Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2007, 07:05 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
For what its worth, on the same dates you are looking at being in the Smokies, the largest gathering of Airstreams in 2007 will be happening just 300 miles south. June 28-July 4 approximately 1000 units will be parked in Perry, GA. Airstream company will be there with new units and their store to sell parts and goodies. the VAC will be parked together and will host an open house. There will be all kinds of vendors including Dometic for your refridgeation needs, Fantastic for your ventilation, Reese for your hitches, custom embrodiery with more Airstream designs than you can imagine. There will also be seminars on most of the concerns that we Airstreamers have, as well as entertainment and good food. Its a very interesting and informative rally.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
Thanks for the info, we might stop by there.
-Don
cobra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:51 PM   #23
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Interested... But Already Attending WBCCI Int'l

I'll keep following this thread to see what shapes up. I'm generally interested in attending if the dates work out. My wife and I are registered to attend the WBCCI International Rally in Perry (dates in Tarheel's post above) so we cannot attend Smokey Mountain gathering if the dates conflict.

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:23 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
The question can anyone start a rally - the answer is yes, but I would not.

There are reasons for the WBCCI, Sams Club, Escapees etc - that is it provides a shell for liability. So someone takes a fall and breaks their leg - well it happened at a rally, who's rally is it - well its a forum rally, no who put the rally together - oh that was John and Tammy Adams - bam you have have been nailed.

Lots of hungry lawyers in this ol world of ours.

I thought about organizing rallies and spent a lot of time discussing it with lawyer types - likelyhood - fairly nill, but like I said there is enough there to keep me from organizing rallies without a shell.

What about a bunch of friends going camping together - at least you know everone and are less likely to get sued by a friend - at least we hope.

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:41 PM   #25
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
The question can anyone start a rally - the answer is yes, but I would not.

There are reasons for the WBCCI, Sams Club, Escapees etc - that is it provides a shell for liability. So someone takes a fall and breaks their leg - well it happened at a rally, who's rally is it - well its a forum rally, no who put the rally together - oh that was John and Tammy Adams - bam you have have been nailed.

Lots of hungry lawyers in this ol world of ours.

I thought about organizing rallies and spent a lot of time discussing it with lawyer types - likelyhood - fairly nill, but like I said there is enough there to keep me from organizing rallies without a shell.

What about a bunch of friends going camping together - at least you know everone and are less likely to get sued by a friend - at least we hope.

Ken J.
So, Ken, does this mean that the person who calls out first on the camping trip is now in the same boat as the one who starts a Rally thread? I don't really see the difference there.
I would definitely see it if there was money collected, or some other form of formality that would make a person or organization responsible for a Rally.
This would also mean that the forums owner could be liable for forum members organizing Rallies on his site?
Phew, perhaps we should discuss this with a legal entity of some sort. Any attorneys among the forum members?
Not trying to minimize your post, Ken, just thinking out loud.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #26
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
The informal forum "rallies" are also "just a bunch of friends going camping together". The friends just happened to meet on the Airstream forum. No one is responsible for anyone other then themselves. Everyone pays for their own camping, food, etc. and can come and go as they wish. There is no fee to any responsible party and no one is in charge. I think it's a pretty safe bet that there would be no one among the rally goers to sue.

But then again one could always sue the campground or Airstream or...sigh.
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Perry GA Rallies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
Try to find a place that doesn't require upfront money for reservation of sites, this is getting more and more difficult to do. Many make you confirm reservations 30 days in advance. Its fun to see each other at these rallys. Looking forward to seeing folks at the rally in Perry, Georgia on the 15th of January.
Tarheel, are the Perry GA rallies (January 15th and June whatever) WBCCI rallies, or open for others? Just curious, although I have no idea where Perry is.

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Pickens , South Carolina
Rally starters?

we're usually at Rivers edge around that time, so we'd be interested. We also do Yogi in the Smokies in 19-22 July..great for the kids!!!!
Stone Mountain the week of Easter 4-7 april
Oh yeah we're hitting Hunting Island 6-11 June

gotta work ALOT in May so we'll do something close to home!

3 cheers to a forum rally hip,hip....

-"just because the monkeys off your back, doesn't mean the circus left town!"

www.pickenscountycampers.com
camperski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:37 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Pickens , South Carolina
North Ga rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by kposey
I would love to rally in the Pigeon Forge area. Spring would be a great time!

Please pick a date other than April 20-22 (North Georgia Rally), May 3-7 (Bluegrass Festival in Chatt Town) and May 19-20 (graduation and I'm in charge).
any info I can find out would be great might be able to make a short trip over for that!

Old 01-04-2007, 10:16 PM   #30
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
camperski, I thought about using Rivesedge. it is a nice campground and has lots of ammentities offered. if everyone can give me a date, i can put it all together and come up with one where most of you can attend. we can make it for any time that is convienant. I just thought it would be fun to get together with the people that we talk to and share ideas with from this site. tomorrow i will make a list of the dates not shown on the calender from march to july and see if we can all agree upon a time. Then I will work on the place. But hey, dont be trying to sue me if you fall down, haha!
Tammy
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Pickens , South Carolina
Rivers Edge IS nice or the next one down stream?

Old 01-05-2007, 12:20 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
All you really need to have a rally is 2-3 members or even non-members who have a love of AS's, the desire to meet and get to know the people behind the screen names. At the 1st Midwest Rally in 2002 I believe there were 7 AS's. The 2006 rally boasted about 34 registered but I think there were more than that (42??). You'll have a great time!

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Perry, Georgia is 100 miles south of Atlanta on I-75 exit 136. The International Rally is for WBCCI members. Many visitors come in to the parking area and look at and visit with the people that are there, no admission charge. Rally ribbons are issued to each paying attendee so that they can get into the seminars and attend the entertainment and dinners. I don't recall ever having to show your rally ribbon to go into the vendor's area. The cost of joining is less than one month at the YMCA. Hope to see you there.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #34
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Dates for Pigeon Forge Rally

Here are the dates NOT MARKED on the Rally Calender. If everyone can give me the dates they can be there, the one with the most votes will win and I will get started. Thurs May 10 to Sun 13, June 14-17 or June 21-23. Ther is one on June 24. Also need to know which campground you prefer. Be sure and look at the link Pigeon Forge Family Vacation Destination Guide – Pigeon Forge, Tennessee and look at the campgrounds.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #35
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
I guess everyones busy. No one has given me any dates. I need to know soon because these campgrounds always seem full!!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:14 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Dates? At my age, prunes are better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Threads
I guess everyones busy. No one has given me any dates. I need to know soon because these campgrounds always seem full!!
I guess that means that a date needs to be picked, advertised/promoted, and those that can make it will, and some others won't be able to get there.

If you are making the decision (it's good to be King), you might check campground availability for several weekends to sway it one way or another. You may find for example that some other organization has a gathering planned (Annual Birdwatcher Convention, etc), or a local college/organization has a big event in town some weekend (NASCAR race, or college tournament, for example). If so, avoid that timeframe to minimize availability conflicts.

Just some thoughts...good luck!

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #37
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I will call them and see what I can come up with!
Old 01-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #38
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Update. I sent in request to 4 different rv campgrounds in pigeon forge asking if they could accommodate anywhere from 10 to 20 maybe more Airstreams. I also ask if they had a pavillion or somewhere we could have a pot luck dinner one evening. I ask for prices and brochures. I am sure I will recieve them some time this coming week and I will let everyone know.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:14 AM   #39
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Pigeon Forge Date and Campground

Hi everyone. I have picked a date and campground for the Rally. Here is the email I got from them and the link to the site. It is a very nice Campround. My husband and I took a tour of it the last time we were up there. Creekside RV Park . If I can get an idea of who all is planning on attending, I will call her and tell her for sure. Thanks everyone!!

Hello Tammy. Right now I have openings for both dates. The price is $28.00 per night and if you are Good Sam members it would be $25.20. It would be ok for each person to make there own reservations. There is a $30.00 deposit required. Our office is closed until March 1, but you can reach us thru e-mail or call my cell @ 865-654-5816 if you want to set something up.

Thanks,

Jennifer Holden
Old 01-14-2007, 08:15 AM   #40
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Pigeon Forge

I was so excited I forgot to put the dates!! It is May 10 (thur) through May 13 (sun)!