Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Burning Man 2019! Planning thread begins again...

Happy New Year once again Airstreameri!

2019 has arrived and another Burn looms in our summer future.
Hope everyone is well and your holiday season was wonderful.
And yes, it is again time to get the 2019 Playa Planning going.
Hard to believe it started in 2007 when I camped next to Nevada Geo at Burnstream Court.
Off we go again!

*This year's event is: Noon Sunday August 25 - Monday September 2.
*Location: Beautiful Black Rock Desert, Nevada. (The middle of nowhere)
*Theme: Metamorphoses

Every year our group of Airstreameri (as we are called) come from all over and meet on the Playa to create a theme camp around our Airstreams. We offer up a variety of things to the Burning Man Community.

Anyone is welcome to join us and participation in the camp is a must.
There are no "camp fees" but each individual is required to buy their own ticket and vehicle pass. Tickets are not yet on sale but visit burningman.org for all the latest info. Tickets do sell out quickly so read all the info and get ready to jump on line when they become available. It’s happening soon.

The Burning Man Event is not for everyone. It's wildly creative and crazy on a 24 hour clock. If you have not attended before, read everything on the Burning Man site about the event and especially the preparation information. It is a boondocking, Leave No Trace event and you must pack in and pack out everything you need. You may also want to sign up for the Burning Man newsletter, the Jackrabbit Speaks, (JRS) to get current updates and info.

It is not a typical music festival. There is an incredible community of participants who build the camps and the city, amazing art, all varieties of music, and constant colorful surprises in every form.

The weather is often rough and always unpredictable. It can be blistering hot, freezing cold, rainy and muddy and usually windy. Your Airstream will be full of soft, talc like dust. It doesn't scratch or damage but it does creep in no matter what you do. And never completely leaves.

Then there are also those perfect days. And beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Just be prepared.

If you would like to join us, please do. Introduce yourself here and jump on this thread to help with the planning. We like to have a rough idea how many are attending and what they will be camping in so we can very loosely lay out our camp. All are welcome.

We offer a bar for our camp and the community at large (that anyone can host any time of the day with whatever they would like to share), a shade structure "post office" for making post cards (that we stamp and mail for people), the amazing (VVV) volcano art car will be back better than ever with its 4th makeover, there will be a potluck (or several), a variety of games and activities, and of course whatever else you would like to contribute would be great. New ideas/suggestions/offerings are always welcome. Let us know here what you'd like to do. The theme this year again offers endless possibilities. Can't wait to see what shows up!

Looking forward to another fantastic year.
Let the planning begin!
Cheers,
Laurel (aka Bam)

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Welcome Home

Welcome home fellow Dustyites. Happy New Year and see everyone soon.
We see a lot of Airstreams out on the playa that are braving the dust alone; if you're interested we'll make room for you. We just need an uneducated number to make our wild a...sed guess on how much room we need when we send in the application in April. or is that in March?
Now, plan on. Will be an interesting year already!

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:48 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

etobicoke , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Welcome home fellow Dustyites. Happy New Year and see everyone soon.
We see a lot of Airstreams out on the playa that are braving the dust alone; if you're interested we'll make room for you. We just need an uneducated number to make our wild a...sed guess on how much room we need when we send in the application in April. or is that in March?
Now, plan on. Will be an interesting year already!
Hey everyone, cant believe 2019 is here and the countdown begins. Olga and I are in again this year with little Jayden and Ryken this year too!! We will have the same setup as last year but also thinking of how I can help/design a much bigger shade structure with couches and stuff... let me put some thought into this and get back to everyone on my ideas.

Hope everyone finished off 2018 with a bang!!
jonvoigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:53 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Bam, next year I'm expecting you to post the 2020 page at 12:01 AM (that would be 00:01 military time) on 1 Jan.

