Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 02:11 PM   #183
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
Wind is generally out of the SSW (bearing about 210 degrees). If BRC is rotated as much as I think it is this year, then parking parallel to the lettered streets would be slightly better than parallel to the numbered streets.

In any event, the corner should be set up like it always is, eg, keeping it open for at least 60' along both the numbered and lettered street that forms the corner. Bam, you usually park parallel to the numbered street and immediately adjacent to the open space, which is fine.

Here are the general guidelines:
1. Keep the corner open for a radius of about 60'
2. Allow for spaces at the edge of the open area for Bam, ChollaBill, the post card tent, and the art car.
3. Arrange all other parking so that (a) everyone can be pumped, (b) late arrivals can easily access remaining spaces, (c) early departures can get out without having to move someone, (d) maintain a smaller open space in the interior as the "community center," and (e) park reasonably close together for wind protection and to allow us to give up space to random guests if we don't fill it.

Things should work out if we mass along the two streets that form the corner. Just don't randomly park along the back street or the interior edge.

Attachment 269431
Zep, that's the same azimuth as usual, north is usually 10:00. But we don't know which corner they will put us on yet. Or even on a corner. I suspect we'll have "open country" behind us.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #184
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgeurin View Post
I will stock up on postcard postage (stamps, right? or do we need cards too?). Jilly Bean is an MD,PhD psychiatrist/psychologist/university professor with expertise in women's issues (hormones & mood, sexual dysfunction, etc) so we could probably coax a talk out of her - any requests? - she can talk on dozens of topics and is a really dynamic speaker. Right now her big thing is the microbiome and how it impacts the brain. She's also crazy about food & mood, and just prepared a new lecture on this topic, so it is fresh in her mind.

ShroomVada If he does stay with us we could maybe get him to give us a mushroom talk. He is truly an expert on them.

Obi Wan
Yes please JillyBean! Get together with Gail and Kelli. Maybe we can get the camp accredited for CEU credits, Black Rock U

NevadaGeo
Old 08-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #185
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Wink WhatcerGonnaDo

What’s we’re gonna do
Friday before. I hope to git to camp Fri morning with the costcocarportcanopy, when the ladies decide where to put it, with help we’ll put the canopy up Friday or maybe Saturday.

Saturday rest and enjoy the playa before the crowds. Put the place together.
Sunday they open the dang gates for the crowd. Work a shift at DMV.
Monday. You PLAN. Work a night shift at DMV
Tuesday there’s usually some type of thing in camp I never see cause I’m at the DMV.

Wednesday 6ish Sharp or flat, Camp potluck, not “playa feed”, followed by our yearly Scientific Talks; this year hopefully “Click and Clack” by our resident Gynecologists Gail and Kelli. And possibly astrobiology and darkmatter. And JillyBean MD,PhD psychiatrist/psychologist/university professor with expertise in women's issues (hormones & mood, sexual dysfunction, etc) . I’ll gladly talk about the dusty playa and rocks and Lahontan beach gravels and why it is if anyone is interested.

Thursday. Our annual trek to the Temple to pay homage to those we’ve lost during the year. Another shift at DMV (gotta do 18 hours for the half price, guaranteed “staff ticket”)

Friday. Some of our camp VVV's have been known to find and volunteer at the secret after bike ride sacred circle for the ladies Friday 4PM Breast Cancer Awareness bike ride. (Also known as CT’s) You face the outside and hold the circle for the ladies doing their drumming and chanting circle. Very satisfying and the ladies are very appreciative and huggs.

Saturday. Too late, the last post office pick up for BurningMan post mark on your post cards was yesterday. We got Anne’s shipment of post card material about 6PM on Saturday last year, I’ve got it in the Dragon now to bring this year. They burn that poor man again.
Sunday. 8PM sharp, the Temple burns.
Monday. The playa gods say Yer outta here.

Oh. We’ve never organized a group suck –out but maybe we could. Last year I found that the vacuum trucks had a “list” and times and appointments, I had to wait for one to get done with the plug and play. $60 for my size trailer. Plan on it to be during the potluck even if you schedule for morning.
http://www.bmir.org/

NevadaGeo
Old 08-20-2016, 06:38 AM   #186
1 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
I can help put up the canopy on Friday or Saturday, if help is wanted. I am planning to arrive on Friday morning. Was planning to camp temporarily with the Black Rock Disc Golf Club theme camp while helping with their build, but if NevadaGeo or some other early arriver can point me out a place to park, would be happy to just come to rest with the Airstreameri and not have to move later - or at least not move so far since it sounds like Zep might do some rearranging when he arrives. Also, I'm not totally committed to the Disc Golfers - I just enjoy building stuff, so if the Airsteameri have enough work to keep me busy, I could just hang out at our camp Fri & Saturday.

