Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #441
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Yes, the trash on the river was disheartening. It was most certainly not the RV parks fault either. I must have picked up 20-30 cans on the deeper parts of the rapid adjacent to the park on the day we left. If the park would allow an extra tube for trash collection purposes, we could do a great cleanup.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #442
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
Thats Right Steve

The tree's here are needing help Water, This issue with the management of the park is equal to and ostrich putting his head in the sand we have told them a few of the trees need to come down it's a shame but mother nature does not distinguish between a 300 year old pecan tree and a weed. The tree that fee last night was a big one and thank god or some one to be political correct, no one was hurt and not one rig was damaged. The owner now realized we need a tree service in here so we have that and we moved 8 rigs out of the park where the few tree's are located at so they can take them down. We should have a much safer park for all,
The can issue is a ongoing problem last weekend will pulled 195 pounds of cans off the river and a industrial dumpster full of trash this was just in front of the park in the river about 100 yards of river frontage, We give a bag refund of $2.00 for every full bag of trash taken off the river and boy do the kids in the park bring in the bags. Our biggest offender is a place called Don's Fish Camp a haven for kids to tube and drink Don puts ave 2,800 kids on the river every day on weekends and 300+ during the week days, pity other people's kids and adults have no respect for this lovely river but that is the factor that trash the river good idea Steve for next year, and it was a pleasure to have you and your family here today you are welcome here anytime. Sean & Rondi & Juno
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1213.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	657.7 KB
ID:	132915  
Old 06-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #443
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Having a tree come down is scary. I had a 100 year old oak (as wide as my 1993 Ford Taurus SHO) come crashing down on me with my girlfriend (at the time) and me still in it. The truck came down lengthwise on my car from hood to trunk, but the tree was so large and wide it not only totaled my car, but the branches totaled the adjacent cars next to me, 2 cars on each side, 5 cars totaled...

Luckily, my girlfriend was able to get out. I needed the fire department and jaws of life to get me out. The only thing that saved my life was the steering wheel giving me just enough room to lean over the center console without completely crushing me.

I wish I could find those pictures. It's one of those that you look at and shake your head in amazement.
Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #444
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Smile Tac

Sounds good - count us in.

Just got back from a 4 day trip to Atlanta State Park in the Airstream & attended my Hight School class reunion. Good to see the old gang! Thirteen have gone on a higher place & looked like a few more are on their last legs. Amazingly most were in good shape.

We were the only ones who camped.
sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #445
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Sam,

I will be in contact regarding the Texas Airstream Club once several of us have time to get rolling on it.

I have a confession, Amy and I have bought a trailer. The problem is that it is a total gut job, and likely won't be ready until next year. It is also in Seattle, Washington. The good news is that Dave Park left this morning to go up and bring it home for us.

A thread to follow...exciting.

Steve
Old 06-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #446
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Sam,

I will be in contact regarding the Texas Airstream Club once several of us have time to get rolling on it.

I have a confession, Amy and I have bought a trailer. The problem is that it is a total gut job, and likely won't be ready until next year. It is also in Seattle, Washington. The good news is that Dave Park left this morning to go up and bring it home for us.

A thread to follow...exciting.

Steve
Congrats on the new trailer! Pics pics pics!!!!

So now my overlander is safe around you...
Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #447
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi_Bandit View Post
Congrats on the new trailer! Pics pics pics!!!!

So now my overlander is safe around you...
Your overlander was always safe around me....you know you were never selling it!

Steve
Old 06-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #448
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Hooray!!!! Well what is your Prize & how old? Washington is a long way - good to have friends like Dave.

Let me know where you will be doing the restoration. I would like to get progress photos of the restoration.
sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #449
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sams View Post
Hooray!!!! Well what is your Prize & how old? Washington is a long way - good to have friends like Dave.

Let me know where you will be doing the restoration. I would like to get progress photos of the restoration.

All in good time Sam.

Dave will have it at his house to work on it though.

Steve
Old 06-21-2011, 03:31 PM   #450
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Ok everyone, I let the cat out of the bag about our new trailer.

Relapse...1956 Sovereign of the Road.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #451
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
more tree shots

that kid on the top is close to 90 feet up he is 18 and his dad owners the tree company Rondi gave the dad a beer after his kid got down to calm his nerves. the other tree was one of our largest over 4ft diameter and 100 foot tall , as they were cutting another tree on other end of park had a large limb fall the limb was 2.5 foot diameter missed a rig by a foot so that tree is next on hit list, Sure glad we had no issue like this when we had the rally.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1236.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	133034   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1233.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	133035  

Name:	IMG_1225.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	133036  
Old 06-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #452
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Ok, so for the life of me I cannot remember Connie's recipe for the marinated Green Beans can I get that?
CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #453
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Wow, I hope the park is not "Naked" those trees were beautiful and provided plenty of cool shade. Not to mention, Home to many squirrels.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #454
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
We still have plenty of shade only took down 3 trees 2 pecan and 1 sycamore, but I fear we need to remove 2 more but they are by the river area and not near any rigs or danger to people camping. Looks like I will have to cut some nice pecan end tables out of the wood.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #455
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
What kind of tree had the yellow berries when we had the rally I forgot to ask when we were there.I thought they were beautiful .I am sure they make a mess when that fruit drops.
carnegie1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 AM   #456
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Guss What

Not sure if anyone watches this anymore maybe time to kill it hear it goes we are no longer at that park Pecan Park, I had a issue with the owners son the way he talks to people at the park and our customers, we were there to enjoy our selfs and have a good enjoyable business with the tube operation. The son was both rude and disrespectful mostly young girls was on his receiving end of his inappropriate remarks so as a solution to laying hands on this 35 year old we left . we are now in Johnson City TX at a nice RV park that we will be working at in Oct with some airstream friends we just may have a small get together here when it cools down if anyone is interested .We thank all who came to the rally and enjoyed the park and fun we worked hard for all of us to have a fun and enjoyable time we thank all who accepted us as we are not part of the normal TX group of airstreamers we enjoyed it ever so much you guys rock. Sean & Rondi
PS if any passing through Johnson City stop by the Roadrunner RV park and say hi.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #457
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Sorry to hear of your troubles Sean and Rondi, Bonny and I sure consider you 2 as part of our group, what ever that may be! LOL

We hope you can find happiness again.

We sure will look up up. 1st we have to find Johnson City.

Is there tubing, swimming, antiques, stuff like that around there?

We can't wait to get together again.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #458
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
BTW, what's the name of your new park?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #459
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
We are at Roadrunner RV park in town , the town is 11miles from Blanco state park , we have the LBJ museum boy hood home in town plenty of antiques store's one has a 65 safari airstream, we are also 30 minutes from Austin off of 290, and close to Fredricksburg. funny thing this park is like a park from the old days has tree's in part of the sites, reminds me of those old route 66 trailer parks, we just pulled in a 72 overlander for a friend my job now is to make it nice and livable it is a good start and very good shape for 40 years old.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #460
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Sean and Rondi, If you guys are still there in December we will swing by. Plan to be in Blanco for a rally about then. Blanco is where you guys originally found us.. Glad you found a good spot!

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, san marcos, texas