Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #21
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Logo??

I doodled this up thinking about a logo for us It contains all elements of AG&G's!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	203515  
Old 01-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
We are up for the WBCCI thing, too.

Please let us know if we can help in some way.

Regards,

JD

Old 01-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Been there, have the tee shirt

Most people don't know, but there is already a Tee shirt. We might be able to talk ArtStream into making some more for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	737.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	203521   Click image for larger version

Name:	734.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	367.1 KB
ID:	203522  

Attached Images

NevadaGeo
Old 01-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
cincinnati , Ohio
Great thread already

OK, I've been talking for, I don't know, maybe ten years with one of my buddies about going to Burning Man. Timing never seemed to work with the kids in school and all.
I spoke with him today and told him I was looking hard at a few Argosys (a 20 and a 24), and that Burning Man would only be a 36 or so hour drive. He already has clearance from his wife, and I have yet to buy my Arogsy or do any of the work I'll need to do, but he's planning what to pack.

I'd love to know if there is a group buy on tickets and/group camping and would be in for two tickets in any event. All I have to do is find the right trailer and I'll be seeing you all soon enough. That shouldn't be a problem.
The pressure is on. This could be an epic week.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoWW View Post
I'd love to know if there is a group buy on tickets and/group camping and would be in for two tickets in any event. All I have to do is find the right trailer and I'll be seeing you all soon enough. That shouldn't be a problem.
Love to have you. We need another unconstrained optimist. Hope you have tons of money for that "right trailer," or tons of time. I am always surprised how much work it takes to make the "perfect" trailer roadable. If you start in the middle of May and devote 100% of your time to it, you might just make it.

As for tickets, you need to read the excerpt from Jack Rabbit Speaks posted by NEVADAGEO (our esteemed trail[er] boss), above. You get your own ticket(s) and this year for the first time you are encouraged to team up with a common vehicle pass (not totally useful to RVers). Good luck.

The essence of the Airstreameri, Geologists, and Gynecologists is group camping. That's what a theme camp is all about. It costs nothing to join and provides exceptional comraderie, mutual support, and many friends throughout the year in the alternate world.

See you on the playa. Read the First Time Burner guide, really, at burningman.com.

Dr Quark
Old 01-16-2014, 12:56 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Tee Shirts, been there, playa dusted already

Got a note back from ArtStream, he might could do some shirts for us. Look at your dog tag from last year(s), he does our design on those.
Note from Chief Grump: Our camp has always run with no costs to anybody, with just what folks gift to each other and to the camp and everyone's slaving work, thank you. Some camps have a fee to get in plus bring a case of something. I'm a little hesitant to start down the commodification road but these would be Airstreameri history we could use months before we get there, besides who actually wears shirts on Playa? (well I have but that was, er shall we say that was a different era)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:40:43 -0800
Subject: Re: Tee Shirts for Airstreameri?
To:
Hey Perry,
Good to hear from you. Trust all is well your way.

All is well here. Once again I'm wintering at Slab City and life is good.
Tee Shirts, again. People talk a good game, but when the peddle hits the metal very few are ordered.

I can see a price of $15, for an order of 10 shirts or more. Tee shirt color would be playa dust, 2x - 3x would be $20. Brand, Fruit of the Loom HD

Of course, you get to see and comment on the designs I come up with, but only after a firm commitment for 10 or more Tees.

PS, last time I did shirts for BM we sold 2.

Michael J Depraida
artist @ large

NevadaGeo
Old 01-16-2014, 06:58 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
cincinnati , Ohio
Dr Quark. You are indeed right about the rehab. I think my goal may be to have a trailer that is road worthy to be pulled cross country and has functioning a/c and hopefully a fridge as well. My bet is that much of the other work will have to wait. I was explaining all of the systems that will likely need work or updates to my buddy. I think he may be happy with shelter from the wind and ac. I have loads of camping gear, although a functioning toilet may also be a priority. Lots to consider on which trailer to buy and what to focus on after axels and safety are addressed.

