Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
The last years application

Pink asked for what we submitted last year, I found it! after quite a look. #108 of last year, and I appreciate everyones help on the wordification: 2012
Thank you for submitting your Placement questionnaire.

Below you will find the information that you submitted in your questionnaire. You cannot make changes to this information once it has been submitted, but we can on your behalf. If you have changes or any questions, please contact us at
placement@burningman.com.

Please note, you may see some questions listed in your notifier that you did not see on the questionnaire. Do not worry if that is the case, the notifier lists all questions, not just the ones for your project type.

Your BRC Placement Team will be sending out more information via the Placement Newsletter starting early May. You -- and the additional emails you submitted -- will be subscribed. If you do not receive your Placement Newsletter please check your spam filters first, then contact placement@burningman.com.

Happy planning
PAGE 1 QUESTIONS:
1. First Name Perry

2. Last Name
3. Playa Name NevadaGeo

4. Address 1
P.O. Box
5. Address 2
6. City Genoa
7. State/Province NV

8. Postal Code

9. Country
United States of America

10. Home Phone
11. Work Phone
12. Verify your Main Contact Email Address
lNevadaGeo

13. Additional Email - 1st Additional Email
Zep

14. Additional Emails

15. Purchased a ticket?
No

16. What years have you attended Burning Man?

17. Previous Playa Projects
DMV hottie 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. Airport 2008, 2009. Airstreameri and Geologists theme camp; formologist, 2010, 2011.

18. Other Contributions
19. Last Years Contact
PAGE 2 QUESTIONS:
20. Project Type?
Theme Camp

21. For Camps within a registering Village: which village?
22. Camp/Village Name?
Airstreameri and Geologists

23. Do You Want Your Camp Listed Publicly?
Listed

24. Text for website listing
Disfunctionally Disorganized Airstreamers and Geologists. If you have geological answers, we have your geologically challenged multisyllabic questions. If you can demonstrate polishing aluminum, we have your audience. Something terra-fic playa bound on Thursday evening. Stop by our dusty board to see what we put on last night.

25. Camp Hometown
Genoa, NV

26. Public URL for Camp
27. Public Email
28. Vendor Deliveries? No

29. LNT Contact Name
Perry, NevadaGeo

30. LNT Contact Email
l
31. As a camp we will: (All checkboxes are required)
Create a detailed strategy or plan for Leaving NO Trace,Practice the 5 R's: Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Restore and Respect.,Reduce trash when packing.,Keep smelling garbage away from recyclables in BRC.,Clean As We Go and Keep It From Hitting the Ground.,Adopt the seven principles and practices of Leave No Trace at Burning Man.,Educate all camp members about minimizing our impact on the playa, so that my LNT crew can relax during the event knowing that all of our camp members are doing their part.,Conserve energy, use renewable energy sources and minimize waste.,Collect, reduce and properly dispose of grey water.,Use or creatively use discarded materials for all the components of our camp structure and decorations, so that our camp is sustainable year after year.,Bring tools to rake, magnetic rake, sweep and pick up every last nail and wood shard that dropped on the playa surface so that I leave my space and my surrounding spaces better than I found them,Follow the 'rule of thumb for line sweeps'- (hyperlink http://www.burningman.com/environment/images/moopmap10fin.jpg) – performing required multiple sweeps of our camp before leaving BRC. (One sweep is not enough. Do as many passes as necessary: the strength of the line sweep is in the number of people and passes.),Organize neighborhood MOOP sweeps. (Joining with neighboring camps and sweeping an entire block together is the best insurance against MOOP hot spots, bringing your own MOOP scores down.),Secure all vehicles' loads to prevent windblown trash on the highway and in neighboring communities.

32. Art Installation No

33. Art Installation Name

34. Art Installation Contact

35. Art Location

36. Burning No

37. Combustibles - Fuel and Hazardous Material Storage No

38. Primary Flame Type None

39. Secondary Flame Type None

40. Tertiary Flame Type None

41. Mutant Vehicles Yes

42. Mutant Vehicle Contacts
RoboShaw by Bart Smaalders
Zombie Bait by Brian Smaalders

43. Acculturation
Our interest in Airstreaming comes from the desire to be mobile, to see, do, help, plan, to execute, relish, relive the memories. Airstreams have been caravanning since the 1920's all over the world and building short term mobile communities. We are self reliant nature, but where ever our 'streams go we build communities. These are core values of Airstreamers and of the Burning Man community. Newcomers will naturally be attracted to 'streams, and our friendly individualistic outgoing inclusive nature. Each Airstream is itself a work of art. Individually crafted, handmade and loving cared for, our 'streams are works of art themselves.
We can teach the new ones the hardships and happiness of self containment.
We can teach the new ones the beauty of mobile communities.
Our camp also offers a refuge for the new ones. A glass of water, a bathroom, a place to cool off or warm up, a shady spot to sit.
Our camp includes geologists. Rocks, minerals, chemicals, aluminum. Our resident geologists give a talk on the nature of the playa dust. This is a must for the Birgins - learning about the most basic element of their Black Rock experience - and how to deal with it.

44. Interactivity Description
Since this is playa bound city, geologists may be available to ask geological questions for your answers. Usually we have a Playa Post Card table to mail (and receive) your most exotice post cards. Our camp's main interactivity will probably revolve around our Airstreams and their aluminum/ mineral/geology connection. We hope to bring knowledge of our Airstreams and their lifestyle of relaxed, mobile living and mix that in with the minerals that gave birth to our 'streams. Events planned for our camp include a talk on the playa dust One of our resident Geologists will be giving this talk and take questions. Another event will probably be "Airstreams the User's Manuel". various 'streamers in our camp will give tours, explain how our self contained little "tin cans" work, sustainability, electrical systems, water supply, heat, air conditioning, storage, hook ups, upgrading of old 'streams, purchasing of new 'streams, Airstream disasters, all the various hope and heartbreak that are part of our Airstream lifestyle. We all have different stories and experiences and will share those and give tours of the various airstreams involved. Or we will have a MASH tent with Doctors and stethescopes.

45. Project Features
46. Project Interactivity
Acculturation for First time Burners,Heckling,Ritual,Spoken Word,Workshops,Primarily Day Time

47. Number of Campmates 31 to 40

48. Number and Type of Vehicles
Probably 18 airstream trailers with truck tow vehicles. Maybe 3 tenters with cars. May be 40 people.

49. Physical Description
We usually end up with herded cats/ airstreamers parked as compactly as possible but still leaving ingress and egress for later comes and early outs. Center open space for my hand waving dust talk after Wed pot luck (please come Placers!!!) and Thursday event and other activities.

50. Early Arrival Date Friday
51. Early Arrival Setup Crew Count
52. Heavy Equipment Use No
53. Year-round Storage Facilities No
54. Have you purchased a year-round storage container from Burning Man? No
55. What is the PC # of the container that you purchased?
56. Year-round Construction and Assembly Facilities No
57. Water for Civic Benefit
No
58. Camp Layout Plan Must be uploaded to complete questionnaire
54-e3d0eaa1894cac81061ced0d3d271037_Airstreameri & Geologists2011.150by250.jpg

59. Requested Zone, 1st choice
3:00 Avenue

60. Requested Frontage Option, 1st choice
Avenues, Streets, Esplanade - 200 Ft

61. Requested Approximate square footage need by population, 1st choice
61 to 70 up to 28000 sq ft

62. Requested Zone, 2nd choice
3:00 Streets

63. Requested Frontage Option, 2nd choice

64. Requested Approximate square footage need by population, 2nd choice

65. Requested Zone, 3rd choice
4:30 Streets

66. Requested Frontage Option, 3rd choice

67. Requested Approximate square footage need by population, 3rd choice

68. Sound Amplification No
69. Sound Amplification Details
70. Stage No
71. Large Crowds No
72. Big-Name Performers No
73. Big-Name Performer List
74. You would prefer not to camp near ...
Loud,
loud
and louder camps.

