Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2015, 08:21 AM   #61
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
We are considering options. With the evacuations, it looks like we will cancel due to more rain expected throughout the week and just hunker down.

On another note, an earth dam in Willis Texas, just North of Conroe is being closely watched with heavy rains expected later today. It must be part of Lake Conroe.

We hope every one is ok. Try to stay dry!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:10 AM   #62
Silver Linings PlayNook

2007 27' International CCD FB
Austin , Texas
Rally Canceled Due to flooding!!!!!!!!!

Im sorry to cancel the spring rally but for safety concerns we must. I have called Pecan Park several times to get info. No one answers and their mailbox is full so I cannot leave a message. I hope the parks is safe from the flooding. Please forward this message to get the word out. Thanks TH
axlrock10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:36 AM   #63
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
The news just said the San Marcos rose to a record breaking 43 ft. I doubt the park will be open.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 05-25-2015, 09:41 AM   #64
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
FYI, I don't know if they are doing it today but the weather channel yesterday and definitely HLN channel on cable today is showing pictures of the damage in San Marcos. There is a curfew at night until the City accesses all damage and road conditions.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #65
4 Rivet Member

houston , Texas
Cut and paste from weatherchannel.com

Catastrophic Flash Flood near San Marcos, Texas
At least one man has died in San Marcos, Texas, as a result of the catastrophic flash flood that developed on the Blanco River late Saturday night before emptying into the San Marcos River Sunday morning.

The National Weather Service issued a flash flood emergency late Sunday morning for the San Marcos River from San Marcos to Luling, Texas. This included parts of southeastern Hays, western Caldwell and northern Guadalupe counties. San Marcos is a city of about 55,000 people between Austin and San Antonio. A surge of floodwater continues to roll downstream along the San Marcos River into Luling, Texas.

The San Marcos River is rising fast in Martindale and Luling, Texas. Palmetto State Park at Ottine is experiencing severe flooding with at least 6 feet of water in the pavilion building likely, based on Sunday afternoon's NWS river stage report. Much of the Luling Golf Course is likely to flood, and some of the lowest homes north and northeast of the golf course may flood depending on exactly how high the river gets.

A curfew has been declared beginning at 9 p.m. Sunday and ending at 7 a.m. Monday for the cities of San Marcos and Wimberley, Texas, as well as unincorporated areas of Hays County.

An estimated 1,000 homes have been flooded in Hays County, Texas. Some residents are still stranded in their homes, but officials said Sunday afternoon that there are no longer any people waiting on rooftops for rescue. Up to 12.32 inches of rain fell near Kendalia, Texas in this event.

The Blanco River at San Marcos, Texas, crested just over 43 feet early Sunday morning, a rise of over 31 feet since late Saturday night. That 31-foot surge in the river level included a rise of 17 feet in just 30 minutes. Water levels remain high this morning as the flood crest rolls downstream.

The Blanco River rose more than 33 feet in just 3 hours in Wimberley, Texas, reaching a level more than 27 feet above flood stage at 1 a.m. Sunday. This broke the all-time record crest from 1929 by nearly 7 feet, before the river gauge stopped reporting. Wimberley is about 25 miles southwest of Austin. Emergency management reported residents were trapped on rooftops due to the sudden rise in floodwaters. Officials opened shelters to house those forced from their homes by the swollen river.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:11 AM   #66
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
I just found this. Maybe everyone did not get out.

http://www.gofundme.com/pecanparkflood

Old 05-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #67
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Wow. That far exceeds the damage in the 2013 flood from what I have seen. They will be challenged to recover from that. Very said. Glad to hear there was no loss of life.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #68
4 Rivet Member

houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb and Ken View Post
I just found this. Maybe everyone did not get out.

Pecan Park RV Flood Relief by Rachael Rowley - GoFundMe

That was this weekend?? Well I mean obviously by the webpage, but my goodness!!! Just WOW.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:00 PM   #69
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Curtis Wright
San Marcos , Texas
Send a message via AIM to kevinkatz
the guy from pecan park just called me and said that he is cancelling and that the park is closed. my kids live in san marcos and all the water has receded.
since many of us have planned a weekend i think that it would be great if we could find an alternative site and still hang out together. thoughts????
kevinkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:38 PM   #70
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Seguin , Texas
The Texas Alamo Unit Rally is being held in Fredericksburg Texas at Oakwood RV Park May 28-31. Maybe some rain, but no flooding.
Pileus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #71
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Curtis Wright
San Marcos , Texas
This rally may be a great alternative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pileus View Post
The Texas Alamo Unit Rally is being held in Fredericksburg Texas at Oakwood RV Park May 28-31. Maybe some rain, but no flooding.
i have spoken to dave willis who is one of the hosts with bruce of this rally. he is checking to see how much of an issue it would be if some people joined them. they were planning to provide all the food.
i called the rv park and she has a number of open spaces.

i think it would be great if we gatecrashed their rally. in fact we dont have to even join them. we could have a rally in the same park as them at the same time.
what a trip??
if we dont get something else going then melissa and i will definitely join the alamo group in fredricksburg and would love anyone else to join us.
i will post updated information as soon as i get it on this situation.

kevin
Old 05-25-2015, 03:27 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
So any thoughts yet on where to relocate the event? Are any of the campgrounds out of New Braunfels still open?

RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #73
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Curtis Wright
San Marcos , Texas
who may come to fredrickburg? show of hands please

i am working with the alamo unit to see how we could join their rally. i should know fairly soon about the logistics. they are a great group and many of you know a lot of them.
we need to know roughly how many people are interested in this and would probably come if we can organize the event. they are catering food and the head count is important.
if it is not possible to formally join them, i also need to have a fairly good count on who will come to the park anyway.

so what i need is for y'all to please respond and let me know if you would probably come this weekend.

terry and mary are in california and only get back on wednesday. they are not in a position to organize anything and i am in communication with them. they are all for us joining this rally or creating our own, and i hope that they will come too.

i vote for not letting the weather ruin a good time.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #74
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
2011 25' FB International
Lafayette , Louisiana
We are in Kerrville now we would go to Frederickburg!
Aluminum pulling Aluminum 2018 F-150 4X4 Platinum, 3.5L V-6, 10 speed trans, 6.5 bed, Max Tow 3.55 Elec Locking axle, Roadmaster Active Suspension ~ 2015 Airstream Custom Ordered 27fb International Serenity - Lafayette Louisiana
WBCCI 11100
LaBigDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:30 PM   #75
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Curtis Wright
San Marcos , Texas
the FINAL story

i have spoken to the alamo unit rally chairs and the president of the club, George Taylor.
they would love for us to come and socialize and hang out with them.

they have made reservations for all their folks already and planned all their meals and food. it would be very difficult for them to start changing things for a lot of new campers.

what they suggest is that we personally make reservations at the resort and then plan to be be involved in their activities.

Oakwood RV Resort, Fredericksburg, TX

depending on how many of our folks tell me that they are coming we can still do our potluck dinner and if terry comes, our tech talks.

i am making a reservation and hope that many of you do too because we were really looking forward to visiting with some really great people this weekend.

please post if you have made a reservation and are coming.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #76
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
The Woodlands , Texas
Unfortunately we’ll have to cancel for this weekend. San Marcos was as far as we could make it from Houston after work on a Friday evening.

Very sad news about Pecan Park. Will be making a donation.

Enjoy the Alamo Unit rally and hope to see you all again.
LesMesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #77
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Curtis Wright
San Marcos , Texas
got reservation

just went on the website and made a reservation.

kevin and melissa katz
Old 05-25-2015, 07:48 PM   #78
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Curtis Wright
San Marcos , Texas
great LaBigDogs --- c u there
Old 05-25-2015, 07:51 PM   #79

2014 27' FB International
Cypress , Texas
We had a site at Pecan Park for the holiday weekend, we stayed home instead (Houston) due to the forecast. Some of our traveling group still went, they were told to evacuate early Sunday morning... The park flooded quite badly... Everyone at the park left safely but there were quite a few rv's that were damaged, no owners present to remove them.
mjgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:03 AM   #80
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
2011 25' FB International
Lafayette , Louisiana
kevinkatz, we have our site arriving booked for Thr and departing Monday, so does jBroedlow-same dates .... so far I think 3 of us headed to Oakwood.
Aluminum pulling Aluminum 2018 F-150 4X4 Platinum, 3.5L V-6, 10 speed trans, 6.5 bed, Max Tow 3.55 Elec Locking axle, Roadmaster Active Suspension ~ 2015 Airstream Custom Ordered 27fb International Serenity - Lafayette Louisiana
WBCCI 11100
LaBigDogs is offline   Reply With Quote