My niece was on the Medical team last year and has filled me in on what to expect in many regards. I've been reading about this event for years and want to make it happen. Been to a few other camping festivals and can deal with the dirt crowds and sometimes long waits.

A question about tickets. I see there is registration now for those willing to pay a premium to be assured they get in. Are tickets as difficult to get as say for Comic Con, where strategy, planning and luck are the only ways to get a ticket or is it more like Bonnaroo or Cochella with tickets reasonably available? Trying to figure out if I need to pay the penalty now or just wait and buy later
Old 01-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoWW View Post
... I think my goal may be to have a trailer that is road worthy to be pulled cross country and has functioning a/c and hopefully a fridge as well. ...I think he may be happy with shelter from the wind and ac. I have loads of camping gear, although a functioning toilet may also be a priority. ...
  1. Fridge, yes, but a double insulated cooler can hold ice for about 4 days.
  2. Toilet, definitely. Which means you need a fully functioning black tank with reliable dump valve. If you are careful about flushing, you can make it last 6-7 days.
  3. AC, not really. It's cool at night and daytime gets up to only 96-ish, max. The AC is useful only when you button up for the dust storms. A small 12V fan is almost as useful.
  4. Quiet generator, a real plus, or solar.
  5. Several large bottles of Tequila or suitable substitute.
  6. Bicycle, yes.
  7. Dust mask and googles, yes.
  8. Blinky LED necklaces or other body lights, absolutely, or you will be run over at night and killed.
  9. Do not be fooled, 2-6-7-8 are mandatory.

Quote:
A question about tickets. I see there is registration now for those willing to pay a premium to be assured they get in. Are tickets as difficult to get as say ...Trying to figure out if I need to pay the penalty now or just wait and buy later
  • If this is a "must do" year, you might think about getting early, expensive tickets. Otherwise, get in the lottery. The number of tickets has been increased, so it looks like a good probability that you could get a ticket (or pair of tickets) in the normal course of events. You would almost be assured of getting a pair of tickets if you and your buddy both sign up for 2. My experience is that if you both get tickets, you can easily sell the extras later in the exchange.
  • If you don't get tickets in the normal draw, then you can lurk on the exchange for people selling theirs because they can't go at the last minute.
  • If you don't get tickets at all, you just have to assume that Dog didn't want you to go. (that's Dog, the all knowing, all powerful)
Zep
Old 01-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Subject: Re: Tee Shirts for Airstreameri?
Tee Shirts, again. People talk a good game, but when the peddle hits the metal very few are ordered.

I can see a price of $15, for an order of 10 shirts or more. Tee shirt color would be playa dust, 2x - 3x would be $20. Brand, Fruit of the Loom HD
... but only after a firm commitment for 10 or more Tees.

PS, last time I did shirts for BM we sold 2.
  1. Would I be out of line if I suggested that all early arrivals and pretty much anyone who posts on this thread be required to get shirts? I mean, I wouldn't want some last minute Airstreameri who show up like the Gynecologists did a few years ago to be excluded, but wouldn't it be nice if the "regulars" (not accusing anyone of actually being regular, here) all showed up at the Wednesday pot luck in theme T-shirts? (Nice, as in that's all they were wearing...no, I take that back, having seen many of the "regulars.")
  2. Not do T-shirts
  3. Vote for #1 or #2, nothing in between.
I vote for #1.

Zep
Old 01-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coleman View Post
OOOOH, Perry, I think you're on to something. Flag ceremony? Berets? Sounds like the beginning of a great idea for a Twisted Wally party to me.
See you all in BRC! (234 days...) Archie
I have a great party game my parents (yes) used to play. Hang up a sheet, all the women on one side, the guys on the other, then the guys reach under the sheet to see if they can....

Z (stay tuned for the tantalizing answer, but I'm sure there will be a few guesses in the meantime.)
Old 01-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
More shirting the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
  1. Would I be out of line if I suggested that all early arrivals and pretty much anyone who posts on this thread be required to get shirts? I mean, I wouldn't want some last minute Airstreameri who show up like the Gynecologists did a few years ago to be excluded, but wouldn't it be nice if the "regulars" (not accusing anyone of actually being regular, here) all showed up at the Wednesday pot luck in theme T-shirts? (Nice, as in that's all they were wearing...no, I take that back, having seen many of the "regulars.")
  2. Not do T-shirts
I vote for #1.

Zep
Got another note back from mr Artstream:
Hey Perry,
Thanks for confirmation that BM turned into what everybody thought it would!
The cavern shirt is still in production. I could add your logo to the shirt like I did on the original BM shirt. Being stock, no minimum order!

Keep in touch
relayed via smoke signals

and another: Hey Perry,
I think you should just post that "There is an airstream/Burnner artist in the community who would be happy to design custom tee shirts, you can contact him at : CampstreamUSA.com Mention Perry for a discount"

I plan on sending for a couple shirts anyway, Michael for sure can use the check.

Note on the Ticket question by RhinoWW: Do go to the Burningman.com and get your "burner profile" done; cause when whatever happens for tickets, I believe you have to go through the burner profile for the ticket. Be suspect of any you find outside of the BM ticketing. There usually do come up several for sale all over the place the week before the burn from folks trying to unload extras. Last year the main ticket sale came open on a Tuesday morning, but 4 or 5 pm they were all sold out. Now I'd better go check to see if last year's profile works this year. oh yeayy, it works. Sparkly thing is coming up ticket dates, we gotta watch for news about Feb 12. You all remind me to check my Sparkly things frequently.

All you "regulars" PM me or email me your emails, I may be needing them to lissssst again. Feb12.

Do your "Burner Profile" at: http://profiles.burningman.com/ and check your "Sparkly Things" Right now it shows a calender of the different ticketing dates.

NevadaGeo
Old 01-17-2014, 06:33 AM   #32
KCN
3 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
Victor , Idaho
Burning Man has long been one of my goals. I got my burner profile yesterday. I wondered about all the sand in my flooring when I dismantled my trailer..now I think maybe Pedro has been on the playa before.

Do I need to do anything else to be "in" the group you are planning? Other than finish my trailer, I mean..

KCN
Old 01-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2009 19' International
Woodinville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
  2. Not do T-shirts
I vote for #1.

Zep
If that is all that you are wearing at BM you would be busted for "toddling", also known as "shirtcocking."

"It's like magic, only real"
(Bud Light commercial)

Women and cats can do as they please, while men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.(R. Heinlein)
Old 01-18-2014, 12:22 AM   #34
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
New News from the Placement Gods

Thought so, here's some news from Placement, be SURE to PM or email send to me the SAME email addy you put on your Burner Profile! Now are we an established camp in good upright standing? er just leaning a little to windward.....::::::::::

DIRECTED GROUP TICKETS OPPORTUNITY FOR CAMPS

As groups that contribute to the core social infrastructure of Black Rock City, we are inviting theme camps to participate in our group ticket sales. This means that some members of established theme camps in good standing – who were approved for Placement in 2013 – will receive an invitation to participate in this sale via their 2013 registered lead contact: the person who filed their Placement questionnaire in 2013. Please understand that we cannot support the total population of a camp with this program, only the minimum core necessary to produce a camp.

Pre-registering and getting access to this sale does NOT guarantee your group tickets. They are available on a first come, first served basis while they last. Nor does participating in the Directed Group Sale guarantee your group will receive camp Placement (or vehicle registration, art grants, or other accommodations) in 2014. The Placement registration process remains a separate entity with our questionnaire going live on February 19, closing April 30th, with Placement announced in early July.

BURNER PROFILES NEEDED FOR CAMP LEADS AND THEIR INVITEES

To access the Directed Group Sale and create their invite list, leads must first create and complete a Burner Profile (if you haven't already).

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO RIGHT NOW: VERIFY INVITEES!

