Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2015, 07:14 AM   #701
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
Cornhole Tournament

What: Cynthia Thoede Memorial Cornhole Tournament
When: Friday, January 9 at noon
Where: Signup and tournament in front of site 156 on Wild Oak Lane
Entry Cost: $5

This year we are dedicating the tournament to Cynthia Thoede, a long-standing member of our Canopener family who passed away suddenly in September. She and her husband Jeff (Forum name Rivetng) were both known as fierce competitors once the old bag of corn started flying. The entry fee this year will be $5/competitor (or whatever amount over $5 you wish to contribute). All proceeds will be donated to the Gadsden Street United Methodist Church Children and Youth Programs, Pensacola, FL in memory of Cynthia’s dedication to the church and youth. Jeff will be attending and you will still have to fight him on the playing field!

In preparation for the tournament, we need additional cornhole boards (at least 2 more sets) and volunteers for judges/scorekeepers (instruction will be provided). Please sign up below if you are playing or can help. Last minute sign-ups at the tournament location are welcome. This is a single elimination tournament.

Rules and information on the game of cornhole are at: Official Rules for Corn Toss, Cornhole, Bean Bag and Bean Toss

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Players:
1. HowieE
2. Jeff T. (Rivetng)
3. Pete (Moonkitty)
4. Lisa (Chief Simba)
5. Kevin (Panama Red) Coroni accepted as tokens of friendship...
6. Ed (DeltaQueen)
7. Bonnie (DeltaQueen)

Can Bring Cornhole Boards:
1. Luckyducks
2. Rum Runner
3. Moonkitty

Judges/Scorekeepers:
1. Braith Eldridge
2. Annette Conoly - margaritas accepted as bribes, err... payment, I mean refreshment
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:26 AM   #702
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Gal 61 View Post
Congratulations!
Can someone tell me how to post what I am bringing to the potluck?
Hi Texas Gal, see the info below I copied from Florida 55's post a couple of days ago. You need to do the RSVP to get badges, be shown on the map, and be on the list for door prizes. PM me if you need any help. Russ

" ... if you have a campground reservation, and are planning to attend Canopener but haven't yet registered with the rally, we ask you to note your plans on the rally RSVP page.

To record your plans on the RSVP page, go to the page, using the link below. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Click the appropriate button. In the "comment" square type in your site number and first names of the attendees if you are registering."

Canopener Rally Registration - RSVP
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:43 AM   #703
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Fairhope , Alabama
Volunteers for events:

A few weeks back I asked for volunteers to assist with our three main eating events and have listed the folks who responded below.

I know many more of you will come and help us with the set up and clean up chores, and you will be most welcome. Volunteers feel free to come help with any and all events.

Thursday evening Chili and Dessert: please arrive by 4PM at Clubhouse
Frank&Reba
Rumrunner
Firedog1
Tvketchum

Saturday afternoon potluck/block party: please arrive by 3:30PM at site 154
Phil and/or Sue (please do bring mike and stand)
Firedog1
Captain Hank
Al and Missy
Howie
Basscan
Rodsterinfl

Sunday breakfast potluck: please arrive by 8:30AM at Clubhouse
Riveting
Silverbee
Moonkitty
Paddledipper

If I missed anyone, please forgive me and come and assist at any and all functions you can. Many hands make light work and you will meet more people!

And thanks to all our volunteers!
Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:59 AM   #704
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
You can add Sharon and I to the lists.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #705
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
FL Panhandle , Florida
Party Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman View Post
Last 2 years I brought my stuff only a few participated (the fun people) so I thought we'd do something else. Since I'm the back corner of the loop I thought I'd just light it up with my PAR 64's if the weather permits and DJ this year. I'll bring a microphone and we can use the PA system for the pot luck if we need it. Hope that's ok.
So this means there will be dancing in the street? Cool! But we may have to refrain from the bra-throwing if it's too cool (cold) outside.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:32 AM   #706
4 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
1996 34' Excella
Florida Panhandle , Florida
Sunday breakfast potluck:[/B] please arrive by 8:30AM at Clubhouse

Riveting

Silverbee

Moonkitty

Paddledipper

I'll be there with bells on :-) ~ Joy
1997 Airstream Excella / 34' ~ The Sane Asylum
Paddledipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #707
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Canopener Map Update: January 3, 2015

As expected there have been seen a number of site and attendee changes over the past 48 hours. The name tags have been produced. If you are a late addition we will have the ability to hand write name tags. If you have your tags from last year, please bring the plastic name tag holders.

Below are links to the campground maps as of noon January 3.