75. Comments
Thank you placement committee for taking the incredible abuse from the mass.
We will probably be resubmitting a newer map plan when more 'streamers wake up. MASH tent in dreaming stages.
oh, darn form didn't save first two times.

76. Alternative Power
Some units will have a solar panel or two .

77. Generators
Most airstream units will be using their own gasoline generator. Some are the quiet kind.

78. Generator Fuel Storage 5-10
79. Vehicle Fuel Storage 15
PAGE 4 QUESTIONS:
80. Activities for Mature Audiences/Health and Safety

Page 5Questions, Pyrotechnics
Page 6Questions, Fire
Airforums 22655 and now, WBCCI 22655

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
DPW delivers and removes the decomposed granite (gravel) that goes under the burned art to protect the playa from heat scars. It is up to the artist's team to make sure that gravel is completely clean before they take it away. I'm not sure how one arranges for the gravel delivery, but I assume that becomes apparent during the application process.

I've helped with perimeter and some cleanup for the South Bay's CORE burn project. The cleanup the morning after involved several metal trash cans (because some of the debris is still smoldering), gloves, rakes, shovels, a rolling magnet for metal bits, two sizes of screen for picking out metal, unburned wood, still burning wood, and other contaminants. We left the gravel combed like a zen garden. The DPW guy liked that. :-)
Old 04-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #123
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
2011 application

Found what I submitted in 2011 too. I like the two squirrelly types on a crank touch:
17. Previous Playa Projects
Airstreameri and Geologists theme camp, 2:50 at Bagdad, Chief Grump and formologist

18. Other Contributions
DMV hottie 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. Airport 2009

19. Last Years Contact
me

PAGE 2 QUESTIONS:
20. Project Type?
Theme Camp

21. For Camps within a registering Village: which village?

22. Camp/Village Name?
Airstreameri and Geologists

23. Do You Want Your Camp Listed Publicly?
Listed

24. Text for website listing
Dsyfunctionally Disorganized Geologists and Airstreamers with questions for Dusted passerbys. Alice and Wonderland Mad Hatter's croquet game Thursday at 5.

25. Public URL for Camp
26. Public Email

27. Vendor Deliveries?
No

28. LNT Contact Name
CharleyF

29. LNT Contact Email
xxx
30. As a camp we will: (All checkboxes are required)
Create a detailed strategy or plan for Leaving NO Trace,Practice the 5 R's: Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Restore and Respect.,Reduce trash when packing.,Keep smelling garbage away from recyclables in BRC.,Clean As We Go and Keep It From Hitting the Ground.,Adopt the seven principles and practices of Leave No Trace at Burning Man.,Educate all camp members about minimizing our impact on the playa, so that my LNT crew can relax during the event knowing that all of our camp members are doing their part.,Conserve energy, use renewable energy sources and minimize waste.,Collect, reduce and properly dispose of grey water.,Use or creatively use discarded materials for all the components of our camp structure and decorations, so that our camp is sustainable year after year.,Bring tools to rake, magnetic rake, sweep and pick up every last nail and wood shard that dropped on the playa surface so that I leave my space and my surrounding spaces better than I found them,Follow the 'rule of thumb for line sweeps'- (hyperlink http://www.burningman.com/environment/images/moopmap10fin.jpg) – performing required multiple sweeps of our camp before leaving BRC. (One sweep is not enough. Do as many passes as necessary: the strength of the line sweep is in the number of people and passes.),Organize neighborhood MOOP sweeps. (Joining with neighboring camps and sweeping an entire block together is the best insurance against MOOP hot spots, bringing your own MOOP scores down.),Secure all vehicles' loads to prevent windblown trash on the highway and in neighboring communities.

