Old 01-15-2019, 11:13 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RChrisClark View Post
Hi all,

Joining the thread. We have camped with the Contraptionists for a number of years. We just bought our airstreams me now call it home. We are considering a camp switch. We have served snow cones and French fries as our BM camp contribution, which makes it tough to leave. We are exploring other possibilities and wanted to check out this group. Thank you for the inclusivity!

Happy Baby and Eye Candy
Welcome Kendall and Chis, we'll be expecting you. Keep posting now and then to help us with a more inaccurate wild a...sed guess of our numbers when we hit the submit button on our Airstreameri and WhatNot theme camp application in March or I'm not sure what month it is. Until then burn those slopes up! I think we have some others skiing up at Whistler at the moment.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:26 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
1st post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Burn View Post
Predicated on getting a ticket I'll be with you in 2019. I have a 20' flying cloud. Last two years I was sleeping on the ground with the Green Tortoise Camp thinking "why didn't I bring Bambi." This year she goes and I'll worry about the dust after it settles.
So count me in. I'll advise if I'm unable to get a ticket.
Wow whoa, we're honored your first post and you're posting to us fellow Dustyites! Welcome, keep posting now and then so we can annoy everyone equally er
Check out our old years threads. We don't reinvent our wheel every year, just rub off the round parts to make it more bumpy er. You've been a few years, you might have an idea for us. You might recognize our Volcano MV, the VVV.
We usually hide around 3:00 and way the f.... out there somewhere, where is the Green Toroise camp?
Come to think about it, everyone of us was a newbie on here at one time. We keep coming back to try to get it right or left or down or up.
And welcome home!

NevadaGeo
Old 01-15-2019, 11:56 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Wow, thousand views with no pics yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airsterameri 2018.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	331790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Moth wanted.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	331791  

Name:	VVV.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	331792   Click image for larger version

Name:	No Glitter.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	331793  

NevadaGeo
Old 01-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #18
ranchometal

2014 23' Flying Cloud
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Mare Island , California
I'm sure it would be a blast to attend. I've wanted to since it used to be in SF years ago... I'm one of those folks who will wimp out if dust gets permanently engraved in my precious AS, but I'm happy to keep up with your folks' news. Wonderful to see you on the forum!
ranchometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
St auguatine , Florida
Going to Burning Man is one of two things left on my bucket list! But I am concerned about my dog, Earl the Girl and my Airstream Interstate. Anyone been thru the Burn with an AI and a skittish rescue? Advice? Earl loves the van but she needs her excersise and the AI is irritatingly finicky. Thanx—-REALLY want to join in!
carpenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:51 PM   #20
MCJ

2019 22' Sport
San Francisco , California
This sounds like a great camp! I first went to BM in '99, lead a theme camp in 2000 and then went again in 2007. However, 11 years later I think I'm ready to go again but this time in my 2018 22FB. Looking forward to following the threads.
MCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:09 PM   #21
RVATOR

2018 28' International
Dallas , Texas
My wife would Kill me if we took AS....

I would love to have the AS there but my wife would bring down the pain upon me. So, we converted a 16 enclosed for the The BM and Hexa-Yurts (now ShiftPods). Shower, Generator, External Grey and Black Tanks, 150Gal water bladder, Fridge. A/C unit in Yurts. See you all there! No need to have this on a bucket list any longer. We drive straight through from Dallas.

Name:	7F9B828D-0BA5-4BB5-9FC1-57A149400614.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	331843

Trailer

Name:	13620E7F-5333-47CC-9449-52591F178F33.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	373.9 KB
ID:	331844

Name:	0BCB8E17-8748-46F0-A4D4-F1A59BD2B6B1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	331845

Camp
RV-7 (N23KT) VANSAIRFORCE.NET
Toornburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:22 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenc View Post
Going to Burning Man is one of two things left on my bucket list! But I am concerned about my dog, Earl the Girl and my Airstream Interstate. Anyone been thru the Burn with an AI and a skittish rescue? Advice? Earl loves the van but she needs her excersise and the AI is irritatingly finicky. Thanx—-REALLY want to join in!
Good news/good news. You don't have to worry about the pup, they are not allowed. Good news, you can enjoy yourself while knowing that pup is in good hands with a "babysitter."
Going our our 2nd big burn this year, almost have the dust out of the trailer from last year! We camped with Poly Paradise @ 7:15 and Elektro last year and will do so again this year. Where are you guys camping? I would like to come by and see some AS's, no pun intended. Hope you all get tickts and that we get to see some of you there Drop by our camp and ask for CanyonMan or Starfish. The drinks will be on us.
RichH
Playa Name CanyonMan
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Denver , Colorado
Count Conroy and I in!

Looking forward to helping with poscards, chill tent, photo booth...Once we all have tickets it will be fun to plan! I smile broadly thinking about camping with the Airstreameri again this year. Such a cool cast of characters...

-Paige
Papatango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:39 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
I've attended 14 consecutive Burns. Camped with several different theme camps...latest a bike repair camp and will be doing so again this year. I take a different trailer. Love the Air Stream group!

If anyone is looking for advice on how to survive in Black Rock City for a week, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers, Dragon
Rollinstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:39 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepardstown , West Virginia
Burning Man has been on my travel bucket list ever since I got stranded in Reno in 1996!!! Could not go then cause my RV (non-Airstream) had a blow out on Donners Pass and it was first time I had heard about the place. People were traveling through on the way there which is what got my attention.

I am planning to go with my Airstream but need to get the solar system upgraded and add some other items to help deal with the dust. Figure I will hold off on carpet replacement till after the adventure
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:26 AM   #26
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenc View Post
Going to Burning Man is one of two things left on my bucket list! But I am concerned about my dog, Earl the Girl and my Airstream Interstate. Anyone been thru the Burn with an AI and a skittish rescue? Advice? Earl loves the van but she needs her excersise and the AI is irritatingly finicky. Thanx-REALLY want to join in!
Welcome!
Yep...sorry no pets and they are serious about that.

Obi Wan and Jilly Bean camp with their AI. Ive always camped in a trailer but I am considering an AI this time.
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:27 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Welcome carpenc!

Yes, Jilly Bean and I have taken our 2013 Interstate 3 years in a row. You can get most of the dust out, but I like to leave a little in the door jambs and on the dash, just to help remember Black Rock City better. I am also pretty hard on my Interstate compared to some owners . . . I have put a lot of miles on her over the past 3 years and average about 2 months or more out of the year living in her.

If your van is finicky, maybe I can be of some assistance or can offer some advice. I have figured a couple of things out that help to get it through the week. I have tent camped at the Burn, and have camped in a class C RV, but I love having the Interstate there - in fact, I wouldn't even own an RV if it wasn't for Burning Man.

Obi Wan
jgeurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
St auguatine , Florida
Thank you so much, Obi Wan —glad to hear an AI can make it. My concern would be sand getting into the things like the maserator , window motors ( talk about finicky!) and generator. I camp in mine about 4 months a year and the window motors and maserator have had the most issues. Do you take any special precautions? Do you use the generator while there?
Sad to leave my Earl behind and not sure I can since her sitters live in Florida but will now look for a way to make this work. Certainly makes sense to leave the pups at home.

carpenc is offline   Reply With Quote