Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #281
4 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Milton , Florida
Cancellation

Please cancell our attendance at this year's Canopener. This will open site 110 as of today.

Also remove our names from the "Breakfast with a Ranger" list.

Barbara has strained a back muscle and is in considerable pain. Her doctor predicts 4 to 6 weeks recovery time.

We were really looking forward to this event and had planned to continue on Southward after the event, spending about a month along the west coast. Maybe next year.
Centramatics wheel balancing & Dill TPMS
Hensley hitch & Maxim skylights
Voyager Camera System WVOS713
2010 FORD F-250, ITBC, 6.8 liter V-10 gas, with VIAIR on-board air system
Old 01-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #282
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmeloy View Post
Please cancell our attendance at this year's Canopener. This will open site 110 as of today.

Also remove our names from the "Breakfast with a Ranger" list.

Barbara has strained a back muscle and is in considerable pain. Her doctor predicts 4 to 6 weeks recovery time.

We were really looking forward to this event and had planned to continue on Southward after the event, spending about a month along the west coast. Maybe next year.
Sorry to hear that Barbara has injured her back. As someone who injured my back 22 years ago and still feeling the affects, I can sympathize. Take care and take lots of Alieve. See you down the road sometime.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Old 01-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #283
Halimer

2006 25' Classic
New Hyde Park , New York
ALL HANDS,

Debbie and I will not be able to attend the rally due to family issues.

Mark
Old 01-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #284
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by halimer View Post
ALL HANDS,

Debbie and I will not be able to attend the rally due to family issues.

Mark
Say it isn't so....

I was really looking forward to seeing you both again! Hope all turns out well with you family. Thanks for the suggestion of my hitting JD Sanders - good experience thus far. Will miss you & take care. Laura
Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #285
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Updates

Canopener 2011 Map - Photo Gallery

Breakfast with the Ranger Signup List:

Chief (4)
HowieE (2)
Dieseleagle (2)
Luckyducks (2)
Airdreamers (2)
Owenslander (2)
Frank McFee (2)
Sky (2)
James Rogers [2]
Lotsik (2)
Riveting (2)
Levon (2)
Funkill (1)
Bandits (2)
StanandLynn (2)
BDandTTs (2)
transplant - (2)
at the lake - (1)
Bohemian - (2)
MrRivet & MsRivet -(2)
Stratman - (2)
On Air - (1)
Grand Master (2)
flantiquer (2)
Blueiwahine (2)
CapnTom (3)

Total: 52

The map and breakfast list have been updated with the latest cancellations......they will be missed. I noticed that Reserve America shows sites #162 (txstreamer) and #166 (Jo Mojo) as being available for Jan 7th & 8th......it appears they may have also cancelled.

Everyone travel safely to Topsail.....see ya in a couple of days......the weather forecast now looks outstanding (I heard a rumor that Roadtoaster was doing rain dances in MS in an attempt to redirect the jet stream).

Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 01-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #286
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
And I'm still dancing to make sure the weather is good!

Sorry to see so many having to cancel, we will try to have a good time without you .

See you guys about mid-day Thursday.

Safe travels
Old 01-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #287
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
Well, I just cancelled our reservation. Mary has been sick since last Thursday, and she just can't get to feeling good enough to travel. Our lastest deadline to leave Indiana and drive the 773 miles to Topsail was today, and it just isn't going to happen. We are very disappointed to miss this event, as we had looked forward to it so.

We hope everyone has a great time. It looks like the weather will be very good.
WBCCI #1200
Old 01-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #288
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
I am considering driving my Porsche down (I can make better time) for the Open House on Saturday. I would like to meet everyone that I have read about, and tour the Airstreams. Mary will probably not come with me, as the trip would be too much for her.

But, before I drive 1500 miles roundtrip, is the Open House still on? How many Airstreamers are planning to participate?

Thanks,
WBCCI #1200
Old 01-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #289
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Just had to cancel (again), sorry we'll miss it! Maybe next year....
We had site 131.....
Hope everyone has a great time, the weather is looking good for the weekend!
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Old 01-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #290
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Master View Post
I am considering driving my Porsche down (I can make better time) for the Open House on Saturday. I would like to meet everyone that I have read about, and tour the Airstreams. Mary will probably not come with me, as the trip would be too much for her.

But, before I drive 1500 miles roundtrip, is the Open House still on? How many Airstreamers are planning to participate?

Thanks,
By my count there should be about 38 trailers still inbound. I'm not the organizer but, baring REALLY bad weather, I can't imagine the open house would be cancelled. Too much fun milling around and admiring everyone's toys.

Come on down
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #291
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Well, we cancelled earlier, but got such good news today that we wanted to share it. If anyone remembers, we had badly wanted a 1992 Excella that was available here in our state. Because we didn't want to pull money out of investments in 2010 due to tax reasons, we didn't get the Excella we fell in love with in October. We decided then to cool our jets, and that if we were meant to have it, it would still be there after the first of the year. Well, guess what?

We have another chance to buy the same trailer! It's still there. The only misgiving we have is why it didn't sell, despite a pretty good price, from October until now. However, they had raised the price some and the salesman really thought we would come back for it after the first of the year, which are ready to do now! We realize Airstream of Arkansas in no longer a dealership for AS, but they have this one AS and the still have the phone number and do service on AS.

