Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2004, 05:48 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Casualtie

TexasStars, Scott and Terrie, had a meltdown in the Microwave after 53 minutes of nuking 'taters.

Hope it's the fuse!

Scott says he is considering installing "on star" with a direct link to Mr Goodwrench.

We all hope Scott gets the 345 trimmed up in time for the next get together!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	texasstars.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	4574  

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 05:48 PM   #42
1 Rivet Member

Great time had by all!!!!!

Gary
yargseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 05:54 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn

Dave, and a couple of his friends from Austin, showed up Saturday morning in the '90 345.

What can you say about the famous William Henshall's old 345?

Maybe, Congratulations, Dave.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	90345.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	4575  

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Old 01-25-2004, 06:02 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
87MH

We (Dennis and Mary) left most of the pups at home, at the last minute grabbed the two youngest ones.

We had a really great time. Thanks to EVERYONE!

We enjoyed the company and the campout.

Well done, everyone, and well said.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	87mh.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	4576  

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Old 01-25-2004, 06:03 PM   #45
1 Rivet Member

Dennis

Trying to send a pic what size pics are you sending?

Gary
Old 01-25-2004, 06:12 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Peter and Company

We all need to send Peter a special "Thank You" for putting all of this together.

Peter and Cindy's friends from Germany, Huern and Liza, (Peter, help me with the spelling) were in attendance. Their VW vanagon (the Joker) was shipped over from Peter's home town in Germany, they picked it up on the Eastern Seaboard, and are in the process of DRIVING it to Panama, no, not Panama City, FL, we are talking Panama Canal Panama!

WOW What a trip!!!!

All the way through Mexico -- SOLO!

So, we needed to make room for them in the group.

That makes 11 units - 6 trailers, 4 motor homes, and the VW!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	peterh\'s pad.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	4577  

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Old 01-25-2004, 06:17 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Unhappy Picture was probably too large

Try this link for an explanation of posting pics.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Old 01-25-2004, 06:21 PM   #48
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Wow,

Quite an attendance out there!! That 99 is sweet, swoopy graphics and all aside. Too bad I didn't have my 74 and I could have been the vintage man on the scene.

I was spending the day finishing up my kitchen remodel and was keeping my fingers crossed for ya'all to get a break from the rain. At least the temps were nice. The last time I went there, Canyon of the Eagles, it was to do some planet watching, Mars, which makes me think the place is cursed, it rained cats and dogs and they closed the observatory. I was really bummed out. Had to go to work the next day anyhow so we packed it out around 10 pm, a Sunday nite. Quite a pull on out of there in the dark, I am tellin' you!

They do have an excellant restaurant there, like a 4 star if I remember right. A real classy place, hence the price to camp.

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:40 PM   #49
1 Rivet Member

Thanks Dennis

Gary
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	the gang.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	4579  
Old 01-25-2004, 09:00 PM   #50
3 Rivet Member

What a great group! I was bummed out all day Saturday cause we were unable to attend. Knew ya'll were all having a great time. Hope to meet up again soon Mike n Becky
wildcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:53 PM   #51
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Not sure if any of you caught this:
When we left the camp driving right outside the main gate a huge bald eagle was soaring to the right over the water....
Just incredible!
We are starting to get used to the great company and are already looking forward to the next one.
Our german friends were completely in awe and enjoyed this gathering more than they ever able to express to every one. By now they are well on their to the next stage of their adventure.
Out of the trailers and motorhomes they picked Gary's Bambi as their most favorite.
I am still puzzled about the perfect timing of the weathergods, allowing us to have a great camp fire and pot luck.
Thank you for the good company!!
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 11:50 AM   #52
2 Rivet Member