31. Art Installation
No

32. Art Installation Name

33. Art Installation Contact

34. Art Location

35. Burning
No
36. Combustibles
No

37. Primary Flame Type
None

38. Secondary Flame Type
None

39. Tertiary Flame Type
None

40. Mutant Vehicles
Yes
41. Mutant Vehicle Contacts
RoboShaw and Hay Wagon, by Bart S

42. Interactivity Description
We will have some scientific talks, a "make your own BM postcard" table, an Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatters croquet game with Pink Flamingoes and HedgeHogs, a musician has been "acquired", probable heckling, Charley doing Massage, possible BACON if we get our act together and proper permits. Maybe even how not to polish your Airstream demonstration. Activities posted daily to a dry erase board at camp entrance.

43. Project Features
Massage

44. Project Interactivity
Crafts,Education Based,Games,Heckling,Music,Scheduled Events,Theme-related activities,Primarily Day Time

45. Camp Layout Plan Must be uploaded to complete questionnaire
13-e3430b19ca806aa289845d963ca2eebf_Airstreameri & Geologists 2011-150x250.jpg

46. Number of Campmates
60 to 69

47. Number and Type of Vehicles
Twenty-two Airstream travel trailers and 5 tent campers signed up with tickets as of 24APR11. High interest indicated by 7-8 more Airstreams and 3 tent campers. We are planning on 30 RVs and 8 tents, which would include 27 tow vehicles--see layout plan.

48. Physical Description
Airstreams parked based on 2010 experience, allowing ingress and egress of all vehicles from back of camp. Airstreams arranged for communal activities and wind protection, with common area in center for welcoming shade structure, activities, and lectures.

49. Early Arrival Date
Saturday

50. Early Arrival Setup Crew Count

51. Year-round Storage Facilities
No
52. Year-round Construction and Assembly Facilities
No
53. Water for Communal Benefit
No

54. Requested Zone, 1st choice

55. Requested Frontage Option, 1st choice
Avenues, Streets, Esplanade - 250 Ft

56. Requested Approximate square footage need by population, 1st choice
151 to 200 up to 80000 sq ft

57. Requested Zone, 2nd choice

58. Requested Frontage Option, 2nd choice
Avenues, Streets, Esplanade - 250 Ft
59. Requested Approximate square footage need by population, 2nd choice

60. Requested Zone, 3rd choice
3:00 Portal

61. Requested Frontage Option, 3rd choice
Portals - 150 Ft

62. Requested Approximate square footage need by population, 3rd choice

63. Sound Amplification
No
64. Sound Amplification Details
65. Stage
No

66. Big-Name Performers
No
67. Big-Name Performer List
68. You would prefer not to camp near ...

69. Comments
We want to thank the volunteers using their precious time to read this piece of..
And no, I am not related to..
And I've never heard of Shadow or Baulknob or Blackjack or Machine or

70. Alternative Power
Two squirrely types on a crank
71. Generators
Most Airstreams will have their own generators to make airconditioned playa dust, some are the quiet kind.

Hey, somebody make a BurningMan smilie! Thanks

NevadaGeo
Old 04-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #124
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
)(
Old 04-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #125
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
I just forwarded the application to Zep for a better camp drawing than my scribble, if anyone wants to add some wordification there's only a few days left before the application has to be submitted. orrrrrrrrr

Acculturization will be Each new camper will be required to present 5 playawise questions from the survival guide before entry into the camp. Our Monday evening meet and greet get together will incorporate a Truth or Dare game with Acculturalization as theme. Our sign corner will be obnoxious with Don't MOOP POOP MY NEVADA signs.

Oh, here's a link to this year's Cargo Cult theme: http://burningman.com/art_of_burningman/bm13_theme.html

NevadaGeo
Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #126
2 Rivet Member

2010 30' Classic
Copper Falls , Michigan
so sorry for my non involvement this year. issues issues issues. but we are well.
have not bought tickets this year and we planned not to attend. but as time gets closer and closer ... I long to wear a dusty pith helmet!!
huskyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #127
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
I just forwarded the application to Zep for a better camp drawing than my scribble, ...
Perry,

Do you (or anyone) know what the frontage and depth dimensions are this year? The same as 2011? What about the double depth blocks? I need these dimensions -- we'll size our layout to take the full depth of a normal block or half of a double. For 24 Airstreams we'll need at least 250 x 150.

