View Poll Results: What months for a Cedar Point Rally would be best for your family?
May (Schools in session) (Waterpark closed till last week) 2 7.41%
June (School in session first half) 4 14.81%
July (Exended hours) 10 37.04%
August (Extend hours first 3 weekends) 13 48.15%
September (Waterpark closed) (Halloweekends starts midway) 4 14.81%
October (Halloweekends) 4 14.81%
November (Final Weekend is the first weekend) 1 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Camp Site Image

Here is the area that I'm going to negotiate to use. I'll see if they will allow me to block the 13 "in the round" spaces.

Note the location to: the pool, hot tub, Lake Erie, Mean Streak.....
Attached Images
File Type: bmp cp2.bmp (282.4 KB, 81 views)

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Groveport , Ohio
The children and I have been talking about a camping trip to cedar point. They loved the Michigan rally with the AS's. I guess when a date is nailed down we will see if we are able to reserve a spot. Robert

Old 02-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Monday I will be contacting Cedar Point about this idea. If you are interested, please voice your opinion on the poll. I'll see what they say and report back.

Right now, it looks like August is the most popular.

Lets grow this Rally!

www.campnova.com

Old 02-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Went to Cedar point about 15 years ago on a trip to Toledo. At that time they had the worlds tallest coaster, and one of the fastest.

It may be a long shot to make this since we would rather go without Collin to enjoy Cedar Point. I will keep up on info you post.

Steve
Old 02-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Rally Update...

Pending coordination with other local rallys, it looks like we are shooting for August 1st and 2nd.

As Camper Village sells out almost every night, Cedar Point has no need to negotiate prices. I'm looking to block 13 spots "back-in" full hook up spots in a semi-circle. These are $84 per night. Electric only spots are $64. Spots will be held until 60 days prior.

If enough participants think we should only get electric and save $20, I'll change the block. Otherwise, I'll leave it where it is. PLEASE let me know if you consider the price a "deal-breaker"!

Good news is we will get discount tickets! Prices will be announced when available.

As soon as I have some more things finalized, I'll post an "official" announcement.

www.campnova.com

Old 02-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
London , ontario
Still interested. I'll have a chat with the spousal unit.

Anyone know if they is much for a five year old to do?

Personally $20 for the water and dump seems a little over the top. Are those sites that much nicer?
Old 02-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
After further consideration, how about July 19 & 20? That should be far enough away from other rally dates so we don't conflict.

As far as a five year old, wow! You will have plenty to do! In addition to the other two kiddie areas, there will now be Planet Snoopy!

Read on...

Families Rule at Cedar Point! Planet Snoopy Highlights New Attractions for 2008 Season

SANDUSKY, Ohio – Family fun will be “out of this world” at Cedar Point amusement park/resort in Sandusky, Ohio, when Planet Snoopy™ debuts this summer as the park’s newest children’s area. Featuring a PEANUTS™-themed environment, Planet Snoopy will spin into orbit at the former PEANUTS Playground.
Planet Snoopy will feature seven rides, including a mini-tea cup-style ride, miniature train, 4 x 4 trucks, a bouncing tower, spinning balloons, rocket ships and a crazy sub ride. Planet Snoopy will also feature games, themed décor showcasing Snoopy’s worldly travels and special live appearances by the PEANUTS characters. Planet Snoopy’s 1.25 acres will also feature a family center with changing stations and private areas to feed children in a quiet atmosphere.
“This is the tenth year of Snoopy here at Cedar Point and we’re extremely excited to offer our fourth children’s area for those who aren’t yet ready to ride the park’s bigger rides and coasters,” said John Hildebrandt, vice president and general manager of Cedar Point. “We’re known around the world for our roller coasters – but we’re also a destination for families looking for a wide range of thrills. Planet Snoopy will be a great start for the young thrill-seeker this summer.”

In addition to the attractions at Planet Snoopy, a new restaurant will satisfy the rumble in the tummy. Kids will be the boss at a new themed restaurant, which will feature a children-only menu. Parents don’t need to worry – there’s a small “adult-only” section on the menu just for them! The interior of the new restaurant will cater to the ultimate PEANUTS fan with graphics from the world-famous comic strip.

The terrestrial fun extends beyond Planet Snoopy next season with four new live shows. “Snoopy’s Big Bow Wow On Ice” will skate into the Good Time Theatre. Snoopy, along with 14 world-class skaters, will be featured in a brand-new ice skating extravaganza with amazing skating routines, familiar music and the fun and excitement of a summer party.
Next to Planet Snoopy, “All Wheels Extreme” is set to wow guests young and old in the former aquatic stadium. Skilled stunt bikers, skateboarders and rollerbladers will perform flips, tricks and unbelievable stunts in this high-energy BMX-style show.

www.campnova.com

Old 03-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1961 26' Overlander
1949 24' Limited
Springs , Pennsylvania
I am a travel agent in SouthWest PA and am currently organizing a field trip for the local high school- they are going to cedar point. I am setting up their tickets/ meals and have some group info that could be helpful. All my prices and stuff are at the office so I will get you specifics tomorrow. I blocked the group a pizza buffet inside the park (in a private location) for about $7/ person for dinner the one night. Also they do meal vouchers in the park for about $8/ person that are good for a burger, fries, & drink or comparable meal. We live about 4 hours away and if the dates work would be really interested in going. My husband has been to Cedar Point- but I never have (almost wanted to go along with the field trip). Sounds like a lot of fun! Is the RV park pet friendly?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #23
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB
After further consideration, how about July 19 & 20?
Hi Dan, Are you locked into this date now? If so you got us again...the one weekend we wouldn't give up for anything. Indy cars at Mid-Ohio.

I hope to catch up with you all sometime this camping season

Stephen
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Safari SE
Westlake , Ohio
Hi Dan. This will be our first rally. Look forward to seeing everyone there at the greatest park in the nation!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
This date was chosen in an effort to draw as many people as possible! Hopefully some of the metro-detroit folks can make it, and maybe we the Luhr's will consider coming after thier rally in NY.

The date was actually not my first choice. My wife has to work, but she should bew able to come up in the evening. Our house is only about 30 minutes from the point.

I'm really hoping that we can get some people here! Cedar Point is a really great family park. With a little effort, I believe this rally could get really popular.

Please feel free to contact me wth any questions!

www.campnova.com

Old 04-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #26

Dan,

Do you have any updated information on the Cedar Point Rally....like how much is it going to cost?
Old 04-15-2008, 05:42 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
OK Folks,

I've signed off on a contract to hold 12 sites. These are electric only, back in sites. Cost is $64 per night. Park admission is extra. Remember, the pool and beach are free.

If you want one, you must reserve before Monday, May 19. The remaining block will be released at that time.

THIS DATE IS GUARANTEED TO SELL OUT! Thats kinda why I could negotiate a better rate. Cedar Point doesn't need too! If you want to attend, I would stongly consider acting soon.

To reserve, call (419) 627-2106 and use code AIRSTR

Individuals are responsible for all costs.

I'm looking forward to this trip! It should be great fun.

www.campnova.com

Old 04-15-2008, 07:02 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
London , ontario
Hi Dan.

Just wanted to confirm the dates again. 19 and 20 July? Saturday and Sunday night?

Also, are the sites the ones in the photo (wheel?)

Any idea on how many are confirmed yet?

I'll talk to Heather tonight.

See ya.