Canopener 2015 Campground Map - Outside Loop 103

Canopener 2015 Campground Map - Loop 103

If you haven't yet registered with the rally (i.e. your name isn't on the map) please go to the RSVP page and register. Click on the link below, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the appropriate button. In the box type in your site number and the first names of the people attending. If you are a last minute cancellation, please communicate your cancellation in the same manner on the RSVP page.

Canopener 2015 Rally Registration (RSVP)
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #708
4 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Yonkers , New York
A few weeks back I asked for volunteers to assist with our three main eating events and have listed the folks who responded below.

I know many more of you will come and help us with the set up and clean up chores, and you will be most welcome. Volunteers feel free to come help with any and all events.

Frank&Reba

Rumrunner

Firedog1

Tvketchum

F450Harley ( Joshua)

Firedog1

Captain Hank

Al and Missy

Howie

Basscan

Rodsterinfl

F450Harley ( Joshua)

Riveting

Silverbee

Moonkitty

Paddledipper

If I missed anyone, please forgive me and come and assist at any and all functions you can. Many hands make light work and you will meet more people!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
F450Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #709
4 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Yonkers , New York
Players:

1. HowieE

2. Jeff T. (Rivetng)

3. Pete (Moonkitty)

4. Lisa (Chief Simba)

5. Kevin (Panama Red) Coroni accepted as tokens of friendship...

6. Ed (DeltaQueen)

7. Bonnie (DeltaQueen)

8. Joshua ( F450Harley)

Can Bring Cornhole Boards:

1. Luckyducks

2. Rum Runner

3. Moonkitty

Judges/Scorekeepers:

1. Braith Eldridge

2. Annette Conoly - margaritas accepted as bribes, err... payment, I mean refreshment

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
F450Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:10 PM   #710
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Fairhope , Alabama
Volunteers for events:

Frank&Reba
Rumrunner
Firedog1
Tvketchum
F450Harley ( Joshua)
MrPrez

Firedog1
Captain Hank
Al and Missy
Howie
Basscan
Rodsterinfl
F450Harley ( Joshua)
MrPrez

Riveting
Silverbee
Moonkitty
Paddledipper
MrPrez

Old 01-03-2015, 03:30 PM   #711

2016 28' International
Birmingham , Alabama
We can't make it, have made available site 41
egraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #712
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Canopener 2015

Frank&Reba
Rumrunner
Firedog1
Tvketchum
F450Harley (Joshua)
MrPrez
Panama Red (Kevin and Shelly)

Firedog1
Captain Hank
Al and Missy
Howie
Basscan
Rodsterinfl
F450Harley (Joshua)
MrPrez

Riveting
Silverbee
Moonkitty
Paddledipper
MrPrez

Old 01-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #713
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Alumitater, I hope I did that right. Sorry if I stepped in where I shouldn't have. Didn't know if we were free to add ourselves or not...

-Red, known to take control where he has no business...
Old 01-03-2015, 04:07 PM   #714
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foil-warped View Post
So this means there will be dancing in the street? Cool! But we may have to refrain from the bra-throwing if it's too cool (cold) outside.

If I can't throw my manssiere (or is it a "bro"), I don't want to attend... Tough up, sissies!

-Red, looking forward to tossing undergarments...
Old 01-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #715
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by egraham View Post
We can't make it, have made available site 41

But you were my neighbor... I promise I'll shower, and not stay up late playing my hip hop, funkalicious grooves, and wear pants... some...

-Red, is it me? It's me, isn't it...
Old 01-03-2015, 06:23 PM   #716
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Carrollton , Georgia
We are so excited to be attending our first AS rally. Actually just moved our AS to higher ground because of all the rain we are having in Georgia. Can't wait to perfect weather next weekend!
GWTFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:25 PM   #717
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Well, guess we are the first to arrive in the 103 loop. Couldn't stand the weather in Ohio anymore so we took off early. We ran the gauntlet this afternoon and drove straight down the middle of Alabama with Ohio State University license plate frames. We were only flipped the bird once (that I know of). I was a little disappointed to say the least. Anyway, this party has unofficially started, see y'all soon. Brad, if you guys are reading this, get your butts down here, we need more paddlers. Hope to see you two next year.

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 01-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #718
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Hmmm, party of two?

Don't party so hard you are played out by mid-week.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:35 AM   #719
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Fairhope , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
Alumitater, I hope I did that right. Sorry if I stepped in where I shouldn't have. Didn't know if we were free to add ourselves or not...

-Red, known to take control where he has no business...
Red:
You did just fine, and thanks for volunteering.
Look forward to meeting you.
Tom
Old 01-04-2015, 06:52 AM   #720
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Fairhope , Alabama
Schedule of Events

Good morning everyone.
Am posting the final Schedule of Events for you to peruse.
You will receive a copy in your welcome packet.