One drawing I have has 18 Airstreams in 200 x 170. I don't have a date on that drawing which begs the question, are the block depths 170'?

Dr Quark
Old 04-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #128
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
I think the options were 150', 200' or 250' frontage; the acreage checks were by how many folks in camp; 16,000, or 24,0000 or 28,000 square feet. I think the 28,000 feet was for 60 to 70 people. Makes it hard to be too flexible who can come and go when during the week, and keep an alley for the vacuum truck and we never know what the shape and depth is before we get there. Or who will show and who won't show.

NevadaGeo
Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #129
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Excella
Santa Barbara , California
After a two year absence..

After being overcome by events and missing the last two burns I will be back this year with my new bride from the Philippines, Jessica. I hope to revive some foodie traditions, hot coffee for the neighboring pup-tents, Mark's playa Bloody Mary's (pardon the poetic license on punctuation), bacon, salami (memories of RG's hospitality) and super nachos. I am sure there will also be some Philippine delicacies.

However in opposition to the cargo cult theme I have promised myself not to bring too much stuff this year (just older and wiser.)

I am looking forward to meeting with you all.

1984 31' Excella, mid bath, king size bed
1998 Chevrolet Suburban K2500, 7.4L/454 c.i., 4WD, Pullrite Hitch
AIR No. 2375

"You know... life is just the way it is...."
markparker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #130
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Hi Everyone

You can add this to the description: I wil be bringing down a "Medical Clinic " front to attach on the end of a cargo trailer hopefully to face the street... Think of a cabin front or structure. An, if it doesnt cost too much I will be bringing down an art installation for the Playa. I am in contact with Arty now.

Cheers,

M
Old 04-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #131
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Oops, we hit the submit button

Annnndddd, here's what I've committed each of us to:
:spa m:

Please do not hit reply to this email if you wish to contact us. This is an automated notification, which is unable to receive replies.
Contact us directly by emailing Placement
Thank you for submitting your Placement questionnaire.
Below you will find the information that you submitted in your questionnaire. You cannot make changes to this information once it has been submitted, but we can on your behalf. If you have changes or any questions, please contact us at Please note, you may see some questions listed in your notifier that you did not see on the questionnaire. Do not worry if that is the case, the notifier lists all questions, not just the ones for your project type.

Your BRC Placement Team will be sending out more information via the Placement Newsletter starting early May. You -- and the additional emails you submitted -- will be subscribed. If you do not receive your Placement Newsletter please check your spam filters first, then contact placement@burningman.com.

Happy planning!

--------------------------------------

PAGE 2 QUESTIONS:

Burner Profile Username
NevadaGeo
2. First Name
Perry
3. Last Name 4. Playa Name NevadaGeo 5. Address 1 PO 6. Address 2 7. City Genoa 8. State/Province NV 9. Postal Code 10. Country United States
11. Home Phone 775 12. Work Phone
13. Verify your Main Contact Email Address

15. Additional contacts
Zep,Chief Wrangler, Bam Camper,Chief Planning Goddess, gnewel,Chief GuyNo talk coordinator 16. Additional Emails 17. Purchased a ticket? No
18. What years have you attended Burning Man?
19. Previous Playa Projects
Airstreameri and Geologists theme camp 2010, 2011, 2012
20. Other Contributions
DMV 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Airport 2008, 2009, 2010.

21. Last Years Contact
Me, Airstreameri and Geologists

PAGE 3 QUESTIONS:
23. Project Type?
Theme Camp
24. Who directed you to this category?
25. For Camps within a registering Village: which village?
26. Camp/Village Name?
Airstreameri and Geologists and Gynocologists

27. Do You Want Your Camp Listed Publicly?
Listed

28. Text for website listing
Dysfunctionally disorganized Airstreamers, geologists and gynecologists. You have answers we have your dusty questions. Dusty rocks and guynoco talks Wednesday evening. and the best Playa Post Cards in Black Rock City.

29. Camp Hometown
Genoa

30. Camp state/province NV 31. Camp country USA
32. Public URL for Camp
33. Public Email
34. Outside Services Deliveries?
No

35. LNT Contact Name
NevadaGeo
36. LNT Contact Email
37. As a camp we will: (All checkboxes are required)
Create a detailed strategy or plan for Leaving NO Trace,Practice the 5 R's: Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Restore and Respect.,Reduce trash when packing.,Keep smelling garbage away from recyclables in BRC.,Clean As We Go and Keep It From Hitting the Ground.,Adopt the seven principles and practices of Leave No Trace at Burning Man.,Educate all camp members about minimizing our impact on the playa, so that my LNT crew can relax during the event knowing that all of our camp members are doing their part.,Conserve energy, use renewable energy sources and minimize waste.,Collect, reduce and properly dispose of grey water.,Use or creatively use discarded materials for all the components of our camp structure and decorations, so that our camp is sustainable year after year.,Bring tools to rake, magnetic rake, sweep and pick up every last nail and wood shard that dropped on the playa surface so that I leave my space and my surrounding spaces better than I found them,Follow the 'rule of thumb for line sweeps'- (hyperlinkhttp://www.burningman.com/environment/images/moopmap10fin.jpg) – performing required multiple sweeps of our camp before leaving BRC. (One sweep is not enough. Do as many passes as necessary: the strength of the line sweep is in the number of people and passes.),Organize neighborhood MOOP sweeps. (Joining with neighboring camps and sweeping an entire block together is the best insurance against MOOP hot spots, bringing your own MOOP scores down.),Secure all vehicles' loads to prevent windblown trash on the highway and in neighboring communities.
38. Art Installation
No
39. Art Installation Name
40. Art Installation Contact
41. Art Location
42. Burning
No
43. Combustibles - Fuel and Hazardous Material Storage
No
44. Primary Flame Type
None
45. Secondary Flame Type
None
46. Tertiary Flame Type
None
47. Mutant Vehicles
No
48. Mutant Vehicle Contacts
49. Acculturation
Each new camper will be required to present 5 playawise questions before entry into the camp. Our Monday evening meet and greet get together will incorporate a Truth or Dare game with Acculturalization as theme. Our sign corner will be obnoxious with Don't MOOP POOP MY NEVADA signs.

50. Interactivity Description
We are the Airstreameri & Geo... We come in our Airstreams with friends to Burning Man. We believe in travel, making friends, art and sharing. Within our community of Burning Man we are prepared to share postcards and stamps to mail them and other stuff (shots). Granted this is an old fashioned way of communication and slow. However, even the idea of it promotes the idea of one world, one family. From our humble table to the hands of another, a few scribbled words, a stamp. From here passed to many more hands until it reaches its final destination. or: Scientific experiments with playa dust and pH meter. Wednesday evening science talks, we might give dusty questions to your dusty answers in an impressive arm waving Geol type talk. Our Resident Gynocologists may give a sit ur as down and lissen "Click and Clack talk about the health and care of the vagina on the playa.

51. Project Features

52. Project Interactivity
Acculturation for First time Burners,Experiments,Heckling,Lectures,Ritual,Spoke n Word,Primarily Day Time,Shared Experience,Education Based,Entertaining Guests,Movies

53. Number of Campmates
71 to 80

54. Number and Type of Vehicles
We will have about 24 Airstream trailers with tow vehicles, 4 tenters with vehicle, a unicyle with half a tent.

