Old 12-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #631
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtoaster View Post
That should work but try signing onto the main site again. And welcome to the world of Airstreams.
That did it. I logged off then logged on again and was able to RSVP. We can't wait to meet ya'll!

Old 12-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #632
2 Rivet Member

2002 25' Classic
Panama City , Florida
You will have a blast and will likely come back next year with your own Airstream. I also attended a Canopener when I was just dreaming of having one. I found my Airstream there and I have been attending ever since. I ;look forward to meeting you.

R/ Jose

Old 12-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #633
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Canopener 2015 Map Update 12-24-2014

Hello everyone. Only two weeks away from the big show.

There have been few changes in attendees and sites over the past few days. As a result at least two sites have opened up in the park. If you are looking for a site, check the state park reservations system or call the park.

I've updated the campground maps. See map links below:

Canopener 2015 Campground Map 103 Loop

Canopener 2015 Map Sites Outside 103 Loop

If you must cancel your plans to attend the rally, or haven't yet registered your attendance with the rally, please go to the Canopener Rally RSVP site and update your status. The park does not communicate reservations or cancellations to the rally organizers so the only way we have visibility is when you communicate through the rally RSVP page. Click on the link below, scroll to the bottom of the page, click the appropriate button, and put comments such as site number, first names of attendees, and arrival date in the comment box. Thank you for your help.

Canopener 2014 Reservation Page (RSVP)

Wishing everyone the best in this season of joy. Safe travels.
TAC FL-55 | WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:59 PM   #634
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Two weeks two weeks two weeks two weeks two weeks two weeks two weeks two weeks twe wooks twe wooks twe wooks twe wooks twe wooks wee tooks wee tooks wee tooks wee tooks!!!!

-Red, never good at tongue twisters...
Old 12-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #635
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
2007 20' Safari SE
Fuquay Varina , North Carolina
Let's Go

We are still hanging tight and looking forward to our first Canopener. This in spite of a diabetes diagnosis over the Thanksgiving weekend for our 5 month old new Mini Schnauzer-Reagan. Also he will have his neuter surgery on Jan 5th which had been postponed due to his diagnosis. The vet said he's clear to go. He and his brother Winston say "let's go, Mom and Dad". We've been waiting for this for a long time.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #636
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Ya know - you people already there or going to be there 1 week early (or more!) or stay 1 week later - I prominently stick my tongue out at you in jealous anger and frustration!!!

See you all there soon - wife and kid are rarin and ready to ride their new bikes Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1419645048.217940.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	229277

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #637
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
Our schnauzer is ill, too!

We were in NC for Thanksgiving. She came up lame in the rear legs and had some lymph node swelling. We had planned to have some dental work done due to a lot of really bad teeth and our vet attributed the problem to that. A week after the dental work she was still getting worse. Turns out she had contracted a bacterial infection that is atypical for dogs, but common in other animals including humans and reptiles. Only a very few of the common antibiotics are effective on this particular bacteria.

We think she got it in a highway rest stop, probably due to a weakened immune system from the teeth.

The reason I'm posting this is so many of us bring our pets along. We need to be very careful to keep them near us and watch them all the time. We have no idea how she got this but it nearly killed her and we aren't out of the woods yet. Haven't had the discussion with the vet yet but are hoping to be able to come. If not, I'll let folks on here know when I release our site.

Al

"You cannot reason someone out of a position they have not been reasoned into"

Al, K5TAN and Missy, N4RGO
2002 Classic 30 Slideout
S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
2001 Safari 25 RB Twin (Gone, but not forgotten)
WBCCI 1322, TAC FL-39, AIR 82265

Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #638
1 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Brandon , Mississippi
Unfortunately we will have to cancel our trip this year 😪. We have cows that we had hoped would be finished calving before we left, and we just don't feel good about leaving that responsibility on our son.

My parents were coming as well, so we will create 2 new site openings at noon tomorrow. We will be releasing site #80 and #82 if anyone is interested.

I really hate to cancel as we were really looking forward to our first rally ! Hope everyone has a safe trip and a wonderful time. See ya next year.

Kathy&Dylan
Joe the coonhound
streamtini23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #639
2 Rivet Member

2015 20' Flying Cloud
Watersound , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbee View Post
We are still hanging tight and looking forward to our first Canopener. This in spite of a diabetes diagnosis over the Thanksgiving weekend for our 5 month old new Mini Schnauzer-Reagan. Also he will have his neuter surgery on Jan 5th which had been postponed due to his diagnosis. The vet said he's clear to go. He and his brother Winston say "let's go, Mom and Dad". We've been waiting for this for a long time.

Our 9 year old yellow lab was diagnosed with diabetes two years ago. He receives 20units of insulin twice daily. He seems very happy, slowing down a bit but still enjoys everything he does.
Good luck and hope to see you there, you'll have a good time.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 12-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #640
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
2007 20' Safari SE
Our schnauzer is ill too

Al and Missy,
Rooting for your schnauzer girl that she will make a complete recovery. This sounds so scary that she became so sick from this strange bacteria.
Tom and Deborah and Winston and Reagan Schnauzers
Old 12-27-2014, 07:00 AM   #641
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
2007 20' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydogs View Post
Our 9 year old yellow lab was diagnosed with diabetes two years ago. He receives 20units of insulin twice daily. He seems very happy, slowing down a bit but still enjoys everything he does.
Good luck and hope to see you there, you'll have a good time.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Saltydogs:
Thanks for the encouragement. Hope to see you as well. We know that Canopener will be a great way for everyone who attends to begin a new year of adventure with new and old friends.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #642
roger58

1958 26' Overlander
Independence , Missouri
We are counting down the days also, and watching the weather forecast for next weekend, may have to depart a little early to miss some snow. Sissel and Sophia are ready for some warm weather (4 yr. and 18 month old Mini-Schnauzer's), looks like there will be many new friends for all of us to meet.
We will bring the following:

Thurs.
summer sausage, cheese and cracker platter

Sat.
fruit kabobs w/creamcheese-marshmellow dip

Sun.
steelcut oatmeal w/toppings
Old 12-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #643
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Spanish Fort , Alabama
Americana Under the Stars

Hope this finds you all enjoying your Christmas Holidays and that Santa was as gracious with you as he was with the Montgomery family.

As we enter final preparations for Canopener, I will be sending out several general information posts so please be watching for them.

By previous post, I advised you the entertainer for the "Americana Under the Stars" event at 6PM Thursday evening is Brian Smalley. I understand he is quite good and should be a great fit for our group.

Here is a link to Brian's website where you can get a taste for his music and see videos of his performances:

Brian Smalley Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos

Remember, this event is open to the public and will be at either the clubhouse or amphitheater depending on weather.

We will need to be finished with our chili and dessert potluck by that time and have cleaned up our location so we do not interfere with Brian's performance.
Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #644
Rivet Master

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
Our friends in 124 are about to cancel. Keep a close watch at ReserveAmerica, maybe someone will get lucky.