Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2014, 06:34 AM   #321
Firedog1

2018 30' Classic
Woodbridge Connecticut & , Venice Florida
YES, I will be at Canopener (site 141) Waiting for delivery now, Delay 2 weeks Im told should be built week of October 16. Patiently waiting. We will be happy to show it to you. Russ & Lisa
Sold but not forgotten: 2005 Classic 25 Limited
2015 Classic 30 RB
Firedog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #322
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedog1 View Post
YES, I will be at Canopener (site 141) Waiting for delivery now, Delay 2 weeks Im told should be built week of October 16. Patiently waiting. We will be happy to show it to you. Russ & Lisa

I don't know if I want to see it or not... I'd probably have extreme camper envy.

-Red

Ok, just kidding...
Old 10-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #323
Never Enough Rivets

2000 19' Bambi
2006 23' Safari SE
Pensacola , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
Whoa, hold on a second, who brought up pot brownies? I get drug tested regularly, so, if this is something that happens, I kind of need to know. Not going to blow a retirement this far into it...

However, sitting around the campfire, having a beer, I'm all in!

Really, I'm just looking forward to meeting everybody. Mrs. Red was watching the Canopener videos, and said, "Hey, these are our type of people..."

-Red,
Don't worry Red, most of this boozy banter is just that. Everyone has a good time regardless of their beverage of choice and most of the hard partying is a lot of "talk the talk", and no "walk the walk". After a couple of cocktails and a full belly most folks end up turning in early or napping around the campfire.
Rivetng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #324
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
To be clear I was totally kidding about the brownies

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #325
Never Enough Rivets

2000 19' Bambi
2006 23' Safari SE
Pensacola , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
To be clear I was totally kidding about the brownies

Then again!!!! He is the one using "Panama Red" as his handle. So it could be that Red "doth protest too much"?
Rivetng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #326
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Canopener 2015

Actually, I'm one of the ones who has a couple drinks and goes to sleep. As far as the other stimulants, I've been in the employment of the Feds, in one form or another, military, private contractor, or civilian employee, since 1982. I get drug tested REGULARLY... Also get the alcohol testing on a random basis, so, I don't get tore down as I did in what I refer to as "The Stupid Days".

I do enjoy a beer though, sometimes 2 or 3...

-Red, stone cold sober as he types...

Old 10-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #327
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
I don't get tore down as I did in what I refer to as "The Stupid Days".
Back when I was young and stupid— as opposed to old and stupid as I am now— I moonlighted in a French Quarter bar, and hung out at the bar often during my off-duty evenings because employee prices were "a dollar for anything." Beer, wine, top-shelf liquors, all a dollar a drink I was definitely a social drinker in those days*. But those days are long gone. At least I was able to quit cold-turkey without having to do the AA thing. I really feel sorry for those guys, who still define themselves as alcoholics no matter how long they've been dry. People ought to be able to forgive themselves for their imperfections and move on.

*A "social drinker" in New Orleans is a full-bore alcoholic anywhere else in the country! But what do you expect in one of the few American cities where it's perfectly legal to walk around with an open drink in your hand, as long as the container isn't glass? (If you drop a plastic cup or a metal can you just spill, but if you drop a glass bottle it breaks and could hurt somebody).
Old 10-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #328
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman View Post
Its been what seems like forever being on this forum. How is everyone doing?!
I am so happy that the Canopener has lasted this long. Hope you all have an awesome time this coming new year. As for me. I sold my Airstream and tow vehicle one year ago and now I am getting the camping bug again. Even my little girl keeps bringing it all the time so maybe I will be back and see all of you old and new friends once again. Have fun! Party hard and safe Travels.
Steve,

Good to hear from you! We are all indebted to your efforts. Hope all is well!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1073361.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	224353   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1073362.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	224354  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1073378.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	224355  
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #329
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Canopener 2015 Photo & Video Sharing

For a number of years the Canopener organizers have produced a "movie" of the Canopener event which incorporates both photographic images and actual video. A number of Canopener guests have contributed to the production of the Canopener movie by sharing photos or video they've taken. We plan to produce another video in 2015 incorporating photos and videos taken by organizers and guests.

