Old 01-01-2015, 07:41 AM   #673
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
My plans have changed... I was going to have just an awesome time. Now I'm going to have a SUPER AWESOME time. Sorry for the last minute notice, and for those that have to cancel...

-Red, wondering if he should note his change of plans on the RSVP page...

Old 01-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #674
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Spanish Fort , Alabama
Canopener last minute tip #2

Happy New Year, folks! Continuing our offering of tips for Canopener 2015:

More Info for Potlucks

1. Please label your food dish. We have people who are allergic to certain foods, so labeling can be very important. Plus, sometimes it's hard to determine exactly what the food dish is when the table is full of other food items.

2. Bring your own plates/bowls and eating utensils for all potlucks.

3. Bring your own drinks. There will be coffee and juices at the breakfast potluck.

4. With the increased number of attendees this year, we may exceed the seating capacity of the clubhouse for the Thursday evening and Sunday morning potlucks. Suggest you bring along a chair just in case and be flexible if table space runs short.

Thanks and will keep you posted.
Tom

Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:15 AM   #675
roger58

1958 26' Overlander
Independence , Missouri
We are leaving Monday the 5th from Independence MO. We are flexible on our route if someone would like to join us and travel together.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #676
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
2006 23' Safari SE
Newark , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
Originally Posted by Luckyducks
What: Cynthia Thoede Memorial Cornhole Tournament
When: Friday, January 9 at noon
Where: Signup and tournament in front of site 156 on Wild Oak Lane
Entry Cost: $5

This year we are dedicating the tournament to Cynthia Thoede, a long-standing member of our Canopener family who passed away suddenly in September. She and her husband Jeff (Forum name Rivetng) were both known as fierce competitors once the old bag of corn started flying. The entry fee this year will be $5/competitor (or whatever amount over $5 you wish to contribute). All proceeds will be donated to the Gadsden Street United Methodist Church Children and Youth Programs, Pensacola, FL in memory of Cynthia’s dedication to the church and youth. Jeff will be attending and you will still have to fight him on the playing field!

In preparation for the tournament, we need additional cornhole boards (at least 2 more sets) and volunteers for judges/scorekeepers (instruction will be provided). Please sign up below if you are playing or can help. Last minute sign-ups at the tournament location are welcome. This is a single elimination tournament.

Rules and information on the game of cornhole are at: Official Rules for Corn Toss, Cornhole, Bean Bag and Bean Toss

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Players:
1. HowieE
2. Jeff T.
3. Pete

Can Bring Cornhole Boards:
1. Luckyducks
2. Rum Runner
3. Moonkitty

Judges/Scorekeepers:
1. Braith Eldridge
2. Annette Conoly - margaritas accepted as bribes, err... payment,I mean refreshment..

We always travel with our boards so we'll contribute. Pete just had a knee replacement end of November but he still wants to participate. I may join in but I'm really not a very good player.

Jeff, we'll be sure and attend Cynthia's tribute Friday night. I loved the video you did in her honor and look forward to watching it with everyone.

Leaving Monday from chilly Delaware. Looking forward to meeting and seeing everyone.

Beth and Pete
Old 01-01-2015, 01:09 PM   #677
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Canopener Rally Registration and Cancellations

Plans sometimes change at the last minute. If you have to cancel your plans to attend Canopener 2015 please let the rally organizers know by communicating your change of plans on the rally RSVP page. You will also need to separately advise the campground you are canceling your site reservation.

Likewise if you have a campground reservation, and are planning to attend Canopener but haven't yet registered with the rally, we ask you to note your plans on the rally RSVP page.

To record your plans on the RSVP page, go to the page, using the link below. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Click the appropriate button. In the "comment" square type in your site number and first names of the attendees if you are registering. If you are canceling, in the "comment" section indicate you are canceling and your site number.

Thank you for your help.

Canopener Rally Registration - RSVP
TAC FL-55 | WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #678

2005 28' Classic
geneva , Florida
RSVP for canopener rally jan 8-11

Bess and Bill site oo6 loop 100. 1s time attending excited. Coming from Geneva, fl. Wbcci # 32012
Old 01-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #679
The man with "no" plan

1995 30' Excella
Lakeland , Florida
Party time!