JillyBean & the Shroom Yoda arrive via Burner Express on Saturday.

Sunday I will have Ranger training all day, but JillyBean should be around the camp.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:51 AM   #187
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Everyone is welcome! We always have a little extra room and usually are somewhat near free camping areas.

We are a very flexible and loosely organized camp. The bar corner and open space are often busy with espresso being offered many mornings (thank you Trainwreck) or even the breakfast of champions tequila and cornbread (thank you Archie). Anyone is welcome to step up and serve whatever they choose at any time. Fireball seems to come out of Gigi's trailer and who knows what other interesting libations I and others will come up with. Passing Burners are a thirsty group. It's a good place to sit and discuss all things. If you have an extra camp chair for the bar/lounge area, bring it.

Monday evening is often a meet and greet, Tutu Tuesday for the fluffily inclined, Wednesday potluck and speakers, and many more impromptu field trips and gatherings as the inspiration strikes. As always we have our popular Playa Postcard station (Bill and Annie) and this year an amazing Art Car (Michel and Bob) will be available. So much to see and explore, so little time!
Old 08-20-2016, 09:30 AM   #188
1 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Lake Oswego , Oregon
Hi Bam and assorted playa people!

Will be pulling out of Portland early Saturday and hope to be in camp sometime later in the evening. The peace sign is returning along Rex's new creation 'the Silver Sipping Station'. It's a functional piece that will take overflow from the surfboard bar. Is 8 ft long, 30 inches wide and 4 ft tall. Covered with trailer plates from the US and Canada. Needed a shade structure as it is blinding to belly up to during the day. The shade is 16 ft x 16 ft but has a footprint (stakes and straps) of 24 ft x 24 ft. Should be able to fit a significant part of our interactive area if that is OK with camp sages (who also will need to approve Rex's engineering for safety purposes). He's on Amazon right now buying solar lights. See you all soon!

<3 Gigi
Old 08-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #189
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Lissting a lisssting we're listting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Looks like we need to add ChollaBill and Anne, our Best Playa Post Cards inventors. Anne is retired Hallmark cards. Bill makes bacon sometimes, and can't walk too far so we like to have their trailer near the canopy/carport

Dr. Quark// 1 // 23' //* Zep
Archie // 2 // 20' //* RGColeman
Bam // 1 // 19' // (aka *Laurel) Adjacent to bar area
Tranquilo//1//20'// Adjacent to bar area
NevadaGeo // 2 // 31' (*Perry)
Gnewel // 4 // 25'
RMB // 2 // 23' // (*Michel and Bob) Adjacent to art car
RMB// 2 more with car (* Jody and Jean)
Gigi // 3 // 27' // Gigi, Crash & BeeKeeper (*Jina, Rex & Tanya) - Adjacent to 2 tent campers w/ rental truck Punky & Shep (*Billie & Frank)
Mtrid3r // 1 // 19' // Adjacent to bar area
JMRCohen // ? // 19'
Funkill // ? // 27'
Cosmic//2//25'
Obi Wan//3//25'//Obi Wan, Jilly Bean, Shroom Yoda (in a small yurt adjacent to our van)
ChollaBill and Anne with a bambi.
Britton9d // 2 //28' // (*Britton and Jocelyn) (My bad, looks like my copy and paste didn't copy. )
also, are these folks coming?
Beadz ?
jmrcohen 21'flying cloud of SadDiego? (posting #80 here)
florida 239, (posting #8)

NevadaGeo
Old 08-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #190
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
3:15 and Italic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
Everyone is welcome! We always have a little extra room and usually are somewhat near free camping areas.

We are a very flexible and loosely organized camp. The bar corner and open space are often busy with espresso being offered many mornings (thank you Trainwreck) or even the breakfast of champions tequila and cornbread (thank you Archie). Anyone is welcome to step up and serve whatever they choose at any time. Fireball seems to come out of Gigi's trailer and who knows what other interesting libations I and others will come up with. Passing Burners are a thirsty group. It's a good place to sit and discuss all things. If you have an extra camp chair for the bar/lounge area, bring it.

Monday evening is often a meet and greet, Tutu Tuesday for the fluffily inclined, Wednesday potluck and speakers, and many more impromptu field trips and gatherings as the inspiration strikes. As always we have our popular Playa Postcard station (Bill and Annie) and this year an amazing Art Car (Michel and Bob) will be available. So much to see and explore, so little time!
Last we know, we'll be placed somewhere near 3:15 and Italic.
Bam covered it pretty good. Virgins study the Survival Guide, know our camp application (post#57), participate, get out there and come back and report what you found. Photo ALL the art you can find. Catch all the MOOP you can.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-20-2016, 10:50 AM   #191
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Camp Application, April 9 2016

Here's what I indentured everyone to, with the input from the camp. Application went in April 9, so how close were we at guessing who's coming?

> Subject: 2016 Burning Man Camp Placement Questionnaire: Airstreameri and What Not
>
> Please do not hit reply to this email if you wish to contact us. This is an automated notification, which is unable to receive replies.
> Contact us directly by emailing Placement@burningman.org.
>
> Thank you for submitting your Placement questionnaire.
>
> Below you will find the information that you submitted in your questionnaire. You cannot make changes to this information once it has been submitted, but we can on your behalf. If you have changes or any questions, please contact us at placement@burningman.org.
>
> Please note, you may see some questions listed in your notifier that you did not see on the questionnaire. Do not worry if that is the case, the notifier lists all questions, not just the ones for your project type.
>
> Your BRC Placement Team will be sending out more information via the Placement Newsletter starting early May. You -- and the additional emails you submitted -- will be subscribed. If you do not receive your Placement Newsletter please check your spam filters first, then contact placement@burningman.org.
>
> Happy planning!
>
> --------------------------------------
>
>
> First Name
> Perry
>
> Last Name
> Hand
>
> Email Address
> lazy>
> Playa Name
> NevadaGeo
> Address 1
> Address 2
>
>
> City
> Genoa
>
> Country
> US
>
> State or Province
> NV
>
> Postal Code
> 89411
>
> Phone Number
>
> What years have you attended Burning Man?
> 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015
>
> Burning Man Projects and Affiliations
> Theme Camp,Volunteer/Staff
>
> Describe Your Burning Man Projects and Affiliations
> Chief grump and formologist, Airstreameri and Geologists theme camp. Airstreameri and What Not now. DMV hottie since 2008.
>
>
> Camp Category
> Theme Camp
>
> Who directed you to this category?
>
>
> Who is Providing Your Early Arrival Passes
>
>
> Email of Provider
>
>
> Camp/Village Name?
> Airstreameri and What Not
>
> For Camps within a registering Village: name of village?
>
>
> Interactivity Description
> Our interactivity is a social one, is based on open and hospitable
> friendliness. To express this we firstly set up our camp with an open
> courtyard - open to the street and to all passersby. We align our
> Airstream campers to create a horse shoe style that is open yet
> delineated and more intimate than a baseball field and not as
> intimidating as are some theme camps that are totally covered with tents
> and structures offering a dark impenetrable entrances to the street.
>
> Within our court yard we have "Bam's" Surfing Bar, some games, and our
> long established Post Office for Burners to create and mail their
> personally designed post cards.
> Our bar is multi functional; .... We offer a variety of libations of
> course but each morning we offer espresso coffee to all passers by. On
> the Sunday following the burning of the Man, we collect unused foodstuffs
> from departing Burners and offer a pot luck lunch to everyone that comes
> by.
> Bam's Bar, because of its placement at street side and within our courtyard
> is a gathering place for our Theme Camp members, but also for wandering
> Burners who recognize immediately that they are welcome.
>
> Every year we advertise and present a lecture by a qualified geologist on
> the geography of the Black Rock Desert area, an event to which all
> Burners are welcomed. This year we may have our gynecologists back for a "Click and Clack talk about the proper care and feeding of the v.gina on playa
>
> This year we expect to have a mutant vehicle built and in place which will
> be able to transport Burners around the Playa each night. on an art
> tour. Shifts are planned and we hope to operate every night for 4-8
> hours. We will be able to transport approximately 8 Burners on each shift
> - another attraction to our Theme Camp and another focus for interactivity
> - for the camp members and for all Burners.
>
>
> Project Interactivity
> Primarily Day Time,Primarily Night Time,Acculturation for First time Burners,Crafts,Experiments,Heckling,Lectures,Misti ng System,Painting,Games,Yoga
>
> Number of Campmates
> 38 to 50
>
> Acculturation
> We require everyone to have 5 questions out of the Burner Survival Guide before allowing them to join us, then we do same to passerby.
