Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: What's your favorite Silver Girls' Rally Weekend? Let's get this party started!
March 6 - 8, 2009 3 75.00%
March 13 - 15, 2009 1 25.00%
March 20 - 22, 2009 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #101
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Ahoy Lynda! I'm sorry you and your flying cloud won't be able to make the rally. We most certainly will have a 4th annual next year, so keep your dance card open for it in 2010. I know it's a haul from Ojai to Pismo, but we sure would love it if you could drop in for a visit during the rally. The more Silver Sisters, the merrier!

Janet, if you don't see exactly what you need on CafePress, PM me with your desires and I'll slap it up there. I can put either logo on the front or the back, and they have many styles of t-shirts to choose from. The only thing I can't do is put the logo on a dark colored shirt because the design is not outlined.

Ciao for now,
Old 02-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #102
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Countdown to f-u-n

Yooo Hoooo!

Start the Countdown - our Silver Sister Rally is exactly ONE MONTH from today! Time to discuss the important stuff, like food. And drink. And fun activities we might want to investigate in the Pismo area.

How about if we each bring and an appetizer/drink for the Friday Meet n' Greet, and a potluck item for a Saturday dinner extravaganza? Sound good?

Also, we had such fun wine tasting together in Santa Ynez a couple of years back...is anyone interested in a Sat afternoon group trip to some interesting Pismo area destination (like maybe the the Avila spa, or wine tasting, or charming old town SLO?) I can do some research and let you all know if there are any fun activities we just can't miss....

That is all,
Old 02-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #103

is it too late for my wife and i to come too? just us and maybe the puppy. what info do we need to make reservations for our 23d
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #104
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Hi Teddy,
Welcome to the forums! As you've noticed on the rally calendar, the folks here love to get together and share Airstream fun...
You may have also noticed that our particular rally is a "women's rally," sort of loosely based on getting women together who tow their own rigs. Or women who have Airstreams who just like to get together! So far, we have had a few of our "helpers" do drop-offs, and pick-ups, but as yet no one has stayed for the actual rally.
If you like to lie low, and don't mind not being part of the scene (lots to do in Pismo) we'd love to have your wife join us. And please bring the puppy!
For more info, go to the rally calendar or "upcoming rallies" and you'll find all the contact info.
Happy trails!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #105
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
join us!

Hi Teddy! Welcome to the forums.

We'd love to have you and your wife join us next month. Yes, it is a 'women's rally', but there are no rules here...just Silver Sister camaraderie. In fact, my Silver Sister motto is 'It doesn't matter how you get here, just get here!'...Hey wait, isn't that a Dione Warwick song....?

The Fine Print
Significant other disclaimer: please be forwarned that you may have to put up with an unusually annoying amount of giggling. At times, you may be subjected to anitics that some would consider "embarassing." Anything you say, or do, will be held against you, and re-posted on this forum within 48 hours from the end of the rally. It is possible that you will eat better than you have ever eaten in your life, so you may want to diet before you arrive. Drinks will be drunk, and pictures will be taken, and there is nothing you can say or do to stop it. Occasionally, there will be discussions about axles, and hitches, and tow vehicles, but these are rare and are not typically encouraged. You may be asked, perhaps on many different occasions to light a fire, lift something heavy, fix broken things, and/or provide assistance to any Silver Sister at any time ]

Cheers!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #106
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
You make me smile

Meredith, you are tooooooooo funnnnnnnnnnny!!!! You make me smile....pj
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #107
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdrmr View Post
Hi Teddy! Welcome to the forums.

We'd love to have you and your wife join us next month. Yes, it is a 'women's rally', but there are no rules here...just Silver Sister camaraderie. In fact, my Silver Sister motto is 'It doesn't matter how you get here, just get here!'...Hey wait, isn't that a Dione Warwick song....?

The Fine Print
Significant other disclaimer: please be forwarned that you may have to put up with an unusually annoying amount of giggling. At times, you may be subjected to anitics that some would consider "embarassing." Anything you say, or do, will be held against you, and re-posted on this forum within 48 hours from the end of the rally. It is possible that you will eat better than you have ever eaten in your life, so you may want to diet before you arrive. Drinks will be drunk, and pictures will be taken, and there is nothing you can say or do to stop it. Occasionally, there will be discussions about axles, and hitches, and tow vehicles, but these are rare and are not typically encouraged. You may be asked, perhaps on many different occasions to light a fire, lift something heavy, fix broken things, and/or provide assistance to any Silver Sister at any time ]

Cheers!
I second all of the above! However you arrive, and whomever your arrive with is of no matter. Just come and join in the fun!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #108
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:

The Fine Print

Cheers!
Hi, now you tell us; My wife said these Rallies are for women who tow only and she doesn't.
Signed Left Out In Lakewood.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #109
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Hello Silver Belles,

Got a nice call from Michelle--Catsandi--today, and told her how much we would miss one of our founding sisters. How the heck am I going to back in on my own without her pilot patience? She's doing great with the repaired rig and is looking forward to getting settled into her new digs in Montana.

Ahem-- Robert, there is just no excuse. Not only would we love to have your lovely wife join us, we would even let her sneak some food and drink to you. Towing on your own has never been a rule. We have no stinkin rules.

In the meantime: Are we starting a food list? It seems like if we each bring something to feed 6-8 it always works out. Shall we wing it? (Although I do know I'm doing chicken and veg. kabobs for the potluck...)

Loving this rain! The beach is going to be so clean and gorgeous.