Crazy time of year for us but we made it through another year. Looking forward to seeing old friends. Have a new Chihuahua (rescue) to come along with the black pug. It appears that it will start warming up by the weekend. Theresa and I will plan on being there Wed around lunch time. See you all soon.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:21 PM   #680
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
We will not be able to attend. I left a message on the RSVP page. We have to cancel for this year. My mother in law is very ill. Thanks for all the hard work! I am sure everyone will have a good time.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:33 AM   #681
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Spanish Fort , Alabama
Canopener last minute tip #3

I am reprinting a post Luckyducks did last year, information still good for first-time attendees:

First time Canopenians

There are a number of you who are first time rally attendees. Sometimes new rally attendees ask what they are supposed to do during the rally. Other than choosing what events to participate in, the answer is just to walk around and talk to people. Of course, normal tourist activities are abundant in the area, but making friends and comparing Airstream notes seems to be the predominate activity. If you see a campfire going one evening, just crash the party. The fun factor is up to you!

Check out the beaches. The beaches of northwest Florida are absolutely beautiful, with sugar white sand and clear water. A lot of people visit the beach in Topsail Hill Preserve State Park (the state of Florida bought this beachfront tract to preserve it forever). From the campground, the beach is 3/4 of a mile away, so you might want to ride a bicycle (nice bike paths) or take the park's free tram.

Other than the beaches, Google Destin or San Destin for information on the area. There's a lot, I mean a lot, of shopping - you name the store, they probably have it.

Another thing to explore is the community of Seaside. It's about 30 minutes east of the campground and is a picturesque seaside town. The movie, The Truman Show with Jim Carrey, was filmed there. There are 5-6 Airstreams in the center of Seaside that are little restaurants.

Campfires

Topsail Hill Preserve State Park does not have fire pits or places to burn campfires. If you want a fire, you are allowed to bring a fire pit from home.
Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:44 AM   #682
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
Cornhole Tournament

What: Cynthia Thoede Memorial Cornhole Tournament
When: Friday, January 9 at noon
Where: Signup and tournament in front of site 156 on Wild Oak Lane
Entry Cost: $5

This year we are dedicating the tournament to Cynthia Thoede, a long-standing member of our Canopener family who passed away suddenly in September. She and her husband Jeff (Forum name Rivetng) were both known as fierce competitors once the old bag of corn started flying. The entry fee this year will be $5/competitor (or whatever amount over $5 you wish to contribute). All proceeds will be donated to the Gadsden Street United Methodist Church Children and Youth Programs, Pensacola, FL in memory of Cynthia’s dedication to the church and youth. Jeff will be attending and you will still have to fight him on the playing field!

In preparation for the tournament, we need additional cornhole boards (at least 2 more sets) and volunteers for judges/scorekeepers (instruction will be provided). Please sign up below if you are playing or can help. Last minute sign-ups at the tournament location are welcome. This is a single elimination tournament.

Rules and information on the game of cornhole are at: Official Rules for Corn Toss, Cornhole, Bean Bag and Bean Toss

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Players:
1. HowieE
2. Jeff T. (Rivetng)
3. Pete (Moonkitty)
4. Lisa (Chief Simba)

Can Bring Cornhole Boards:
1. Luckyducks
2. Rum Runner
3. Moonkitty

Judges/Scorekeepers:
1. Braith Eldridge
2. Annette Conoly - margaritas accepted as bribes, err... payment, I mean refreshment
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:59 AM   #683
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
I know this has to be simple, but how do I add my name to the cornhole tourney list? If I copy and paste, it loses all the bold font and italics.

-Red, making this harder than it is...
Old 01-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #684
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
FL Panhandle , Florida
Stratman, did you mean it when you titled your post "Party Time"? Some of us ladies like to dance, and you play a mean guitar!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:20 PM   #685
The man with "no" plan

1995 30' Excella
Lakeland , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foil-warped View Post
Stratman, did you mean it when you titled your post "Party Time"? Some of us ladies like to dance, and you play a mean guitar!
Last 2 years I brought my stuff only a few participated (the fun people) so I thought we'd do something else. Since I'm the back corner of the loop I thought I'd just light it up with my PAR 64's if the weather permits and DJ this year. I'll bring a microphone and we can use the PA system for the pot luck if we need it. Hope that's ok.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:00 PM   #686
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Wait, there will be fun people there? We may not come now...

-Red, allergic to fun...