View Poll Results: What is your preference for Friday nite post-dinner activites:
Mixed Talent Show, which includes Karaoke 4 11.11%
I have a talent that I would be willing to showcase 0 0%
Quiet "meet & greet" at the clubhouse 19 52.78%
Trolling the campground for a campfire group to visit 18 50.00%
None of the above......I can't stay awake after dinner 1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #295
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Comforting the Nametag Dude

[QUOTE= For better service, please bring beer or bourbon .[/QUOTE]

Just put some Old Crow in a Jack Daniels bottle......he'll never know the difference!

Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 12-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #296
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Joliet , SW of Chicago
Topsail Canopener

Although the weather has been sadly cold to cool without much sun to speak of, we feel fortunate during this, our first trip to Florida with Chuck, the truck and Lucy2', our AS, to be currently camped in Topsail Hill on #152. While we will need to move on due to other campers' New Year's and Canopener reservations, those of you Airforums ppl who have not camped in Topsail, will be delighted with this state park! The grounds are well-cared for, the staff is friendly & helpful, the facilities are clean and available, and the beach surf sounds and soft white sands will exceed one's expectations! Further, this morning, I met one of the CG's volunteers who will be serving one of breakfasts! Great folks! Indeed, this place is a sweet piece of Southern charm; enjoy your rally!

Old 12-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #297
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Canopener Pictures and Video

Previously I stated that my video camera would not be coming to Canopener 12......but, that was before I treated myself to a new HD camera for Christmas. Couple that to a new iMac, and I can't resist putting something together again this year. So, if you are in the "Witness Protection Program," or attending Canopener with someone you don't want the world to know about, or......simply don't want your mug possibly showing up on the Internet.....tell me in advance. It is really difficult to edit people out after a movie is produced.

Canopener time is almost here, and I will post some final updates tomorrow. But, to add a bit of excitement, here is a preview of things to come:

(This is in HD, just click the 720p button in the lower right of the video screen.....default is 360p)

AIR # 22776
Old 12-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #298
Rivet Master

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
Wow, can't wait until this hits the theaters!!!! How much are tickets?

VERY impressive Chief. I'm already looking forward to the sequel.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #299
Rivet Master

Marietta , Georgia
The rules of of my parole dictate that I cannot leave the state so please mark the video as being created in southern GA - thanks.
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271

travelwiththeslowskys.com
Old 12-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #300
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS! But very cool.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #301
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Saturday Potluck: Thanks to everyone who has already signed up for the dinner…..it is always a memorable event with some great food. This past weekend we had a chance to count tables/chairs in the clubhouse. There are enough hard tables/chairs to seat 88 people, and folding chairs for another 30. What this means is that it will be crowded and not everyone will get a comfortable seat inside…..some may end up standing, or on the porch. I ask for your patience and understanding. We will make every effort to arrange the seating for maximum effect. On that note, I need to ask for two things:
  • Folding table that you wouldn’t mind loaning for the potluck dinner.
  • Volunteers to help arrange tables/chairs for the potluck dinner…..and volunteers to re-arrange the tables/chairs after the potluck breakfast on Sunday. I would like to arrange the seating immediately following the Saturday morning breakfast with the Ranger (approx 10:30).
Please PM me concerning either of the above.

If possible, please label your potluck dish (this will help those with food allergies and speed up the serving line).

Wi-Fi is now available in the park (not the whole park, but is accessible near the Clubhouse and Country Store).

The following is an expanded Schedule of Events (a link to a short printable list is at the end of this post):

Thursday/5 Jan: For the early arrivals, James Rogers is hosting an informal appetizers/wine tasting at Site #122. You can sample some of Jim’s homemade wines, or bring your own. An appetizer to share would be appreciated. There is a rumor that chili is being provided by Jim and Luckyducks……so, bring whatever you think might go with chili and wine.

Friday/6 Jan: Arrival day for most. Meet and greet/pickup your nametag from Greg (Roadtoaster - site #155). Some individuals/groups head out for dining at local restaurants. If going to Red Bar remember: no credit cards and they do not split checks. Best pizza in the world is at Fat Daddy’s.

Friday/6 Jan (6:00 PM): Clubhouse open for happy hour, lie-telling, etc. BYOB and lies. Weather permitting, we will start trolling for friendly campfires around 8:00 PM.

Saturday/7 Jan (9:00 AM): Breakfast at the Clubhouse with Park Volunteers and Ranger. Eggs, Pancakes, Coffee and Juice for $4.00. Prior signup required.

Saturday/7 Jan (1:00 PM): Open House Tour for those who wish to show their Airstreams. Hope you remembered to pickup your Open House sign from Russ (Luckyducks-site #119).

Saturday/7 Jan (5:00 PM): Clubhouse open for potluck setup, and a pre-dinner Happy Hour.

