Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2019, 01:56 PM   #101
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Salida , Colorado
Attending

Maysville. Bev van Santen 16達ambi and Tundra as long as I can get vehicle pass. Singh. Long dry. If anyone has extra vehicle pass I値l buy.
maysville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:25 AM   #102
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Updated Roll Call!

1) Obiwan & Dean the Mushroom Yoda: 24' Airstream Interstate motorhome (no tow vehicle) + a small yurt and monkey hut style shade structure. Obi arriving early on Friday am (Dean coming in later on the Burner Express)

2) Angela B & friend: small teardrop trailer with an SUV tow vehicle, coming in early on Saturday.

3) Twig & Squeeze: 16' Bambi Sport + Toyota 4Runner tow vehicle. Twig arriving early on Monday AM, Squeeze arriving later on Thursday PM on Burner Express.

4) Paige & Conroy: 25' Safari + F-250 Truck

5) Bev van Santen: 16’Bambi and Tundra (as long as I can get vehicle pass)

6) Funkee & Juju: 25' Rental RV (the Silver Olive is in the ICU) coming in Saturday the 24th?
jgeurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:48 PM   #103
2 Rivet Member

etobicoke , California
Adding us to the mix!

1) Obiwan & Dean the Mushroom Yoda: 24' Airstream Interstate motorhome (no tow vehicle) + a small yurt and monkey hut style shade structure. Obi arriving early on Friday am (Dean coming in later on the Burner Express)

2) Angela B & friend: small teardrop trailer with an SUV tow vehicle, coming in early on Saturday.

3) Twig & Squeeze: 16' Bambi Sport + Toyota 4Runner tow vehicle. Twig arriving early on Monday AM, Squeeze arriving later on Thursday PM on Burner Express.

6) Funkee & Juju: 25' Rental RV (the Silver Olive is in the ICU) coming in Saturday the 24th?

7) Jon & Olga (Plus kids Jayden + Ryken) (Plus Mom Liz is coming mid week - Thurs): 30' Flying Cloud + Truck. Will be bringing the dome as well, 24' diameter, hoping we setup that where we had my shade structure last year, beside the post office. Will be bringing our camp sign too. (Coming Friday 23rd)
jonvoigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:29 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Updated Roll Call

5) Bev van Santen: 16達ambi and Tundra (as long as I can get vehicle pass)

6) Funkee & Juju: 25' Rental RV and 10X20 shade structure (the Silver Olive is in the ICU) coming in Saturday the 24th

7) Jon & Olga (Plus kids Jayden + Ryken) (Plus Mom Liz is coming mid week - Thurs): 30' Flying Cloud + Truck. Will be bringing the dome as well, 24' diameter, hoping we setup that where we had my shade structure last year, beside the post office. Will be bringing our camp sign too. (Coming Friday 23rd)
2006 F-150 Lariat QuadCrew
AIR 31804
WBCCI 10718
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:30 AM   #105
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Salida , Colorado
Address for the camp

I picked up my vehicle pass yesterday so am good to go. Will be arriving Sunday.
First timer
What is address of the camp?
Is there a post somewhere that explains mission|theme if the camp?
Thank you
Bev
Old 08-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #106
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Welcome Bev! look for the big aluminum peace sign and the 24foot geodesic dome at 3:15 and Hyacinth. Obiwan
Old 08-13-2019, 09:42 AM   #107
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Jillybean and I have just left Zep’s place, and are now in Telluride for the mushroom festival. I am all packed up for the Burn. Picked up Twig’s folding table at Zep’s. Stopping at north rim Grand Canyon and Zion on the way. I will drop Jilly at the Vegas airport and come the rest of the way in solo.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:21 AM   #108
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Salida , Colorado
Post office

I just saw a photo of the post office yesterday and thought how cool it is. I pulled out a stack of post cards I bought in China to bring. I値l bring some postage stamps and art supplies.
Checking out what shade structure I can add. Will dig out horse shoes and croquet set.
A trip to Costco should take care of my bar contribution.
I値l bring extra tables and chairs for the community.
Please let me know if there is any community needs. I am Driving from Colorado. Will have a Tundra hauling my Little Guy

Maysville Bev
Old 08-14-2019, 02:51 PM   #109
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Salida , Colorado
Food for all

I am finally able to totally concentrate on BM planning. So far I have international stamps and a few random US stamps for the PO, have ordered film for my instant camera, personal items together and now working on food.
About how many people in the camp? I make a killer spaghetti sauce so am planning that for a potluck evening. Also looking into no bake goodies I can prepare. I am planning rice Krispie treats and no bake chocolate cookies as a starter.
About how many will be in our group?
I found out today that I am supposed to wait until BM to have a camp name but would love to be able to use the name Maysville, the spot in the road in Colorado where I reside.
Can you tell I am getting excited?
Maysville
Old 08-14-2019, 10:55 PM   #110
2 Rivet Member

etobicoke , California
Hey everyone,

As "most" of you know I'm bringing a 24ft dome. We want to hang hammocks, hanging chairs and have seats inside. I need to do an inventory of who is bringing those for it so I can make sure we have enough seating and stuff.

