Old 01-15-2015, 08:34 AM   #29
flygrrl

1962 19' Globetrotter
Winchester , Ontario
Alkali eyes

NevadaGeo, any tips on dusty sensitive eyes, other than goggles of course?

Leonie

flygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:10 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
I'd look at all the pictures in the ether, goggles seem to do for most. The dust isn't that serious I don't think.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #31
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
we dont need no stinking goggles
Old 02-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #32
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Rehoboth beach , Delaware
We are thinking of going to burning man this year. If we buy our tickets then we just show up with our airstream at your camp?
Old 02-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
There's a bit more involved in going to Burning Man than just showing up, and this thread is a great place to start.

One of the driving principles of Burning Man is that it is not a spectator event. Everyone is part of the show, part of everyone else's experience. That's what makes it so mind blowing and rich. That also takes preparation.

A "placed" theme camp at Burning Man has the privilege of having a guaranteed spot of territory. With this comes responsibilities of providing participation with the surrounding community, cleaning up afterward and working together as part of the camp community during the week.

All of this takes planning and preparation. The more involved all the campers are in that planning and prep, the better the week goes for everyone and the better the camp is positioned to get placement the following year.

So get your ticket, participate in the preparation planning for the Airstreameri, and then show up, park your rig and have a great time.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:38 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Our theme camp needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennb View Post
We are thinking of going to burning man this year. If we buy our tickets then we just show up with our airstream at your camp?
Wondeful! Welcome Glennb! So far, I believe RMB and Bob are bringing a Canadian art piece that will be blessed by the Arteriey and placed on playa, and blessed by the fire gods to be burned on playa, a very artful task to get through all that formology. (oops, lets say IT WILL). ChollaBill and Anne will be bringing The Best Playa Post Card booth (with help by Pink and everyone), the booth usually is in our community tent carport. Bam and Tranquilo usually spend hours MOOPing our area before we get there, and set up a most fun corner of placards and signs and Muffy and Buffy and neat surfBar. We usually have a Wednesday evening of scientific talks and potluck dinner at 6ish, if our scientists and Gynecologists and botanists are sober enough to talk. I sorta wasn't forceful with my talk last year, maybe another year I'll expound with more arm waving multisyllabic mindnubming desertation on dustydirt and GreatBasin geology.
What We don't have, and we need is a Mutant Vehicle. Some of our campmates have difficulty getting trashed at the trash fence cause we cant get there. A Mutant Vehicle would be nice. Just make one, get it approved by the DMV and licensed. Mutant Vehicles | Burning Man although I volunteer at the DMV much of the event, I don't have much pull on what's accepted. The word "Art Car" is discouraged because the vehicle must be mutated to not be recognizable as a particular vehicle https://www.fest300.com/magazine/pho...t-car-yearbook Pictures of the week: The Mutant Vehicles Of Burning Man, by Sidney Erthal and Scott London | Music | The Guardian We all would like a ride to get trashed, or a Thursday morning tribute at the Temple, or a group do to help with the after bike ride party on Friday. And Thanks!

It must be easy, even girls can do it: https://www.fest300.com/magazine/thi...st-won-an-emmy

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:50 PM   #35

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Redmond , Oregon
Burning Man 2015

In the event we get Burning Man tickets tomorrow, we would like to join the "Airstreameri" group attending the festival August 31st. This will be our first "Burn" and we are so grateful that there is a group of Airstreamers attending the event. Thank you! Mark and Kim E. (from Oregon)
Old 02-10-2015, 11:05 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Indian Wells , California
Tomorrow registration opens. Ticket sales aren't until the 18th at noon, pacific time.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:44 AM   #37
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
Welcome Mark and Kim! Bring stamps for the postcard table please!
Old 02-11-2015, 06:08 AM   #38
OJs Argosy

1975 Argosy 22
DeLand , Florida
This is amazing! So my questions are how do we go about joining the group? We can show up early for the cleaning, we will do whatever needs to be done to join this awesome looking event. Is this a lottery selection for tickets if purchased individually? We may not be done with the Argosy renovation but in that case fear not we have a 1965 13' Serro Scotty ready to go the distance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	380.3 KB
ID:	232165  
Old 02-11-2015, 08:10 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Indian Wells , California
Here's a link for the Burning Man Preparation page. Lots of good information for first time burners.

There's also the eplaya forum. Every question about Burning Man has been asked and answered.

Preparing for the trip is half the fun!
Old 02-12-2015, 06:37 AM   #40
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
cincinnati , Ohio
Don't forget to register to buy tix. Registration closes this weekend. General sale is next weds. Good luck to everyone getting tix
Old 02-12-2015, 01:12 PM   #41
Burner since '95

1972 27' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Weed , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoWW View Post
Don't forget to register to buy tix. Registration closes this weekend. General sale is next weds. Good luck to everyone getting tix
You'll also need a http://www.ticketfly.com account ready to go.

Monte
Old 02-12-2015, 01:16 PM   #42
Burner since '95

1972 27' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Weed , California
Check out your kin across town: Burnstream Court | Welcome

Monte