Saturday/7 Jan (6:00 PM): Potluck Dinner Time. “Stratman” (JT) has graciously volunteered to provide after dinner entertainment again this year. For those not wishing to remain in the clubhouse after dinner, “The Rivets” (Tim & Alice) have generously donated site #141 for a campfire gathering, complete with a professional fireman.

Sunday/8 Jan (9:00 AM): Potluck Breakfast. Clubhouse will be open at 8:00 for setup and coffee prep.

Condensed Schedule of Events: 2012 Canopener Schedule - Photo Gallery
I'm bumping this for anyone who may have missed the original post, along with some additional info:

- Saturday morning "Breakfast with the Ranger" signup is now closed, and the number forwarded to the volunteers that are organizing the breakfast. Please....if you must cancel, let me know and if you signed up, please show up. The volunteers are purchasing food based on the number that I gave them, so if folks don't show up and we're short of dough.....I think I know who may have to make up the difference.

- We now have 67 Airstreams, and 131 bodies, signed up for Canopener.....this may be a record! About one-third are first-time attendees, and about one-third will be early arrivals on Thursday. An updated sitemap is here: Canopener Site Map - Photo Gallery

- We will have lights, and heat, on the porch for potluck overflow (thanks guys for the propane heaters). I still need a couple more volunteers for either Saturday setup/cleanup or Sunday cleanup. And, we could possibly use a couple more folding dining tables....if anyone cares to volunteer.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.....whatever you prefer to call it! We're heading to TN for a few days.

Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 12-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #302
Country Comfort Farm

1996 34' Excella
Andersonville , Georgia
Matt, we are new to this but want to contribute. Would bring marinated vegetable salad on Saturday and cranberry nut bread for Sunday. Have RSVP'd as ccfbb (country comfort) but will modify that to allow for badges for Judy and I. Anything else you'd advise?

Dick Martiny (Country Comfort or ccfbb)
Old 12-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #303
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfbb View Post
Matt, we are new to this but want to contribute. Would bring marinated vegetable salad on Saturday and cranberry nut bread for Sunday. Have RSVP'd as ccfbb (country comfort) but will modify that to allow for badges for Judy and I. Anything else you'd advise?

Dick Martiny (Country Comfort or ccfbb)
Thanks for signing up on the RSVP page. That, and letting us know that you're coming to the potlucks, is about it. Unfortunately, the Saturday morning breakfast list is closed, but if you're interested in attending let me know via PM and I will put you on the "wait list" in case of cancellations.

I know it's a lot of reading, but as a first timer you might want to wade through some of the posts on this thread to get an idea of what to expect. It's a very laid back rally with very few structured events.......about the only thing we try to schedule is where/when to eat......something that is important to Airstreamers!

If you get a Christmas wish.....make it for good Canopener weather. This week would have been perfect......highs around 70, and lows in the 50's.

Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 12-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #304
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Update

Saturday Pot Luck Dinner 6:00 PM

Chief (actually MzChief) - bread pudding w/Jack Daniels sauce
Sal - Homemade {from scratch} baked beans
Jim Rogers -Bread Pudding with southern comfort [in a Camp Dutch Oven]
TWaugh - honey baked spiral slice ham
KMTyme - Jambalaya..or Creole
The Rivets - Chicken Dumplings
BDandTTs - Tossed salad
Butlers - Pasta Salad
HeirsDreamJJ - Apple Pie and raw milk Canadian Cheddar!
Mike28 - dessert
CalamonTin - grilled pork on skewers
Dieseleagle - Homemade Chili & Cornbread
AirHeadsRUs - Rigatoni alla Bolognese
Frank McFee- Green beans and Ham
halimer - Broccoli Casserole
gheuer - Feta, Beans, and Rice Salad
kidsgone - BBQ Pulled Roast Beef with buns
Luckyducks - Spicey Chicken and Rice Casserole
Levon - Venison Meat Balls w/Special Sauce
Howie&Braith - Pulled pork and Pumkin Cake
Florida 55 - Brunswick Stew
GreggH - Amish butter beans
mbmbstreamer - Chili
ccfb - Vegetable Salad

Sunday Potluck Breakfast 9:00 AM

Chief - scrambled eggs, coffee (10 cup pot)
Jim Rogers - Blueberry french toast [in a Camp Dutch Oven]
Kmtyme- really Sticky buns
The Rivets - Apple Cobbler Cake
BusDriver - Famous Puyallup, Washington Scones and home made raspberry jam
BDandTTs - French Toast and REAL! Vermont Maple Syrup
Butlers - Grits Casserole
HeirsDreamJJ - Breakfast Sausages and Starbucks Coffee (28 cup urn)plus cream, sugar and splenda
Mike28 - Breakfast casserole
CalamonTin - Biscuits and gravy
Dieseleagle - Breakfast Casserole plus 4 rolls paper towels and 409
Frank McFee-Gal. of Orange Juice
gheuer - Hot Tea Station (hot water and selection of teas); Gal. of Orange Juice
halimer - Fruit Compote
kidsgone - Muffins
Luckyducks - Dutch Oven Hash Browns
Howie&Braith - Pound Cake
Florida 55 - Fresh Fruit and Gallon Apple Juice
GreggH - English scones w/ Devonshire cream
mbmbstreamer - Blueberry breakfast casserole
ccfb - Cranberry Nut Bread

