Old 05-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #211
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
Hi all looking good thanks all for chipping in on the food boy we are going to be a little fatter after this one, note no word on the classics cruisers yet but if 51 cruisette would like to hook up to a model T we will try and make that happen good for photos for sure. on the who is who note we will put our pc and printer up in rec room to make the who is who tags I am off next few days and will have more time to work on a few things for the rally, should have a few more making reservations this week guess I need to order that cow now. Sean & Rondie & Juno

Old 05-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #212
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Sean,
I am going to Avery.com and will design a name badge. I actually have a new set of Avery 8395 adhesive name badge labels that I can donate to the cause, and ensure that everyone gets several per person. The only thing i cannot do is print, so I will design it, and send you the info to print.

So..for everyone interested in name badges, please send me your first name and forum name for each person needing a badge.

Steve

Old 05-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #213
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Steve,
Bruce
BWoodtx
Roseann
Rosewoodtx

Joyce
Friend of BWoodtx & Rosewoodtx
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #214
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Ok, so it turns out all my avery badges in the folder were used previously for the Branson, MO rally in 2008, and I never passed the extras out. As Top states, always learning.

It may just be best to go to Walgreens and get a sharpie with some labels to do by hand.

BTW...Sean, will we be allowed to utilize the kitchen in the Activity room? I think that having the fridge available will help people out with small fridges (Like me), and if we want to use the stove it will help out too.

Steve
Old 05-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #215
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
Smile

I have an idea that may work great for name tags won't be able to check it out until Wed. If it works out I will take care of nametags. I will let you know Wed night.

I will have my future daughter-in-law Amanda and my soon to be grandson Austin 13 and granddaughter Morgan 11 with me.

Kay
Old 05-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #216
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Kay,

Your companions should have company as I believe Top's team members are 12, 14, and 15. He'll correct me if I am wrong.

Can I get a show of virtual hands for who has plans to float or boat down the San Marcos on Saturday?

Steve

On Edit: I just received an email from Carl Johnson (member of HTCO) and he plans to join us. What's that number now....say 22-24 rigs and several people just showing up for a day? Go team.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #217
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
great to here Steve, and good idea on tube count I was working on the logistics now here is what I got so far we carry 12 people and tube's tight but I can do it now we may need to recruit another truck or two which will depend if and how many want to float together, also I am putting up my vintage canoe if some body wants to run the river with it gets a few looks for the show off in us. also we will check the frig up-stares in rec room to see if we can free up some room in it as it is full of what I do not know. the kit is ours and rec of course I have quite a few things to prep and locate to get this ready I will be on the hunt for tables also this week we have a bunch of chairs now I kinda think to plan on 60 or more people at this time for the rally this is looking great and great team work to have some fun in San Marcos who would of figured
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #218
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiontimo View Post
great to here Steve, and good idea on tube count I was working on the logistics now here is what I got so far we carry 12 people and tube's tight but I can do it now we may need to recruit another truck or two which will depend if and how many want to float together
Sean,

I know the not everyone will float, and I think I know of one big guy that i can ask (tell) to help us out with a ride over to the put in. Mr. Chinese tent himself (private joke) told me he would NOT be floating.

Steve
Old 05-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #219
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
I figured. Lots of Airstreamers here in Texas. Very much looking forward to this great rally!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #220
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Boerne, TX / , Evergreen, CO
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia Send a message via Skype™ to Westfalia
Quite the shindig in the making! Please plan on two "toobs" for us. I've got life jackets for my girls. I don't think I will bring the canoe on this one, just adds to more STUFF.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #221
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Sean, I know of one big guy that i can ask (tell) to help us out with a ride over to the put in. Mr. Chinese tent himself (private joke) told me he would NOT be floating. Steve
Keep it up ya damn Yankee Drummer . I was going to try & find you & yours the Real Deal Texas passports. Not so sure now . And no, now that someone lets cats outta tha bag, I don't share my rotund'ness, in public, with anyone.

But yes, I'll be glad to help getting folks to the starting point & fetch 'em back to camp from the bottom of the waterfall area.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #222
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Jim, forgive my Yankee ignorance, but what egg-zactly is a "Texas Passport"?

Just for you Jim, a little Todd Rundgren.

YouTube - todd rundgren - bang on the drum all day
Old 05-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #223
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Just for your Yankee ignorance-A Texas passport grants prospective citizenship to---YANKEES!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #224
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoodtx View Post
Just for your Yankee ignorance-A Texas passport grants prospective citizenship to---YANKEES!

Too little too late. I was already a Texas Resident in for parts of 2001-2002, and then another stint from 2003-2004. Guess you could say I'm a 3 time resident.

Steve

Tags
rally, san marcos, texas