Happy trails~
Old 02-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #110
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Hola Chica's!
I made the commitment, made my reservation for Ocean Mesa (Swanky) Rv Resort for March 1-4, then head over to Pismo afternoon of the 5th. So excited! I had friends who wanted to come down to visit me here but I was like no no no I am so outta here.

Last week I lost one of my pooch crew to old age But Rex & Hannah are ready to hit the beach.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #111
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Julianne - So sorry to hear you lost one of your posse. But, what a lucky pooch to have had such a great life with you and the Airstream!

Janet - Let's live on the wild side and wing it for the Friday happy hour and Saturday potluck dinner! I'm sure everyone will come (more than) prepared to eat, drink and be merry.

Jack and I are taking our silver baby down to LA to get a new axle, disc brakes, and a few other fun things later this week. They PROMISED me she'd be done in plenty of time for the rally!

Bye for now,
Old 02-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #112
4 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Thanks Meredith~ She was a good ol girl, we had 11 amazing years of adventures together.

I say wing it too Friday and Saturday. I still have it in my brain I want to do a seafood boil. Throw some yummies in a pot then dump it on the table and have at it. Serve it all up with a bottle (or several) of fantastic wine.

2003 International CCD
Old 02-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #113
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
food, wonderful food....

ooh, seafood boil? YUM-ilicious! AND Janet, ka-bobs? Double Yum-ilicious! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Maybe I'll do a Santa Barbara style salad with a little goat cheese, some toasted nuts, and a vinegarette. Or maybe a pasta dish with chicken, walnuts, and gorganzola. Hmm, or how about dessert! Ohmigosh, dessert - I could bring my traveling fondue set and we could dip strawberries, and bananas, and marshmellows, and oreo cookies into melted chocolate....all night long....

...Okay, okay, I'm getting outta hand. I gotta stop this madness and go eat something.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #114
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Lee's signed up.

Hi, Ladies; Lee is now signed up for the Pismo Beach Rally for March 6th [Friday] to March 9th [Monday] 2009. I'm sure Teddy and Bob will find plenty of things to occupy themselves. It's still early, but Lee's trailer might be parked separately from the group. The reservation lady said this is not carved in stone yet.

Part of our trailer is being remodeled at this time, but finished or not, it will be there. So far the remodel is going great; Lee designed it, and Bob gets to build it. ["Bob the Builder"]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #115
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetb View Post
Hello Silver Belles,

Got a nice call from Michelle--Catsandi--today, and told her how much we would miss one of our founding sisters. How the heck am I going to back in on my own without her pilot patience? She's doing great with the repaired rig and is looking forward to getting settled into her new digs in Montana. [deleted]

Happy trails~
Janet,
I will miss you guys this time. The beach sounds great!
You will miss these two smiling faces.
I have retrieved the trailer and she is safely parked in my sisters driveway. I will be sleeping in her tonight. Where it is quiet and cozy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6296.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	75260  

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #116
4 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
ooh, seafood boil? YUM-ilicious! AND Janet, ka-bobs? Double Yum-ilicious! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Maybe I'll do a Santa Barbara style salad with a little goat cheese, some toasted nuts, and a vinegarette. Or maybe a pasta dish with chicken, walnuts, and gorganzola. Hmm, or how about dessert! Ohmigosh, dessert - I could bring my traveling fondue set and we could dip strawberries, and bananas, and marshmellows, and oreo cookies into melted chocolate....all night long....

...Okay, okay, I'm getting outta hand. I gotta stop this madness and go eat something.
Salad sounds amazing, I've been looking for good salad recipes, that time of year again, eat light and wear shorts!
Then again I grew up with the Fondue Queen, my mother, she couldn't cook but girl could fondue! I say do it!
Found the market I will get the seafood at in SB, some clams, shrimp and crab, hit a local winery or two, all set, hopefully a Farmer's Market, if anyone knows when/where during my stay I would be into that.
I am so looking forward to this trip!

2003 International CCD
Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #117
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Jules, check this place out: thecrackedcrab.com
And while you're at Ocean Mesa, be sure to go across the street (Freeway) to El Capitain State Park and take one of the paths/stairs down to the beach--especially at low tide and sunset. Too beautiful, and great place to say farewell to Shane.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #118
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Yeah, more silver sisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, Ladies; Lee is now signed up for the Pismo Beach Rally for March 6th [Friday] to March 9th [Monday] 2009.

Welcome aboard, Lee (and Bob !) So glad you can join us for some fun at the beach.

Julianne, here's a link to the SB Farmer's market page. There is a market almost everyday of the week. The best one is on Tuesday afternoon in downtown Santa Barbara (the block off State Street - it's really fun.) The Wed. market at LaCumbre plaza is nice too - and a bonus - you can do some serious shopping in the mall while you're getting your fresh veggies and fruits!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #119
4 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
I am so there for the Tuesday Farmer's Market.

Great idea, I will take the pooches and have a lovely sunset memorial for Shane. She so loved the beach.

2003 International CCD
Old 02-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #120
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Silver Sistahs,
Turns out I will in fact be out of town that weekend...DARN!
I will sure miss you all but know you will have big fun.
How could you not with such a good group.
I did order my t-shirt so I will be with you all at least in properly dressed spirit.
Thanks Meredith.

Sorry about Shane, Julianne. I lost my 13 year old Golden last year.
We do love our traveling companions...they share all of our adventures.
Looking forward to meeting you and the other noobs very soon.
Save me a martini Virginia...I'll see you at the next rally!

We'll get Paula, Michelle, and Cat back next year too.
Waving to Kristiana, Janet, Deb, Lee, Martha, Lisa et al.

Cheers!!!

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote