Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #941
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
The full video will play on my IPad but I get no sound track. On my TV I did find the preview but not the full video.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 02-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #942
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
Very nice!

Good job and thanks for the memories!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #943
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesrob View Post
Howie, you were able to get your Directv bills to go to Topsail. A man with those skills should be able to get videos to go to your iphone!
Touché

But I have to admit I had help with that.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #944
The man with "no" plan

1995 30' Excella
Lakeland , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida 55 View Post
The Canopener 2014 movie is finally released. The video is a collaborative effort incorporating photography and video submitted by the attendees. The three songs used for the music track are all available on iTunes. The artists and the songs are noted in the credits. If you like the music please support the artists by purchasing a song.

There were many great pictures I was unable to incorporate in this film. I tried to include a representative sample of the work submitted while giving an accurate portrayal of the spirit of the rally. I hope you'll enjoy viewing this film as much as I enjoyed pulling it together.

And now:

Canopener 2014 - The Movie
What an awesome job! The music is great. And my little black pug is a Star! Yeah!
JT
Old 02-07-2014, 08:45 AM   #945
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Video won't play on iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
The full video will play on my IPad but I get no sound track. On my TV I did find the preview but not the full video.
Michael,

Here is a link to a thread on an Apple forum that discusses the problem of YouTube videos not playing on iPads and possible solution. I hope it works.

No Audio for YouTube Videos
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Old 02-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #946
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Michael,

When search for the YouTube video on a television, you may have to actually key in the exact name of the video which is:

Canopener 2014 Airstream Rally - Topsail Hill Preserve State Park

I also had trouble finding the video on the YouTube app of my Sony television at home.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #947
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Canopener 2014 Video Will not Play on TV

I've discovered why the Canopener 2014 video will not play on televisions and mobile devices. Only videos for which the contributor has signed up for "monetization" will be syndicated for smart TV's and mobile devices. Monetizing a video has certain copyright issues I don't want to deal with, plus I produced the video for the joy of the audience and not to make money. I selected not to monetize the video so YouTube has restricted its use on certain devices.

100% of the revenue from ads that appear on the screen when you currently play the video go to the artists of the songs used in the video and YouTube. You can eliminate the ads by clicking on the "X" in the corner of the ad box. If you like the music I hope you'll support the artist by buying the tune.

The inconvenience some of you have experience viewing the video on your mobile devices is unfortunate but apparently unavoidable. I hope everyone has a chance to view the video on your desktop or laptop computer and enjoy the rally again.

Canopener is a special event. My only objective in producing the video was to capture the essence of the event to share with participants and the entire Airstream community. It is unfortunate there are limitations beyond my control on the extent of sharing feasible.

I appreciate the kind compliments I've received for this production as well as the contributions of photographs and video from many Canopenians.

Sunnygirl and I have made our reservations and look forward to our fourth Canopener in 2015!
Old 02-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #948
Never Enough Rivets

2000 19' Bambi
2006 23' Safari SE
Pensacola , Florida
May I have your attention please

Now that we have RSVP'd for Canopener 2015, I know that the 2014 thread will soon become white noise. Before it goes away entirely I would like to reluctantly announce that our Bambi will be for sale.

We have had a 6 year love affair with Bambi and some of you know all the upgrades and refinishing that Cynthia and I did to her. It just goes to show, you get your rig just the way you like it, and then you move on. Not to worry, we will still be living in aluminum. We have made a deal on a 2006 Safari SE 23'. It's a lot like our 19' Bambi but has more room to socialize. I wanted the Canopians to hear about it first before we place it in the classifieds because over the years many folks have made comment that they might like to downsize and loved all the storage in ours. We will miss the added cabinets. I'll have to get creative with the new rig, lots of pretty windows, not a lot places to put stuff.

Bambi will not officially be available to purchase until the end of March. We can't get our Safari until Spring Break and Cynthia insists that we travel the 2200 miles to get it, bring it home, sit it next to Bambi and then she will know if she plans to keep the Safari or not. My opinion is so long as the new trailer doesn't have stray dogs living in it, and you can flush the toilet, we will be keeping it.

So if you, or someone you know, would be interested in our 19' paradise on wheels, let us know.

Jeff (850) 232-3171

Old 02-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #949
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Jacksons Gap , Alabama
Jeff, You do have a nice 19ft and I don't think any problem finding a buyer. I decided to trade our 19ft after the dealer offered me the price that I was going to list it. I had already negotiated a price on the new one. Wouldn't you guess, the new owner was at the dealer ready to take my 19ft home when we arrived to pick up the new one. The dealer had essentially sold my 19ft before I arrived. The salesman did say the 19's and 20's were very popular. I will be anxious to check out your 23ft and all of the refinements that you will make. You are a creative guy.
Frank
Old 02-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #950
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Space Coast area , Florida
Gator Bark from Saturday Pot Luck Dinner

I apologize that I took so long to post this recipe that so many you asked from the Saturday night pot luck dinner. I hope all of you enjoy it. For those of you don’t who want to make it yourself, I plan on making again next year.

Lisa

GATOR BARK

Line a jelly roll pan with foil
Spray with Pam
Cover with saltines (if will need to break some of them to fill in entire pan)
In a sauce pan, melt 1 ½ cups of butter and 1 ½ cups of brown sugar
*** Make sure brown sugar completely dissolves and you don’t burn it
Pour this mixture over your saltines; make sure saltines are covered
Bake at 400 degrees for exactly 10 minutes
Remove from the oven and cover with at least 12 ounces of chocolate chips
*** Use whichever chocolate chips you prefer
Wait 5 minutes then spread the melted chocolate chips around
***You can leave it plain or sprinkle on chopped nuts
Put entire pan into the refrigerator
When it cools and becomes hard, peel it off the foil and break it up into the size pieces you desire.

Enjoy
Old 02-09-2014, 09:04 AM   #951
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Lisa, thanks for the recipe, it was so good it is probably illegal somewhere in the world.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 02-10-2014, 06:48 AM   #952
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Hey all just a thought. Would the attendees with kids like to try to book in the same area? That way it's easer for the kids to play together? It looks like we can make reservations now.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #953
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Good idea! How about 108,110,112 or over in the other loop?? These will go quick

Rob
Old 02-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #954
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
We are in 139

Old 02-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #955
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
#112 is no longer available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatiero View Post
Good idea! How about 108,110,112 or over in the other loop?? These will go quick

Rob
We're in #112!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #956

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Folks this thread is now closed. Please post in the Canopener 2015 thread going forward.

On behalf of the site team.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Closed Thread