Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #81
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Greenbrae , California
I just found a few pictures from my first burn. So much fun! I hope I can make it this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ed@opulentTempleBurn2010.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	207116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Me, Ed, Eric@ burn2010.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	207117  

Old 03-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #82
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1956 22' Caravanner
Mayto , Jalisco
Looking for 2 tickets for Dan and Myself, living SOB we missed the 44 minute sellout! Cannot miss seeing you guys again! XX
Old 03-31-2014, 09:51 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Application Verbosity Needed

Hey fellow favorite dusyites, it's application time and my verbosity quotient is a few quarts low and I need some help to imanginate us back onto the playa, especially with the Interactivity and Acculturalization questions. :::::::::::::::::::::::

Attention:
This page requires you to upload your Camp Layout Plan, if it is not ready, or if you are on a mobile device, please press Save and Continue at the top of this page and come back later.
Final maps are due July 1.

Interactivity ...
Interactivity Description *This question is required.
Please describe your Camp and how you will promote personal interactivity of our community within your Camp at this year’s event. Please be as specific and concrete as possible. We are interested in reading your schedule of events, your plans for service, gifting and hosting in detail. (This is the most important information we are collecting from you).

Project Interactivity *This question is required.
What interactive aspects does your project include? Please check all that apply.
• Primarily Day Time
• Primarily Night Time
• 24 Hour Interactive Elements
• Scheduled Events
• Acculturation for First time Burners
• Action for Reward
• Bands
• Bar
• Barter
• Body Painting
• Chill Space
• Circus Art
• Collecting Data
• Costuming
• Crafts
• Create an Environment
• Creating Music
• Dancing
• Drawing
• Drumming
• Education Based
• Entertaining
• Experiments
• Fire / Flame Art
• Food Given
• Formalized Dance
• Found Art
• Games
• Gifts Given
• Entertaining Guests
• Environmentally conscious
• Heckling
• Improvisation
• Kinetic Art
• Library
• Lectures
• Marching Bands
• Meditation
• Misting System
• Movies
• Music
• Other
• Painting
• Parades
• Performance
• Photography
• Poetry
• Performance Art
• Recycling Into Art
• Ritual
• Ritual Performance
• Sculpture
• Services Rendered
• Shared Experience
• Silk Screening
• Singing
• Spoken Word
• Structures to Climb or Play On/With
• Theme-related activities
• Theme-related visual effect
• Water Art
• Workshops
• Yoga

Number of Campmates *This question is required.
How many people will be camping with you? We have limited areas available for very large camps/villages, therefore we are encouraging more, smaller camps.
• 3 to 5 (we cannot map less than three people)
• 6 to 10
• 11 to 15
• 16 to 20
• 21 to 30
• 31 to 40
• 41 to 50
• 51 to 60
• 61 to 70
• 71 to 80
• 81 to 90
• 91 to 100
• 101 to 125
• 126 to 150
• 151 to 200
• 201 to 300
• 301 to 400
• 401 to 500 (We advise limiting camp/village to 500 people or less If you are considering a very large camp/village, please contact placement@burningman.com for support).

Acculturation *This question is required.
Familiarizing newer Burning Man event participants to our culture and community is a vital role of Placed Camps.
How does your camp encourage Participation, teach about the 10 Principles and set expectations about what it means to be a Burner?
Please describe how your Camp acculturates its members and the greater community.

Words used: 0 out of 200.

Physical Description *This question is required.
We need a description of the layout of your Camp. Please describe the physical aspects with as much detail as possible. Include a description of features like structures, buildings, vehicles, tents, platforms, and the locations of your power sources. Maximum of 400 words.

NevadaGeo
Old 03-31-2014, 09:56 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Application Verbosity Needed, next page

Project Features
Which, if any of the following features will your project include? Please check all that apply.
• Amplified music (more below)
• Amplified sound (more below)
• Drum circle
• Structures over 15ft. feet high
• Holes dug in the playa
• Massage
• Performance stage
• Piercing
• Pool (more later)
• Public kitchens (feeding more than 125 people)
• Flame Effects
• Scaffolding
• Showers (more later)
• Tattoo
• Activities for mature audiences (more later)
Sound Amplification *This question is required.
Will your Camp have sound amplification?
• Yes
• No
Stage *This question is required.
Are you planning on building a stage in your Camp? (Please read about sound limitations.)
• Yes
• No
Big-Name Performers *This question is required.
If you have sound amplification, will you be featuring any big-name DJs or performers?

NevadaGeo
Old 04-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #85
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Hey fellow favorite dusyites, it's application time and my verbosity quotient is a few quarts low and I need some help to imanginate us back onto the playa, especially with the Interactivity and Acculturalization questions. :::::::::::::::::::::::
Final maps are due July 1.

Interactivity ...
(This is the most important information we are collecting from you).

What interactive aspects does your project include? Please check all that apply.
• Primarily Day Time
• Scheduled Events -- lectures
• Acculturation for First time Burners -- yes, and we have demonstrated this in the past as we drag in stray Streamers and get them integrated
• Crafts -- design your postcards
• Create an Environment -- self contained boondocking
• Education Based -- geologists
• Games -- yes
• Entertaining Guests -- open house
• Environmentally conscious -- solar and minimal footprint
• Lectures -- didn't I say this already?
• Misting System -- yes
• Movies -- will we do this again?
• Theme-related activities -- ??

Number of Campmates *This question is required.
... we are encouraging more, smaller camps.
• 31 to 40 -- somewhere in here
• 41 to 50 -- or here
Acculturation *This question is required.
Familiarizing newer Burning Man event participants to our culture and community is a vital role of Placed Camps.
How does your camp encourage Participation, teach about the 10 Principles and set expectations about what it means to be a Burner?
Please describe how your Camp acculturates its members and the greater community.
I'll do a draft for this, and a map
Physical Description *This question is required.
We need a description of the layout of your Camp. Please describe the physical aspects with as much detail as possible. Include a description of features like structures, buildings, vehicles, tents, platforms, and the locations of your power sources. Maximum of 400 words.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #86
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Project Features
-- no for all items
Sound Amplification *This question is required.
Will your Camp have sound amplification?
• No

Stage *This question is required.
Are you planning on building a stage in your Camp? (Please read about sound limitations.)
• No

Big-Name Performers *This question is required.
If you have sound amplification, will you be featuring any big-name DJs or performers? -- no
Old 04-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #87
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Bend , Oregon
“How we support the 10 principles” might weigh a lot. Following are my thoughts; i.e., total BS:
We welcome and respect the stranger. All strays are included in our gatherings and potluck meals. Participation is valued and members interact and collaborate with neighbor camps. Generous gifting includes the postcard activity and gifts (generous adult beverage giveaways to support dance camp bars; traypass breakfast to neighborhood, etc). We demonstrate decommodification and radical self-reliance with the individualization and playa adaptivity of the branded product that brings us together. We are self contained and in a position to help others and be a resource for individuals with less hardy shelters. Communal Effort and Civic Responsibility 
are supported by our well-attended playa talks. What the hell is “immediacy” anyway? And our self contained trailers mean less impact to the portapotty system, and members are continually harangued to moop and are physically flogged by camp leadership if they Leave A Trace.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:38 PM   #88
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coleman View Post
“How we support the 10 principles” might weigh a lot. Following are my thoughts; i.e., total BS:
We welcome and respect the stranger. All strays are included in our gatherings and potluck meals. Participation is valued and members interact and collaborate with neighbor camps. Generous gifting includes the postcard activity and gifts (generous adult beverage giveaways to support dance camp bars; traypass breakfast to neighborhood, etc). We demonstrate decommodification and radical self-reliance with the individualization and playa adaptivity of the branded product that brings us together. We are self contained and in a position to help others and be a resource for individuals with less hardy shelters. Communal Effort and Civic Responsibility 
are supported by our well-attended playa talks. What the hell is “immediacy” anyway? And our self contained trailers mean less impact to the portapotty system, and members are continually harangued to moop and are physically flogged by camp leadership if they Leave A Trace.
Ya, this is close! Except if you'll notice I try not to invite the city to our potluck if I can help it. (Think of the lines Tuna Camp used to have and they didn't advertise) Hmm, I wonder is flogging one of the items on the list? Over at Spankys Wine Bar I think for sure. Thanks guys!