Please reply on here and I'll record the numbers of things.

Thanks and see you all soon!

Astro
jonvoigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:18 AM   #111

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Here and There , California
Uno Mas

8) RonL: New to me 19' Bambi and same old Chevy truck.
Tranquilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:57 PM   #112
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonvoigt View Post
Hey everyone,

As "most" of you know I'm bringing a 24ft dome. We want to hang hammocks, hanging chairs and have seats inside. I need to do an inventory of who is bringing those for it so I can make sure we have enough seating and stuff.

Thanks and see you all soon!

Astro
I have one hammock on the way.
Obiwan
Old 08-15-2019, 11:14 PM   #113
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Add NevadaGeo and Carl and Ca 31 foot Excalla and truck. Will need the truck accessible to the street. ( can’t seem to get the computer to log in but the phone is)

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:58 AM   #114
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Red face Roll Call - updated

9) Nevada Geo with brother Carl & Cat-tastic in the 31 foot Excella and truck. Will need the truck accessible to the street.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #115
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
- , My heart is in Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by maysville View Post
I just saw a photo of the post office yesterday and thought how cool it is. I pulled out a stack of post cards I bought in China to bring. I値l bring some postage stamps and art supplies.
Checking out what shade structure I can add. Will dig out horse shoes and croquet set.
A trip to Costco should take care of my bar contribution.
I値l bring extra tables and chairs for the community.
Please let me know if there is any community needs. I am Driving from Colorado. Will have a Tundra hauling my Little Guy

Maysville Bev

Hey Maysville! Welcome!!!

I'm no authority, but can help with some of your query...I think you can plan for about 20-25 folks at potluck, though we always invite more in from street. S'ghetti sounds great. Snacks for the group and greater citizenry are always wonderful, and never go to waste, particularly when placed on the bar.

We provide blank post cards for people to decorate themselves (I don't know what kind of postcards you have to bring, but you may not want to bother bringing them). Postage (particularly international) is great, however.

Sounds like Astro (John) is looking to know what kind of seating/cushions/hammocks/rugs people are bringing for the dome, so if you've got something for that, that's great! (Post it so he can add it to his list). An extra chair for the Postcard table could be helpful.

You're enthusiasm is awesome,looking forward to meeting you. Have a great trip from CO!

Tango (Paige)
Papatango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:22 PM   #116
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
- , My heart is in Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonvoigt View Post
...I'm bringing a 24ft dome. We want to hang hammocks, hanging chairs and have seats inside. I need to do an inventory of who is bringing those for it so I can make sure we have enough seating and stuff.

Astro

We have 2 hammocks for the dome.
Papatango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #117
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
It's getting time!!!
Sorta activities list
Saturday nite, Man the Borders Party!
Sunday Welcome Home Party
Mornings when it happens, Xhi Dong exercising with Cat-Tastic. Somebody bring a machine to play the music while she leads.
All week, The Best Post Card Table, we help them make the post cards to send misleading information home. Also show them Put the address here, stamp goes here, you write here..

Monday afternoon, More Welcome Home
TuTu Tusday
Wednesday 6PM Potluck dinner, bring enough for you and a few others to eat. Then afterward our Arm Waving Multisyllabic Dusty Science talk. Or Poetry by Michel. Or Nuclear Physicist. or
Thursday Pilgrimage to the Temple where we honor those brave folks that have passed before we. With your photos, written word, dog collar, whatever you need for closure.
Friday, a few of us will help with the After Bike Ride Party if we can find it, we have to find the planning meeting by talking to the man driving Soul Train.
Saturday we usually make a group ride to the Man Burn. 9:00PM?
Sunday we go to the Temple Burn, 8:00 I think.
Then we get kicked out again, they don't want us on playa for another year.
Feel free to add whatever you want to to the list.
Virgin duties are:
Go out there and find, bring us back stories and photos of ALLLL the art that's on playa.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:09 AM   #118
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Salida , Colorado
Hammocks

i Have a hammock to contribute and a rug for the shade dome. Also small portable propane gas camp fire just in case for cool evening
Maysville
Old 08-20-2019, 06:00 AM   #119
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California

9) Nevada Geo with brother Carl & Cat-tastic in the 31 foot Excella and truck. Will need the truck accessible to the street.

10) Bam camping in silver sprinter van with EZ Up on least windy side

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:01 AM   #120
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
How's the hammock count going? Do we need more??

Also I know its last minute but is anyone bringing a bike rack?

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote