Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Central Texas Rally 2012

Greetings all!

Last June we held an absolutely great rally in San Marcos (Central Texas). Many folks have expressed interest in doing this again, so this is the announcement thread.

Like last year we are holding the rally at Pecan Park Campground which offers HUGE shaded areas, tubing and canoeing, an indoor swimming pool, and fishing.

Last year we held the event the first weekend in June since school had let out, and it looks that the first weekend in June would be appropriate for this year as well since the park owner has agreed to give us the group rate for that weekend. The park has a policy of no group rates during June-September since they normally book up without groups.

Early arrival or staying late is welcome. All sites are full hookups. The rates are $25 Sunday-Thursday and $28 Friday and Saturday. Normal non-group rates are $40 per night or higher. The park will hold a block of spots for us for up to 14 days prior to the event, so don't delay in making your reservation.

As usual, potluck meals and trailer tours for the willing will be planned as well as a prize give away.

The rally signup page is ready to go!!!

Enjoy pics from last year!

Old 03-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I just spoke again with the campground and we are ready to go.

When you call you must tell the staff you are with the Airstream Forums Rally. Jim told me to let everyone know that their office hours are 0900-1200 and 1300-1700.

I saw your comments Sid...it's all good to go amigo.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
San Marcos Rally

Hi Steve!

Have been out of touch with you guys, but I retired 12/31/11 & we moved to Little Rock, AR. However we have been in Florida since mid February. The 23FB Flying Cloud serves us well !!!! Are you back in Texas & how is your project coming along?

Our Son in Law, now at Bagram AFG will be out of there on or about 4/1 with a new assignment in San Antonio. San Marcos could work into our schedule for a visit with them also. We are also planning a trip to the North Western National Parks & could finish up in Central Texas in June.

Will keep you posted.

Sam & Gloria Spearman

P. S. Will tell Vaughan HI for you
sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Sam,

Congratulations on your retirement. I am also glad to hear that your son in law will be leaving the "Stan" soon. I am not back in Texas full-time yet, but graduation is only 54 days away. My project? Oh yeah...THAT PROJECT. That's a discussion to be held between one another or via email...not here, or you can read my blog found in my signature below.

Anyhow, glad you are well, and we hope to see you in June. Vaughn? Tell that guy to get a darn tow vehicle and do some traveling!

Steve

Amy and I hope to see you in June!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance M
That sure was a great time last year! I think we'll be able to make this one too!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Lance M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
We're happy to hear that this won't interfere with your work schedule as it stands. I'm sure your kids will be up for tubing down the river again, and I'm sure Amy is looking forward to chats over coffee with Laura.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
2012 Interstate Coach
San Antonio , Texas
Bruce and I made our reservation. Looking forward to it.
rosewoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
Austin , Texas
Reservation made.
PaulAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
This is going to turn out to be another fantastic rally event. Unfortunately, my lovely wife was just informed that she will be TDY with her Commander for the yearly training brief, and Collin and I will be doing the boys thing. That's okay with me...we should be able to have a great time.

Last year we held the potluck on Friday, and another with leftovers on Saturday. Is anyone interested in doing two nights of potluck this time around? Another thing a group of us did last year was drive over to Lockhart, TX which is the State Capital for BBQ.

If anyone has their site number, I will update the map and post it late on once we get a few more folks. I believe I am in spot 322 (whichever one Whitsend had last year).

I am hopeful we can book these 20 spots and be grants several more before the deadline. Let's go streamin.....
Old 03-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
Shelly and Richard

1973 27' Overlander
1959 24' Tradewind
Kopperl , Texas
Shelly and I will be there! Already looking forward to it!
traveluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by knutson View Post
Shelly and I will be there! Already looking forward to it!

Great to hear.

I am hoping that we can have a bunch more folks join us that are attending the Hill Country Easter Rally as well. We have six official signups on the rally page here on Airforums, but I just know that Sams is going to give it his all to be there. I also believe that the recent purchaser of my 56 Sovereign of the Road will be there in his 59 Tradewind, as well as several other friendly forum folk.

Anyone interested in having a theme? It seems to be all the rave in current rally events.

Steve
Old 04-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #12
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
have a great time

Guys have a great rally we are unable to attend or Host again this year even though we started this fun rally we were taken out for some reason not sure why but we will still have great rallies elsewhere and wish the best for all who attend its a great park and fun people who attended Rondie and I started and hosted our first Rally central TX you people made it fun and showed what a great group of air-streamers you are enjoy the cool water on the river we hope many who attend the easter rally come down to San Marcos and have fun there. Post many pictures so we can all see the fun Sean & Rondi 1st central TX rally originators.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Looks like we can work it into the schedule. What are the dates?
sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Ken and I have made reservations.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sams View Post
Looks like we can work it into the schedule. What are the dates?
Hey Sam, the dates are June 1-3. Look forward to seeing you again.

Great Deb, we look forward to toobin down the river again like last year with you all.

Janet is currently designing a graphic for Airforum use. I can have that graphic converted for T-shirts like we did last year if we have interest.

Fridge magnets like last year are a MUST.

Steve
Old 04-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
san antonio , Texas
Ok--you talked us into it. We've made reservations for the rally. Had a great time at the Hill Country Easter Rally and we are ready for another fun time. We'll be in spot #226 close to the showers for us and the dumpster for convenience if we bring pets. Will begin the countdown.
Judy and Jack
judybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by judybug View Post
Ok--you talked us into it. We've made reservations for the rally. Had a great time at the Hill Country Easter Rally and we are ready for another fun time. We'll be in spot #226 close to the showers for us and the dumpster for convenience if we bring pets. Will begin the countdown.
Judy and Jack

Welcome,

This is the spot that Top and his family had last year. It's a nice site, flat, and you cannot beat the distance to the shower houses. We backed up to this site last year for the same convenience.

See you in June.

Steve
Old 04-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Skye made our reservations today. We will get there on Wednesday, leave Sunday. Site 317. Skye wants to know if they sell kegs of wine? (:

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805 View Post
Skye made our reservations today. We will get there on Wednesday, leave Sunday. Site 317. Skye wants to know if they sell kegs of wine? (:

Maybe not kegs, but surely we can find a barrel somewhere eh? I'll bring a bottle or two if it helps out.

Steve
Old 04-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Made my reservation ages ago, when Steve 1st announced this rally. This is a great rally for family to attend - great weather, large mature trees for shade, the cooling waters of the river right at your door step and lots of great Airstreamers, some to get reacquainted with and some to make new friends. I'm hoping many of the folks that attended the Easter Rally in Johnson City will attend this one too!! I can't wait!!

Steve - If a tee shirt is done again this year, put me down for a 2X.