55. Physical Description
We intend to have a central carport-type structure for our community activities, with an inviting main portal to the street. We surround that as efficiently as we can with the trailers and provide on-street spots for three interactive attractions. A corner next to the carport will have art and bar and obnoxious NO MOOP signs. Power sources are self-contained or located in tow vehicle beds. The common area will have several 8-place tables for activities and dinning. The layout provides egress for all but two vehicles, which will be occupied by our late departure moop team. Water and pump truck access (30' hose length) is provided to the business end of all campers.

56. Early Arrival Date
Friday

57. Early Arrival Setup Crew Count
58. Heavy Equipment Use
No
59. Year-round Storage Facilities
No
60. Have you purchased a year-round storage container from Burning Man?
No
61. What is the PC # of the container that you purchased?
63. Water for Civic Benefit
No
64. Camp Layout Plan Must be uploaded to complete questionnaire
53-79b412d4f26683226a6f95f1900829d5_PerryDrawCamp.jpe g
65. Requested Zone, 1st choice

66. Requested Frontage Option, 1st choice

67. Requested Approximate square footage need by population, 1st choice

68. Requested Zone, 2nd choice

69. Requested Frontage Option, 2nd choice

70. Requested Approximate square footage need by population, 2nd choice

71. Requested Zone, 3rd choice
3:00 Avenue

72. Requested Frontage Option, 3rd choice

73. Requested Approximate square footage need by population, 3rd choice

74. Sound Amplification
No
75. Sound Amplification Details
76. Stage
No
77. Large Crowds
No
78. Big-Name Performers
No
79. Big-Name Performer List
80. You would prefer not to camp near ...
Loud, loud, obnoxiates

81. Comments
Thank you to the overworked placement team that take their time to read my..... No, I do not know Larry Harvey or Peter Harvey or George Harvey but there was a Paul Harvey that caused me to fail 10th grade French cause he hit me in the head in class and I yelled at him in English instead of French so I didn't make the Honor Society. No not that Paul Harvey. Better camp drawing coming from better camp drawere. It would be nice to have the Songbird Sandbox Playa Choir folks near us. Oh: One of our campers, RMB from Canada says he's applying with an application for art on the playa and hopes to burn same but we don't know much about that yet.

82. Alternative Power
Two squirrely types on a crank. Several campers have solar power panels.

83. Generators
Most airstreamers have a generator. Some are the quiet type.

84. Generator Fuel Storage

85. Vehicle Fuel Storage

PAGE 5 QUESTIONS:
88. Activities for Mature Audiences/Health and Safety

PAGE 6 QUESTIONS:
90. I Have Read And Understand The Flame Effects Fire Safety Agreement Information And Accept Its Conditions

PAGE 7 QUESTIONS:
92. I Have Read And Understand The Pyrotechnic Safety Agreement Information And Accept Its Conditions

PAGE 8 QUESTIONS:
94. I Have Read And Understand The Open Fire Safety Agreement Information And Accept Its Conditions
PAGE 9 QUESTIONS:
96. I Have Read And Understand The Above Information on Fuel and Hazardous Materials Storage And Accept Its Conditions

PAGE 10 QUESTIONS:
98. Fire Safety Liaison Name
99. Fire Safety Liaison Phone Number
100. Fire Safety Liaison Email Address
101. Fire Safety Assistants
102. Pyrotechnics Operator
103. Qualifications of Pyrotechnics Operator
104. Burning Scenario
105. Via the Web
106. Fuel 1 Type
107. Fuel 1 Quantity
108. Fuel 1 Delivery
109. Fuel 1 Storage
110. Fuel 2 Type
111. Fuel 2 Quantity
112. Fuel 2 Delivery
113. Fuel 2 Storage
114. Fuel 3 Type
115. Fuel 3 Quantity
116. Fuel 3 Delivery
117. Fuel 3 Storage
118. Safety Plan
119. Burn Shield Protection Plan / Burn Platform
120. Leave No Trace
121. Pyrotechnic Supplies
122. Pyrotechnic Special Effects Materials

NevadaGeo
Old 04-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #132
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Submitted Camp Plan