NevadaGeo
Old 04-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #89
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
How about this NevadaGeo?

• Primarily Day Time

The day time is busy with the Post Card Construction station , the welcoming bar, foot massages and general bonhomie. We organize the camp so that the corner of the street we have occupied in the past is an open courtyard where people are welcome to drop in. All our camp members meet in this courtyard - rather than in hidden shady nooks - so there is always activity going on which induces others to join us.

We try to exude "Welcomeness" and always invite passing Burners to stay a while. Its has proven to be a successful approach. The informaility, absence of structured positioning and edifices, indeed, the seeming "amateurishness" & spontaneity of it all, combine to make Burners feel quite welcome.
• Acculturation for First time Burners -- yes, and we have demonstrated this in the past as we drag in stray Streamers and get them integrated

• Education Based -- geologists & Gynocologists (when not on call)
Old 04-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #90
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado

378 words follow:

The Airstreameri is a self-contained camp of 22 Airstream camping trailers, from the 1950s up to this year’s models. The trailers and tow vehicles are arranged in two semicircles with a welcoming portal on the main street. Our portal is flanked by our highly popular (and public) Burners’ post card art activity and manikin-manned shade structure relaxation bar. Our only “structure” is an open-sided 14x24 tent canopy where the community gathers for meals and the annual “Playa Vicinity Geology and Ecology” lecture. Most of the Airstreams have roll-out awnings and they are parked in a way that allows for mutual shade and wind barrier support between pairs of trailers. This is a great aid for our 4 tent campers, since we provide pre-planned spots for them to nestle in among the Airstreams. The tow vehicles are parked between pairs of Airstreams on the non-awning side, which makes for a very compact camp. Each pair of Airstreams provides its own power from solar or small, quiet generators that are run only during the day. Other features of the camp are two gray water evaporation ponds, a required Moop container at each Airstream, a fire pit/burn barrel, and a physical arrangement that provides easy entry for large service vehicles (fire, water, sewage service). We start with a plan but remain flexible enough to accommodate being placed at a corner (preferred) or in the middle of a block. This flexibility has allowed the Airstreameri to welcome first time Airstream Burners (and other RV Burners as space permits) who obviously need some Acculturation. We are happy to provide! In addition to welcoming these strays into our camp, we encourage other Burners, through our open portal, to see how we use our Airstreams as self-contained boondocking environments throughout the year. The Airstream community is the original American Caravansary—famous for caravans around the world. The most famous is the Cairo to Cape Town journey in 1959, but the Silk Road Caravan, the ultimate trailer trip, followed a path mapped by Marco Polo in the late 13th century. This 403-day trek covered 31,000 miles and wound its way through Singapore, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Portugal, Syria, Thailand, and Russia. Burners are encouraged to stop by and get a taste of our caravan lifestyle.

Dr. Quark, aka Zep
Old 04-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #91
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
I think it is important to emphasize the caravan history of the Airstream and possibly get a prominent shout out from the Burning Man organizing/placement committee. If so we'd need to add a lecture and photos/posters as part of our welcoming portal. Photos of mud holes and broken axles as well as parking in Red Square.

Dr. Quark
Old 04-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #92
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
I think it is important to emphasize the caravan history of the Airstream and possibly get a prominent shout out from the Burning Man organizing/placement committee. If so we'd need to add a lecture and photos/posters as part of our welcoming portal. Photos of mud holes and broken axles as well as parking in Red Square.

