Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 07:51 AM   #101
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
PS...Hi Monty!

Old 07-17-2018, 10:04 PM   #102
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Redwood City , California
Cosmic Ray and Spitfire here.

Aka Ray and Carrie, we will likely arrive Tuesday AM. Our son Walter and girlfriend Kelly will arrive about the same time. They are new to the camp and will be using a tent. They may arrive before us but they know the camp location and have been told many astories about you guys. Please tell them where to settle in until we get there.

The two of us will be rangering again this year.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:20 PM   #103
2 Rivet Member

etobicoke , California
Thanks!!

Thanks Obi Wan and Bam for the comments on water and tanks, super helpful!!

Super excited to meet everyone! We've already started our drive across the country from Toronto and are currently just north of Chicago. Picking up random outfits as we travel across! :P

Count down!!!

Jon
Old 07-20-2018, 07:38 AM   #104
2 Rivet Member

etobicoke , California
Hey everyone! How much space do we have in our camp? I have this half dome shelter that is around 20x20ft that I think would be awesome to setup so we can all hang outside in some shade. I'll bring lighting for it and try and figure out enough flooring to make it a chill/cuddle puddle area!! :P

Will there be space for setups like that?

Thanks in advance!

Jon aka Astro
Old 07-20-2018, 10:32 PM   #105
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
that would be great. we already have one shade structure, but it' mostly for the post card operation. We do have room for another. Thanks.
Zep
Old 07-21-2018, 08:59 AM   #106
2 Rivet Member

etobicoke , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
that would be great. we already have one shade structure, but it' mostly for the post card operation. We do have room for another. Thanks.
Zep
Amazing, will organize all the details and get it locked!!

J
Old 07-21-2018, 09:01 PM   #107

San Francisco , California
Hi everyone, want to introduce myself I'm John and I have been watching this thread for a few months but didn't want to write in until I actually bought an Airstream - - well, today is the day, and I will definitely be coming to burning man with my new trailer!

I would love to camp with you guys, I'm setting off today on a 9 month journey with this thing and would just love to meet others in the airstream community and learn from your collective knowledge. I have been to burning man a few times and will come for the whole week and contribute a ton to the camp - probably mostly in the form of cooking and cocktails! It's also going to be a very special year for me because I'm flying in my 75 year old father for 2 days who has maintained for years that he is too old to come to burning man. Now with a comfortable place to stay we're going to make this happen while he's still able!

Anyway I am thrilled to meet you all, and let me know how I can help!

Also looking for one ticket if anyone is selling one!
Old 07-22-2018, 06:34 AM   #108
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjk View Post
I would love to camp with you guys, ... I have been to burning man a few times and will come for the whole week and contribute a ton to the camp - probably mostly in the form of cooking and cocktails! It's also going to be a very special year for me because I'm flying in my 75 year old father for 2 days who has maintained for years that he is too old ...

Also looking for one ticket if anyone is selling one!
You and your dad will be a positive addition to the camp. We often invite "lost" souls to camp with us, so we do fill up. If you know what day you will be arriving we can save you a space. Your previous attendance at Burning Man will be an asset and we love people who cook.

Your dad is not too old. He is going to have a great time. Our wrangler is also in his 70s and intends to attend for many more years.

Hope you get a response on the ticket.

Zep
Old 07-22-2018, 01:48 PM   #109
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
Zep
We also usually have a large shade structure over the bar area. Gigi?
There should be room for one more. Can't have too much shade!

Also if you have any extra camp chairs for the community to use at the bar/lounge that would be great.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:14 PM   #110

San Francisco , California
Hi Zep I will arrive probably Sunday or Monday at the latest, would love to have a saved spot that is accessible to the dumping truck if possible! I have a 28ft airstream. Is this this thread the best way to stay in touch and organize? Let me know if there's anything I can help with!
Old 07-29-2018, 04:08 AM   #111
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
No problem, JohnJK. We strive to control parking until at least Tuesday morning in order to provide dump access to everyone.

Zep
Old 07-29-2018, 06:30 AM   #112
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Yes, JohnJK, this is the place that we all check for organizational details. We are very loosely organized though. Just park it where Zep tells you, and know a couple of the 10 principles to recite to Perry, and you will fit right in!
Old 08-01-2018, 10:22 AM   #113

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Napa , California
Heat Management - just a dream?

Hi all -
We camp with my brother, one of the playa artists. He did Bloom, the 40 foot jellyfish last year, which is btw returning, but better . Glad to see your camp is open to everyone. Perfect for first-timers! We will pop in to say hi this year! I do have a question on heat management.... which was a big fail last year. We have a newer 23 foot Flying Cloud and two Honda generators, but AC could not keep up. Do we need to start them when it is still cool in the morning? We don't cover the windows, but could do that. Don't want to tent the entire trailer... Maybe we just forgetaboutit??
Old 08-02-2018, 08:21 AM   #114
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
St Petersburg , Florida
Hope you do stop by.

Last year was particularly hot. It was difficult to stay ahead of the heat.

Can't wait to see the new art this year.

Brother Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathyonarch View Post
Hi all -
We camp with my brother, one of the playa artists. He did Bloom, the 40 foot jellyfish last year, which is btw returning, but better . Glad to see your camp is open to everyone. Perfect for first-timers! We will pop in to say hi this year! I do have a question on heat management.... which was a big fail last year. We have a newer 23 foot Flying Cloud and two Honda generators, but AC could not keep up. Do we need to start them when it is still cool in the morning? We don't cover the windows, but could do that. Don't want to tent the entire trailer... Maybe we just forgetaboutit??
Old 08-03-2018, 11:31 AM   #115
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Fyi

Hello Airstreameri People! Much of this has been discussed in previous posts, just reiterating and adding to discussion.

We ask everyone to bring a potluck dish to share for our Wednesday evening Dusty Science Talks. We also do a group pilgrimage to the Temple on Thursday morning if you so wish. It’s really special and I would encourage you to consider coming out with us. And most of us travel out together to see the Man burn on Saturday night and then the Temple burn Sunday evening.

Additional things you can bring for camp:
-postcard stamps for Playa's Best Postcard tent
-alcohol, mixers & snacks along for our community bar which is 'open' every evening
(we put down a Tequila theme for Tutu Tuesday in our camp application and fireball shots for Saturday when the man burns although we offer those all the time)
-ice for bar (we take turns, bought on playa)
-water and other non-alcoholic beverages for our guests
-any fun games or activities as previously mentioned
-any other special food/drink/activity/talent/skill you would like to share. We have had some awesome ones like Kenny’s espresso bar, Archie’s freshly baked corn bread & whiskey shots, last year’s lemonade shot-ski stand and too many more to mention. I love you people!

Ways to help out:
-man Postcard tent (keep organized, stamp cards, interact with guests etc.) (basically always open until end of burn, we check with BRC post office to see when mail has to be in to get postmarked and sent)
-host bar
-help with games
-help to draw folks into camp for postcards and camaraderie with or without provided megaphone
-help with VVV art car maybe driving or spotting/navigating. Michel will let us know what he needs on playa…

Me & Jethro & BeeKeeper are bringing back the sail shade structure from last year for our community gathering area along with 2 new large patio ‘rugs’ that hopefully won’t leave carpet shred should it rain. I am lucky to be allowed back in camp after that unfortunate event 5 years ago. Love hearing that we will have an additional new shade structure this year!

Also bringing back the PEACE sign. Michel is coming by to try to fit the AS trailer plate bar on his truck towing the VVV. We will do everything we can to make it work. Have also put out the word on Burner sites asking if anyone has space to rent to get it to playa. If it doesn’t make it, we will need a creative back up plan for a bar. Please ponder! No Schwenker grill this year unfortunately.

Can’t wait to see old friends and make new ones! Really needing the Burn and it’s playa magic this year especially!

<3 Gigi
Old 08-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #116
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Forgot to mention, we have tons of the postcards Jethro commissioned with the Man with red socks. Will be more than we need this year and I have lots of other stuff from Annie and Bill to bring (tablecloths, art supplies, etc.) Will make sure I have all we need to operate on that front with Perry bringing the tent and tables etc.

And left out extra chairs under what you can bring to camp for our guests in the community area(as has been previously mentioned).
Old 08-07-2018, 09:53 PM   #117
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Ola, Happy New Year! Velcommen! I'm the Chief Grump, we do all our fighting on here so there's no need for grumpiness on Playa. This year so far I've been in Quarantine to not spread any grumpiness. Surprise Hip Replacement operation in May that I didn't know I needed until Feb when I had more pictures taken of my back operation of 2017.
Thanks to Gigi, she submitted a camp application that the placement gods accepted, and Dr. Quark has been doing a lot of wrangling that I don't even know about.
Welcome, we usually have more room than we need. This year is a little different, we'll be up in town with camps behind us and besides us; we usually have wilderness around us and folks don't care (too much) where we buried the bodies. (and one year we found one of our surprise guests that we let in to our area had buried some MOOP). We've always had a good MOOP report after burn, even with a couple bombs after we left.
So. One thing Gigi didn't mention is a Saturday Night Man the Borders party to fend off borders on our space, it's amazing how entrenched a camp can get in two hours at two AM and without a tow vehicle for their camper somehow.
Wow, 2 yars to 75 yars, pretty good spread this year.
Next page, sound off, who's coming and maybe when and what to help Dr. Quark on wrangling.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-08-2018, 06:42 AM   #118
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Jilly Bean and I are coming again with the 25' Airstream Sprinter Van. We plan to come into BRC on Friday morning. I have added a muffler (actually a resonater) to the generator so the sound is not nearly so obnoxious as prior years. Dean the Mushroom Yoda will be coming in on Saturday and will camp in the little yurt that he used the year before last. My son Huggy Bear isn't coming this year, but our friend Scott will be the 70 year old virgin occupying his Kodiak tent. Scott is also arriving Saturday. Dean and Scott both have small "monkey hut" shade structures that they will assemble next to their respective abodes.

Obi Wan
Old 08-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #119
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Park City , Utah
Hey all,

Kim (Twig) and Connie (Squeeze) will be coming again this year in the 16' Bambi Sport. Unfortunately we won't be arriving until Thursday late morning so if ya'll can "squeeze" us in, that would be great! We'll of course come with the whiskey lemonade shot ski stand!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

~Twig
Old 08-09-2018, 09:52 AM   #120
2 Rivet Member

etobicoke , California
Hey everyone,

Looks like a lot of people come early to help setup and stuff. What is the deal with that. We actually did that in 2012 to help setup our camp back then but I forget the process. I'm a bit nervous coming too early cause I'm not sure how Jayden (2yrs) will handle the whole week but I'd love to come earlier and help setup. What help is needed earlier if we did come?

Can't believe we're so close!!

Astro
Closed Thread