We love it, and it has many rare goodies in it, although it has what seems to be an inordinate amount of rust. on the tongue and in other places. It's obviously been outside.

We had hoped we could acquire it immediately and head to Topsail, although we gave up our campsite earlier, it now seemed we could come down, even if we couldn't get a place in the loop. However, we can't actually take possession of the trailer and get 'er hooked up, (truck work) etc., until sometime next week. So we are still not going to make it....blah....unless we just drive down and get a motel room. We wanted so badly to meet all of you and see your AS rigs and get advice since we are newbies, etc.

It's possible we might still drive down in our car and come visit and meet some of you during the rally if that would be ok, even though we won't have Excella yet.

Also, we wanted to ask, if any of you are going through Arkansas on your way down, or any of you reading this live here, we'd love to have someone or several someones look over the Excella.

We know there are going to be some problems, but we'd like to hear from you "old hands" (experienced, not old)! If anyone is in the vicinity of Airstream of Arkansas at Searcy, Arkansas, how about stopping in and getting Kirk to let you look at the Excella '92 there? She's needing some work, well, lots of work, but we think she's basically sound, and everything works, and we even had the bearings repacked back in October before we decided we shouldn't tap investments at that time. If you get a chance, let us know. We'd love to have some of you tell us what you think we can expect. We know, of course, that we will have to spend some money putting her back shipshape. But, she's gorgeous, classy and worth it, we hope!!

We told Kirk (salesman, some of you know him and he's on the forums) we'd be there tomorrow, with the intention of buying her.

So, if anyone is near Searcy, we'd sure like it if you could go look at her. We're told the axles are good and all the plumbing works, etc. But we haven't been under her yet. Hoping the underbelly doesn't have any rusted through places. She almost looks like she might have been in a flood, but we're told that isn't the case, just sat out and was used as a hunting cabin by an owner who had three Airstreams and used the oldest for hunting.

We so hate that we probably won't see you - unless we get a wild hair and leave Friday in the car to come visit on Saturday! Would give us something fun to do just to "day visit" while you guys are there, and I know we'd learn so much from seeing all the other Airstreams and what you've done.

Even if we miss this one completely, we'll be trying our very best to get to the next one, if the Lord is willing and the crick don't rise.

Ray & Carol
Arkies, hopefully soon to be Airstreamers!

P.S. Go Hogs! It's amazing that we had rather be Airstreaming than at the Sugar Bowl tonight. But we're rootin' for the Hawgs.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

Old 01-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #292
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Can Opener

As of right now I have been sick since Monday.Hoping everything goes well and I get better by then.One way or the other I am going to be there,Or that is the goal so far anyways.See you all that make it to the Can Opener this weekend.There are still a lot of sites open all over the park.Last second reservations are allowed.You dont have to have your Airstream to come and have fun with everyone.they have cabins in the park also.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #293
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Hope you get to feeling better Steve and can make it sometime over the weekend.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #294
1 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Hobart , Indiana
Left Northwest Indiana early...didn't want to be snowed in and miss Canopener. Arriving at site 148 Thursday....can't wait to meet all and have some fun!!!
"Newbies"....Pam and Chuck
Old 01-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #295
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtoaster View Post
By my count there should be about 38 trailers still inbound. I'm not the organizer but, baring REALLY bad weather, I can't imagine the open house would be cancelled. Too much fun milling around and admiring everyone's toys.

Come on down
Catching up and I re-read my own post. Thanks for being nice and not pointing out my spelling challenges
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #296
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Well, we just moved over the Christmas break and as much as we would like to make the Can Opener I canceled our reservations this afternoon. We still have boxes in every room and a garage full as well. I'd hope the rally would have been a break from unpacking, but I just don't see how it would be possible and still look ourselves in the mirror on Monday morning. Have a great time folks, and for those with health issues here's hoping for a quick recovery.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 01-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #297
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Sorry to hear that. I had hoped to meet you.
Joe
Old 01-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #298
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
Sorry to hear that. I had hoped to meet you.
Joe
Maybe in the near future down the road. Notice that we are a lot closer to where you live than we were before the move.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 01-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #299
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
What a beautiful day in Canopener Land.......sunny skies and temps close to 60. The current forecast is for rain tonight, and most of tomorrow, but that will all clear out for beautiful Canopener weather....mid-high 50's, and the worst threat of rain is Saturday at 20%.......must be that ole Roadtoaster's dance moves are working!

For those of you that are thinking about attending sans Airstream.....don't forget about the cabins (too nice to be called cabins). They are fully furnished, $100 per nite.....but, require a two-night minimum stay. Plenty still available. We have a couple of friends that will be staying there, as well as some of Roadtoaster's friends.

I don't know why, but I can't get this stupid song out of my head......."It's a party, it's a party time!" See you early arrivals on Thursday, and the rest on Friday.

Oh.....before I forget.....if you object to being photographed, or captured on video, with possible placement on the 'net......let me know beforehand......not after I've shot a lot of video that will require creative editing.

Safe travels,
Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 01-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #300
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
1948 22' Liner
1963 22' Safari
Oakland , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to MsRivet
The Rivets are on the road now. We landed at Stephen Foster State Park for the night. Near 75 & 10. The plan is to arrive at Topsail tomorrow ... on Wednesday. Safe travels to all !!! Woo-hoo & a yiiipppeee ki-yay!!! Let the fun begin . . .
Closed Thread