> Our group came together at BM out of a shared interest and use of Airstream trailers. Our group became united through the application of the 10 principles.
> We do not have a major or dominating vision such as a sound camp, an entertainment camp, structures or placements to attract Burners to us, either as new members or Burners looking for entertainment. What we do have however is a Burning Man ethos within our camp, that is palpable, active, demonstrable, infectious and this writer may even say, unique.
> The Camp's energy, originating with our founders, is without, fiat or command, directed to BM education and instruction by example which influences the members that join us to both reiterate and better our BM attitudes and actions. To learn by seeing it done and doing is our unspoken mantra.
> Our camp has welcomed many new members over the past 5-7 years both Airstream owners and others who are attracted by our attitude and energy. In fact, we welcome everyone, provided that they participate as we all do.
> By way of participation, our Camp members have volunteered to support and have participated in BM by joining or working at: Café; Ice Palace; Rangers; DMV; Open Mic; Gate; Temple Guardians; Lectures on Black Rock Desert's geology; Teaching self-defense for women; Burning an art piece; Operating a bar; A long running make-your-own-post-card tent; Movie presentations and other ad hoc activities. None of these were dictated from on high, they all occurred because the Camp founders set the mark with their volunteering and their BM ethos and everyone following has emulated them to be a full participant in our Camp and BM.
>
>
> Physical Description
> Physical Description
> Airstreameri and What Not is a self-contained camp of 24 Airstream camping trailers, from the 1950s up to this year's models. The trailers and tow vehicles are arranged in two semicircles with a welcoming portal on the main street. Our portal is flanked by our highly popular (and public) Burners' post card art activity and manikin-manned shade structure relaxation bar. Our only "structure" is an open-sided 10x20 tent canopy where the community gathers for meals and the annual "Playa Vicinity Geology and Ecology" lecture. Most of the Airstreams have roll-out awnings and they are parked in a way that allows for mutual shade and wind barrier support between pairs of trailers. This is a great aid for our 4 tent campers, since we provide pre-planned spots for them to nestle in among the Airstreams. The tow vehicles are parked between pairs of Airstreams on the non-awning side, which makes for a very compact camp. The Airstreams make power from solar or small, quiet generators that are generally run only during the heat of the day. Other features of the camp are two gray water evaporation ponds, a required Moop container at each Airstream, a fire pit/burn barrel, and a physical arrangement that provides easy entry for large service vehicles (fire, water, sewage service). We start with a plan but remain flexible enough to accommodate being placed at a corner (preferred) or in the middle of a block. This flexibility has allowed the Airstreameri to welcome first time Airstream Burners (and other RV Burners as space permits) who obviously need some Acculturation. We are happy to provide! In addition to welcoming these strays into our camp, we encourage other Burners, through our open portal, to see how we use our Airstreams as self-contained boondocking environments throughout the year.
>
> Project Features
>
>
> Sound Amplification
> No
>
> Sound Amplification Details
>
>
> Stage
> No
>
> Big-Name Performers
>
>
> Big-Name Performer List
>
>
> Large Crowds
> No
>
> House Managers Name
>
>
> House Managers Email
>
>
> House Managers Phone Number
>
>
> Do You Want to Share Your Camp Name, Location and information?
> Listed
>
> Text for website listing
>
>
> Camp Hometown
> Genoa
>
> Camp state/province
> Nevada
>
> Camp country
> USA
>
> Public URL for Camp
>
>
> Public Email
>
>
>
> 1st additional contact
> aka Zeppelinium
>
> 1st Additional contact role - Important to indicate, as this person may have more authority than the questionnaire filer.
> Chief Wrangler
>
> 1st Additional contact email
> zep
>
> 1st Additional contact phone number
>
>
> 2nd Additional contact name
> aka BamCamper
>
> 2nd Additional contact role - Important to indicate, as this person may have more authority than the questionnaire filer.
> Chief artist, mentor, muse, degrumpifier
>
> 2nd Additional contact email
>
>
> 2nd Additional contact phone number
>
>
> 3rd Additional contact name
> aka Gina
>
> 3rd Additional contact role - Important to indicate, as this person may have more authority than the questionnaire filer.
> Chief mischief finder
>
> 3rd Additional contact email
>
>
> 3rd Additional contact phone number
>
>
> 4th Additional contact name
> Tanya
>
> 4th Additional contact role - Important to indicate, as this person may have more authority than the questionnaire filer.
> Second mischief finder
>
> 4th Additional contact email
>
>
> 4th Additional contact phone number
>
>
> Additional Emails
>
>
> Purchased a ticket?
> Yes
>
> Previous Camp Info
> Airstreameri and What Not
>
> Early Arrival Setup Crew Count
>
>
> Early Arrival Date
> Thursday
>
> Camp Producer
> False
>
> Camp Producer Name
>
>
> Camp Producer Email
>
>
> Producer Phone Number
>
>
> Who will receive the EA Passes?
>
>
> Requested Sectors (rated)
> 3:00 Sector,4:30 Sector,6:00 Outer Circle (Rod's Road)
>
> Requested Street Type (rated)
> Avenues,Streets,Portals
>
> Recommended Square Footage Text
> up to 20000 square feet or 100 x 200
>
> Agree With Recommended Square Footage?
> yes
>
> Different Space Needs
>
>
> You would prefer not to camp near ...
> Not them, or those, or those over there!
> Not real loud camps.
>
>
> Requested Sector: Other Camps
>
>
> Other Camp Location: Comments
>
>
> Requested Approximate square footage need by population: Other Camps
>
>
>
> LNT Contact Name
> NevadaGeo
>
> LNT Contact Email
>
>
> Leave No Trace is a cornerstone of the Burning Man ethos and one of our Ten Principles.
> Practice the 5 R's: Rethink what you bring, Reduce trash when packing, Reuse, Recycle, Restore and Respect.,Make a written plan or detailed strategy for Leaving NO Trace. Your LNT crew should be different from your set-up crew. Hold people accountable within your camp.,Make arrangements to have everything picked up before the last camper departs. Leaving things behind is MOOP and will affect your standing with the Placement Team.
>
> During Burning Man, our camp will:
> Clean as you go, and never let it hit the ground!,Adopt the principles and practices of Leave No Trace at Burning Man.,Acculturate all camp members about minimizing our impact on the playa, learn about the Fairy Shrimp and how to protect them too.,Conserve energy, use renewable energy sources and minimize waste.,Collect, reduce and properly dispose of grey and black water. (e.g. we will bring extra buckets to address any leaks.) Grey and black water is MOOP and of interest to the BLM and the Placement team. Report spills and emergencies immediately.,Use or creatively use discarded materials for all the components of our camp structure and decorations, so that our camp is sustainable year after year.
>
> As we depart the playa, our camp will:
> Bring tools (rakes, magnetic rakes, brooms, MOOP sticks, etc) to clean and pick up every last nail and wood shard that dropped on the playa surface. We will leave our space and our surrounding spaces better than we found them.,Follow the guidelines for line sweeps – performing required multiple sweeps of our camp before leaving BRC. (One sweep is not enough. Do as many passes as necessary: the strength of the line sweep is in the number of people and passes.),Designate a LNT MOOP team within your camp. They will document all stages of your clean up and remain on playa if you are having any materials picked up. Anything left unattended in an empty camp is considered MOOP.,Secure all vehicles' loads to prevent windblown trash on the highway and in neighboring communities.
>
> Art Installation Name
>
>
> Heavy Equipment Use
> No
>
> Heavy Equipment Details
>
>
> Share Heavy Equipment
>
>
> Outside Services Deliveries?
> No
>
> Outside Services Details
>
>
> Outside Services Provider
>
>
> Number and Type of Vehicles
> We expect about 24 Airstreams and tow vehicles, 4 tenters, and a couple S.O.B (some other brand of RV). Our group comes from all over the US and Canada.
>
> RV / Portable Housing Rental
> No
>
> Number of RVs / Portable Housing Units
>
>
> RV / Portable Housing Provider Name
>
>
> RV/ Portable Housing Unit Provider Email
>
>
> RV / Portable Housing Unit Provider Phone
>
>
> Have you purchased a year-round storage container from Burning Man?
> No
>
> What is the PC # of the container that you purchased?
>
>
> Shipping Container From Somewhere Else
> No
>
> Water for Civic Benefit
> No
>
> Mutant Vehicles
> Yes
>
> Name of Mutant Vehicle(s)
> VVGA or Volcanic Va Gin A
>
> Mutant Vehicle Contacts
> Michel Bourassa rmbourassa@gmail.com
>
> Generator Powered?
> No
>
> Number of Generators
>
>
> Kind of Fuel
>
>
> Fuel Storage
> 1-20
>
> Alternative Power
> Most of the Airstreams will have quiet Honda generators which use one or two gallons of gas a day, some have solar panels.
>
> Comments
> Thanks so much for all the work you placement Gods do all year long. I don't pretend to have any name dropping, especially not our best friends Shadow and Baulknob. Nope, not me. Except the camp wouldn't be without some pushing by Shadow several years ago.
>
> Flame Effects
> No
>
> Flame Effects in Villages
>
>
> Camps in Village with Flame Effects
>
>
> Fire Performance
> No
>
> Open Fire and Store Bought Fire Appliances
> Yes
>
> Describe Burn Barrel and/or Fire Appliances
> Possibly Pink will bring one of her artsy barrels she made for school. There could be a self contained propane fire pit if those folks from LA come, haven't heard from them.
>
> Are You Using Lasers in Your Theme Camp?
> No
>
> Laser Safety Contact Name
>
>
> Laser Safety Contact Playa Name
>
>
> Laser Safety Contact Email
>
>
> Describe Lasers and Safety Measures
>
>
> Camp Layout Plan Must be uploaded to complete questionnaire
> 107-85e8393656a6bb6a2f24a6a1845de26c_Airstreameri and What Not 2016.jpg
>
> If your project will include activities for mature audience or that raise health and safety issues, which of the following will be included? Please check all that apply.
>
>
> I Have Read And Understand The Flame Effects Fire Safety Agreement Information And Accept Its Conditions
>
>
>