Left the park a little after 2 p.m. and made it to the Y in the road just outside the camping area when the rig decided to die on me, we had 4 cell phones between us and could not get any service as I tried to call my mechanic for some advice. Hiked up to front gate to use phone ( long walk ) and sign on door said closed go to lodge to check in.... hummm, should have thought about that in the first place since it was right around the corner. After staring at engine for about 15 minutes realized fuel line rubber hose was crimped past the fuel pump and that was causing engine to die, robbed other pieces of hose around engine to replace 2 inch hose and proceed to crank engine and wella... it starts and all is well again. WRONG.... get out of park start up first big hill on 2341 and almost get to top and engine dies again on steep grade. Need longer fuel line hose because piece I stole off engine is not long enough and generator hose is to small and no auto parts stores for at least 20 miles and of coarse no phone service. Now stuck on grade on hill praying 345 does not roll down the hill and passing vehicles don't hit me, night is approaching soon and emergency flashers I had on decide to go out also. Hike to farmers house and low and behold he has a shop in back with right size fuel line, now I know life is getting better and I can repair and start home...WRONG again, now fuel pump went out and little fuel that came up had water in it. Farmer has great idea and tells me he will get his little tractor and pull me up the hill into a side street ( bad idea ) but wife keeps saying you need to get it off the hill or you will get hit and with no flashers. So I say I will try this against my better judgement and hook up to tractor, let him try and pull it 3 inches and realized this would not work and I would probably start to roll down the hill pulling the tractor with me and kill both of us and I could see the headlines of the local paper... Friendly farmer tries to rescue Airstreamer on side of hill and Airstream drags tractor down hill and kills farmer, now Airstreamer wanted for manslaughter ! Anyway used farmers phone and my mechanic drove in from San Antonio and got there around 11 pm and brought alot of 5 gal. gas cans and a new small fuel pump but the big mechanical one was out also so we ran the fuel line and pump straight into the 5 gal. gas cans because of water in rigs gas tank and this is how I got back home around 1:30 in the morning. Otherwise rally was wonderful and enjoyed meeting the new ones that showed up and for the ones that kidded me about me flooding my engine on previous rally ( and you know who you are ) you should really enjoy this story...lol
TexasStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 12:42 PM   #53
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Smile I saw 2 Eagles!!!

Now how can I follow that sad tale of the trials and tribulations of Scot and his strange relationship with gasoline. Ok I can do it.
We were second to leave behind our German friends in their VW Motorhome, as we approached that first big hill, I said to Peter, look at that big bird flying over the campground, in the now blue sunny sky. Peter said I think it's an eagle look it has a white head it is an eagle saying good bye to us. What a nice farewell for a wonderful campout.
Scot you must have left last so sorry no one passed you and gave help, (or did you wave the others on past) At least you were with excellant company in a nice cozy AIrstream .
I think we all really enjoyed ourselves. We're getting to know everyone more and our no plan ,plan is making much fun, fab door prises and zero stress etc.
I really loved the lights around John and Charles's Airstream Dreamship at night the reflection was excellant I invision all of us lit up next time ,reds and blues and whites!
CatStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 03:39 PM   #54
2 Rivet Member

Last one out?

Anyone know how Scott and crew ended up? We were next to last, except David, and Scott's rig was still in the road, apparently no one home.

PS I'll take a real size photo of my trailer and the group to my e-mail address.

OOps there is a page two and now I know ........
Gerald Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 07:47 AM   #55
2 Rivet Member

1990 34.5' Airstream 345
Austin , Texas
Thanks to everone for a super weekend !
Glad to hear that Scott and Terrie made it home safely - although what an ordeal - Bravo.
Martha and John are showing early signs of A/S fever - curious of prices and want to check out the RV show in Austin next month - thanks to ya'll.
Am looking forward to future gatherings / get-a-ways.
David
90345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:46 AM   #56
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Smile Thanks

Thank for a great afternoon.
I can't wait too get my Argosy on the road so I can spend a weekend with ya'll.
Nana ( Germanshepard ) realy liked all the attention and took a long nap when we got home.

Don
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:46 PM   #57
2 Rivet Member

Had several pass and offer help and at that time thought I had it figured out which I did partially, didn't know both pumps went out till mechanic got there from San Antonio. All is well and just another learning experience. The stars in the clear sky were fantastic that night and got to see alot of wildlife leaving that late, spotlight on roof came in real handy.... We had another great time and sister and brother in law said to say hi to everyone as they really enjoyed the gathering and said everyone was so nice and want to attend again. Can't wait for next one and this time it will be without any " gas woes "
TexasStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 04:14 PM   #58
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 90345

Martha and John are showing early signs of A/S fever - curious of prices and want to check out the RV show in Austin next month - thanks to ya'll.

David
Alas, there will probably not be an Airstream dealer at the RV show unless the dealer in San Antonio comes up. Camper Clinic ducked the show last year because of the obscene cost of display space; I forget what they said space woudl cost them, but it sure raised my eyebrows! On the weekend of the show, however, Camper Clinic did have an open house set up at the dealership with a tent, serving BBQ, etc. and were promising show discounts.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:09 PM   #59
2 Rivet Member

1988 34' Excella
1993 30' Excella
Hillsboro , Texas
What a great trip! and lots of new firends, too!

Group photo:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	group.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	4606  
linc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 04:50 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Great Photo

Linc54:

Thanks for posting -

What a great get-together!

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737