uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babeebloos
The wind here in Laguna Beach goes from virtually 'still' to 'maniac crazy' lifting patio chairs and tables turning...SMOKE is terrible...yellow grey everywhere!
Firetrucks are 'patrolling' around...checking out the fire roads and brush nearby, I think checking on the dryness and possibilities, they're 'on it' for sure, I feel rather safe but I'm packed for a quick getaway just in case.

My Bambi is another story...she's right up in the area near Uwe, not near homes, so I don't know if the storage area would be a top priority...

"There's always somethin"...Emily Latilla
Debra,

You might want to either call or find out otherwise if you can get up there, just in case. This would be a most excellent time to check and make sure your insurance is up and runing. Bake Pkwy is closed going up to your storage facility. Peope are getting their trailers and MoHos out of there. It does look ike most of te fire is up in the hills, though, like near us. We aren't threatened, at this point. It is very close, though. Let me know if you need help with saving Bambi.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:12 PM   #478
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
OK,I just went up to the park on top of our Cliff, and it looks as though the Bambi is ok. It will be dusty and windblown, but it should be fine. The fire is a ways off from where your storage lot is, at least for now.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:37 PM   #479
3 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Brea , California
I'm in Brea in the hills on the border of OC and LA countys. It's windy but not as much as what I'm hearing from other areas.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:29 PM   #480
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
San Diego fires

Just heard that they are sending San Diego evacutees to San Clemente State Beach.

What's next.

time
Old 10-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #481
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE

What's next.

time
You had to ask...

New fire less than a mile to the West of us. Fortunately the wind is blowing West. Unfortunately that will push it towards Simi Valley. Gladly Kev is in the West South West of that Valley and should be no worries.

Oh, and there is no Fire Dpt. responding. Frankly there are not anyto respond.

Ron, stay in Mexico. You are way too close to retirement to be pulling hose up the hills and with the current manpower (no offense Deb.) shortage even you lazy white shirts and hats types are on the line.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #482
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
You had to ask...

New fire less than a mile to the West of us. Fortunately the wind is blowing West. Unfortunately that will push it towards Simi Valley. Gladly Kev is in the West South West of that Valley and should be no worries.

Oh, and there is no Fire Dpt. responding. Frankly there are not anyto respond.

Ron, stay in Mexico. You are way too close to retirement to be pulling hose up the hills and with the current manpower (no offense Deb.) shortage even you lazy white shirts and hats types are on the line.

Milo,

Watching the Valencia "brush fire" right now on TV news.

Stay safe M & K & D-OH-GEE.

I second that request to Ron and Debbie, I am so glad they are down in Mexico.........

My other brother (not Uwe) was up in Santa Barbara when he heard his house in Rancho Penasquitos was 1000 feet from a hot spot in SanDiego Co.
He is now here in Huntington Beach waiting for the all clear to go home, it probably will be tomorrow.

So intstead of what's next, I hate to say, who's next, nobody I hope.

time
Old 10-22-2007, 10:44 PM   #483
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Quote:
You had to ask...

Too late. When we wrapped up our business here today, I called in to see if they needed me. Silly question. When we get back tomorrow they'll tell me where to report. The last hurrah I guess. R
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:04 PM   #484
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8strm
Too late. When we wrapped up our business here today, I called in to see if they needed me. Silly question. When we get back tomorrow they'll tell me where to report. The last hurrah I guess. R
If you were not such a hero I would call you a bonehead......

Just figure you have some extra help in your pocket...all of your Airstream buddies/buddettes.

times
Old 10-22-2007, 11:08 PM   #485
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE
If you were not such a hero I would call you a bonehead......

Just figure you have some extra help in your pocket...all of your Airstream buddies/buddettes.

times
I thank you, I think. I may not see you folks in Bolsa, at least not the first day. Deb will be there with the mothership and the beasts. I'll try to get down when I can. Let's hope for a change in the wind and humidity. R
Old 10-22-2007, 11:21 PM   #486
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
I thank you, I think. I may not see you folks in Bolsa, at least not the first day. Deb will be there with the mothership and the beasts. I'll try to get down when I can. Let's hope for a change in the wind and humidity. R
I am walking outside as I type, I am now blowing east as hard as I can to change the tide.........the wind here is down to 5 mph.....maybe we will sww you the first day at B.C.

time
Old 10-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #487
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Ron, I love you but..Dumbarse! Have you learned nothing in 30 years of County service?

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #488
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Mr and Mrs Goin,

Glad to here that you are out of danger, you can still come south just for fun....come a day or two early before Bolsa Chica.

time
Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #489
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
We'll all be thinking of you str8s.
Hopefully the weather will change and calm those fires.
Take good care and be safe!
We'll see you soon.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:25 PM   #490
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Quote:
Ron, I love you but..Dumbarse! Have you learned nothing in 30 years of County service?
I know, I know, Deb didn't say it, but I could tell that she was thinkin' it. What can I say. Gotta set a good example for the new kids. R