Old 02-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #29
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Wow Gigi. Good luck with your trailer!
Can't wait to see the new art.

Yay Archie. Yay Gail and Kelli.

Well done on the post cards BeadZ.

I guess we are all famous in Canada now.
How's the art car coming along?

Old 02-07-2016, 09:15 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
As someone I know says in a gorgeous little girl voice; "Wake Up! Wake Up! Gidup! I want to Play!

NevadaGeo
Old 02-07-2016, 09:20 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Emoji test

Mr. Gigi made this for us:
Attached Images

NevadaGeo
Old 02-08-2016, 08:10 AM   #32
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Nice!

Old 02-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #33
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Hi everyone!

Pub Bob and I are beavering away on the Airstreameri Art Car - here is some news.

The back of the pickup is off,with our help Derm the local island mechanic, will have the cab and fenders off within a few days. Ill take some photos and send them when we are at that stage.

After a lot of thought, budget balancing and work assessment, we decided to modify our plan a little. Instead of a cauldron it will be a volcano built of lights and not 2x4s. We expect the caldera to be about 10' high spewing smoke and bubbles and the slopes of the cone will be numerous light strings so at night, it will appear to be a volcano.

With a 3,000w generator mounted onboard we should be able to incorporate many, many lights and power the smoke and bubble machines without any problems.
We still want to have a brew bubbling on the hood for thirsty Playa folk and we will still have seating all around the vehicle for everyone's use as we drive around the Playa as originally planned.

Help:

Over the next few months, if any of you run into any lost, abandoned or forgotten cushions, please grab on to them for our seating!

Does anyone want to drive a shift? About 4 hours, all around the Playa...

We need a US address of one of you to send the smoke and bubble fluids to. It will save us quite a bit of money that way rather than have it all shipped to Canada.

I m sure we will need more help as we build, but those two items stand out at the moment.

Cheers!
Old 02-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Lake Oswego , Oregon
RMB, all sounds incredible. So exciting. What will her name be?

If Billie and Frank come thru PDX and rent a U-Haul truck, our crew could haul some or all of the bubble and smoke fluid. Also perhaps some of us who are coming near Portland could stop by and grab some as well (Ron and Robin? etc.) What size load are you anticipating?

Billie, Frank, Tanya (requesting co-pilot/spotter), and Rex are up for driving shifts. I have 8 dark brown tie-on seat cushions to bring and will look for more.

Rex just got approved as a DMV Hottie (Perry said they'll take any warm body so maybe I should apply too ).

All this news is cheering up my dreary Portland day.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #35
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Jugs

The fluids are water based and come in plastic jugs ... about 2 gallon size. I figure we will go though at least 2 jugs per night ( one for the fogger, one for the bubbler) ergo...10 - 20 jugs total.

As soon as the ticket issue is settled, anyone who has their tickets , who is willing and are coning can contact me and I will have the stuff shipped direct to them.

Pub Bob and I are going to be on the hunt for some lights we saw this Christmas ( and didn't buy and are now off the racks!) ...a fixture consisting of three coloured laser spotlights that sort of rotate ... We think it would be great shining upwards though the fog and bubbles. If anyone catches sight of something like this, please let me know .

Other than that - stand by by for photo of our stripped Mazda.. Oh and the name of this thing ..... Well, I toss that out to all our Airstreameries! PubBob and I are open to the groups most popular suggestion.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #36
1 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Longview , Washington
Sign me up for a "Four hour tour" as pilot of the "Valcanado"! Maybe a few more than one! Sure hope I get a ticket.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:20 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . I'll drive as well, if I get a ticket, thanks...... Craig
Old 02-20-2016, 09:37 PM   #38
1 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
1970 27' Overlander
1978 25' Tradewind
Sanibel , Florida
Assuming Jerry and I are lucky and get tickets. Sign Jerry and I up for a four hr shift We might have one of those halloween led light fixtures that projects a couple of colors( it might be witches) on to a building and moves around. We also have the green and red laser projector but that has a warning about sending it in an upward direction more that 20 degrees due to interference with airplanes. I will dig thru our holiday boxes and see if we have any other options for you for the lights.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:50 AM   #39
1 Rivet Member

2011 16' International
Santa Cruz , California
We're all getting super excited!
Kelli will want to drive a 4 hour shift, for sure, probably as many as she can get.
Our kids are definitely coming, too. Conlin is 22 and Madeline will be 21. Not sure how much they'll want to hang with their old moms, but they will at least make guest appearances. Jill, maybe Bruno, hope to come, too.
BeadZ, how do I volunteer to work postal? I can't find that option on the volunteer form.
Archie! Yay! Looking forward to meeting up with you again at the home place.
And all of you.
Gail and Kelli
Old 02-25-2016, 01:58 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Redwood City , California
Did someone mention an art car
Old 02-25-2016, 10:58 PM   #41
1 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Longview , Washington
Last year I showed up at at the BRC postoffice and asked to deliver some mail with playa addresses that where near by, and they gave me a stack.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #42
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Here we go as promised!

She-who-has-yet-to-be-named lies stripped and bare for all to see at the local mechanic's back yard, who cannot understand why we are ripping her apart." That was a perfectly good truck!" Well it depends ion how we define perfectly good...is "perfect" a rusty 1987 Mazda B2000 with 140,000 KM? Hmmmm!

But she runs great, purrs right along and starts every time!

The cab is about to come off which will only leave the doors and the hood. Then I will drive it stripped naked, uninsured, unlicensed and unlit ( no police on our island!) over to Pub Bob's yard where we will start her reconstruction.

We still need a name!

Cheers to all :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160225_151038.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	409.4 KB
ID:	257877   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160225_151101.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	273.4 KB
ID:	257878