NevadaGeo
Old 08-20-2016, 09:05 PM   #192
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi View Post
Hi Bam and assorted playa people!

Will be pulling out of Portland early Saturday and hope to be in camp sometime later in the evening. The peace sign is returning along Rex's new creation 'the Silver Sipping Station'. It's a functional piece that will take overflow from the surfboard bar. Is 8 ft long, 30 inches wide and 4 ft tall. Covered with trailer plates from the US and Canada. Needed a shade structure as it is blinding to belly up to during the day. The shade is 16 ft x 16 ft but has a footprint (stakes and straps) of 24 ft x 24 ft. Should be able to fit a significant part of our interactive area if that is OK with camp sages (who also will need to approve Rex's engineering for safety purposes). He's on Amazon right now buying solar lights. See you all soon!

<3 Gigi

Sounds great! We'll make a space for ya...

Old 08-20-2016, 10:37 PM   #193
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgeurin View Post
...I am planning to arrive on Friday morning. ...if NevadaGeo or some other early arriver can point me out a place to park, would be happy to just come to rest with the Airstreameri and not have to move later - or at least not move so far since it sounds like Zep might do some rearranging when he arrives. ...
I will be there early Friday, or maybe even mid-day Thursday, so you probably won't need to move ...

Dr Q
Old 08-20-2016, 10:41 PM   #194
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi View Post
... along Rex's new creation 'the Silver Sipping Station'. It's a functional piece that will take overflow from the surfboard bar. Is 8 ft long, 30 inches wide and 4 ft tall. Covered with trailer plates from the US and Canada. Needed a shade structure as it is blinding to belly up to during the day. The shade is 16 ft x 16 ft but has a footprint (stakes and straps) of 24 ft x 24 ft. ...
Bam, we might need to keep a larger area open (bigger than a 60' radius) from the corner in order to accommodate this shade structure and all the other "stuff"...

Dr Q
Old 08-20-2016, 11:08 PM   #195
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
Bam, we might need to keep a larger area open (bigger than a 60' radius) from the corner in order to accommodate this shade structure and all the other "stuff"...

Dr Q
Yep. A little rearranging but we should have room for everything.
More pieces for our always changing puzzle.
Good thing we will have plenty of refreshments. 😎

See you all soon!

Old 08-20-2016, 11:48 PM   #196
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Fullerton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
Yep. A little rearranging but we should have room for everything.
More pieces for our always changing puzzle.
Good thing we will have plenty of refreshments. ��

See you all soon!
I will be arriving tuesday evening around 5-7pm.

If i can request for a game area next to my Bambino or anywhere feasible would be nice. Will be providing, giant jenga, ring toss, checker, cards and espresso.

Also... i'm gonna have to ditch Trainwreck this time. Volunteering at Playa Info as an IT with that playa name did not make a good first impression. Haha..