Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2015, 10:44 PM   #81

1986 29' Sovereign
Surrey , British Columbia
New to the Forum

Hi there
Just wondering if there is a process for registering for the camp at Burning Man. We have our tickets and vehicle pass but are unsure how we would join your camp!
Happyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:10 PM   #82
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
something to play on

What is meant by something to play on?

110 power? I have that.

An instrument?

Lemmie know!!

M
Old 07-31-2015, 01:54 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
What is meant by something to play on?

110 power? I have that.

An instrument?

Lemmie know!!

M
I deciphered that she has her music, but needs a bit of amplifer to play it on. We're in for a treat if she brings the grinder. oh, I suspect she needs 110 for that. I'll ask.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:09 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman View Post
Hi there
Just wondering if there is a process for registering for the camp at Burning Man. We have our tickets and vehicle pass but are unsure how we would join your camp!
Oops, little did you know, that you just did. Read our theme camp application, study the Survival Guide for 5 questions for our Wrangler to place you and come have fun. Bring some post card postage to gift to the Best Playa Post Card table; I'm not sure whether to say Canadian or US postage since it will posted at Black Rock City, NV 89412.
Potluck dinner on Wednesday at 6, followed by some type of scientific talk or unscientific talk (according who we trip up during the day) Possibly followed by a Fire Dancer. If you happen to have FRP "Fire Resistant Protective" gear, bring it to help RMB with burning his perfectly good art work out on playa. I think he's planning on burning it anyway. We'll need a dozen or more folks to help with that fun. (People seem to want to run into burning objects, don't know why.)
Hopefully, anybody joining us in our little camp will read our theme camp application and chime in here to help with the plan, study the Survival Guide and be prepared with 5 questions out of the Survival Guide in order to be placed. Even tenters or yurts.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-02-2015, 09:49 PM   #85
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
We will miss you JD And Cindy!

Yay Pink and PD! Annie and Bill?

Yes everyone is welcome. We just need a head count.

Hey it's August already. Ya hoooo!

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:56 PM   #86
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Attention Post Card Fans:

Last year the Black Rock Post Office informed us that we can't send out cards with things pasted on them. So no cut and paste or stuck on do dads this year. But of course varieties of colored pens and pencils of all sorts are welcomed and I'm sure lovely designs will be created. And much less moop!

Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 PM   #87
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
And of course we need stamps...any kind of rubber stamps and ink stamp pads for general decorative stamping mayhem AND the real Postal Service post card stamps so we can actually, really mail them.

Thanks for playing!

Old 08-03-2015, 08:54 AM   #88
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
A list, a list, we're lissssting

Ok, I forgot, a copy of the application I indentured everyone to with everyone's input is on page 5, post #61 of this thread. Pretty much what you helped me send in last year too. And a list. Anybody going to be coming this year, our Chief Wrangler would like to know so we can give away our allotted Placed Theme Camp space just before you get here. We had some fine firedancer group in space we've given away before. And we Lucked out at times without major MOOP deposited on our space that we've gifted out to some huge Motorhomes. Didn't so so well on one with major MOOPING habit. So coming is:::

Carport "Community Tent" with pump up mister and Best Playa Post Cards

NevadaGeo and Roberta, 31' Excella and Dodge truck. Maybe disabled Golf Cart
BamCamper, Bambi with corner exotic art
Zeppelinium with Soverign?
Tranquillo in 345? with Surfboard for Bar
I believe ChollaBill and Anne, with their Bambi, with the Best Playa Post cards equipment and maybe Morning Bacon
RMB and Bob from past the Northern Lights, with placed Artery Art, and 23' International
Gigi and Tanya and Billie and some husbands for 5? 21' Airstream? Billie hubby bringing a S other Brand from Carolina I think.
Possibly "Happyman we from BC with 29' Airstream doing MOOP Patrol
Pink and PaddyDuke with 22' International, doing Gate

and maybe 7 Czeck tenters with MOOP Patrol

Please copy, add whatchagonna do and whatchagonnabring and paste and find your 5 questions from the Survival Guide for the Wrangler
Thanks!

