left at dawn and RichHog was out around 830. Whitsend provided some wonderful Do-Nuts from Shipley's, and Collin helped himself to three!

I appreciate everyone for coming out to attend, and think that it was a great tie with something for everyone.

The two potlucks we had were amazing, the people were great, the kids all had a blast (Thanks Whitsend for the stuff), and even Dave Park was able to enjoy himself (Just kidding Dave),

There was a monstrous bug found last night that we are still trying to discover out the name us, 40 lbs of burned propane fires, and still over 3 cases of cerveza in the coolers.

The story will be told in pictures over the next week for sure. This will not be a rally to miss next time.

Steve

Old 06-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #352

1971 25' Tradewind
Boerne , Texas
Mark and I had a wonderful time at our first ever rally! We really didn't know what to expect, but everyone was so friendly and so fun! (Mark was embarrassed, however, that we looked like rookies leaving the park with our roof vents wide open.) We will definitely be checking this site for any future rallies in central Texas. Take care everybody - we hope to see y'all down the road!

Audrey

Old 06-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #353
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Prim and I had a great time! Other than our truck fiasco, I'm glad we we made it.

Steve and Sean did a great job hosting, and we're much appreciative.

Wish we had more time to ride the river.

Look forward to the next one!
Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #354
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Pattison , Texas
Had sooo much fun! Thank you so much for hosting such an awesome rally. Enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones. Ate really great potluck food, swam and floated to my hearts content. Thanks to all who made this weekend such a bright spot. Also I won an awesome birdhouse!!!! Well maybe won is the wrong term..... Thanks Jim!!!!! CU guys on the road,

xoxoxo Lora and Mike
Old 06-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #355
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Steve & Sean you are the "Greatest"! Thanks for making our first Airstream Rally sooooo enjoyable. We met a bunch of great folks & came home with more info about Airstreams than I can process.

I have the pictures (over 100) downloaded & still doing some edits. Will post some - so stay tuned!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #356
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 25' Tradewind
Houston , Texas
Just not enough time to get to know everyone and hang out more to associate the trailers with all owners (not to mention dogs and children). Thanks to Steve and Sean on the management of the details. Let's do it again sooon!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #357
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
Austin , Texas
Great Rally!

Thanks Sean and Steve for organizing! Got the second rally under our belts and plan to make more. The Toob'in was great. The San Marcos river is great and sooo close . Good meeting more of the local airstreamers, but time is limited having to chase the young'ins around. Look forward to the next one.
Paul...
Old 06-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #358
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
WHAT AN AWESOME RALLY!!! It was nice to see our old friends and to make some new ones. Roseann and I were glad to see each and every one of you!! The park, the hosts and especially the groceries were excellent. I'm thinkin' this needs to be the star of a regular summer rally!? 'Til next time, safe travels everyone.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #359
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
The propane and beers are still flowing outside. I however have decided to turn in befor 0100 for the first time this weekend after a day in the sun on the river.

Thanks to everyone for making my first attended rally in the Republic a great time.

Steve
Old 06-06-2011, 04:26 AM   #360
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Steve & Sean did a great job putting together all the details & just making it all happen so smoothly. I don't know anyone that didn't have a great time. I think the water balloon 'makings' I brought were a hit with the kids. I'd hoped the kids would bomb the adults more . . . maybe next year. I've really enjoyed putting faces & personalities to the names we all see here on the Forums. Great folks!!!

We're already planning on doing this again soon at another yet-to-be-chosen location, so stay tuned folks. We all had too much fun to not go for Round 2.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #361
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
To all,

Amy cannot seem to find her Williams Sonoma magazine that everyone was looking at over at Denis and Mary's trailer. This magazine was special as it had a birthday card with a %50 check in it for me. Did anyone at the table see this magazine and keep it? Anyone toss it away?

Steve
Old 06-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #362
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Well, It looks like we are the only holdouts. Everyone else is gone and we have seen everyone off. We have really enjoyed our 1st Rally! We will make them more often. The host, Sean and Steve made it a worthwile event. I will bring "kids game" next time. Althought the adults like them just as much. This was, IS, a wonderful group! and we can't wait for the next one. I hope everyone made, makes it home safely and we pull out tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #363
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
We are home (Again). We had to stop here and unload everything and clean, then drop off the trailer on base, and get Amy's car from BWoodTX's house. Glad to be here as it was a long weekend.

Thanks again everyone for making it a great event.

Steve
Old 06-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #364
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
made it home safe ad sound Had a wonderful time and ate way too much. A special thanks to Sean for taking us to the bridge late Sun afternoon .That was a wonderful peaceful float Part of the time it felt like we had the river to ourselves Thanks to Steve and Sean for all your effort and organization. Every thing went so smooth

Kay

Tags
rally, san marcos, texas