AIR # 22776
Old 12-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #305
Rivet Master

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
I'm at work, supposed to be working but my mind has drifted toward Florida. I believe this will be the 6th Canopener and I've only missed one (due to bad weather). Met a lot of really nice people and have had a great time every year. I might be off one but my name tag list has 70 units on it. The largest Canopener yet. Until this year with my name tag duties, I had not given much thought to how much behind the scenes work goes on to host a large rally. Its much more than most of us realize, so...........

THANKS TO CHIEF AND LUCKYDUCKS FOR KEEPING THIS TOGETHER AND HERDING ALL OF US CATS, I KNOW IT IS A CHALLENGE!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #306
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cloudland , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtoaster
I'm at work, supposed to be working but my mind has drifted toward Florida. I believe this will be the 6th Canopener and I've only missed one (due to bad weather). Met a lot of really nice people and have had a great time every year. I might be off one but my name tag list has 70 units on it. The largest Canopener yet. Until this year with my name tag duties, I had not given much thought to how much behind the scenes work goes on to host a large rally. Its much more than most of us realize, so...........

THANKS TO CHIEF AND LUCKYDUCKS FOR KEEPING THIS TOGETHER AND HERDING ALL OF US CATS, I KNOW IT IS A CHALLENGE!!!
Here, here!!! I'll drink to that!
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
Old 12-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #307
2 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream 310
Dayton , Tennessee
*_Saturday Pot Luck Dinner 6:00 PM_*

Chief (actually MzChief) - bread pudding w/Jack Daniels sauce
Sal - Homemade {from scratch} baked beans
Jim Rogers -Bread Pudding with southern comfort [in a Camp Dutch Oven]
TWaugh - honey baked spiral slice ham
KMTyme - Jambalaya..or Creole
The Rivets - Chicken Dumplings
BDandTTs - Tossed salad
Butlers - Pasta Salad
HeirsDreamJJ - Apple Pie and raw milk Canadian Cheddar!
Mike28 - dessert
CalamonTin - grilled pork on skewers
Dieseleagle - Homemade Chili & Cornbread
AirHeadsRUs - Rigatoni alla Bolognese
Frank McFee- Green beans and Ham
halimer - Broccoli Casserole
gheuer - Feta, Beans, and Rice Salad
kidsgone - BBQ Pulled Roast Beef with buns
Luckyducks - Spicey Chicken and Rice Casserole
Levon - Venison Meat Balls w/Special Sauce
Howie&Braith - Pulled pork and Pumkin Cake
Florida 55 - Brunswick Stew
GreggH - Amish butter beans
mbmbstreamer - Chili
ccfb - Vegetable Salad
woodja--potluck

*_Sunday Potluck Breakfast 9:00 AM_*

Chief - scrambled eggs, coffee (10 cup pot)
Jim Rogers - Blueberry french toast [in a Camp Dutch Oven]
Kmtyme- really Sticky buns
The Rivets - Apple Cobbler Cake
BusDriver - Famous Puyallup, Washington Scones and home made raspberry jam
BDandTTs - French Toast and REAL! Vermont Maple Syrup
Butlers - Grits Casserole
HeirsDreamJJ - Breakfast Sausages and Starbucks Coffee (28 cup urn)plus cream, sugar and splenda
Mike28 - Breakfast casserole
CalamonTin - Biscuits and gravy
Dieseleagle - Breakfast Casserole plus 4 rolls paper towels and 409
Frank McFee-Gal. of Orange Juice
gheuer - Hot Tea Station (hot water and selection of teas); Gal. of Orange Juice
halimer - Fruit Compote
kidsgone - Muffins
Luckyducks - Dutch Oven Hash Browns
Howie&Braith - Pound Cake
Florida 55 - Fresh Fruit and Gallon Apple Juice
GreggH - English scones w/ Devonshire cream
mbmbstreamer - Blueberry breakfast casserole
ccfb - Cranberry Nut Bread
woodja--potluck
Old 12-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #308
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Saturday

See you all in a few weeks.I will be coming over there on saturday to say hey to all of you.Some that I already know and some new faces.See you all at the Can Opener and Safe Travels.
With the way the weather has been this year,We are having a really great winter.Highs of around 74 so far.

Oh,And for those that are going to the redbar.Here is there site with menu and videos and some extra.this should help out for those who have never been.
THE REDBAR

Closed Thread