Here's some gorgeous artwork from Zep: RMB, he got you covered
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 burning mancropped.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	626.2 KB
ID:	183885  

NevadaGeo
Old 05-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #133
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Excella
Santa Barbara , California

Hellooooo, there are only 122 days to go for Burning Man. It would be helpful for all those thinking of attending to signify there intentions on the rally calendar page located at:

Airstream Forums - Burning Man 2013

Let the theme camp planners know if you are committed to coming at this point, your vehicles and space needs, or even your tentative plans. Let's get the community communicating...
Thank you,
Mark

1984 31' Excella, mid bath, king size bed
1998 Chevrolet Suburban K2500, 7.4L/454 c.i., 4WD, Pullrite Hitch
AIR No. 2375

"You know... life is just the way it is...."
markparker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #134
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Belmont , California
Hi, we just acquired our 1970 overlander and subject to minimum repairs would love to join the camp

I'll RSVP on the event if all is going ahead..
usuallyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #135
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
welcome Alex!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #136
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallyalex View Post
Hi, we just acquired our 1970 overlander and subject to minimum repairs would love to join the camp

I'll RSVP on the event if all is going ahead..
Well, we're going; sideways, backways, dustways, playaways, maplicated, and duly applicated. Now its up to you all to plan-ify this thing together. We won't know for a month or two whether the placement gods like what we sent them and will invite us to be a Placed Theme Camp with all the required duties of every one in camp as listed in the application.
Study up on the old Survival Guide-s, and this year's new Survival Guide, for the required 5 questions for the initial acculturalization exam. (it's in the application)

NevadaGeo
Old 05-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #137
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
I hope somehow we can align our units to make a courtyard of sorts rather than helter skelter as last year. It would be nice to have a little community in a "U" facing the street don't ya think? I want to wake up and see Pink across the courtyard making breakfast and looking good!

Two of us arrive early on Saturday so if we can do anything to help set up. just say so.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:24 AM   #138
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Calling all Airstreamers, Geologists and Gynocologists who like to play with fire.

I am bringing an art piece to place on the Playa and I want to burn it all up on the Thursday when such things are done. I need a "Fire Safety Team" to patrol the safety circle around the burn and to keep the over enthusiastic from jumping into the fire I suppose.

I will need about 10 people for 45 mins ( its not a large piece) to be part of the FST and supervise the fire.. Care to volunteer? I could use you - In fact, without you, I can't burn the thing!

Cheers
Old 05-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #139
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Isn't Thursday the night the CORE projects burn? I'm already working fire perimeter for a CORE project. You might find that there is some competition on Thursday, both for audience attention and for potential volunteers.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #140
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Note from Placement

And now, a note from the Placement gods. I think Zep's plan drawing takes care of the "wall of RVs" concern, we have lots of activity going on:

Placement Newsletter Memorial Holiday edition

Dear Theme Camps,

I�ve been think about Black Rock City all weekend long. This holiday Monday seems to have me dreaming about the desert and getting excited about seeing our great city one more time.

As I read all of the Theme Camp questionnaires, I can just picture how wonderful the playa will be this time around.

However, over the years, I�ve been noticing a trend emerging. The RV fortress is becoming common place and common practice. The what? The large square of RVs all facing each other and creating a wall to keep people out and privacy in.

You are building a theme camp and inviting people into your front yards in into your homes. Thank you for creating something so open and inviting.

Let�s try to come up a new way of keeping our private spaces private without making walls and having long dark passages down our city streets. I know that the walls of RVs helps with getting them serviced, but I still think we can do better.

If you must make a fortress, think about the visual impact it creates on the street and avenue sides. I invite you to apply some of your visionary creativity to solve this aesthetic issue.

Thank you for taking some time to think about this and spread the word that RV fortresses are not our best work. We can do better. I have every faith in all of us.

Sincerely,

- Answergirl

Placement Team Manager
Burning Man

NevadaGeo