Zep
Old 01-04-2019, 06:43 AM   #5
Stay Calm and Stream On

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Palm Springs , California
Really tempted to go, it’s been awhile 2005-2008. Stayed at the VW Bus Camp, now have my 2017 25a AS. Good times.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

San Jose , California
Maybe interested

You can put me down as tentative. I haven’t airstreamed in but may do so this year. Would be great to connect with others. I have a 19 ft if you need that info.
SanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:36 AM   #7
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
Bam, next year I'm expecting you to post the 2020 page at 12:01 AM (that would be 00:01 military time) on 1 Jan.

Zep
Will do!

Be sure to call me and remind me...
😎
Old 01-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #8
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
Subscribing again
Old 01-05-2019, 10:05 PM   #9

chagrin falls , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
Happy New Year once again Airstreameri!

2019 has arrived and another Burn looms in our summer future.

Hope everyone is well and your holiday season was wonderful.

And yes, it is again time to get the 2019 Playa Planning going.

Hard to believe it started in 2007 when I camped next to Nevada Geo at Burnstream Court.

Off we go again!

*This year's event is: Noon Sunday August 25 - Monday September 2.

*Location: Beautiful Black Rock Desert, Nevada. (The middle of nowhere)

*Theme: Metamorphoses

Every year our group of Airstreameri (as we are called) come from all over and meet on the Playa to create a theme camp around our Airstreams. We offer up a variety of things to the Burning Man Community.

Anyone is welcome to join us and participation in the camp is a must.

There are no "camp fees" but each individual is required to buy their own ticket and vehicle pass. Tickets are not yet on sale but visit burningman.org for all the latest info. Tickets do sell out quickly so read all the info and get ready to jump on line when they become available. It’s happening soon.

The Burning Man Event is not for everyone. It's wildly creative and crazy on a 24 hour clock. If you have not attended before, read everything on the Burning Man site about the event and especially the preparation information. It is a boondocking, Leave No Trace event and you must pack in and pack out everything you need. You may also want to sign up for the Burning Man newsletter, the Jackrabbit Speaks, (JRS) to get current updates and info.

It is not a typical music festival. There is an incredible community of participants who build the camps and the city, amazing art, all varieties of music, and constant colorful surprises in every form.

The weather is often rough and always unpredictable. It can be blistering hot, freezing cold, rainy and muddy and usually windy. Your Airstream will be full of soft, talc like dust. It doesn't scratch or damage but it does creep in no matter what you do. And never completely leaves.

Then there are also those perfect days. And beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Just be prepared.

If you would like to join us, please do. Introduce yourself here and jump on this thread to help with the planning. We like to have a rough idea how many are attending and what they will be camping in so we can very loosely lay out our camp. All are welcome.

We offer a bar for our camp and the community at large (that anyone can host any time of the day with whatever they would like to share), a shade structure "post office" for making post cards (that we stamp and mail for people), the amazing (VVV) volcano art car will be back better than ever with its 4th makeover, there will be a potluck (or several), a variety of games and activities, and of course whatever else you would like to contribute would be great. New ideas/suggestions/offerings are always welcome. Let us know here what you'd like to do. The theme this year again offers endless possibilities. Can't wait to see what shows up!

Looking forward to another fantastic year.

Let the planning begin!

Cheers,

Laurel (aka Bam)

Happy New Year Bam!
We are Airstream nubbies and long time wishing to became burners. We would love to join you in 2019, considering we will be able to get tickets. How can we help and prepare the trailer for it?

thanks,
Gus
gmichels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #10
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Welcome Gus and any other Newbs!
There is a ton of prep info on the Burning Man web site. Check it out.

As far as Airstreams go...some people tape or cover their windows...it helps but nothing keeps the dust out completely. I cover my upholstery with old sheets and most of the floor with rugs or mats. it does absorb a lot of the dust you bring in on yourself and your clothes.

People will chime in with lots of tips and tricks. Questions/thoughts/ideas are always welcome. Airstreameri? This thread gets a lot more active as we get closer to summer and people have tickets in hand.

Cheers!

Old 01-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Hope to see everyone in 2019, This means you, Bam, Funkee, Punky, Shep, Gyno 6, and others MIA in 2018.

