View Poll Results: What is your preference for Friday nite post-dinner activites:
Mixed Talent Show, which includes Karaoke 4 11.11%
I have a talent that I would be willing to showcase 0 0%
Quiet "meet & greet" at the clubhouse 19 52.78%
Trolling the campground for a campfire group to visit 18 50.00%
None of the above......I can't stay awake after dinner 1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #99
1 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1989 32' Excella
Cumming , Georgia
Everyone knows me as Airstreemer but when I signed up for the Air Forum I was spending a lot of time flyfishing. That's then this is now...
We are coming to the Can Opener and we will be in site 167.
Steve & Chris Rosenthal

Old 10-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #100
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
And, then there were two.....

sites remaining in the 100 loop: #107 & #112. We have now topped 100 attendees for Canopener 2012.

Site map has been updated: Canopener Site Map - Photo Gallery

It appears that three Airstreamers have dropped off the RSVP page, but I don't think they have cancelled their sites (maybe someone snagged them right away). Nirvana, Mr. & Mrs. Rivet, and Paul & Dee.....if you folks are still coming, would you mind re-posting your info on the RSVP page?

In a couple of days (when the poll ends.....see start of this thread.....you did vote, right), I will post the event times/info and start a signup for the potlucks.

Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #101
Rivet Master

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
Chief, I'm not absolutely sure but I don't think Nirvana ever posted to the RSVP list when they signed up. Hopefully they have not cancelled.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #102
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Canopener 2012 Update

Only one site left.....and, it's a pull-thru!

The poll for the Friday “after dinner” activities ended, and you are to be congratulated….over 70% response…..outstanding! It ended in a virtual tie between the clubhouse and campfires, so let’s do a bit of both. The following is an outline of the few “scheduled” Canopener activities:

Friday/6 Jan: For those that desire, the clubhouse will be open 6-8:00 PM for socializing (bring your favorite beverage). Weather permitting, around 8:00 PM we’ll start roaming to find any friendly campfires.

Saturday/7 Jan (1:00 PM): Open House Tour commences at the starting point of your choice. If you wish to open your trailer for viewing, Luckyducks (site #119) will have Open House signs for those who didn’t save last year’s.

Saturday/7 Jan (5:00 PM): Clubhouse will be open for last minute food prep and setup. Potluck Dinner commences at 6:00 sharp! JT (Stratman) has graciously volunteered to provide us with musical entertainment after dinner.

Sunday/8 Jan (8:00 AM): Clubhouse will be open for food/coffee prep. Potluck Breakfast at 9:00 AM.

There will be no raffle or breakfast with the Ranger this year. It is possible that the Saturday morning breakfast with the Ranger will be added later.

Important (please read)
Due to the huge turnout this year, we will overrun the capacity of clubhouse seating. The clubhouse is still the best place to have the potluck, due to the facilities. However, I can guarantee that there will not be enough seating at the tables for everyone……it’s just not physically possible. So, I ask that everyone be prepared to either: provide their own chair/small table, or if you prefer…eat while standing. Hopefully, those that went through the line first, and have finished, will give up a seat to anyone standing. If the weather permits, we will open the door out to the porch for additional seating. It will be very crowded, but I know all of you wonderful streamers will be flexible and will once again make the potluck a great event.

For First-Time Canopener Attendees
Canopener is a really laid-back affair, with very little structure….probably a reason for past successes. About the only thing we schedule is food and drink. Much of the fun is just getting out and mingling with other streamers, swapping lies, meeting old friends and making new ones. You will probably encounter a lot of “unscheduled” activities, such as: impromptu happy hours (morning and evening), visits to the beach, hikes within the Topsail Preserve, shopping trips to the Outlet Mall, etc. The whole idea is to have fun…..and, we’ve been doing a pretty good job of that for several years.

I will be out-of-pocket for the next couple of weeks, enjoying some “leaf peeping” in the mountains of TN, GA, AL.

Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 10-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #103
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Potluck Dinner & Breakfast Signup

OK...here's the annual test to see if everyone can follow directions. To add your name/food items to the list......copy everything below the dashed line, paste into a new post, then add your stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday Potluck Dinner

Chief (actually MzChief) - bread pudding w/Jack Daniels sauce

Sunday Potluck Breakfast

Chief - scrambled eggs, coffee (10 cup pot)

AIR # 22776
Old 10-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #104
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
2011 30' International
mooresburg , Tennessee
Just reserved 112. See you in Jan.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #105
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday Potluck Dinner

Chief (actually MzChief) - bread pudding w/Jack Daniels sauce
Homemade {from scratch} baked beans. Sal.

Sunday Potluck Breakfast

Chief - scrambled eggs, coffee (10 cup pot)[/QUOTE]
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
Old 10-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #106
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
Site 114 is now open. We are not going to make it down. My mother-in-law is 86 and in very poor health do to a stroke. We were hoping that things would improve enough to make the trip but not to be. We so much wanted to be there for our first trip to Florida w/our AS. Maybe next year.

Everyday is a Saturday
Old 10-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #107
Nirvana

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Gulf Breeze , Florida
Rsvp

Looks like I failed the first test - I apparently didn't rsvp in a timely and proper manner. We will be in site 108. Looking forward to it!

Don & Brenda
Old 10-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #108
CalamonTin

2008 30' Classic
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkasten
Site 114 is now open. We are not going to make it down. My mother-in-law is 86 and in very poor health do to a stroke. We were hoping that things would improve enough to make the trip but not to be. We so much wanted to be there for our first trip to Florida w/our AS. Maybe next year.
Sorry you won't be able to make the event and your MIL continues to improve. I made a reservation last night to attend my first event and was lucky enough to secure space 114. I'll send pictures.
Peter
ProPride 3P, 1400 hitch
1974 RHD TR-6
Old 10-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
Peter, glad you got the spot. We hope to be there next year.

Everyday is a Saturday
Old 10-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #110
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
Silsbee , Texas
We won't be making it this year...Darn! Looks like it's going to be a full house too. I'm really going to miss Annette's Bloody Mary's and socializing with all you great fellow Airstreamers. I'm still praying we can pull it off the last minute...but it just doesn't look good.
Debbie & Craig
Old 10-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #111

1968 17' Caravel
Macclenny , Florida
Looking forward to our first Can Opener - staying in site #49 in our 1968 Caravel. Patty and Roger
Old 10-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #112
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiwahine View Post
We won't be making it this year...Darn! Looks like it's going to be a full house too. I'm really going to miss Annette's Bloody Mary's and socializing with all you great fellow Airstreamers. I'm still praying we can pull it off the last minute...but it just doesn't look good.
Debbie & Craig

As long as there is hope, we'll leave the light on for you.
Annette and Joe