Weather forecast looks like cold with minimal chances of rain but bear in mind weather forecasting on the Gulf Coast is notorious for inaccuracy. Keep your fingers crossed and maintain flexibility. We'll have a great time no matter what.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, please travel safe. Robin and I arrive Tuesday afternoon and will be on site 122 in loop 103 should you have any questions or just want to stop by and say howdy.

Canopener 2015 Schedule of Events:

Thursday, January 8:

Chili and dessert pot luck (4:30PM): For the past couple of years we have had this event on Thursday evening which is a good opportunity for early arrivals to get together and have some fun and good food. Location will be the clubhouse or adjacent amphitheater depending on weather. Volunteers for this event please gather at clubhouse at 4PM for setup. This event only lasts one hour due to the following event.

Americana Under the Stars (6PM): As last year, Topsail is hosting an event called “Americana Under the Stars” Thursday evening from 6:00pm until 8:00pm and the entertainer will be Brian Smalley. This event is open to the public and we arranged the pot luck for late afternoon so we can attend and not interfere with the event. It will be at either the clubhouse or the amphitheater (TBA).

Friday, January 9:

Hike with the Ranger (9AM): This hike was a lot of fun last year and is a great morning light hike to some of the interesting parts of the preserve. The ranger explains local flora and fauna and points out some of the beauty of the park. Great for adults and kids alike. The hike will begin at the second tram station near site 91 and go along the paved hiking trail to the beach, which is about 3/4 mile each way. The ranger may also offer to include a trip to one of the freshwater dune lakes. This is a great introduction to the preserve.

Seminar (9AM): Something new this year, one of our attendee couples (2ColliesCan) has started a business called Kleen Tank which addresses something near and dear to all our hearts: waste tank cleaning and maintenance. They have volunteered to explain their process to anyone interested. The seminar should last about 20 minutes and will be at the clubhouse.

Cynthia Thoede Memorial Cornhole Tournament (noon): Luckyducks will host the cornhole tournament on Wild Oak Lane. The single elimination tournament kicks off at noon.

This year we are dedicating the tournament to Cynthia Thoede, a long-standing member of our Canopener family who passed away suddenly on September 27. She and her husband Jeff (Forum name Rivetng) were both known as fierce competitors and a force to be reckoned with once the old bag of corn started flying. The entry fee this year will be $5/competitor (or whatever amount over $5 you wish to contribute). All proceeds will be donated to the Gadsden Street United Methodist Church Children and Youth Programs, Pensacola, FL in memory of Cynthia’s dedication to the church and youth. Jeff will be attending and you will still have to fight him on the playing field! Volunteers for this event please gather at site 119 (Luckyducks) at 11:30AM for setup.

Saturday, January 10

Breakfast with the Ranger (9AM): In the past few years, the breakfast was prepared by the Friends of the Park or Camp Hosts at a cost of about $5/head, proceeds given to the Friends of the Park for park improvements. The ranger gives a history of the park, flora and fauna and other interesting information. Great event for adults and kids alike. This event is open to the entire park and is first come, first served, seating limited to about 80 people. It will be held at the clubhouse.

Trailer Open House (Noon): In your welcome packet you will receive a sign which you can post on front of your trailer indicating your Airstream is available for viewing during open house so you can show off the neat decorating ideas you have incorporated into your Airstream. Attendees will be walking around getting to know one another and having a great time.

Pot Luck dinner/Block Party (4PM): on Wild Oak Lane. This is a don’t miss opportunity to enjoy some of the finest food on the coast prepared by our attendees and is the main event of the rally. Meal will be followed by live music (Davis and Sax) provided courtesy of Foley RV. We will also be giving away door prizes provided by our contributors. Volunteers for this event please gather on Wild Oak in front of site 154 at 3:30PM for setup.

Sunday, January 11:

Potluck breakfast (9AM): served in the clubhouse. This will be our final event for the rally. Volunteers please gather at clubhouse at 8:30AM for setup.

Special Thanks to our Canopener contributors who provided door prizes, assistance or entertainment for our event:

Airstream, Inc.
Davis and Sax Entertainment, Gulfport, MS
Foley Airstream RV, Gulfport, MS
Highland Haven Airstream Park, Floyd, VA
Inland Airstream RV, Corona, CA
Kleen Tank, Sycamore, IL
Ranger Fred Provost, Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
Tennessee Cumberland Plateau Campground (TCPC) Airstream Park, Crossville, TN
Top of Georgia Airstream Park, Helen, GA

And a very special thanks to all the volunteers who made Canopener 2015 possible.