Sunday Monday Corner Bar meet and greet
Tutu Tuesday
Wednesday 6PM Potluck Wednesday 6PM with your scientific talk after, Maybe FireDancer at dark.
Thursday Pilgrimage to the Temple to honor our missing and your folks that have passed during the year
Friday 4PM out at (don't know where) set up for the After Ladies Bike Ride Drumming Circle and party, set up poles for bike parking, take poles down, while the ladies do their Breast Cancer awareness bike ride. (also known world wide as the CT ride)
Saturday 9PM (or 10. or 8. or 11) the Man burns
Sunday 8PM (find out) the Temple burns
Monday
Tuesday yer outta here

25 folks with 10 units. Hmmm

NevadaGeo
Old 08-04-2015, 01:23 PM   #89
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Possible Tickets available

ChollaBill and Anne have notified us that they won't be able to come this year, so their tickets may be available. Check with Bill. Dang we need them on playa too with their Best Playa Post Cards knowledge

NevadaGeo
Old 08-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #90
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Updated A list

-NevadaGeo and Roberta, 31' Excella and Dodge truck. Maybe disabled Golf Cart
-BamCamper, Bambi with corner exotic art
-Zeppelinium with Soverign?
-Tranquillo in 345? with Surfboard for Bar
-RMB and Bob from past the Northern Lights, with placed Artery Art, and 23' International
-Gigi, Rex, & Tanya, 27' Flying Cloud w/ Nissan Armada. AS Scrap art piece for camp, Dusty restorative/yin yoga with Tanya, Ramrod Thursday Temple Pilgrimage, blank postcards/pens, colored pencils/rubber stamps, stamp pads/postage/pumpkin and lollies, liquor and mixers for surfboard bar, MOOP patrol
-Billie & Frank, 22' nonAS w/ Chevy Tahoe, postage/pens, liquor/mixers for dusty camp guests, MOOP patrol
-Possibly "Happyman we from BC with 29' Airstream doing MOOP Patrol
-Pink and PaddyDuke with 22' International, doing Gate

-and maybe 7 Czeck tenters with MOOP Patrol

Please copy, add whatchagonna do and whatchagonnabring and paste and find your 5 questions from the Survival Guide for the Wrangler
Thanks!
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:37 AM   #91

1983 31' Airstream310
Santa Cruz , California
Hi All,
Hope you all don't mind me barging your planning thread...

2015 Burn is my 9th Burn, but this year is going to be different.
(really different!)
I'm part of an art support camp and will be driving in solo in my 310 motorhome and camping in 3:00 area.
I've been using a 19' dome out there, so having RV amenities will be totally new.
My BIG question is, do any of you build shade for your rig out on the playa? I'm thinking of using the shade cloth from the dome and building a monkey hut type structure.
Any other tips on taking an airstream/RV to the Burn are greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
Pauli Lama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:54 PM   #92
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauli Lama View Post
Hi All,
Hope you all don't mind me barging your planning thread...

2015 Burn is my 9th Burn, but this year is going to be different.
(really different!)
I'm part of an art support camp and will be driving in solo in my 310 motorhome and camping in 3:00 area.
I've been using a 19' dome out there, so having RV amenities will be totally new.
My BIG question is, do any of you build shade for your rig out on the playa? I'm thinking of using the shade cloth from the dome and building a monkey hut type structure.
Any other tips on taking an airstream/RV to the Burn are greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
Our light breezes out there make it pretty iffy to try keeping a shade over the airstream. Perhaps you could put on some buffing paste and have the shade give you a well burnished look.
Tranquilo has had good luck with holding down the ZipDees on his 345 by ratcheting hold downs to the tire spokes; it works for me too tying to the stabilizer jacks. I've launched pretty heavy chairs and small people before trying that. But I don't think I've seen anyone manage to keep a cover over their airstream.

Wait, WE are in the 3:00 area too! Join us if you wish, 3:15 and Geeks or thereabouts. Potluck for the camp 6:00 Wednesday.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #93
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
We've done a cover over our airstream that held up in the dust and wind. We made it like this:
aluminet shade from FarmTek, held with ball ties to
galvanized steel pipe frame with T-connectors held on with set screws
anchored into the ground by:
2' rebar stakes that go 18" deep and stick up 6" above
set screws through pipe uprights, held in place by nuts welded over holes at base of pipes
and all this was stabilized by diagonal x-bracing with sturdy ratchet ties.

Our 20 x 30 shade covered our 25' Airstream and gave us 10' of shade along the door side. It kept things sheltered but breezy, but it blocked our solar panels.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:33 PM   #94
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Pink and PaddyDuke with 22' International, doing Gate
Woot! More Gate volunteers! They sure need them this year. I'm now Zygote on the schedule.

I didn't see "Pink" or "Paddy" on the Gate/Perimeter/Exodus signups. Are you there under other names? There are a lot of names there, so I might have missed 'em.

If we work the same shifts, we'll be on the bus together. I'm trying my hand at Apex this year (those very first Gate people who send you to Will Call or to Gate), so I won't be working in the lanes with you, but it would be fun to swap stories on the transport bus.

Post here with your Gate names and/or your shift times and I'll see if we can match up some shifts!
Old 08-05-2015, 10:35 PM   #95
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by webspinner View Post
Woot! More Gate volunteers! They sure need them this year. I'm now Zygote on the schedule. ...
Post here with your Gate names and/or your shift times and I'll see if we can match up some shifts!
It just dawned on me that you can't check the schedule for my shifts since Apex signups only show up if Lexicon knows you're coming. I'm doing Saturday swing (6-midnight), Monday afternoon (noon to 6 pm) and Wednesday afternoon. I also have a perimeter shift later in the week, but I may end up changing that one.

Let me know if you've signed up for any of those. You'll be good for Gate.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:29 AM   #96
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Fullerton , California
Eager helpers

Hi All,

I just recently did a renovation to our late model bambi and will be taking its first trip to our first BM. Do you guys have room for 2 eager helpers to join camp? We recently got tickets through OMG sale hence why the late inquiry. We would love to provide morning espresso/cappuccino for camp members, blow up movie screen and projector for entertainment for all.

Kenny
Mtrid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:28 AM   #97
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Mtrid3r, we have room. We've had two cancellations just this past week, so join us in your Airstream. Our camp is near the intersection of 3:00 and Geek, so we're easy to find.

We don't have a lot of rules:
1. Don't bring your 1,000 Watt audio system to entertain the camp with your favorite tunes (we do have that rule, don't we?). If you want to blast away, park out at 3:00 and Zulu.
2. Follow the directions of the Head Wrangler when you arrive (we do have that rule). Parking location within the camp and orientation is dictated by (a) forming the camp, (b) providing mutual protection from the wind, (c) using our reserved space efficiently, and (d) acceding to your desires to be near to or far from some other Airstream.
3. Be an active member of the "sharing" economy (your post indicates that you already are! Thanks.).

Dr Quark aka Zep
Head Airstream Wrangler
Old 08-10-2015, 03:43 AM   #98
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Zeppelinium with Soverign?
Nope, the '73 Safari, solo
Old 08-10-2015, 08:37 AM   #99
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
I submitted a PIN request to put Airstreameri on the "unofficial google burning man" map. It should show up in 7 days or less.

Dr Quark
Old 08-10-2015, 11:31 PM   #100
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Fullerton , California
Thank you for taking us in. Looking forward to meeting everyone at BRC. We plan to arrive on Wed afternoon. If you need us to pick up any last minute stuff please email me at kenny@computerholic.net or call/text 714.317.1357.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
Mtrid3r, we have room. We've had two cancellations just this past week, so join us in your Airstream. Our camp is near the intersection of 3:00 and Geek, so we're easy to find.

We don't have a lot of rules:
1. Don't bring your 1,000 Watt audio system to entertain the camp with your favorite tunes (we do have that rule, don't we?). If you want to blast away, park out at 3:00 and Zulu.
2. Follow the directions of the Head Wrangler when you arrive (we do have that rule). Parking location within the camp and orientation is dictated by (a) forming the camp, (b) providing mutual protection from the wind, (c) using our reserved space efficiently, and (d) acceding to your desires to be near to or far from some other Airstream.
3. Be an active member of the "sharing" economy (your post indicates that you already are! Thanks.).

Dr Quark aka Zep
Head Airstream Wrangler
Mtrid3r is offline   Reply With Quote