To facilitate the sharing of images between attendees, during and after the event, we will be setting up a Flickr group site for Canopener 2015 attendees. When you check in at the rally, your packet will include information about the Flickr group site for Canopener attendees. Each attendee will be able to upload their own images and video to the site as well as see photos and videos taken by other Canopener attendees. The site will visible to the general public but only actual Canopener attendees will be able to upload content to the site. Here is a link to the Canopener 2013 Flickr photo sharing site to provide a perspective as to what the Canopener 2015 sharing site will look like:

Canopener Photo Sharing Site

There are two requests regarding use of the Canopener 2015 Flickr Photo and Video Sharing Site:
1) Since this is a family event, and a public site, all images submitted must conform to normal standards of decency and appropriateness. The site will be moderated and the moderators will be able to delete content as well as restrict users from uploading content. If in doubt about the appropriateness of material, we encourage you not to upload it.
2) By uploading to the site you will be agreeing to waive any copyright restrictions to use of your content and you will be placing the content in the public domain. You will also be agreeing to allow use of the images in the Canopener 2015 video as well as other materials produced by Canopener organizers to promote future Canopener rallies. If you wish to preserve intellectual property rights to your photos and videos you should not upload to the Canopener 2015 group site.

The annual Canopener movie is great fun to produce and seems to be appreciated by a broad audience. If you have ideas regarding content for, or execution of, this year's Canopener movie feel free to post on this thread or send me a PM. Suggestions for songs to be used as background music are particularly appreciated.

Here's a link to the video "teaser" for Canopener 2015 which incorporates photos from Canopener 2014. Canopener videos for 2013 and 2014 are posted on YouTube and can be found using YouTube's search capability.

Canopener 2015 Video Trailer
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #330
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Greeeaaat... I finally get myself calmed down a bit, and you go and stir it all back up again.

-Red

CANOPENER!!! WOOOOOOOOT!

This thing better be fun. I've got it built up pretty big in my head...

Old 10-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #331
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Red, It will only be as fun as you make it.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #332
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
It's on the beach - we ain't at work - that's all the expectations I need - cept maybe a bit a decent weather

Btw - what can I expect as far as weather in that region come thanksgiving? I'll be at port st joe for 4 day weekend

Old 10-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #333
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Red, It will only be as fun as you make it.

Good, 'cause I can make it pretty darned fun...

-Red
Old 10-16-2014, 07:09 AM   #334
2 Rivet Member

1985 27' Sovereign
Jonestown , Texas
Kathy and Dylan,
We look forward to meeting you as well. This will be our first really rally. Been to a couple non-rally, rallies :-)
The airstream owners are all so interesting and smart. We've really enjoyed getting to know people. They are a fun bunch.
Debbie and Clarence
Texas Gal 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:07 PM   #335
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Gal 61 View Post
The airstream owners are all so interesting and smart...
Ummmmm, have you actually read this thread? Bunch of bourbon glazed pot brownie eating drunks it sounds like...

-Red, sticking to peach cobbler, if it's available...
Old 10-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #336
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Canopener 2015

Hey - please for Pete's sake - don't lump pot heads with those immoral and unruly drinkers

(Note: to be clear I AM joking - i do not not condone any illegal use of substances

Old 10-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #337
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Hey - please for Pete's sake - don't lump pot heads with those immoral and unruly drinkers
My apologies to all the forum pot heads...

-Red
Old 10-16-2014, 07:36 PM   #338
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Dear Pharm420Geek, does this mean you won't be bringing brownies to the potluck?

-Red
Old 10-16-2014, 08:20 PM   #339
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Looking forward to January. Working a lot till then. Then taking some time off for CanOpener.
BassCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:38 PM   #340
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Weather or not, we're together...hmmmm

Quote:
It's on the beach - we ain't at work - that's all the expectations I need - cept maybe a bit a decent weather

Btw - what can I expect as far as weather in that region come thanksgiving? I'll be at port st joe for 4 day weekend

At a Rally it doesn't matter much to me what the weather is like. It's like a bonus if it's nice.

A couple years ago, for the CanOpener, it got down to 14 degrees overnight Friday, and 18 on Saturday night. We went further south (Sarasota) for Sunday evening, and it only got down to 24 overnight. Ironically, it was the first time since 2006 (when we moved to Georgia from Illinois) that we had to break out our winter coats.

I do not know what Thanksgiving weather is like though.

And PotLuck is in reference to the cooking container: as Alan said, we're not in Washington or Colorado.

Phil

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote