Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:22 AM   #113
Rivet Master

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
WOW! 45 units on the map. Apparently many of the folks that skipped last year because of the weather (us included) are needing to cure their withdrawal symptoms. If memory serves, there were about 55 units at the 2nd Canopener so this will be very close. The clubhouse will be full of people and food. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #114
Hillgenbergonlocation

1986 32' Excella
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to Hillgenberg
Does anyone have any suggestions on what sites would be great to be in for a couple of big dogs?

Old 11-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #115
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillgenberg View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on what sites would be great to be in for a couple of big dogs?
At the moment, there is only one site left in the 100 loop (site #109). This is not a bad site for having dogs, as there is some room between the rear of your site and an interior campground road. I have camped in this site before and it is as good as any in the 100 loop, with the exception of the pull-throughs. Of course, there are many sites in other areas of the campground, and just about any on one of the outer loops would be good for allowing your dogs some room. Since you are in Santa Rosa Beach, I would suggest just taking a drive out to Topsail and checking it out. The Rangers are great, and won't charge an entry fee for just spending a few minutes taking a look at the campground. Hope you can make it to the rally.

Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 11-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #116
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
Silsbee , Texas
Woo Hoo....Reservation booked... site #109...going to try again to make it...If it's meant to be we'll (Craig & Debbie) be there.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #117
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
At the moment, there is only one site left in the 100 loop (site #109).
The Rangers are great, and won't charge an entry fee for just spending a few minutes taking a look at the campground. Hope you can make it to the rally.

Chief
Actually, I haven't cancelled/postponed my reservation, so 146 will be available. I have been kinda busy here.

If someone needs that space, send me a message, and I will call Monday morning to make the changes.

Phil
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Old 11-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #118
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Smile Cafe Press Information

To those that might be interested in ordering Canopener specific items from Cafe Press, we ordered a T-shirt and other things on November 18 and received shipping confirmation on November 20. Order turnaround is much better than I thought it would be. However, we haven't received the package yet. Will post a note when received.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:12 PM   #119
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Jacksons Gap , Alabama
Here is a suggested route for those of you with large trailers coming from the north through Alabama to the Canopener 2011.
I live in central Alabama and I customarily use US 331 going south from Montgomery to go the Florida gulf coast. However, it is a two-lane rolling highway and not great for those of you with long trailers or motorhomes. I suggest that if you are coming from the north through Montgomery, AL on I-65, that you continue on I-65 toward Mobile, AL and exit I-65 at exit 114. This is the Georgianna exit and take SR 55 passed Andalusia on to Florala. From Florala take SR 85 to Ft. Walton and go east on US 98 to Gregory E Moore RV Resort (Topsail State Park). Most of SR 55 is 4-lane except between Andalusia and Florala which is good smooth 2-lane. Most of SR 85 is 4-lane as I remember. I followed these routes last year when returning from the Canopener. Maybe some of the Airstreamers who live in this area can offer other or better routes for those of you coming from north.
Frank
Old 11-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #120
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Thanks for the note about SR55. We may try that. We usually get off I-65 at Greenville and take 10 across to Luverne on to 331. Watch for traffic police in all these little towns, Brantley, Opp, Florala. In the last few years there have been improvements to 331 and there are some 4 lane areas and passing lanes.

We do not recommend getting on to 331 at Montgomery. Another alternate route to take is exit I-65 at Evergreen on to 84 to 331 at Opp. Instead of 85, we take 331 thru Defuniak/Freeport to the 331 junction with 98. There is a light; 331 ends at 98. Then go west (right) on 98 about 3 miles to junction of 30A. That is a light and a left turn. Topsail is less than a mile on your right.

30A has a bike path the entire length, about 18 miles. You can bike from Topsail to Gulf Place to Grayton Beach to Seaside to Seagrove to Seacrest to Alys Beach to Rosemary Beach and Inlet Beach where 30A rejoins 98 going east to Panama City.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #121
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McFee View Post
Here is a suggested route for those of you with large trailers coming from the north through Alabama to the Canopener 2011.
I live in central Alabama and I customarily use US 331 going south from Montgomery to go the Florida gulf coast. However, it is a two-lane rolling highway and not great for those of you with long trailers or motorhomes. I suggest that if you are coming from the north through Montgomery, AL on I-65, that you continue on I-65 toward Mobile, AL and exit I-65 at exit 114. This is the Georgianna exit and take SR 55 passed Andalusia on to Florala. From Florala take SR 85 to Ft. Walton and go east on US 98 to Gregory E Moore RV Resort (Topsail State Park). Most of SR 55 is 4-lane except between Andalusia and Florala which is good smooth 2-lane. Most of SR 85 is 4-lane as I remember. I followed these routes last year when returning from the Canopener. Maybe some of the Airstreamers who live in this area can offer other or better routes for those of you coming from north.
Frank

Frank,

Good suggestions! I've been driving the 500 miles between Ft. Walton and Knoxville, TN for over 46 years.....and, this is my preferred route.

Can't believe that Alabama is finally resurfacing the torture track on I-59 between Gadsden and Chattanooga....where are we going to test the rivets now??

Looking forward to seeing you and Reba again.....Jenn wants to know if Reba has any new jokes!

Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 11-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #122
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Howdy all. I just cancelled my reservation for site 146 at ReserveAmerica. If someone wants to take it, it should show available now.

Sue is coming home from the hospital today, and is probably going to be getting a skin graft next week (on her heel where the achilles tendon is now exposed, but covered with saline compresses).

Sorry we cannot make it, and we hope to enjoy TopSail some other time later this year when Sue can get into and around in the trailer.

Phil
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Old 11-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #123
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Again, for those who are interested in purchasing Canopener items from Cafe Press, we received via US mail today (11-23) our Canopener T-shirt and other items from an order we placed on 11-18. Very fast turnaround to say the least. T-shirt quality (ultra cotton) is excellent.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #124
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by at the lake View Post
Again, for those who are interested in purchasing Canopener items from Cafe Press, we received via US mail today (11-23) our Canopener T-shirt and other items from an order we placed on 11-18. Very fast turnaround to say the least. T-shirt quality (ultra cotton) is excellent.
Thanks for the feedback. It appears that CafePress has really ramped up their turnaround time. I haven't had a CafePress Shop for a couple of years, so this is good news.

One question: How did the logo print? I placed fairly high-res artwork on their site and just wondered how it turned out.

Thanks,
Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 11-24-2010, 05:43 AM   #125
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Smile

Chief,
I think you would be pleased with what Cafe Press did with the Canopener art work you submitted for use on the T-shirt. Very unique logo. Outstanding job on your part. Lines are clean and the color is great. As mentioned, I bought the dark grey shirt that shows off the logo nicely. Many shirt colors are offered that would work just as well.

Hope all have a good Thanksgiving holiday.

'at the lake'
Old 11-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #126
1 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Hobart , Indiana
Ordered cups on 21 Nov they arrived Indiana today 24 Nov. impressed with very clean graphics