Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #2061
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
That is the right roof

The roof is not the problem....it is the elevator (those round ramps on each side) you have to take to get to the roof that might be limiting.....and the 8'2" height limitation.....but then again...perhaps Scottie will beam us up....paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:02 AM   #2062
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
KTLA is doing something on the AS show

at the Peterson today, just saw it teased. Not sure what it will be. Debbie
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #2063
Vince & Virginia

1969 21' Globetrotter
Riverside , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8strm View Post
at the Peterson today, just saw it teased. Not sure what it will be. Debbie
I couldn't stick around to see the whole show (had to go to work), but Gail Anderson was claiming that they would be using a crane to get some of the vehicles to the 3rd floor of the museum.

Perhaps they could do the same for us to the top floor of the garage!

Virginia
Towster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #2064
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towster View Post
they would be using a crane to get some of the vehicles to the 3rd floor of the museum.

Perhaps they could do the same for us to the top floor of the garage!

Virginia
That is what I am afraid of.....not sure we would be happy being craned up to the roof.......or would like to pay for it.......paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
Old 06-25-2008, 09:48 PM   #2065
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
We had a 1.9 earthquake today

About 4:15 pm I felt a strong single jolt....it was about 3 miles off the ocean in Santa Monica and about 7 miles deep......nothing fell....just a reminder that we are not in control....paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
Old 06-25-2008, 11:23 PM   #2066
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Three Rivers , California
Been gone to Idaho for 9 days and had a great time with my 60+ Sisters on the Fly. Great food, gifts, wine, beer, martinis, shopping, you name it. Just good old sister gab fest. Took my AS and pulled like a dream. No probs. Took 5 dogs and all are so well behaved except for my never gonna grow up Lab. She thinks she needs to drive, be a lap dog and of course a protector from everything she can see. Puppys were great little travelers. Sold one male to a Sister and he will have a great home in Moscow, Id.
Later all.
AIR #17571
chapparel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:58 PM   #2067
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Welcome back, Martha.
Sounds like a PARTY! It's amazing that you traveled with 5 dogs, do they all sat in the cat whilest driving?
Any photos to share?

=^^=
Old 06-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #2068
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
Well, now it's happen to me !

As I mentioned to you guys, I lost the front left tire and had the damage repaired at C&G. Got the AS back in one week. I was bragging how quick Rod was in getting it to me. Well, he was a little too quick! I'm down in San Diego, CA right now and when I hooked up to the city water system and all hell broke loose!

Suni was cleaning the toilet and when she flushed it water came up from the toilet. She let out a scream! "Rick, get in here! the toilet is leaking a spilling water all over"!

When I connected the street water to the outside connection, I heard a funny sound which I never had heard before. The sound was like when you connect to the "jeffy black tank cleaner sprayer" thingy that jet sprays your tank.

It just kept going and going. When I got inside, I could see the black tank was full of water and not "yellow" water. but clean street water! I immediately turned off the street water, opened the black tank drain of which flushed out the black tank. That seems to have fixed the problem of the continues leaking of the toilet. What's weird is that I can use the on-board water tank with no problem but not the street system. I think they connected it wrong or didn't. Now I'm worried that water has gotten into the underbelly.

I called Rod and he's on vacation till Monday. Left him a pleasant message. Well see what happens. To be continued..........

Rick

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #2069
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Sorry to hear of the problems Rick. Keep us posted and enjoy the rest of your trip. Ron
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #2070
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, Rick; Sounds like maybe the city water and the tank flusher hoses got crossed during repair. Try hooking your water hose to the flush connection. I could hear Suni screaming from here in Lakewood.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #2071
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapparel View Post
Been gone to Idaho for 9 days and had a great time with my 60+ Sisters on the Fly. Great food, gifts, wine, beer, martinis, shopping, you name it. Just good old sister gab fest. Took my AS and pulled like a dream. No probs. Took 5 dogs and all are so well behaved except for my never gonna grow up Lab. She thinks she needs to drive, be a lap dog and of course a protector from everything she can see. Puppys were great little travelers. Sold one male to a Sister and he will have a great home in Moscow, Id.
Later all.
Welcome back, Martha. I am glad you had a nice time, and especially that you had no problems!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:45 AM   #2072
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Three Rivers , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE View Post
Welcome back, Martha.
Sounds like a PARTY! It's amazing that you traveled with 5 dogs, do they all sat in the cat whilest driving?
Any photos to share?

=^^=
__________________________________________________ ______________

Thanks C, no I did not take the cat. I partitioned the back seat into two sections and also the passenger side seat. Tori sat in passenger seat, Haley the Lab was in one section of back seat and the puppys were on the other side of back seat. Only Haley was able to come to the console between front seats. She has to help me drive don'cha know. Webster, the cat, stayed home with the bird. They have much respect for each other. Neither one are allowed to get to each other. ^..^'s
Sorry, no photos.
AIR #17571
chapparel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:41 AM   #2073
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapparel View Post
__________________________________________________ ______________

Thanks C, no I did not take the cat. I partitioned the back seat into two sections and also the passenger side seat. Tori sat in passenger seat, Haley the Lab was in one section of back seat and the puppys were on the other side of back seat. Only Haley was able to come to the console between front seats. She has to help me drive don'cha know. Webster, the cat, stayed home with the bird. They have much respect for each other. Neither one are allowed to get to each other. ^..^'s
Sorry, no photos.
Wow, sounds very organized. I bet the puppys had a lots of fun traveling. It's good to have a co-pilot to keep you company whilst driving.
Glad you had a fun trip.
=^^=
Old 06-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #2074
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Petersen Museum info

This is preliminary information.....we can visit the museum as a group with the car club admission $6 Adults $4 Seniors for groups of 10 or more which includes a guided tour. They are bringing in the 1936 Airstream Clipper for the exhibit by crane and have confirmed that bringing our Airstreams really isn't possible. However, they will waive the parking fee since they cannot accommodate our Airstreams.

I will throw out a possible date---Saturday, October 25 at 2:30 pm? How does that sound? (Other times that day include 10 am, 11:30 am or 1 pm) I think there is an area where we could bring lunch and pretend we prepared a pot luck in our Airstream.......any thoughts? paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
Old 06-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #2075
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
soooo long from now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteSpot View Post
This is preliminary information.....we can visit the museum as a group with the car club admission $6 Adults $4 Seniors for groups of 10 or more which includes a guided tour. They are bringing in the 1936 Airstream Clipper for the exhibit by crane and have confirmed that bringing our Airstreams really isn't possible. However, they will waive the parking fee since they cannot accommodate our Airstreams.

I will throw out a possible date---Saturday, October 25 at 2:30 pm? How does that sound? (Other times that day include 10 am, 11:30 am or 1 pm) I think there is an area where we could bring lunch and pretend we prepared a pot luck in our Airstream.......any thoughts? paula
Great research Paula, but why wait until October???? Except for that retired couple that hangs out with us, October seems like a long way from now, and isn't that close to the Fall Rally? Maybe that is the soonest they can schedule a tour?

John
Old 06-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #2076
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE View Post
Great research Paula, but why wait until October???? Except for that retired couple that hangs out with us, October seems like a long way from now, and isn't that close to the Fall Rally? Maybe that is the soonest they can schedule a tour?

John
That time period was Uwe's suggestion. It appears that he has a big renovation job that is taking his time and attention for now and I was trying to respect that. (Not that we have anything to do with trying not to distract him or anything). The Petersen is requesting a 3 week advance request and I suspect they are pretty open. (Also we are planning on taking our new trailer to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta the beginning of October and will be gone from the 1st - 15th and the Fall Rally is the 18th of October). Perhaps Uwe will weigh in here. paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
Old 06-27-2008, 06:45 PM   #2077
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Crane at the Petersen

Here is the crane ride for the exhibit. This photo Credit: Petersen Automotive Museum

Paula
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Petersen Picture-2- 065.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	62935  
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
Old 06-27-2008, 06:51 PM   #2078
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Lets go earlier. Uwe wrecked his back already on someones tanks. We may as well go while he's still in the wheelchair.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #2079
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Hi all,

I don't mean to jump in to the middle of this conversation, regarding the peterson automotive museum. We are going there in about a week. Do you know if there is parking around the area that we can park the TV and AS for the afternoon?

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:09 PM   #2080
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Parking around the Petersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 Flying View Post
Hi all,

I don't mean to jump in to the middle of this conversation, regarding the peterson automotive museum. We are going there in about a week. Do you know if there is parking around the area that we can park the TV and AS for the afternoon?
The short answer is no. But where there is a will there is a way. Diagonally across the street is a closed up diner that has a big sign in the window that it is for rent for movies.....when I drive by there, there always seems to be room in the parking lot......don't know how you can contact people in advance...except if I can remember to get a phone number when I drive by there. We have a rental house that we are working on in the neighborhood....also, the LA County Art Museum is across the street, perhaps a call to them might find something. Many of the neighborhoods around this area have restrictive parking so it is very tough to just park on the street...also a call to the museum might help....they do have a pull in area...perhaps that would be allowed for a quick visit....anyone else have any ideas? paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593