Old 09-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #2423
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
New Socal Streamers

So what's the deal guys? I wanna see some more action on this thread.... I'm rebuilding my 59 Pacer and we need to have some objectives set for completion. I'm not using one of the big midwest rallies because we can only take off extended weekends at this point, and not even very often at that. Driving more than 7-8 hours each way is out of the question.

Personally, if I can get the floor, interior skins, and running gear items all done by December (likely) then we plan to go over to Joshua Tree NP for some aluminum tent camping for 3-4 days.

And my further objective is to have all the major systems and bed frame complete by April when I have two weekends off to choose from-- either hitting the tail end of wildflower season in Death Valley or maybe an early trip up Big Sur

Finally, the "finished" trailer would be done in the summer, where I plan to take as many weekends as possible for eastern Sierra trips up CA-395.

So are there any rallies/ trips I should docket for instead as an objective? I'd love to see some other airstreamers, especially if they want to come hiking, offroading, rock/fossil finding, geocaching, etc.

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #2424
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Woodland Hills , California
Streamers Rally Planning and General Off Topic Yak Thread

Silverbacksurfer and I have been camping at premier surf spots, up and down the coast, all this past year. We are leaving for a two week trip to Alburquerque Balloon Fiesta this next Monday. Wanted to go to The Kern, but way too busy. Going to Vintage trailer show in Solvang this weekend.150 trailers and the second annual show. Should be a large turn out.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #2425
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Just keep clicking on the Rally Calendar.
Lots of things pop up from time to time.
And keep checking the Forum Rally thread as well as this one.

Or if you have an idea, post it and others will likely join you.

Happy trails and see you somewhere soon!

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #2426
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Streamers Rally

Hey BamCamper, I am wondering what weekend the 2012 Kern Rally will be. October 1 is when spaces go on sale for 2012. Many people prefer to be right on the river and need to make an early reservation to get a space. Thank you and looking forward to the date.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #2427
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Good thought. We usually decide on dates as a group when we are at the rally and then lots of people reserve for the following year before they leave. It's so easy when you are there in person.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #2428
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
Good thought. We usually decide on dates as a group when we are at the rally and then lots of people reserve for the following year before they leave. It's so easy when you are there in person.
Well that's a great thought, but it really doesn't work that way. Last year, by the time you guys decided on the date, all the river spots were gone. I couldn't get one and attend this years rally. Doesn't it make more sense to have the rally on a fixed weekend. It could be the third or fourth weekend in Oct every year. By the end of Oct all the good spots are sold out for the next year. This is also better for those, who can't attend one year, but want to attend the following year.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #2429
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Glendale , California
Morro bay kite festival & parade 2012

[QUOTE=silverbacksurfer;977721]Good day streamers , As some of you know I 'am having to pull out of the MORRO BAY RALLY ,due to unexpected shoulder surgery , very disappointing. Oh well I try to make the best of it .This rally coincides with the MORRO BAY KITE FESTIVAL & PARADE .Here is the link Home . I still have my reservation, I hear it is sold out, I would love for my space to go to someone in our informal group .Rally should be a blast, again sorry I can not make it . There is always 2012 KITE FESTIVAL. I LIKE EVEN YEARS DONT KNOW WHY .[/QUOTE

Well here we go again, any interest in 2012 Morro Bay Kite Festival, it is the last weekend in April every year . Here is the link .
Home

Right across the street Morro Dunes Rv Park. Link Welcome To Morro Dunes RV Park 1700 Embarcadero, Morro Bay CA 93442 (805) 772-2722

Any interest.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #2430
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
[QUOTE=silverbacksurfer;1049152]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbacksurfer View Post
Good day streamers , As some of you know I 'am having to pull out of the MORRO BAY RALLY ,due to unexpected shoulder surgery , very disappointing. Oh well I try to make the best of it .This rally coincides with the MORRO BAY KITE FESTIVAL & PARADE .Here is the link Home . I still have my reservation, I hear it is sold out, I would love for my space to go to someone in our informal group .Rally should be a blast, again sorry I can not make it . There is always 2012 KITE FESTIVAL. I LIKE EVEN YEARS DONT KNOW WHY .[/QUOTE

Well here we go again, any interest in 2012 Morro Bay Kite Festival, it is the last weekend in April every year . Here is the link .
Home

Right across the street Morro Dunes Rv Park. Link Welcome To Morro Dunes RV Park 1700 Embarcadero, Morro Bay CA 93442 (805) 772-2722

Any interest.
I've got school that weekend.

I'll be there in spirit...

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #2431
2 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
Looks like we are finally booked for Rivernook this year. We look forward to seeing everyone again!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #2432
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Yay! It will be great to see everyone at Rivernook this year.

As many have noticed, it has been challenging to make reservations for the first time this year. As has been suggested, we will get together once we all arrive and determine an ongoing date (such as the third weekend in October but don't quote me on that yet). We would also like to check out the campground next door for a possible future site. I'm not sure of the name but I know many people have stayed there. Martha? That may also be a possibility for those who can't get into Rivernook. You can always come for the potluck or just to hang out. So watch the Kernville thread for updates and I hope to see most of you there soon.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #2433
Rivet Master

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
The campground next door is Camp James. It's a lovely, and well maintained park. We've stayed there in a beautiful river front spot, but we found that we didn't like it nearly as much as Rivernook. It's not nearly as spacious, and they are a little more uptight about their rules than we like. But it is a great idea for the ralliers that have been unable to get reservations at Rivernook to stay there instead. There is a path that connects the two parks, so any Airstreamers would be able to walk to the events, and stumble their way back to their trailers

We stay a Rivernook a few times and year. Really like the location, and the park. But yeah, it is nearly impossible to get them on the phone I have found that if you call on a Tuesday, you are much more likely to speak with someone, or at the very least get a prompt call back.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #2434
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Three Rivers , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASwifey View Post
The campground next door is Camp James. It's a lovely, and well maintained park. We've stayed there in a beautiful river front spot, but we found that we didn't like it nearly as much as Rivernook. It's not nearly as spacious, and they are a little more uptight about their rules than we like. But it is a great idea for the ralliers that have been unable to get reservations at Rivernook to stay there instead. There is a path that connects the two parks, so any Airstreamers would be able to walk to the events, and stumble their way back to their trailers

We stay a Rivernook a few times and year. Really like the location, and the park. But yeah, it is nearly impossible to get them on the phone I have found that if you call on a Tuesday, you are much more likely to speak with someone, or at the very least get a prompt call back.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Ditto what ASwifey said.
AIR #17571
chapparel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #2435
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
So... What is the current headcount? The rally list shows 8 yes, 4 maybe, and 1 no. Based on some of the posts it sounded like there may be more than the 8 that said 'yes'. This will be our first rally and we can't wait! Never been around so many Airstreams while camping before. This is going to be so much fun!
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:33 AM   #2436
Tool Hoarder

Currently Looking...
West , California
Love to join on a trip as long as some one will buck rivets with ( hint hint Kenny) me