You are encouraged to have your list of invitees prepared and ready to go! You will need their first and last names (real ones, please!), and current email addresses affiliated with their Profiles. Make certain that the email address you list for your key group members is the primary email address on their existing Profile, or if they do not yet have a profile, make sure they use the email address you list when they create their profile. Email addresses must match in order for them to be able to opt in to the Directed Group Sale. If the email address you list is not the primary email address associated with their Profile then they will not see the option to enter the sale.

The registration and invite period will be from Thursday, January 30 12pm (noon) PST through Tuesday, February 4 12pm (noon) PST.

More questions about the Burner Profile? Please see the Burner Profile FAQ FAQ | Burner Profiles.

Questions about 2014 Burning Man tickets or any of our sales? Please visit the ticket page: ticket.burningman.com as well as our Ticketing FAQ Forums ticketsupport.burningman.com.

See you in the Directed Group Sale!

NevadaGeo
Old 01-19-2014, 01:15 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2014 16' Sport
Bradenton , Florida
Hope To Be There!

Hello All,
I'm following your thread with interest. I don't yet have an Airstream but am hoping to buy one in the next few months (probably newer 16 footer) and make it to Burning Man this year. Sounds like an amazing time!
Old 01-20-2014, 12:14 AM   #36
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCN View Post
Burning Man has long been one of my goals. I got my burner profile yesterday. I wondered about all the sand in my flooring when I dismantled my trailer..now I think maybe Pedro has been on the playa before.

Do I need to do anything else to be "in" the group you are planning? Other than finish my trailer, I mean..

KCN
Naw, you won't be seeing sand inside. Playa dust is dust, very very fine silt. I did a sieve analysis on some a few years ago and only had a few percent that didn't go through the 200 sieve. After 6 days there was still 24 some percent in suspension in the hydrometer test. (Test question, need to know that to get in). And you need to chime in on our wackiness now and then and have 5 questions from the Survival Guide in Burningman.com. We don't construct too many large structures but we do chase MOOP with a passion, MOOP buckets are a requirement. And welcome home!

NevadaGeo
Old 01-20-2014, 06:07 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCN View Post
... I wondered about all the sand in my flooring when I dismantled my trailer..now I think maybe Pedro has been on the playa before.
I've redone five 1970s Airstreams and every one of them had 1/4" of sand under the carpet. PLaya dust is different--it sticks to things. You can remove it with light scrubbing using diluted vinegar. Many Airstreameri have shown up with brand new Airstreams and have come back several years running, so it's not a complete disaster, even with a new trailer.

Just pay attention to the wind and NEVER EVER leave camp with your windows and vents open (or your awning deployed).

Z
Old 01-20-2014, 11:52 AM   #38
1950 Flying Cloud 7039

1950 21' Flying Cloud
Allen , Texas
I would like to join the Airstreameri.
I have a 1950 Flying Cloud I would bring.
I would have to acquire ticket(s).
I only have myself to offer, as for contributing, and I do offer myself.

Gene
Old 01-25-2014, 06:31 AM   #39
2 Rivet Member

2007 22' International CCD
fLUSHING , New York
Thank you Thank you thank you.

Hello everyone 2013 BM was incredible, I camped at station 9 and everyone was great. I drove my AS from NYC to Black Rock City and back to NYC, Great ride kinda long. It was my first cross country trip in my AS. I will be doing it again but this time i will drive without stoping, Im guessing a 48 hour drive. I am looking now for people to help with high cost of gas and help with the driving. All my fears about bring my AS were silly. I over packed and never spend much time in my AS. I had little to no dust in my baby. This year i will be getting new tiers and a lube job. Fearing a blowout, lol. My honda 3000 mini would over load when i turned the air conditioner on. This never happen before maybe some can give me some answers about that. some told me because of the altitude. I would also like to know is there a way of getting internet. is their a dish or some kind of system i can buy to put in my AS. I was so busy with the ESD/MHB that i didn't find my AS family. This year i will be working less visiting more. I hope to see everyone that has spent so much time helping me get prepared for my virgin BM journey. Thank you thank you thank you.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Now where'd I park the bicycle

Are we homesick yet? Here's somebodys video of the Mutant Vehicles on burn night.

NevadaGeo
Closed Thread