Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #295
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
Schedule of Events

Here's the preliminary Schedule of Events for the upcoming Canopener Rally. Note - additional details for many of these events will be published separately within the next month.

Schedule of Events

Thursday, January 9 (4:30pm) Happy Hour/Chili Potluck. A get-together for early arrivers. Bring chili, side dish, or a dessert. Hosted in the clubhouse by Kate and Don (AirForums name is StreamNTyme). A signup list will be posted.
Friday, January 10 (9:00am) Ranger-led Hike. Led by a Topsail Hill State Park Ranger, this hike will explore one of the more interesting areas of the park. More details to follow.
Friday, January 10 (Noon) - Cornhole Tournament. Very popular last year, the tournament will again be a single elimination tournament. This event is being coordinated by Stan and Lynn (AirForums name is StanandLynn).
Friday, January 10 (6:00pm) - Meet and Greet. Located in the clubhouse from 6:00 to 8:00pm. Bring your own drinks and maybe an appetizer or dessert.
Saturday, January 11 (9:00am) - Breakfast with the Ranger. Join a Ranger to learn about the history of the park. Ask questions about the park, its wildlife, or anything. Cost is anticipated to be $5 for adults and $3 for children. This event will be a little different than the last couple of years. We are back on schedule (the second Saturday of each month) for the breakfast to be hosted by the Friends of Topsail Hill State Park. The event will be open to the whole campground (mostly aluminum anyway) and is first come first served (limit of 80). Located in the clubhouse.
Saturday, January 11 (Noon) - Trailer Open House. For those of you who are willing to open your trailer up, this is the time. This is optional as we understand not everyone wants to open up their living space for public inspection. Rick and JJ Foley (owners of Foley RV/Airstream of Mississippi in Gulfport, Mississippi) (AirForums name is Overlander & Sea) and Ron and Renee Lester (hes the Foley RV Sales Manager) (AirForums name is Ron ASMS) are bringing a new Airstream for your viewing.
Saturday, January 11 (4:00pm) Block Party/Potluck Dinner. Bring a dish. A signup list will be posted. Like last year, the event will be located on Wild Oak Lane.
Saturday, January 11 (7:00pm) Entertainment/Door Prizes. You don't want to miss this. The entertainment this year will be provided by JT (AirForums name is stratman). In addition to an entertaining show from JT, get ready for karaoke! In addition, the door prizes are great - donated by Foley RV and Airstream, Inc.
Sunday, January 12 (9:00am) - Potluck Breakfast. Bring a dish. A signup list will be posted. Clubhouse opens at 8:00am.

AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 11-07-2013, 05:02 AM   #296
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Potluck Dinner and Breakfast Signup

Please add to this list what dish you are bringing to the dinner and breakfast potlucks. To add your name/food items to the list - copy everything below the dashed line, paste into a new post, then add your stuff. If you don't know how to do the copy and paste thing, just do a post with your food items and someone else will add it to the list.

Also please put a label on the dish as to what the dish is. We have attendees who have certain allergies and it isn't always apparent what the dish is when you look at it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday Potluck Dinner

Luckyducks - Sweet and Spicy Meatballs

Sunday Potluck Breakfast

Luckyducks - Something sweet

AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 11-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #297
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Happy Hour/Chili Potluck Thurs. 9th Sign Up

For all those arriving early we will gather for drink and chili at the Club House at 4:30 PM on Thurs. Jan. 9th.
Please bring your drink and something to share. We expect to need about 5 pots of chili, sides and desserts.

To add your name/food items to the list - copy everything, paste it into a new post, then add your item. If you don't know how to do the copy and paste procedure, just do a post with your food item and someone else will add it to the list.

Thurs. Pot Luck Sign Up:

StreamNTyme - Chili
Old 11-07-2013, 07:23 AM   #298
2 Rivet Member

2014 16' Sport
Palm Coast , Florida
Thurs. Pot Luck Sign Up:

StreamNTyme - Chili

Dblackb (Breezin') - Chili
Old 11-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #299
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Saturday Potluck Dinner

m.hony - tamales

Sunday Potluck Breakfast

1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
Old 11-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #300
4 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia
Thursday Chili Potluck
StreamNTyme - Chili
Dblackb (Breezin') - Chili

Saturday Potluck Dinner

m.hony - tamales
karenjude and nilesrob - Chicken Taco stew

Sunday Potluck Breakfast

Old 11-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #301
Rivet Master

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
I've heard Margaritaville may open again this year around noon on Friday, somewhere close to the site of the Corn Hole tournament, if its not too cold, if the weather is clear and if the bartender is in the mood. I've also heard the folks that do the Bloody Mary's Saturday morning will be springing for the Tequila for Margaritville. Life is good.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #302
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
It is hard to sit on the beach and drink rum all day if you don't start early! Or in this case, tequila.
Heading down to Mexico the first week of December to do some practicing.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 11-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #303
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
It is hard to sit on the beach and drink rum all day if you don't start early! Or in this case, tequila.
Heading down to Mexico the first week of December to do some practicing.
Ouch... I feel hungover already...
Old 11-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #304
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverflames View Post
Ouch... I feel hungover already...
That is what the Bloody Mary's are for Saturday morning.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 11-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #305
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
So- I decided I wanted my spot from Thursday night to Sunday night- it was originally Friday and Saturday night.
I could not see how to change the reservation on the website so I called them.
Apparently you have to pay $10 to change a reservation-
So, let me make sure I understand-
I am already staying 2 nights and decide I want to stay 4- I am already paying twice as much- and you want to charge me $10 to change the reservation?
What if I make 2 separate reservations, 1 for Thursday night and 1 for Sunday night, and end up with 3 reservations for 4 nights on the same site? You can do this and NOT charge the $10 fee to change the reservation? OK. That's what we will do. Go figure...
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
Old 11-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #306
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
So- I decided I wanted my spot from Thursday night to Sunday night- it was originally Friday and Saturday night.
I am already staying 2 nights and decide I want to stay 4- I am already paying twice as much- and you want to charge me $10 to change the reservation?
What if I make 2 separate reservations, 1 for Thursday night and 1 for Sunday night, and end up with 3 reservations for 4 nights on the same site? You can do this and NOT charge the $10 fee to change the reservation? OK. That's what we will do. Go figure...
Sounds like you are the one who needs the bloody Marys!
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #307
3 Rivet Member

On the Lake , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtoaster View Post
I've heard Margaritaville may open again this year around noon on Friday, somewhere close to the site of the Corn Hole tournament, if its not too cold, if the weather is clear and if the bartender is in the mood. I've also heard the folks that do the Bloody Mary's Saturday morning will be springing for the Tequila for Margaritville. Life is good.
Hmmm, sounds like the bartender from Margaritaville has been sampling one too many of his 'crazy concoctions'. But the good news is the fine folks from Bloody Mary Saturday are thrilled to announce that Margaritaville has agreed to supply the 5gal bucket 'o' vodka needed for BMS!!! Thanks Greg - you're the best
Old 11-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #308
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
I've done that! But the risk is if you cancel out, then you have to pay the $17 or whatever cancellation fee for each reservation. Ouch! Russ

AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Closed Thread