ObiWan
jgeurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:56 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
Denver , Colorado
Returner burners

Hi all,

Joining the thread. We have camped with the Contraptionists for a number of years. We just bought our airstreams me now call it home. We are considering a camp switch. We have served snow cones and French fries as our BM camp contribution, which makes it tough to leave. We are exploring other possibilities and wanted to check out this group. Thank you for the inclusivity!

Happy Baby and Eye Candy
RChrisClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:47 AM   #13

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Portland , OR
Predicated on getting a ticket I'll be with you in 2019. I have a 20' flying cloud. Last two years I was sleeping on the ground with the Green Tortoise Camp thinking "why didn't I bring Bambi." This year she goes and I'll worry about the dust after it settles.
So count me in. I'll advise if I'm unable to get a ticket.
Silver Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:17 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
St Petersburg , Florida
Hi All!

I hope everyone has a good start to 2019. My fingers are crossed that this year I will be able to make it home again. I miss the Airstreameri family and want to head home to see everyone! Fingers crossed!!

Brother Bill
StreamRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:13 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RChrisClark View Post
Hi all,

Joining the thread. We have camped with the Contraptionists for a number of years. We just bought our airstreams me now call it home. We are considering a camp switch. We have served snow cones and French fries as our BM camp contribution, which makes it tough to leave. We are exploring other possibilities and wanted to check out this group. Thank you for the inclusivity!

Happy Baby and Eye Candy
Welcome Kendall and Chis, we'll be expecting you. Keep posting now and then to help us with a more inaccurate wild a...sed guess of our numbers when we hit the submit button on our Airstreameri and WhatNot theme camp application in March or I'm not sure what month it is. Until then burn those slopes up! I think we have some others skiing up at Whistler at the moment.

NevadaGeo
Old 01-15-2019, 10:26 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
1st post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Burn View Post
Predicated on getting a ticket I'll be with you in 2019. I have a 20' flying cloud. Last two years I was sleeping on the ground with the Green Tortoise Camp thinking "why didn't I bring Bambi." This year she goes and I'll worry about the dust after it settles.
So count me in. I'll advise if I'm unable to get a ticket.
Wow whoa, we're honored your first post and you're posting to us fellow Dustyites! Welcome, keep posting now and then so we can annoy everyone equally er
Check out our old years threads. We don't reinvent our wheel every year, just rub off the round parts to make it more bumpy er. You've been a few years, you might have an idea for us. You might recognize our Volcano MV, the VVV.
We usually hide around 3:00 and way the f.... out there somewhere, where is the Green Toroise camp?
Come to think about it, everyone of us was a newbie on here at one time. We keep coming back to try to get it right or left or down or up.
And welcome home!

NevadaGeo
Old 01-15-2019, 10:56 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Wow, thousand views with no pics yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airsterameri 2018.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	331790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Moth wanted.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	331791  

Click image for larger version

Name:	VVV.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	331792   Click image for larger version

Name:	No Glitter.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	331793  

NevadaGeo
Old 01-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #18
ranchometal

2014 23' Flying Cloud
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Mare Island , California
I'm sure it would be a blast to attend. I've wanted to since it used to be in SF years ago... I'm one of those folks who will wimp out if dust gets permanently engraved in my precious AS, but I'm happy to keep up with your folks' news. Wonderful to see you on the forum!
ranchometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
St auguatine , Florida
Going to Burning Man is one of two things left on my bucket list! But I am concerned about my dog, Earl the Girl and my Airstream Interstate. Anyone been thru the Burn with an AI and a skittish rescue? Advice? Earl loves the van but she needs her excersise and the AI is irritatingly finicky. Thanx—-REALLY want to join in!
carpenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:51 PM   #20
MCJ
1 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
San Francisco , California
This sounds like a great camp! I first went to BM in '99, lead a theme camp in 2000 and then went again in 2007. However, 11 years later I think I'm ready to go again but this time in my 2018 22FB. Looking forward to following the threads.
MCJ is offline   Reply With Quote