View Poll Results: What's your favorite Silver Girls' Rally Weekend? Let's get this party started!
March 6 - 8, 2009 3 75.00%
March 13 - 15, 2009 1 25.00%
March 20 - 22, 2009 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #127
3 Rivet Member

1958 18' "Footer"
vista , California
Hi Ladies,

It's been a long time since last i was on the thread. I sure will miss you all this year. My Buddha is completely gutted and i have two babies i'm caring for right now. So my time is very limited. Single mom with two little kids ( 1 yr. and 2 1/2 yrs) and an unfinished trailer...not a good combo. I did not read the entire thread but, i did notice the mention of a "silver sister" T-shirt. I would love to be able to get one so i too can be there in spirit. How do i do that?

big hug,
Sandra

Old 02-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #128
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
You are terrific.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsbeddor View Post
Hi Ladies,

It's been a long time since last i was on the thread. I sure will miss you all this year. My Buddha is completely gutted and i have two babies i'm caring for right now. So my time is very limited. Single mom with two little kids ( 1 yr. and 2 1/2 yrs) and an unfinished trailer...not a good combo. I did not read the entire thread but, i did notice the mention of a "silver sister" T-shirt. I would love to be able to get one so i too can be there in spirit. How do i do that?

big hug,
Sandra
Hi Sandra, great to hear from you and to hear you are caring for those two children....you are truly a hero......hope your t shirt comes with some well deserved stars........enjoy those babies....they grow up so fast......even though it doesn't seem like it now.....paula.....

WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #129
3 Rivet Member

1958 18' "Footer"
vista , California
Thanks Paula,

I will keep that in mind and i look forward to some day be out in the camp grounds with you and the rest of the ladies.

Sandra
Old 02-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #130
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Sandra, you and your amazing energy will be sorely missed. But it sounds like it's being put to wonderful use, and we wish you the best with those little babes.
Paula, I checked out Uwe's blog and can't believe your Suite Spot 2! It's going to be so fabulous, and we'll look forward to seeing it at a future rally. Seems like that vision you had a few years back is finally coming to fruition. So much for the rest stop mishaps...
Loving the rain, but hope it clears for our meeting up. Had the Amgen Tour boys landing in town yesterday and oh my. Lance and lotsa lycra.
As ever--and not really a cougar,
Old 02-17-2009, 10:13 PM   #131
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Hey Sandra! Sorry to hear you won't be draggin' that silver to Pismo for the rally, but you have your hands full! Maybe we'll have to have a Mom's n' Kid's rally someday?! My kids would LOVE to rally with me, and other kids....

You can purchase a Silver Sisters t-shirt on CafePress at Silver Safari Designs.

We'll be sure to toast to you, and all the Silver Sisters we will miss, at the rally next month.

Cheers!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 PM   #132
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
sending good trailer karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapparel View Post
Hi all,

I hope I will be able to come as I have reserved a place at this Rally. But I took my 65 Safari down south to have a lot of litttle things done, and because of the rain, wind etc. between me and So. Ca. we got delayed.
Hoping the work will be done before the rally so I can come.
Wish me well.
chapparel
Hi Martha - I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you! My silver baby is in the shop right now too...getting a new axle, brakes, and a bunch of other things done done that we can't afford . They promised me she'd be done in time...if not, I'll have to break in and steal her back because I'm not missing this rally!

Please let us know when we can uncross our appendages.

Cheerios,
Old 02-17-2009, 10:22 PM   #133
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
You go girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianneJ View Post
So call me crazy, so many of my friends do...I am getting tattoo'd while in SB at Energy. Life is just too short I am livin' every minute!
Julianne,

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #134
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Hopefully next year!!!

Yes, JanetB, we are thrilled with our new "Vintage" trailer......but there are many details in rebuilding a complete trailer.......we can't wait to be on the road.......will miss you guys. I know you will have a great rally....don't forget to post often for those of us wishing we could be with you....paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #135
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Silva Sista's! If I can manage to grab a spot, can i come to your rally? I've OK'd it with Janet and Ginny...

~Karin

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:29 PM   #136
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
There's always room for anotha sista!

Karin -

Bring it on! We'd love to have you at the rally. We'll scooch over to make room if we have to.

Don't forget your PJs and your martini glass.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #137
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
I'm comin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdrmr View Post
Karin -

Bring it on! We'd love to have you at the rally. We'll scooch over to make room if we have to.

Don't forget your PJs and your martini glass.

Thanks Merideth!

I called Pismo Coast this AM for a Rezzie and got in. They can't put me right with you guys, however, they said that they would move things around if possible. So, if anyone cancels their spot, please let them know that there's a replacement in the wings. Thanks!
I'm looking forward to meeting you all and seeing some old AS friends again.

BTW-I'm bringing a handle of Tanqueray and will develop a plan for food real soon.

Cheers! Karin

Photo: Here's my '78 Luminati at Lake San Antonio. I'm driving [ahem!] and Linda Lu is riding shotgun.
Attached Images

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 02-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #138
kristiana

1967 24' Tradewind
1960 Caravel
1962 16' Bambi
Gold Country & Palm Springs , California
Hi Chicas, I can't believe I'm typing this but, I can't make it to the rally this time around. My Lotus chicas have been planning a bachelorette ski weekend for over a year and just gave me the dates. Yup, same weekend as ours. I promised a year ago that I'm in no matter what. If I could clone myself I would. I'm really going to miss hanging out with you chicks & I hope we can put together a summer / fall rally this year as well. Have fun, be well & travel safe! Very much silver shiny love, Kristiana
kristiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #139
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
So sorry to hear that you can't make it Kristiana, Can I have your spot?
karin

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 02-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #140
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
HOLA!
Just back from the 4CU Dead Horse Rally in Cottonwood, AZ. Exhausted but still took "Lucy" into get a few small repairs done...going to get that fridge working on propane yet! Even tho I am sure I will have electric most of this trip, have to have her in proper working conditions! Tired of living out of ice chests. I was literally still cleaning out my trailer while the Tech at the rv joint was checking out my fridge! NO More Spam! Those 4CU peeps...swear I lost 10 pounds on this rally after eating Spam at happy hour. Can't wait to visit the fish monger!

Meredith!!! Ha I love that, I will be flashing new ink!

Karin~ So glad you can make it! There is a tree planted in Petaluma for my Pops, my Auntie Bea had it done in memorial. Love that area, look forward to chatting it up around the campfire.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote