Old 06-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #309
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sams View Post
I'm the new guy to Airstream & RVing. Thinking about a Dish TV setup for those remote places. If any of you have a Dish TV system, please bring it along with a lot of advice. I want to pick your brain.

Sam, I believe Jim (Whitsend) has a Dish system in his trailer. Perhaps he can comment.

Steve

Old 06-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #310
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sams View Post
I'm the new guy to Airstream & RVing. Thinking about a Dish TV setup for those remote places. If any of you have a Dish TV system, please bring it along with a lot of advice. I want to pick your brain.
SAM i BEEN USING THAT SYSTEM BOTH MOUNTED ON TOP OF MY TRAILER AND A PORTABLE FOR SEVERAL YEARS GOOD SYSTEM I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT YOU NEED I ALSO HAVE A SEPARATE SYSTEM YOU CAN LOOK AT FROM DISH

Old 06-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #311
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I was able to get my rental early, and boy did they mess up. I asked for a casita and got this vintage canned ham with wings.

Ok Ok...I know it's a little small for a family of three, but we'll make ends meet

This bird house will be one of the prizes given away at the rally this weekend. Before you ask, no I am not a master craftsman. Yes there are a few things that stick out (slightly). I did however balance the running gear and added 12" brakes for extra stopping power...those birds will be happy about that.

Steve

Old 06-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #312
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
NOW THATS COOL Ok Camper Clinic ll, will be here for sure they will have on display a 25ft Eddie Bauer edition rear door which they will pull with a class C interstate 22ft MH we plan on putting them in the 500 area on display right as you come into the park
Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #313
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Rally rates

OK information for all. I worked in the office today ensuring we got everything in order, everyones site rates will be adjusted on check in all rates with the exception of premium deluxe sites will be set at the rally rate of $30.00, it looks like The park is also going to give a discount for premium sites that people are using , The office contact is Jim or David if we have any questions or issues they are the owners and are excited about us being here. These are the go to guys every one have safe travels coming we will get you into your site without to many gray hairs be ready to have fun and be hungry, We also have maps printed to the air museum and the car museum, Sean & Rondi
Old 06-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #314
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
I did however balance the running gear and added 12" brakes for extra stopping power...those birds will be happy about that.

Steve

OH, NO ---Don't tell me you also put only "Airstream " shocks on there-which are the ONLY ones approved for horizontal use.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #315
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Bruce,

I used the only shocks I could get. The winner can turn it in for a full refund if the centramatics won't keep them running straight.

Steve
Old 06-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #316
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
You guys are funny! Keep it up - we are going to have FUN this weekend.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #317
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
That looks like a Shasta to me. Shastas had a leaf spring suspension as original equipment. I believe they came without any brakes at all!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #318
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
This is a shout out to anyone wanting to get on the river this weekend. I have a 3 seat canoe that I can bring, but I am not planning to use it. I would rather not bring it if nobody will use it as it is big, but I don't mind bringing it for someone to use. We're going to stick with tubes this weekend.

Steve
Old 06-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #319
1 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Love it, (1) ladies medium
Old 06-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #320
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
This is a shout out to anyone wanting to get on the river this weekend. I have a 3 seat canoe that I can bring, but I am not planning to use it. I would rather not bring it if nobody will use it as it is big, but I don't mind bringing it for someone to use. We're going to stick with tubes this weekend.

Steve
Steve if there is only 2 of them they can use our 57 little bit smaller
Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #321
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Sean,

No responses and almost 2200 so I do not plan to bring it at this point. I plan to leave around 0930 tomorrow and will be heading up to drop off a load of stuff (Smoker, Hammock, Toobs, Prizes, and a few other items). Then I will enjoy the company and plan to set up some pork tenderloins up in the smoker at 1:45 when I leave to head back to San Antonio to get the trailer. Then turn around and head back before the pork is overdone! Amy will be picking up Collin and the dog and will drive them up for dinner at Pecan Park.

I'll be bringing the propane fire dancer so we can all gather around a fire of some kind.

Steve
Old 06-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #322
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Sean, I'll be bringing the propane fire dancer so we can all gather around a fire of some kind.Steve

Steve - I shouldn't have to tell you, but this will be a family camping weekend!! How can you justify bringing some shabby unclad "lady" dancing around your propane camp fire?? How will you explain this to little Colin? If I can remember, I'll bring a propane bottle .

FYI - As of this afternoon, my brother told me he wants to join in on the fun !! He'll arrive just in time for dinner Friday evening. You met him at the vintage rally in San Antonio. He still doesn't have an AS , but I'm still working on him .

Tags
rally, san marcos, texas