Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: What months for a Cedar Point Rally would be best for your family?
May (Schools in session) (Waterpark closed till last week) 2 7.41%
June (School in session first half) 4 14.81%
July (Exended hours) 10 37.04%
August (Extend hours first 3 weekends) 13 48.15%
September (Waterpark closed) (Halloweekends starts midway) 4 14.81%
October (Halloweekends) 4 14.81%
November (Final Weekend is the first weekend) 1 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2008, 03:49 AM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Safari SE
Westlake , Ohio
we have our spot. see you all in july.
toddnich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:29 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
I just got back from my trip to Cedar Point. Follow this link for a couple of photo's to get you ready . . .

http://www.airforums.com/forums/580599-post144.html

In the first photo you can see the 400' tall Top Thrill Dragster (zero to 120mph in 4 seconds before shooting straight up toward the sky!), 125' tall Gemini racing coster, and 300' tall Millenium Force. In the second photo, you can also see the top of the 200' tall Magnum XL200 over the top of the trailer. Rode all four multiple times! The last photo shows how close we were to Lake Erie.

The full hookup site WAS worth the extra money - much nicer.

My neice, nephew, brother and I had a blast oiver 2 days - I'm sure you all will, too.

In the Cedar Point campground, besides us, I saw a mid to later 70's 31' Sovereign trailer, and a 1990's square Airstream Motorhome, but didn't get any photo's.

And maybe gas prices are affecting attendence - there were a few open spots in the campground both Saturday and Sunday and the coaster lines seemed to be a little shorter than last year.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:50 AM   #43

Cedar Springs , Michigan
how do we get into this rally we want to go can you help me with this
mech36977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:59 AM   #44
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech36977 View Post
how do we get into this rally we want to go can you help me with this
Read back a little...Post 36 has instructions...but the deadline passed.

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:08 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Please note that the "Deadline" was only when our block was released. Give Cedar Point reservation a call, they may have space left!

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:11 AM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Safari SE
Westlake , Ohio
We're heading out. Hope to see some of you out there. If you see us, stop by and say hi!

Todd, Naomi, Patrick, and Nick

WBCCI # 2269
Old 07-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I'm happy to report that I believe those that attended this rally had a good time!

I've yet to meet a fellow airstreamer that isn't friendly! It was a pleasure to spend the weekend with a couple of great familes.

Unfortunatley, the lines were long and the park was a little crowded. But, I had a fun time. My son is now 16, so my wife and I really got to enjoy watching the little ones ride and smile on the kids rides!

The Cedar Point Park Reservations department has already contacted me to see if everything went ok! In my eyes, they did a good job. I'm pretty sure we are going to try this again next year. I would really encourage anyone interested to let me know. This would help me determine the best date to hit and what kind of sites we want.

Due to my reservation screw up, I was put into the "full hookup" area. This is $20 additional per night. Well, I tend to be cheap. But, I really think the extra expense is probably worth it.

In closing, my family will probably be headed back for Halloweekends in October. Please feel free to join us!

Pic's will follow soon.....
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
DanB
I'm glad it went well for ya. We are to old for amusement parks. Only 1 ride there We would be intrested in would be the FerrisWHeel. I have riden it once. On a clearday its spectacular ,U can see Cleveland and Toledo an the same time.
Just wanted to let you know that your thread did not go unnoticed.
We are planning on going to the rally just east of Akron in August ,hopefully we will bump into You There.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
great job, Dan

Sounds like a good weekend. It was a hot one, so hopefully you all found good ways to stay coooll. Larry and I were at Punderson SP which was really close to the MetroParks at Moreland Hills, Polo Field. The Dock Dogs event was on this past weekend. Our daughter had her two dogs competing there. It was HOT too! Punderson is a great State Park, but only 20 amp electrical service.
Glad to hear you all are planning more fun. How about joining the rest of us going to West Branch?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #50
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Safari SE
Westlake , Ohio
thanks for setting this up, dan. we had a great time. as you mentioned, airstream people are always pleasant. my son was especially pleased to have another pre-schooler to play with.

we stayed an extra day, and sunday night was wonderful at the park. the lines were shorter, we were able to have dinner prior to hitting the park, and the discounted price of $25 was fair for the five hours we were there- 5 hours nonstop at cedar point will wear you out!

i'd like to mention for everyone next year....

for $64 you get an electric only site, ours was shaded and level.
also, campers get $10 off the price of adult admission, free parking, and 1 hour early admission. when you build that into the price, it's not a bad deal at all for the best roller coaster park in the world. and, by the way, rooms at the adjacent hotel START at $255 a night.

in conclusion, we had a great time and are looking forward to seeing new and old friends at the next one.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #51

Cedar Springs , Michigan
Cedar Point Rally

Dan

We didn't get to go this time due to me being new at the rally thing we were really disappointed that we got on too late but we are already looking forward to next year think I have a handle on how to get into the rallies we just go our Aiirstream and really want to find a rally to try to go to this year. But you can count on us next year

Ralph and Denise Dietrich
New Owners
mech36977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Horton Bay , Michigan
I hope to make it next year. Every year my family does a trip to Cedar Point and then on to see my folks in Vermillion. We just missed you guys , we went to Cedar Point on Thursday, July 17. We didn't camp there though, my airstream is in the process of getting the full monte . We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Vermillion.

I took my 9 year old daughter on the all the roller coasters and MaxAir for the first time . Holy #$%^! what a blast. And of course the little ones love the Jr. Gemini and Camp Snoopy .

Can't wait till next time!

Joe
UpNorthAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #53
Is this thing on?

1994 36' Classic 36
Bay Village , Ohio
Halloweekend

Missed it this year, but I'd love to go up in October. The crowds are smaller and it has an entirely different atmosphere. Is there a particular weekend in mind?

thanks,
bill carter
Classicpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Mech and UPNORTH AIR and Classic Pilot
Its not over ya know DETROIT-METRO is August 15th thru 17th at KC Campgrounds In Milan Mich rite off US 23.
All are welcome. We have met some of this group in April and we had a great time. So why don't ya give some thought to commin out and joining us .IT will be fun.These are really great pple.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:49 AM   #55
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
London , ontario
Thanks Dan for setting this up. It was great to meet you all and our daughter as well as us all made new friends.

We're all looking forward to doing it again next year, this time we'll stay longer. The park is a two day visit at least.

Still trying to recover from the Maverick! First ride of the day, what a way to start...

Anyway, was great to meet you all.

BTW. It was hot. Not as crowded as I thought it would be. Park is amazing. Company was awesome.
gowyn is offline   Reply With Quote