Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2019, 08:20 AM   #81
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Does anyone have any spare /unallocated tickets available? Michel
I think Bam's extra has been spoken for, but both RonL and I may have one extra. I'll send out a general email to all the likely suspects next week and we'll get this nailed down.

Dr Quark
Old 06-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #82
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Hi Elmer! Punky and Shep are planning to come, Billie just got leave approved. Hope you are doing well.
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:40 AM   #83
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 22
Ventura , California
Thanks Gigi, I'm doing fine, thanks ... well, old-and-cynical as usual, anyway!

I'm glad that they're both coming back this year, I missed them being there when I got to hang out with y'all last year.
elmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:14 PM   #84
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
- , My heart is in Colorado
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f160...m_medium=email

Hello All! I found this post on the forums and thought that this aluminiod motorhome may be able to find a home with some burner! Unfortunately, I have very limited access to cellular/internet at the moment, and am not in a position to find a good place to post it to get the word out to the larger burner community. If anyone has the desire, I'd ask them to repost somewhere where it would get more exposure to burners. It could make a great burn rig! Someone thought it has a trolley or street car windshield. This is truly a mutant airstream, but it may be sent to the scrap heap in a matter of weeks, so time is a factor.

Conroy and I are in MT, headed to ID. Probably will stay north of BRC until the time comes.

I'm working on ideas to make a metal, riveted, mailbox for our postcard plaza, but wanted to check in with y'all first. When the wind blows, the postcards fly, and last year we made a mailbox of cardboard and duct tape. Before I start to refine designs for a metal one, I wanted to make sure that there wasn't another box coming this year that just didn't make it last year. Also, would someone be able to take it with them after the man burns? I don't have a place to stash it until next year, as we are currently full timing.

Hope everyone is well, and am really looking forward to seeing one and all!

Much love, Paige
Papatango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:16 AM   #85
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
mailbox etc.

Hey Paige!

Cool share on the interesting classified, thanks for sharing. Hope it finds a home.

A riveted mailbox would be fantastic! Jethro has something he started a while back but it's not finished and we're thinking it should be used for another purpose as it's maybe not the best shape & size.

Feel sure you can find someone to store for you. We would but currently have house on market. Not sure when it will sell or where we will move. Trying hard to make it playa this year but we won't know until things play out and it is likely to be a last minute decision.

<3 Gigi
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:07 PM   #86
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
WTF!

Here we are , scrambling for our theme camp's limited direct sale tickets: Whether it's through begging, swapping, lending, giving or accommodating we all seem to be trying to help each other with the few tickets we do get , all the while floundering awash in a sea of anxiety and worry when lo and behold: Viagogo advertises that it has 647 tickets ready to go at 1200$ - 1500$ !

How do they get them? Does the org sell them to Viagogo ( and Vivid, scalpers and others) deliberately? If not, how can they not be suspect when an order for that number of tickets pops up?

It boggles the mind. If anyone has the answer, please share with me!
Old 06-27-2019, 01:07 PM   #87
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 22
Ventura , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
How do they get them? Does the org sell them to Viagogo ( and Vivid, scalpers and others) deliberately?
It boggles the mind. If anyone has the answer, please share with me!
It's absolutely disgusting, isn't it?

I've been told that since ticket scalping is legal in Nevada, the company may not actually *have* the tickets, and that they'll try to get people to sell them spare tickets and then add their markup. Apparently they then cancel purchases later on if they can't acquire enough tickets.

Horrible behavior, but that's capitalism in action, and it's what happens when you sell 20,000 tickets to burgins with no buy-in to the culture ... some of them will be asshats, and look to profit from their luck in the main sale.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:13 PM   #88
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 22
Ventura , California
Looks like Destiny Lounge is going to be in 3:00 & G Plaza this year, so I'm going to be really close to y'all lovely people if you're anywhere near where you were last year ... expect lots of visits!
Old 06-27-2019, 06:41 PM   #89
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Hot off the press! NevadaGeo reports that we will be at 3:15 and Hyacinth this year.
jgeurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:42 AM   #90

2018 16' Sport
1987 25' Sovereign
Maysville , Colorado
1st time burner needs a home

I just found out about this Burningman camper site from Girl Campers. I am 69 yo female who will be attending her first BMan. Although married I will be attending alone. Hubby wants nothing to do with the craziness. I haven't read the thread but will do.
I'd love to join you. Will be pulling 16' Airstream Bambi from Colorado, my first solo trip.
Bev
vantodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #91
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Salida , Colorado
My apologies for duplicate post. I changed AS account to my email address.
I just found out about this Burning M
an camper site from Girl Campers. I am 69 yo female who will be attending her first BMan. Although married I will be attending alone. Hubby wants nothing to do with the craziness. I haven't read the thread but will do.
I'd love to join you. Will be pulling 16' Airstream Bambi from Colorado, my first solo trip.
Bev
maysville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:55 PM   #92
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Welcome! I’m sure we’ll have room. And we have one coming from Colorado and Tulsa and don’t know how many from back east. I’ll give you your geology lesson to study on the way to the playa later. And have 5 questions out of the Survival Guide for our Wrangler when you arrive. The survival guide usually comes in the mail with one Atomic Hot �� Candy. And your ticket.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:41 AM   #93
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Olive’s “Stand in”

Hi all,
Juju and I will be departing Tucson for BRC on Aug 22. But in a rental RV.
My Silver Olive needs new shoes, a pacemaker and some neurosurgery to make it there safely so the 25’ RV seems like a less stressful choice for this burn, esp at this late a date an my work schedule still demanding 50-60 hrs a week. Ugh.
Looking forward to joining you again if you can just look away from the CruiseAmerica coach. I could throw a silver tarp over it??? Will bring the shade structure and (updated) cuddle puddle again.
Cheers,
FunKee
2006 F-150 Lariat QuadCrew
AIR 31804
WBCCI 10718
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #94
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Yay! FunKey and Juju will be back! Sorry that the Olive is out of sorts. Glad you are able to take off work this year. I hate that some of the stalwarts may be missing this year. It sounds like Jilly Bean may be skipping this year too.

ObiWan
Old 07-14-2019, 07:36 AM   #95
New and Eager

1972 27' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Loomis , California
Burgins in a bind

Hello all!

We are burgins excited for our first Burn! We are so grateful to get tickets, through the Lamplighter Camp. So we are committed there.
Dilemma: we’d hoped to take another silver trailer, 1958 Boles Aero, but she’s turned into a full reno and we are out of time. So now contemplating taking our 27’ 1972 Overlander. But it exceeds our allotted space for Lamplighters which is 10x20.
I’m going to appeal to the camp but wondering if there’s any room with y’all? We can do our best to participate in both camps.
Just not sure what to do...
Thanks for the advice!
O Shiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #96
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by O Shiny View Post
I’m going to appeal to the camp but wondering if there’s any room with y’all? We can do our best to participate in both camps.
Thanks for the advice!
We are always able to make room. Come join us.

Zep
Old 07-29-2019, 10:54 PM   #97
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by O Shiny View Post
Hello all!

We are burgins excited for our first Burn! We are so grateful to get tickets, through the Lamplighter Camp. So we are committed there.
Dilemma: we’d hoped to take another silver trailer, 1958 Boles Aero, but she’s turned into a full reno and we are out of time. So now contemplating taking our 27’ 1972 Overlander. But it exceeds our allotted space for Lamplighters which is 10x20.
Thanks for the advice!
Yipes, somebody measures your allotted space? Sounds way too organized. Sure hope we never get out a tape measure in our camp.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #98
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Speaking of which, as the assistant acting airstream and whatnot co-wrangler, we had better get an idea of how many rigs are coming and of how big they are for purposes of placement organization. I will start it here. Just copy this list and paste the list into your message then add your own rig description and your campmate list:

Roll Call!

1) Obiwan & Dean the Mushroom Yoda: 24' Airstream Interstate motorhome (no tow vehicle) + a small yurt and monkey hut style shade structure. Obi arriving early on Friday am (Dean coming in later on the Burner Express)

2) Angela B & friend: small teardrop trailer with an SUV tow vehicle, coming in early on Saturday.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:14 AM   #99
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Park City , Utah
For roll call

3) Twig & Squeeze: 16' Bambi Sport + Toyota 4Runner tow vehicle. Twig arriving early on Monday AM, Squeeze arriving later on Thursday PM on Burner Express.
ods_twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 05:31 PM   #100
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
- , My heart is in Colorado
ROLL CALL - Paige & Conroy - 25' Safari + F-250 Truck

ALSO...

As many of you know, our camp gifts fellow BRC Citizens a place to create their own postcards. We add postage and get it in the mail. To do this, we of course need stamps . We had a lot of international folks send cards last year, and a single international postage stamp is the way to go for these. These are $1.15 each, and come in sheets of 10. (Round with green succulent photo). If you can bring postcard stamps, and particularly some internationals, we'll be rockin'!

The Man burns in 22 days!
Papatango is offline   Reply With Quote