Dr. Quark
I'll ask Pee Wee and see what he can do for us. Or maybe Archie could?

NevadaGeo
Old 04-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #93
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
How about this NevadaGeo?

• Primarily Day Time

The day time is busy with the Post Card Construction station , the welcoming bar, foot massages and general bonhomie. We organize the camp so that the corner of the street we have occupied in the past is an open courtyard where people are welcome to drop in. All our camp members meet in this courtyard - rather than in hidden shady nooks - so there is always activity going on which induces others to join us.

We try to exude "Welcomeness" and always invite passing Burners to stay a while. Its has proven to be a successful approach. The informaility, absence of structured positioning and edifices, indeed, the seeming "amateurishness" & spontaneity of it all, combine to make Burners feel quite welcome.

• Education Based -- geologists & Gynocologists (when not on call)
Thanks Michael, I'm copying all this stuff. and will probably use most of it too! Just pretty busy at work for a bit now.

NevadaGeo
Old 04-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #94
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:

Dr. Quark
I'm liking this as a side theme! Dale wants specific locations, caravans. If we ask him nicely he might help us, he was there and might still have the tee shirt. This sounds like some good stuff to build on for the camp! I'll even use the beret emoto

NevadaGeo
Old 04-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #95
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Quote:

378 words follow:

The Airstreameri is a self-contained camp of 22 Airstream camping trailers, from the 1950s up to this year’s models. The trailers and tow vehicles are arranged in two semicircles with a welcoming portal on the main street. Our portal is flanked by our highly popular (and public) Burners’ post card art activity and manikin-manned shade structure relaxation bar. Our only “structure” is an open-sided 14x24 tent canopy where the community gathers for meals and the annual “Playa Vicinity Geology and Ecology” lecture. Most of the Airstreams have roll-out awnings and they are parked in a way that allows for mutual shade and wind barrier support between pairs of trailers. This is a great aid for our 4 tent campers, since we provide pre-planned spots for them to nestle in among the Airstreams. The tow vehicles are parked between pairs of Airstreams on the non-awning side, which makes for a very compact camp. Each pair of Airstreams provides its own power from solar or small, quiet generators that are run only during the day. Other features of the camp are two gray water evaporation ponds, a required Moop container at each Airstream, a fire pit/burn barrel, and a physical arrangement that provides easy entry for large service vehicles (fire, water, sewage service). We start with a plan but remain flexible enough to accommodate being placed at a corner (preferred) or in the middle of a block. This flexibility has allowed the Airstreameri to welcome first time Airstream Burners (and other RV Burners as space permits) who obviously need some Acculturation. We are happy to provide! In addition to welcoming these strays into our camp, we encourage other Burners, through our open portal, to see how we use our Airstreams as self-contained boondocking environments throughout the year. The Airstream community is the original American Caravansary—famous for caravans around the world. The most famous is the Cairo to Cape Town journey in 1959, but the Silk Road Caravan, the ultimate trailer trip, followed a path mapped by Marco Polo in the late 13th century. This 403-day trek covered 31,000 miles and wound its way through Singapore, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Portugal, Syria, Thailand, and Russia. Burners are encouraged to stop by and get a taste of our caravan lifestyle.

Dr. Quark, aka Zep

I think that ^ will do nicely.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #96
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
Did you hear that Rhyder passed away?
Old 05-07-2014, 06:26 AM   #97
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Oh no. I hadn't heard that.
What happened?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #98
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Dang it, Bob and I wish we were going! We both expect you will have a good time for us. Be forwarned, that we will be there in 2015 with a new "art" piece to burn - we are designing and planning it already!

All the best!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #99
1 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
Venice Beach , California
?

What camp is this and where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coleman View Post
Old 05-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #100
2 Rivet Member

2003 28' Classic
Ladysmith , Wisconsin
Many of my friends attend Burning Man. And we just bought a nice 28' 2003!Airstream. I'm worried about it being damaged.
Closed Thread